Author's Chapter Notes:
April my dearest best friend and sister of my heart you have helped me so much with my stories that I can't thank you enough!!! As usual no copyrite infringement intended...Enjoy! Reviews greatly appreciated!
Chapter 6 – May angels lead you


JIMMY EAT WORLD

May angels lead you in…
Here you me my friends…


Spike brought Buffy closer to him and kissed her head breathing in her scent, which mingled with his own. It was then that he realized he was dressed in a loose fitted white half button down shirt and white drawstring pants. If the colors weren't so blindingly white he would have ranted to Buffy asking her when the bloody hell she dressed him and what the bloody hell she dressed him in!

That's when he noticed his mate too was beautified in the silkiest fabric known to man or vampire in his case.

“Buffy luv, wake up sweetheart,” Spike sensuously ran his hand up her side reveling in the feel of the silky garment to then running his fingers through her hair.

Spike kissed and nibbled her full lips begging for entrance to awaken his golden goddess.

Buffy moaned as her eyes fluttered open to stare into his mischievous blues.

“S-Spike hmm”

“Buffy love, wake up, something you want to tell me?”

Buffy moved into him to block out the bright light groaning but blissfully happy from sharing a beautiful and breathtaking moment with Spike. This was what her morning after with him should have been…Except it wasn't morning.

“Spike” Buffy spoke softly.

“Awake yet, kitten?” Spike spoke affectionately while stroking her hair.

“Wow that was beautiful. I haven't blacked out from so much pleasure, not since we were last together…Wait why are we clothed…Huh? A dress? Oh my god!” Buffy finally saw and ogled Spike, panting.

Spike smirked and softened his gaze when her eyes shone with love while gazing over his white clad body.

Buffy straddled him and grabbed his head placing a burning kiss to his luscious lips. She wanted him badly. He looked so damn sexy in his white half button down shirt and white drawstring pants. She knew he wanted her.

She was just about to unbutton his shirt when they heard a feminine cough break through interrupting their moment.

That was then when Buffy realized they weren't in the apartment.

“Spike where are we?” Buffy whispered in his ear.

“Sweets I don't know but maybe the one bloody coughing can tell us, yeah?”

Buffy moved off Spike's lap and both then turned around and were speechless but angry at who interrupted them.

“Well, Buffy I was wondering when you two would get together. It's about time but we have a lot to discuss.” The being spoke thoughtfully.

“You're out of your bleeding gourd thinking we’d speak with you…Darla”

Sighing she knew this would be difficult. She knew very well that they wouldn't trust her, and she wouldn't even begin to try, but she’d changed. She knew the Powers were urging her to try.

“Fine William, I know that neither of you have any reason to trust nor believe me, but you will soon know what I will say is true.” Darla stated simply.

Buffy had listened to them speak, Spike angered and Darla calm. She knew that Darla had been dusted years ago, and she was confused as to why she was here, wherever they were. Finding her voice she finally decided to find out what was going on.

“Stop arguing cut to the chase Darla because I could have sworn your Childe dusted you years ago.” Buffy glared at Darla with her arms crossed.

“I guess your boy here didn't tell you…” Darla said with mocking sweetness.

“Tell me what?” Buffy narrowed her eyes at Darla and then searched Spike's blues anxiously.

Spike guiltily looked at Buffy and glared at Darla. He truly was well buggered this time and judging by Buffy's searching look and Darla's too calm look had him bloody nerved.

“Buffy luv, remember when Dru paid a visit?” Spike shamefully looked away.

Buffy replied confused, “Yes but what does Darla have to do with it?”

Spike scratched the back of his neck and looked to his love. He was ashamed to admit never telling her of what he knew, but he scowled at Darla for making this come out now.

“Dru rambled on about Grandmother now being a sister, and well I didn't get it then and when I did I didn't hear of Darla coming around and bloody hell, I just didn't tell you, but I did feel when she dusted again. What I don't understand is why she is with the Powers that like to muck up our lives. Darla, care to bloody share?” Spike spat out but calmed as Buffy wrapped her arms around him.

Buffy knew what he said made him feel tremendous guilt as she felt it pulsating through their claim something she needed to question him about. However, she was not upset at Spike, as she was upset about where she was and why Darla was there.

