Author's Chapter Notes:
I'd like to thank my mother and god and...

Neah. I'd like to Thank Sotia and Carrie for their input and Kristi for her wonderful beta work.
“What the Hells was that?” Bendis asked Zamolxis as soon as everyone was out of the Magic Box for the evening.

“Whatever do you mean?” The smirk belied his affronted tone.

“You know damned well what I mean. The meddling! You interfered with their moods; you manipulated them, just like you do every single time. Why?” She was fury unleashed, the rawest of the elements in all their glory. She was breathtaking.

“I didn’t play with them all that much, just inhibited a few of their fears, brought out the real them to the surface, if you will. Ripper, for example, is there, pulsating, vibrating, drawing in all the frustrations and getting stronger day by day. Giles refrains himself from doing anything that would jeopardize his image as a quiet gentleman, but we know better, don’t we, my love?”

He threw her a knowing look and she relented just a little bit. “The ‘darkness’ inside them is there for a reason, as you well remember. They are too uptight in their little Scooby Gang. They see everything through glasses not even fit for the blind and measure everything by their warped standards. So I helped them see a bit of the other side of the looking glass, do you really think that will harm them?” he told her when she looked a bit troubled at this.

“Listen to me, Mother,” his voice was steely now, something he hadn’t used with her in eons – Gods did that make her wet for him. “I know how things are with this group and your feelings about them and I’ve told you how I feel about them last night. There is no way I’m letting a few misconceptions and half-truths guide the way they see things while I’m here. I use half-truths and blatant lies all the time and as such I can smell them a mile away. And that group there?” he said pointing to the darkened street the Scoobies had walked off into just minutes before, “That group is just swimming in idiotic views. I’m going to shake their foundations, crumble their world to dust, shred them to bits and sow them back together. These are my terms – you either agree and help or stay out of my way: this is MY game!” he bellowed, raising his voice for the first time in millennia.

‘There is the passion and fire he said were gone. Who’s bored and detached now, my darling?’ She should have been upset with him, manipulating her people, using his methods of chaos to undermine her orderly work – who was she trying to kid? She just loved goading him into getting worked up about something, and that something being helping her Slayer? Bonus! She realized with a start that she hadn’t seen him this worked up since the days of the “Corruption”. ‘Irony, how I mock thee!’ Ever since they had stopped using words to explain themselves to each other and to the others, things had been tame. The fire was back now, blazing within the depths of these borrowed eyes, filling her with a need beyond what she had felt since everything was still young. ‘In the beginning there was the Word and we have stopped using it. It’s high time we brought it back!’

“So what do we do now, my love?” she said, agreeing to follow his lead.

“I was thinking of seeing exactly how long we can go in these bodies.” He leered at her, planting a hand on her ass.

“Mmmm, that does sound nice, but you still have some explaining to do! And really, what was that all about? The inter-dimensional war, the pact between my guys and yours and all that you told them back there? None of that happened anywhere.” She was curious about his plans. He still hadn’t told her his agenda or even the entirety of their cover story. The previous night, amongst bouts of lovemaking they had discussed the distant past, reliving past deeds and mistakes. Now she wanted to know what the future held. ‘Well, maybe not exactly know, more like hint. The games would be over so quickly if we knew everything.’

“You know as well as I do that after the battle in LA anything was possible. So I just altered things a bit for this dimension.” He smirked while running his hands up and down her denim-clad calves.

“So you decided to play around to see where you could take them?” She purred, nuzzling his neck and caressing his back.

“What do you say we take this elsewhere, my dear? And I shall educate you in the ways of the future that never was. And I can also think of a number of other things I can educate you in.” With that she jumped up and coiled her legs and arms around him and they were both gone in a flash. ‘Thank the Gods for immortal constitution!’




Joyce Summers was a grown woman, mother of two teenage girls – of which one was the Chosen One – and owner of a successful gallery. So why was she blushing and finding it difficult to form words, all without the aid of some enchanted candy bars? Oh, right, because the man that had known her – in a biblical sense – while under the influence of said candy bars had just recently whispered his high opinion of her, in the same voice he’d used on that occasion. And now the same man was swaggering – who knew – alongside her and her youngest, escorting them home like some knight in one of those romance novels she’d read to escape her lonely times before the divorce or at the gallery. The characters from Passions had nothing on her life!

“D- do you think we should be there tomorrow evening as well, R- Mr. Giles?” Stammering now and trying for small-talk, the Hellmouth way, all signs that she was in a potentially dangerous situation – dangerous to her virtue anyway. ‘And if he keeps smirking like that I might just forget he’s my daughter’s Watcher and DO something about it. And Dawn really doesn’t need that image impressed in her teenage brain.’

“Well, my dear, I think your presence is definitely required!” She could swear he was purring out the words. How come they hadn’t kept in touch with each other? ‘Hmm, touching... What’s with me tonight, I just can’t seem to keep my mind in check. Who cares when he acts and looks like that?’ Her internal musings were interrupted by the subject of her not-so-pristine thoughts “And anyway I believe the two Gods – because that is what they apparently are, although the veracity of their claims remains to be discussed – have yet to explain your and Dawn’s involvement in their plans. However, maybe we should discuss this at length after the children go to bed.” And now it was official: he was leering at her! ‘So, I’m not the only one affected. Good!’

Rupert Giles was somewhat astonished at his behavior during the course of the past two days, a period of time that coincided with the appearance of the two beings claiming to be the representatives of two of the most powerful “organizations” he had ever heard of: The Powers that Be and the Senior Partners of Wolfram and Hart. He seemed to be showing more and more of the character traits defining Ripper more than the Watcher, a fact that led him to think he was under some sort of supernatural influence.

