Author's Chapter Notes:
Not mine I am just playing with them though I really wish Spike was mine!
Chapter 5 – Immortality




Willow did everything she could to get Dawn to wake up. Whatever had happened to Dawn that had her stating that about the Destiny's Six was powerful enough to have knocked out the slim framed Dawn.


“Come on Dawnie wake up! I want to get you back in one piece, and if you're like this Buffy will assume I did something wrong. Please, Dawnie wake up”


Willow tried sprinkling some water from her water bottle over Dawn's face. Nothing worked. Picking up Dawn she made her way to the nearby bench.


Willow was extremely worried as Dawn still had not stirred, but she did notice the rapid movement of Dawn's eyelids. This gave her hope that Dawn was ok.


Dawn however, fell into a dream like state since telling Willow the importance of Destiny's six. Her keyness was seeking out her mate because they were short on time. Dawn didn't really know how to channel her keyness, but she did feel the essence seeking the one that belonged with her.


Dawn at this point felt queasy going through continent after continent and jumping through time and portholes.


Willow looked at her phone to see what the time was when she saw Dawn float up in colors of bright yellow, white, red, and purple. Willow tried her hardest to get Dawn down from being suspended over five feet in the air.


Willow tried to pull at Dawns feet only to be surrounded by the very same light surrounding Dawn and slowly ascending to where Dawn hovered. As she reached Dawn, she noticed that her eyes were a bright luminescent green.


Dawn turned to her and in a melodious voice declared when Willow was right in front of her.


“The First defeated by the being more than human but his pure soul reflected thy light beneath bringing upon the destruction of the old age evil. The champion will rise again. Destiny awakened but the evil witch sets out to break the Six. The Key awakens and brings the six together. Forming an unbreakable circle immortalizes and grows into their power.


The power multiplies as they cast the Ritual of Binding. Binding the six awakens the mates to save and bring the line of potentials once again but severing the awakened potentials.”


With the very last words, both Willow and Dawn were suspended in air fell into a deep sleep surrounded by a protection barrier.


Willow was very worried when she came to. Looking around her all she could see was the brightest light and Dawn curled up in a ball on the endless white ground.


Moving towards Dawn she gently shook her to awaken.


Dawn's eyes fluttered open and squinted at the bright light. Lifting her head she rubbed her head groaning.


“Willow where are we?” Dawn looked at her quizzically.


“Dawnie I have no idea, but I thought we were locked in some barrier back in Italy but seeing as I can touch you, I believe we have journeyed to a different realm”


“You have”


Startled by another presence both Willow and Dawn turned around and stood in shock.


Both stammered on but it was finally Willow who answered, “Tara, baby is it really you?”


“Willow I have missed you so but please, there isn't much time. This was the only time the Powers would grant me to help guide you”


Running towards Willow and Dawn she fiercely hugged both and there wasn't a dry eye among them.


Breaking apart Tara knew she needed to be quick, so she gave them each a squeeze to their hands and backed away.


“Baby this isn't a reunion. I will always hold you in my heart but Willow you need to move on. I was meant for this and you my love were meant for Gia. Dawnie oh how I have missed you. I was in all of your lives for a reason and that reason was to bring you to your true destiny.” Holding her hand up telling them both that she needed to continue, they tearfully listened.


“Buffy and Spike have started the process of your destiny's. You both, as were Connor and Gia effected by the claim. When you awaken both Connor and Tia will be there. You must do the Binding Ritual tonight before the witch gains knowledge of Destiny's Six coming together. Destiny's Six is important because you all hold the mates who will bring a new line of potentials and depleting your spell cast when fighting the First. Together your children, the mates will produce the line.”


“Tara, Buffy and Spike can't produce children!” Willow cried out.


Tara contemplated Willow and Dawn and realized she needed to explain more in detail.


“Yes Spike could not before the mating. However, he can now. He has been elevated to a living vampire and the two babies that he and Buffy have they will be two of the mates to the new line of potentials. After the first two children, should they have more they will be just children a blessing, children for them to care for just as they would care for the Mates of Destiny.”


Dawn had been listening intently and a crazy and sick notion had her scrunching her face in disgust.


“Ewww, Tara that means all of our babies' mate and have hot monkey sex. That's just gross.”


Tara knew this would come up, but it had to be done.