“Darla enough already! I want to know what the hell is going on, and I want to know now!” Buffy spoke through clenched teeth reigning in her frustration.

Spike was bloody glad that Buffy wanted to focus more on the why and the where instead of his stupid bloody omission but her scowling still made him feel even more guilt.

“You're right Buffy, but I do need to answer a few questions running through your minds.”

They both tried to cut in but to no avail, Darla was taking the floor.

“Ah-Ah-Ah, I have to do this as it is at the request of the Powers that Be. Yes, I was brought back and for a prophecy with Angel. We had a son.”

Buffy gasped but Spike snorted with disbelief and a face telling them that vamps swimmers didn't bloody work.

Darla huffed, “Oh don't look at me that way it's true. To have my son, I dusted myself to let him live and found my way here. I tell you all of this because you two among others are part of a Destiny…”

Buffy was painfully sad and knew it was affecting Spike, but she knew he was assuming that it was due to Angel having a son with Darla when it wasn't at all what she was so saddened by. She wanted children with Spike.

Spike felt the anguish coming off Buffy and immediately assumed she was still harboring feelings for Angel, but he hadn't felt any feelings towards his grand sire through the claim, so he was a bit bloody confused as to why she was feeling so bloody sad.

Darla had felt the confusion and sadness rolling off in waves from Buffy and Spike, and since they both had yet to question her, she would ease their pain because she knew she owed it to both Buffy and Spike.

Gently, she laid her glowing white skin to each of their hands and began, “The Powers have given me strict orders. They want me to tell you the exactly why you are here and the truth. I will not give you something cryptic to go back with just the truth.”

Both eyed her suspiciously but kept their mouths grimly closed and yet they felt surprisingly warm from her holding their hands.

“Buffy you blacked out with Spike. Your mating has started the Destiny of Six the King and Queens of the World. You were filled with a bright yellow, white, red, and purple haze as your claim took place on each other but started the binding of the other four. It's a Destiny, a fact, written in stone but most of all you all belong together.”

Letting this sink in she looked to Buffy's tear streaked face and Spike's awed face.

“This is too much to take in, Darla. Why are you being so nice?” Buffy quietly spoke.

“Honey, I am still the same just not the vampire you met, and I have undergone a cleansing and owe it all to my son. I know it's a lot to take in but there's more…”

“Great, they are making us bloody pawns yet again. Get on with it Darla” Spike rolled his eyes in exasperation.

“God is he always like this!” Darla retorted.

“Honey, your making Darla, the messenger for the Powers, get all pissy. Oh, yes Darla he is pretty much like this. You were saying?” Buffy punned.

Spike rolled his eyes but loved the fact that he saw his mate, his love, and his Slayer was happy. Bringing her closer he looked to Darla raising his eyebrow questionably at her.

“Yes make fun of the messenger. Hope you got it out of your system because now I need to give you the message. It's not a coincidence you two are together. Buffy, I am sorry but Angel was never for you. He was supposed to help you not devastate you. He was however, the one supposed to help William change sides, but we know how that played out.” Darla shared regretfully.

Buffy stared as Spike opened and closed his mouth, genuinely speechless.

“You both need to understand what I am about to explain. You both were tested and since Angel never did his job or listened to what the Powers sent to him in dreams, the Powers had to do what was needed. Buffy that peace you felt was here in the Realm not heaven.” Darla carefully stated.

With tears streaming down her golden skin, Buffy clung to Spike trembling whispered, “I was never in heaven?”

Spike glared furiously at Darla and held on tightly to Buffy muttering, “Bloody bitch making my girl upset.”

“I'm sorry Buffy, I truly am. However, I must be quick. You are immortal now.” Darla said with delicacy.

“What?” both Spike and Buffy cried out.

Darla rolled her eyes in irritation interrupted, “You both knew Buffy would be tied to you due to the claim, but you are immortal. It has been explained to the others who are apart of Destiny's Six but you all will be Immortal with the choice to elevate in 50 years as Guardians. Buffy you were a Guardian when you believed you were in heaven. You were at peace, you were loved, and finished, but you were a Guardian. Again the others will know this, please discuss it with them. They have been told as you are being told.” Darla informed them.

“Bloody hell Darla, stop speaking riddles. Who are these others?” Spike spoke impatiently still holding a now calmed Buffy who listened intently.