However, all the things that should have bothered him seemed somewhat muted, the delicious scent of the woman swaying her hips – and didn’t that ass just beg for a spanking – next to him and blushing in that ever-so-enticing manner drowning out even the most basic of safeguards: night equals vampires equals stake. Disturbing? Perhaps. However, that same woman – the mother of his Slayer no less – seemed to be responding wholeheartedly to his advances and innuendos.

‘There weren’t any sweets present, of that I am sure. Ah, such delightful memories I have of that event.’ So instead of over analyzing every single possibility of foul play, he was occupied with deriving plans to remain in the charming lady’s presence. ‘And who in his right mind wouldn’t want to spend as much time as possible in the company of such a passionate, wanton woman as she turned out to be. That pillock of an ex-husband of hers didn’t deserve any of the women in this family!’

“Well, since Buffy has gone after Riley’s whores I’m not sure exactly when she’ll be back, much less when she’ll sleep. It could be a while.” This time the words seemed to flow all on their own, driven by an innate need to have this cultured yet oh-so-wicked man with her for as long as possible. ‘Who turned up the heat?’

Dawn was getting more and more squicked by her mom and Giles. Yeah, sure, they were both like OLD and there was that whole thing from a while back, something nobody cared to tell her that much about, but they were like her parents – her father and that skanky secretary of his really didn’t count here. And they were acting, well, like Tricia and Allen were during breaks, all with the flirty and innuendo-ish and stuff. Pretty soon they’ll get to making out, and wasn’t THAT a thought that sent her in the ultimate ew-fest. She had to get away from them and fast. And ohmigod to the thoughts of exactly what they would be doing while alone, that was definitely TMI-territory!

So after picking up the pace a few times on the way back, they were now fast approaching their house, and, for Dawn, the safety of her own room, which was situated far away from the kitchen, living room or even ‘shudder, ew, blech, ew, shudder’ her mom’s room. And wasn’t her mother getting ill these days? Shouldn’t she be concentrating on getting better instead of practically throwing herself at her sister’s Watcher? Great, new visuals of the blech category! This would leave her scarred for life, in need of massive amounts of professional care by a whole group of shrinks. ‘They’re kinda romantic, though… If they weren’t soooo gross!’

Stealing furtive glances at one another, each look conveying more need than the previous one, the two adults walked up to the front door of the Summers’ residence. Once Joyce actually managed to insert the key into the lock, her trembling hand stilled by an ever-so-helpful Ripper with a huge grin on his face, the three persons dearest to the Slayer walked inside the darkened home. Dawn immediately excused herself and bounded up the stairs as if chased by hell-beasts out for her blood.

As soon as they were left alone Joyce hurried for the kitchen, not quite making it before hard male arms were wound around her waist stopping her, the palms pressed tightly into her hips and a chest pressed so tightly against her back that it was difficult to distinguish one heartbeat from another. Something familiar pressed against her ass while moistened lips barely touched her ear as he spoke, “Where are you going, Joycey? I thought we had some talking to do, hmmm?” The hands started slowly drifting upwards, over her abdomen, towards her ribs, under her chest and now resting fully on her breasts.

Even with a bra and a long-sleeved shirt covering her body, she still felt his palms’ every rise and dip as if she were naked under his ministrations. Her breathing was now fast and labored as if she’d run all the way home from the Magic Box and he’d done that to her in just a few seconds, not counting the rising tension on the way over. One hand rose to play with the hair at the nape of his neck while the other traced the contours of the ass whose muscles she could feel tensing in preparation for the inevitable thrusts that would send her over the edge of sanity.

“Stop!” Her breathy voice laced with need betrayed her though and only made Ripper even bolder in his pursuits. His hands were inching their way up again, only this time beneath her blouse, his lips were hovering and just slightly touching her neck above the high collar and his hips started a slight rocking motion, pressing their lower halves together rhythmically. Things were fast getting out of control and the outcome was clear. “Ripper, please, stop!” This time her voice was steadier and her hands grabbed and held both his hair and his hips. She disentangled herself from his embrace, shuddering at the loss of his warmth, feeling it as one would feel the loss of protection from the stormy snow.

“If this is what you truly want, there is just one way things are going to happen.” At his raised eyebrow, quirking lips and folded hands across his chest she continued, ticking off her fingers. “Dinner, a show – and not some movie only fit for teenagers without parental supervision – talks under the stars about literature and poetry, and maybe, just maybe, you’ll get lucky, buster! We already did it without thinking of the consequences once, if it’s to happen again I want you to become a father to both my daughters, not just to the one you’re bound to by duty. And if you EVER want to share my BED – there will be no more sex on police cars… in daylight.”

She blushed and got flustered a bit at this. ‘What people don’t see won’t hurt them, but it’ll hurt me good! And there he goes off the charts with cockiness again!’ “You will call, you will send flowers and candy and do all the tings mature people in a working relationship do, not that thing you did last time, hiding like a turtle and not even showing your face for MONTHS!”

‘Bloody hell she’s gorgeous like this. Can see where her daughter gets her feistiness from – and it’s not the Slayer line! Exactly why didn’t I pursue this vibrant woman before? Must have been a spell of some sort, I’m not that daft!’ Raising a hand to stall her angry tirade – pity that – he spoke in the sexiest of tones available to a once part-time singer “Of course you will be pampered,” step, “dined,” step, “and cherished,” and now they were touching again, “for as long as you walk and lay beside me.” He waggled his eyebrows and managed to get her to relent enough in order for him to be able to pull her into his embrace, her head tucked under his chin.

And that is exactly how they were when the door banged open.


Chapter End Notes:
Slowly making our way towards the smutty bits... still some way to go until Spuffiness though.

Oh, and look! Another cliffie!