“At first Dawnie we considered it would be Xander and Anya because we believed you were the child of Buffy and Spike but this isn't so. We also thought that you were made of Buffy because this was what we were told. However, this is not the case. When Buffy combined your blood it had the power to transfer some of your keyness into her allowing her to take your place. You were sent to pose as her sister, but you are not blood related. I'm so sorry Dawn”


Dawn had been listening and while she should be upset and with the kicking and screaming she could not because it made sense. Sure it made sense but it was also heart breaking that she belonged to no one. She was without a family. This fact alone brought tears to her eyes.


Tara knowing how this effected Dawn walked up to her and placed a hand to her tear stained face.


“Dawnie you are part of this family, the family of Destiny's Six. You all will forever be a part of the greatest growing family, the line of potentials. Don't ever doubt that you don't belong. You all do. In 50 years you have a decision to make. You can either elevate or stay for another 50 years. Each 50 year's you have this decision. Please let Buffy and Spike know of this.” Tara ended sadly knowing her time was almost up.


“Tara baby what do you mean to elevate?” Willow asked concerned and yet curious.


“You will each have the option to elevate to Guardian status in the realm of The Powers that Be. You will gain peace, the peace we regretfully took from Buffy. Please tell Buffy that she can have that peace again, and that it was among the Powers that Be. She doesn't remember but she was with them. She was loved, at peace, and finished. She watched over us all but being taken from her peace, she remembers it only as being heavenly. Her heaven was as a Guardian. She as you all are a part of Destiny's Six will get that peace as Guardian's.”


Taking a moment she turned back and spoke tenderly, “I must go. The Powers are summoning me and telling me that Connor and Tia have arrived. I must tell you this Dawn because you must tell Spike and Buffy. Connor is Angel's son. He is known as the Destroyer, but what he doesn't know yet is he has fulfilled his destiny and is now apart of you and the Destiny's Six.


I know you are wondering how Angel had a son, but it's really irrelevant. He was part of a prophecy with Darla, and together they had Connor. Wolfram & Hart brought back Darla. Please, all of you must be careful of the witch and Angel. Buffy knows who the witch is, she was the one to give Buffy the ritual to go to Spike. Angel will try to fight Spike for Buffy. Please heed to everything I have said. Goodbye immortals, I love you all.”


As she said her parting words she faded into the light leaving Willow and Dawn in tears.


When she was gone, they too fell into the void only to be awakened near the bench back in Italy. Breathing heavily they both looked up and true to Tara's word there stood Gia and the one they knew as Connor.


Blue eyes met blue eyes while green met green.


Stunned by their sudden appearance Connor and Tia helped up their mates. Tia already knowing who Willow and Dawn were stood back and watched eagerly with Willow as Dawn and Connor shyly held hands.


“Hi I am Connor. Gianna has already filled me in.”


Taking Dawn's hand they followed Tia and Willow back to the Summer's home when suddenly Dawn burst out laughing.


“Oh my god Spike and Buffy are going to totally wig out when they meet you!” taking a deep breath she giggled once again until she had tears streaming down her cheeks.


Gia and Willow had joined in laughing but Connor was confused and feeling he missed something that had the girls in a fit of giggles.


“Um not sure what's so funny but why are they going to wig?” Connor questioned.


Willow stopped and pointed it out to him.


“Well, I guess you didn't meet Spike but when Angel finds out oh boy will there be trouble! See Angel used to be with Buffy. Long story. Spike won't be too happy that your Dawn's mate, but he will deal. The thing is Spike doesn't like your father.”


“Oh, well then you should know that I don't have much love for him either. What's with all the brooding?” Connor asked with a chuckle.


“Oh the woe is me let me brood in my corner” Dawn giggled and added, “The over grown bat can't get too happy. He won't be so happy knowing you're half way across the world. Add that to your now being with and one of us, oh yeah that's just going to make his day.”


Turning to Willow, Dawn motioned for them to get moving but warned the others as they walked.


“We must be careful. Not only are we dealing with a crazy witch, but we will be dealing with Angel as well. God we don't ever get a break but wow immortality”


Everyone was in awe of their immortality but in agreement to watch each other's backs. They made a pact that they would get through this and to hell with a batty witch and a broody vampire. Both Willow and Dawn secretly praying that Angelus wouldn't be making an appearance.


Chapter End Notes:
April you have been the best beta and friend ever! Thank you so much for all of your help!