Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you all have been liking the story so far…. Hehe…. I’ve got many more chapters in stall, so hold on….


Thank you sooooo much to Lauriel…. You’re an amazing Beta… hehe *big hugs*…. ALSO a massive HUGE thank you to everyone who reviewed on the last chapter *smiles*… cordykitten, AME, Spikes_slayer08, Fallinfaery, JO, Sam, Ivy, Nuke (Kings of Mercia) and Pam S
Chapter 7:


“I won‘t put myself through that again,” she cried, “Not after what you did last time!” The tears were falling freely. “Please just leave!” Her shoulders shook with the force of her sobs.


“Fine!” He growled out, storming past her and down the hall. Buffy‘s knees gave out beneath her as she heard the front door slam shut and the revving of his Desoto engine as he kicked it into reverse and drove away from the cabin, away from her.



And if you asked me if I love him
If you asked me if I love him
I’d lie


……………………………….........................................................................................


Spike had been gone for hours, Buffy had fallen asleep after 3 hours of lying awake in her bed, trying to hear the front door and the Desoto’s all too familiar grunge sound.


It was 2am when Spike stumbled through the front door of the cabin. He’d been to 3 different bars and reeked of bourbon and cigarettes.


Dru shook her head. She had been waiting patiently in her room, knowing all too well Spike was going to think her door was the door to his room. Right at 12 past 2, her door crashed open and Spike stumbled in, knocking things off her chest of drawers.


“Spike,” Dru sighed, seeing the state her brother was in. “How much did you have to drink?”


“This isn’ my room,” he stumbled for the door.


“How many?” Dru growled, coming to stand in front of him.


“I don’t know,” he laughed. “Five-.” Dru scowled. “I los’ count after five.”



“This is ridiculous,” Dru helped her drunken brother into a chair by her bed. “Just because you had a fight with Buffy, doesn’t mean you can go and drown your sorrows in the first bottle of bourbon you can find.”


“Stubborn bint won’ listen to me,” Spike slumped down in the chair.


“It’s not that she won’t listen to you.” Spike let out a laugh. “Ok, maybe it is that she won’t listen to you.” Dru took a seat on her bed, across from her brother. “Look, she’s scared.” Spike snorted, Dru slapped him across the head.


“Oi, watch it!” Spike yelled.


“Would you be quiet!” Dru hissed. “Everyone’s asleep,” she glanced at her bedroom door. “Do you remember what happened last time Buffy put her heart out on the line for you?”


Spike seemed to be sobering up as his memory took him back to the time Buffy had been humiliated at school because of him. The day he’d told her she was beneath him.


“How could I forget…” he whispered.


"You know what love, I'm sick of you following me around giving me moon eyes all the time…We’re not friends anymore okay, so quit acting like we are. Get that into your thick head, yeah?" Spike said looking at Buffy, who had streams of tears running down her face.


"But…you said we'd be friends forever," her voice was barely a whisper, as she looked up into his crystal blue eyes.


"I could never be friends with someone like you, Summers. You’re beneath me," he spat out.



“You can’t just go back to how everything used to be, Spike. You moved on, you’re dating Harmony now,” Dru sighed, staring at her silent brother.


“I still love her,” he whispered. “I-I never moved on, Harmony’s just…convenient.” Spike refused to meet Dru’s gaze.


“God! You can’t play both sides, Spike!” Dru stood and started to pace in front of him. “You can’t be friends with Harmony, Angel and Cordelia and have Buffy at the same time. It doesn’t work like that!”


“You think I don’t know that!”


“Shh!”


“God, I want her so much some times,” Spike sighed. “I miss what we had. But she…she won’t listen to me. She just-”


“You have to earn it back Spike. You can‘t just expect her to jump back straight into a friendship with you.” Dru smiled sadly. “You have to prove to her that you’re not going to hurt her again.”


“How the bloody hell am I supposed to do that, luv?”


“That’s something you’re going to have to figure out on your own,” Dru smiled sadly. “Right now, I think it’s time for you to get some sleep.” Standing she helped Spike to his feet.


He stumbled towards the door and into his room. Dru let out a silent laugh as her brother fell into bed, limbs flailing everywhere.


“Sleep it off Spike,” she walked to the door and clicked his light off. “Sleep it off. God knows when we get back to Sunnydale, things are only going to get worse,” she sighed.


………………………………..............................................................................................


“Buffy?” Dru knocked on Buffy’s door. “Are you awake? It’s 10:30.” Slowly, she opened the door.


“I am now,” Buffy sighed, rolling onto her back.


“Hey,” Dru smiled softly. “Hope I didn’t wake you,” at Buffy’s headshake of ‘no’, Dru came and sat on the bed next to her. “You doing ok?”


Tears formed in Buffy’s eyes and again she shook her head ‘no’.


“Sweetie,”


“I don’t know what I’m supposed to do anymore,” Buffy cried.


“Maybe you should-” Dru was cut off by a knock on the door. Spike’s head popped around the corner.


“Can I, uh, talk to you Buffy?”


“I don‘t know if that’s the best idea at the moment.” Dru said, her gaze going from Spike to Buffy and back again.


“Buffy, please?”


“Five minutes,” she whispered. Dru stood and walked up to her brother who stood by the doorframe.


“Do not fuck this up!” She whispered before walking out of the room and closing the door behind her. Spike and Buffy were avoiding each other’s gaze


Chapter End Notes:
i know i know your all probably really frustrated at this stage.... please don't hate me:) hehe.... their going to be some very interesting revelations in the next few chapters and what was that........do i hear Spuffy loving coming up soon....


*grins evily*