“You know actually two of them, Willow and Dawn.” Darla braced herself for the yelling.

“No. Dawn is not apart of this Darla. Change it now!” Buffy said desperately.

Spike gritted his teeth and clenched and unclenched his fists.

Darla knew this would happen when she mentioned Dawn. She really was rather peeved at the Powers for having her do this to them, but she owed it to Buffy and Spike…And to herself.

“Argh!!!!!! I can't do this! Don't make me do this!” Darla seemingly screamed upwards confusing a rather pissed off Slayer and vampire.

Turning to face Buffy and Spike, she angrily spat “Shut up! Do you realize that I am the one to have to tell you all of this? NO! You would rather get pissed off because your precious Dawn is part of the Destiny Six that YOU TWO BELONG TO! Oh no and you don't even realize how I feel about my son, my Connor having twins with Dawn! No one asked me how I felt about that, but I can't do a damn thing about it! The pull will be too strong for them and no one can stop it.

You get pissed off and I have to put on a damn cheery face and attitude to tell you about your Destiny's. You have some nerve! I am here to guide you and give you some truths! I'm done I can't do this anymore! It's too hard! Don't make me do it!” Darla shoulders slumped as she buried her hands in her tear-streaked face that had welled up during her rage.

Buffy and Spike were pissed as was to be expected but shocked more so at Darla's furious and emotional words. They really tried to cut in but an emotional driven Darla ranted on stunning them by the second.

Through pain filled tears Darla let go, “Don't make me do this, please! It's not fair! Do you have any idea how lucky you are? Any idea? No I didn't think so. I asked for one wish and that was to see my son once more until he finally came here but no, they can't even grant me that! Did you know that not only does Dawn and Connor have twins but that Gianna and Willow are gifted each with a baby? Did you know that you two also have twins?”

Noticing their looks of disbelief and Spike's look telling her vamps swimmers can't produce she huffed and wiped her tears away.

“Wipe that look off your faces it gets better. Destiny's Six produce the Mates of Destiny that will deplete Willow's spell and having the line of potentials run through them. Their children will be the protectors until the last war. I know it's a lot to take in, and it won't be easy but you all get to live and then finally have your peace. These six mates and their offspring will make you proud…” Darla cut off knowing she had stalled long enough.

Moving towards a perplexed and silent Buffy she grasped her hands and with tears spilling over, she prayed Buffy would look for comfort rather than taking it out on her.

“Buffy, Dawn isn't your sister.” Darla crumbled into tears still grasping Buffy's hands.

“What?” Buffy hoarsely spoke as tears rimmed her eyes threatening their way down her face.

Spike not one for the tears made his way to offer some support to his mate and Darla.

“I-I-I'm so sorry Buffy. She is not your sister, but she is family in every other sense just not blood.” Darla expressed as gently as possible.

“But I died to let her live! How is that possible that I did that? I saved the world” Buffy exclaimed.

Contemplating her she was about to answer when Spike answered for her.

“It's always the blood. Buffy, you do remember sharing blood with the Nibblet?” Spike mulled over while remembering he wasn't fast enough or strong enough to wipe out the lop-sided bitch. Grimacing at the fact that his girls had been hurt.

Tentatively, Buffy responded slowly, “Yes, I remember”

However, before Darla or Spike could even answer her, a bright white light shown and faded to an irate Cordelia Chase.

“Oh cut the crap!” Cordelia impatiently ordered.

“Still bitchier than ever Cordelia” Buffy scoffed.

Spike raised an eyebrow and smirked at the brassiness of Cordelia and yet amused at Buffy and even Darla's glares. Not really caring for Darla but finding it rather unsettling how protective he felt for her, he would have jumped right in had Darla not held him back and took stance in front of Cordelia.

“What are you doing here? This is my job to tell them!” Darla spat and narrowed her eyes. She really had no idea what the Powers were up to and really hoped this was not a test.

“No Darla, this isn't a test. I'm really sorry for the rude interruption but the way things were going on you would all still be here well into next week!” Cordelia directed towards Buffy and Spike.

Darla scowled and retorted back, ”You know why I was taking my time, Cordelia!”

Sighing she placed a comforting pat to Darla's shoulder and smiled sympathetically, and together they confronted Buffy and Spike.

