Disclaimer: Unfortunately I do not own Spike as much as I have bombarded Joss with my begging he has failed to give him to me!!! :_-(







The next morning Buffy woke up early, her mind filled with doubts and worry over facing Spike. She still felt for him, she loved him, but she had moved on, changed. She had met John now; the immortal and things were different…good. She let out a groan in frustration and pulled the covers over her head…
“Could this day get any worse!?” she grumbled trying to fall asleep again. Just then a knock on the door sounded followed by a familiar annoying chirpy voice.

“Buffy! It’s me Harmony! You getting up today?”
Buffy regretted saying the previous statement the day was already looking to be awful!

“Yea give me a minute Harm!” Buffy called still lying in bed hoping to get rid of the annoying blonde without confronting her.

“Okay well Angel wants to see you in his office.” She replied, before the sounds of footsteps could be heard retreating from the room. Buffy sighed, today was not gonna be easy. She was planning what she was gonna say, whilst she showered.

“Spike I…I do love you but I have a life now I…AAAH!!” she screamed, annoyed that it was so hard, she sank down the bathroom wall and cried.





Another day
without your smile
another day just passes by
but now I know
how much it means
for you to stay
right here with me


“Why the hell would she go off with that ponce?…what’s he got that I ain’t!?” spike asked pacing up and down in Angels office, he was waiting with Illyria and Wesley for Angel to arrive.

“I’ve never accounted the Immortal myself…however my research shows he was very charming and…”

“I’ll stop you there English…” Spike bit off pulling a smoke out of his duster and lighting up.

“I met the Immortal once…” Illyria droned, walking around Spike, “He had power…people worshipped him!”

“Yea well I have power…vampire here remember!” he raised his hand, she gave him a dismissive glance before carrying on…

“He had more power then a worthless vampire…he could see the future, he knew what would happen, that’s how he was so strong, he could dodge every blow towards him…he’s invincible…”

“Sounds like a crazy voodoo to me!” Spike shook her off, settling on Angel’s chair… “I mean if Buffy knew this then why…”

“If Buffy knew what?” he was cut short by a small blonde in the doorway, she stepped forward planting her hands firmly on her hips, glaring at Spike. “ Well come on Spike…”

“S’nuffin luv.” He replied shortly avoiding her gaze.

“Don’t give me that, and I’m NOT your love.” She spat at him…how could she even have thought he had changed? Anger was coursing through her, her hands digging deeper into her sides. He face must have got red as Spike stood up from behind the desk and was walking towards her. All her emotions were taking over her, she was so angry with him; annoyed she couldn’t stand him. Yet the only reason she was angry is that he hadn’t told her…why had he kept his return a secret…why hadn’t he come to save her? Tears were threatening to fall as her eyes glazed over, her breath hitching in her throat.


The time we spent apart will make our love grow stronger
But it hurt so bad I can't take it any longer


Spike was close to her now, he ushered the others out of the room, and went to put his arm around her “sssssh pet s’alrite”.

She tried to move out of his grasp but he just held her tighter, “I’m not your pet!” she said bitterly struggling to move… “I’m not your…. I’m not your pet!” she began to cry out, her feelings surfacing as she began to sob, she pounded on his chest, hard at first but as her tears shook her body she slumped to the floor, taking Spike with her.
He pulled her tighter towards him; she rested her head on his knees, weeping. He stroked her hair tenderly.

She finally looked up at him, cupping the side of his face in her hand, “why did you leave me?”

It broke his heart, she was crying for him… “Baby I didn’t want to…I had to…to save you to…”

“No” she cut him off, a fresh new set of tears about to fall… “Why didn’t you come back for me…after?”

Spike hung his head shamefully; so many times he had planned to go to her…to see her. He wanted to, more then anything. He dreamt of her every night…each night coming back to her, their emotional embrace after seeing each other for the first time. Then he remembered why he didn’t…the nightmares…where she would reject him…not want him.

“I…I wanted you to live…I cant see you in the light…you need someone to take you out of the dark.”

She lowered his head to hers, and placed a soft kiss on his lips… “I love you” she whispered against his mouth.


I wanna grow old with you
I wanna die lying in your arms
I wanna grow old with you
I wanna be looking in your eyes


He smiled, “I love you too.” He brought their lips back together for a truly passionate kiss, their tongues battling. Buffy nearly cried all over again, she couldn’t remember when she had ever been this happy.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, breaking them from their loving embrace…spike groaned, as he began to stand up, offering a hand to Buffy also.
“Hold on peaches!” he smirked, grasping hands with Buffy their fingers entwining. He looked down at his blonde goddess, quickly placing a soft kiss on head. He spoke into her hair… “Wit till later!”

She broke into a laugh, jokingly hitting him on the arm, “Spike!” they both had large smiles on their faces….

I wanna be there for you
Sharing everything you do
I wanna grow old with you


….until the door opened.

“Hey Baby!”

There standing in the doorway was a man, dressed in simple jeans, white tee and denim jacket, he had a bright smile. His hair a sandy blonde, and eyes a dark blue…it was none other than the Immortal.

Spike gritted his teeth and his grip on Buffy tightened…he hadn’t liked him a hundred years ago and he still didn’t like him now. His vampire face was threatening to show, but he hid it for Buffy’s sake. He looked at her, but she didn’t even glance at him. She tore her hand away from Spikes and went running towards the Immortals outstretched arms. He picked her up and swung her around.

“Oh John put me down!” she squealed, before he silenced her with an intense burning kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck, groaning enthusiastically…Spike stood staring on oblivious to the couple in front of him.

He felt like crying…what had just happened? A moment ago, that was they, making out on the floor, her telling him she loved him. And now she…she was with him. He couldn’t move…he couldn’t speak…he stared straight ahead, a look of pain, confusion and hurt etched across his face….





A/N: I know I know….I’m evil!!! Trust me I hate the Immortal too!!! But it has to be done as part of the story!!! But there are loads more Spuffy moments ahead…and it will have a Spuffy ending…Sorry the chapter is so short…I thought it was the best place to finish…as always please review!!! I love to know what people think…This chapter is dedicated to everyone who has reviewed!!!!