two





Kind of annoying to find out that someone you think is your friend is actually an asshole with a vendetta against your boyfriend just because said boyfriend happened to do what was in his nature.

Okay, so Nikki Wood, Principal Wood's mom? Happened to be the same Nikki Wood that had been killed by Spike.

Fine, so Buffy wasn't too bright all of the time. How was she supposed to put two and two together without getting all the details?

She's gotta say, though -- she's kind of upset that she has yet another name to add to the "Touch My Mate And You Die a Bloody, Bloody Death" list.

At least her guy isn't under Evil Wonky First Influence anymore.

And go figure, Xander was the one to figure it out -- The First had placed a trigger on Spike. In this case, it had been a song, or rather, the memory of the song that Spike's mother had used to sing to him when he had been alive.

Had she still been human, Buffy's stomach would churn at the thought of what Spike had done - he'd killed his mother. She'd thought he was different, that he wasn't like the other soul-filled vampire, the one who had murdered his parents and his innocent little sister in cold blood. A part of her -- the Slayer part -- still felt nauseated at the thought.

And then he explained to her why he'd done it. And suddenly, all of her understood -- the part of her that was still the Slayer, the part of her that was still sort of human, and the part of her that was his beloved Childe -- she completely understood.

He'd done it to save her. Even as a vampire, even with the Aurelius demon inside of him, even with his insane new Sire by his side whispering words of deviousness and debauchery in his ear, Spike had still loved his mother with everything in him and the first thing he'd tried to do had been to save her.

It wasn't his fault that the Aurelius demon had eaten Anne's kindness alive.

She still doesn't understand her Sire sometimes. What is it that is so different about him? How is it that in the presence of three other psychos, he comes out the sane one? Did Dru screw up the turning?

Or maybe Spike had just been born for this? Maybe, just maybe, he's had a touch of destiny about him all along. Maybe the Powers knew it.

Gods, but she loves her mate. And now that her friends and Watcher aren't holding her fear over her head, she feels free to express it to him anytime and every time he comes into her vicinity. Namely by pouncing him until she's babbling it over and over again in an endless, ecstatic litany.

She still thinks it's utterly adorable the way he gets huffy when she calls him anything but Spike. It's been reduced to token protests ever since she told him that the name William makes her feel all warm and gooey inside, though. She's taken the opportunity since then to find out what his last name is, who his parents were, when his birthday was, and if he had any siblings. She's had to pull out the heavy artillery for those, and at one point, she hadn't been able to walk straight for two days, but it was so worth it to finally know who her man was and where he came from.

He was William Chase Gareth Pratt, born October 22, 1854 in Kent, England to loving parents Gareth Elijah Pratt and Anne Davis MacClay, older brother to one Charlotte Aileen Madalyn Pratt (better known as Lottie); died on October 14, 1880, just over a week shy of his 26th birthday.

Spike had told her that after moving to London in 1865 (when he was eleven and Lottie was six), Gareth Pratt had died from the cholera epidemic just a year later, leaving his small family in comfortable care from the wealth of his estates. Most of the money had gone to William's education at Cambridge, and the rest to Charlotte's dowry when she married at age twenty. Anne had died -- not from the consumption she'd contracted in 1879, but from William's bite after he had been turned by Drusilla. After he'd had to stake his mother, he'd delved into all the leftover funds that had remained and split it up accordingly -- half was set in the bank to accumulate money for nearly a century and a half, and the other half was sent to his darling younger sister in Bath to care for her new family following the death of her old one.

Buffy has never been so fascinated with history before -- maybe because instead of listening to boring blah blah blah history in school, she was listening to the history of the man she loved? Large possibility.

Not to mention, it was dead sexy seeing him wear those cute little glasses that he thought she hadn't known about. She constantly makes him wear them when they make love. Something about it -- just like everything else about him -- turns her on.

Hence her current position on top of him.

She writhes just a fraction, and he groans, the lamplight bouncing of the glint of gold wire, his blonde hair curling finely into delicious little spirals. Her right hand steadies itself on his stomach as her hips gyrate against his, and he arches his back, lifting his hips to meet hers at every thrust downward that she makes. The sensations travel all the way from the tips of her fingers to her very toes, and she bounces vigorously, shaking her gold mane out wildly. Spike's hands lunge for her bottom and he lifts and lowers her on his cock as his palms rub and squeeze the fleshy globes. As much as Buffy wants to playfully torture him with pleasure, she knows full well that his impatience will appear soon enough, and she stretches herself over him, breasts rubbing against the firm muscles in his chest, her clit grinding against his flat abdomen. She picks up the pace and as the heat and desire well up inside of her to a white hot, blinding release, she says the one thing that is guaranteed to make him explode.