“Well, now that I am here no beating around the bush. I'm giving it to you straight. Darla here is more emotional than I am…”

“Hey!” Darla glared at her but earned sympathetic looks by Buffy and Spike.

“Fine! Well, here it is and listen up! I will tell this only once. This is how it goes…Buffy, Spike the both of you are part of a destiny called the Destiny Six. You must perform a bonding ritual with the other four. You must do this with Gianna and Willow as well as Connor and Dawn. You will die if you don't. Sorry sucks to be you, but it is what it is. It's fate. You are not pawns for the Powers that Be. Well, your grandchildren might be because they truthfully will be immortal and the potential line will run through the Mates of Destiny. Which happens to be Destiny Six’s children. Got that so far?”

At their nods, she proceeded waving off their attempts to cut in.

“Your children consist of two twins. Connor and Dawn will have another set of twins. The next set of babies will be a miracle. Gianna and Willow will each have a child. This will make up the Mates of Destiny. Please follow this as we have peeked into each of your minds and know that you will not object.”

Looking at Cordelia both Buffy and Spike were puzzled and noticed the sheet of paper appear from thin air.

Clearing her throat she recited, “We the Powers that Be are congratulating you all for your help and for your hearts in this fight against evil. With the immortality you have the option to rejoin us as a Guardian Buffy. Please choose wisely as this will always be an option every 50 year's. This will be Destiny's Six's choice as well as offspring in time to come. William you were an oddity, but we have never been more pleased with you. You have been gifted by the Powers that be as a living vampire that will allow you to not only have twins that are part of the Mates of Destiny but more children to follow. You are also granted the gift to walk in the sun.”

Buffy and Spike looked at each other in shock but laughed giddily and considered that maybe this wasn't so bad after all.

Cordelia passed the rest of the parchment towards Darla who took over.

Darla began, “We realize that you will wish to name your own children, but we have taken the necessary liberties and have taken each of your wishes for names of children. They are as follows…

Gianna Gallagher will be taking Willow Rosenberg's last name and their children are: Rowan Athena Rosenberg and Alexander Michael Rosenberg.

We realize that Connor may object, but we felt the desire to at least have Dawn keep her last name and gift it to Connor as per his mother's wish.”

Tears formed in Darla's eyes as she realized that Buffy had grabbed her hand and held on to her hand with her own tears of gratitude.

“Their children are: Ava Alexis Summers and Caden Joshua Summers.”

Realizing the emotion Darla was feeling Cordelia took the parchment and lowered her own tearful eyes as she heard Darla whisper, “I'm going to be a grandmother.”

Cordelia read on, “Buffy and Spike you may object but this is in your hearts and your children are: Ella Anne Pratt and William James Pratt.”

Buffy squeaked, “Pratt?”

“Spike baby what aren't you telling me?” Buffy slyly stated with a mischievous smile on her face.

Growling he took her in his arms, “What are you going to do? Poke fun at my bloody last name, luv?”

Giggling she kissed his lips, “Oh no, I'm just glad I know what last name I will be taking when I walk down the aisle.”

Giggling once again at Spike's look of awe and gob smacked look, she looked back to Cordelia, “You were saying Cordy.”

Cordelia stifling a giggle herself started again, “The Mates of Destiny are what they are: mates. The Mates are as follows and there will be no stopping it, as they will be drawn to each other.

Rowan and William
Ella and Caden
Alexander and Ava.

Please take to heed as there will be forces that will try to stop this, but we believe in you, warriors. We send our sympathies for any pain, suffering, and loss you have endured. We hope that you take these gifts at value that we do look after our own. Blessed be, warriors.”

Cordelia felt the Powers calling her back and quickly added, “Buffy and Spike, please be careful and please watch out for Angel it will get messy.”

Taking her cue Darla handed them the parchment and also added, “I'm truly sorry for everything, please forgive me and send my love to my son.”

Darla grasped each of their hands quickly and then surprised them by hugging them both. With tears in her eyes, she backed away waving and disappeared.

Wrapping each other in their arms they felt the pull back to their own realm and whispered to their angels that lead them to their gifts.

“Thank you.” Buffy and Spike whispered to the departed messengers.

Embracing each other, they kissed deeply and then Buffy and Spike disappeared.