"I love you, William."

Sure enough, the house rattles from the roar he gives as his entire body bows from the force of his orgasm, and she yelps when his strong hands force her body down against him, thereby setting off her own release.

When she begins coming out of the daze, she notices that she can hear her little sister let out a scream of disgust in response to the animal noises heard through the thin walls of the new house. She chuckles sheepishly as her lover begins snickering unconsciously. He's still kind of out of it, his bright blue eyes glassy beneath the lens of his spectacles, and she lightly peppers kisses along his jaw and neck, bringing him back to awareness.

"It's weird how intense this can be, even when there's no bitey," she murmurs, nuzzling her favorite haven on his body, the crook of his neck where she'd first laid her mating claim on him.

"It was intense long before the bitey, m'love," he purrs in response, nuzzling his chin against her forehead.

She smiles giddily. "Agreed."

This is how it is between them. They had come a long way from the pure violence of their relationship when Buffy had first come back from the grave. Spike takes great pleasure in throwing his knowledge of her feelings into her face every chance he gets. She can't count how many times he has said to her, "All along. You loved me, and I was right all along, and you were wrong. YOU were the one in denial!" And she also can't count how many times she has had to placate him by saying, "Yes, you were right, I was wrong, I wanted you and loved you all along. Can we hop topics now?"

Just because Spike has insight on what goes on in her head, it didn't necessarily give him the right to gloat about it endlessly. She has to put a stop to it sometimes.

They have an evil ultimate spirit and a misogynistic power-happy priest on their tails, after all.

Not to mention the two-faced principal that has already tried to kill Spike.

Days later, it is with shock that she and Spike converse with Giles about the situation. Supposedly, Wood attempted to recruit Giles to his cause -- and Giles had been tempted. But he'd also noticed how much stronger and resourceful Buffy was now with Spike by her side (barring the fact that Giles didn't know about her little case of vampirism), and that the bleach-blond vampire with a soul that could not be lost made her happy. In a moment of clarity, Giles refused the principal in defense of his former ward's happiness. Wood had carried on with his "plan" anyway.

Buffy is happy that at least when push comes to shove, she can still trust her old Watcher. He's still like a father to her, and he may not like her choices, but she is, after all, old enough to make them, and Giles respects that. He even respects Spike -- a fact he tells the blond couple with much cringing when Spike stares at him confoundedly. "Wood pushed Spike to retaliate," the Watcher explains. "Wood used Spike's trigger against him, and forced him to fight back. Spike was well within rights to kill. The trigger had been activated - no one would have been surprised if Wood had not come out of the altercation alive." Giles shrugs. "Instead, Spike overcame the trigger. He gave Wood a warning, then walked out leaving alive someone who had actively tried to kill him. It was... impressive. To say the least."

When they get up, preparing to leave 1630 Revello Drive, Giles asks them to return to the house. He says that Willow is now officially involved with the loud-mouthed Kennedy and that they have taken over the empty house next door, that Xander has decided to stay in his apartment rather than Joyce's house, and that Giles can even make arrangements for himself and the rest of the SITs to find lodgings in one of the many other abandoned houses or hotels around Sunnydale. Buffy, Spike, Dawn and Anya are more than welcome to return and reclaim the property as their own.

Buffy and Spike look at each other and smile, but politely decline Giles' offer. This house belonged to Buffy's mother -- it is a house that holds many memories for the Vampire Slayer, and she is pleased to have called it home for so long. But she has a home and a family of her own now. Okay, so she doesn't really own her new home, and her family is an odd mish-mosh of people who aren't really people, including herself, but still. Let her mother's house have life in it for however long it can. Buffy would never have stayed there much longer, anyway.

Spike has promised her the world, after all. And with a younger sister with untapped powers that can open dimensions, and a vengeance demon that can teleport anywhere at any time, the idea is becoming more and more... genuine every day.



End part 2


Chapter End Notes:
AN: for anyone who doesn't know, Giles is supposedly from Bath, England. I trust you all to have caught that little allusion above ~_^