Author's Chapter Notes:
I appolagise for not updating sooner. Things have been crazy for me these last few months with work and its doing my head in. I had planned on making this story a few chapters longer but i dont have the time to drag it out.

A huge thank you to Lauriel for taking the time to Beta this chapter for me and to everyone who has reviewed. *hugs and kisses*
Take me back to the time when we walked down the aisle
Our whole town came and our mamas cried
You said I do and I did too



Buffy let out a laugh as William ran his hands down her stomach causing goosebumps to rise on her skin in their wake.

“You’re starting to show,” he whispered, a smile playing on the edges of his mouth.

“I know.” She let out a grin at seeing the entranced look on Williams face as he watched the rise and fall of her stomach with every breath she took.

It scared her a little at how quickly things had picked up over the last 3 months. William had cut back his normal 45-hour working week to 38 hours and spent all the spare time he had with her. He’d stopped going to the pub everyday after work with his colleagues and instead came home to cook dinner.

She couldn’t help but still be surprised when she walked through the door after work and found a cooked meal on the table ready for her to eat.

“You’re beautiful,” William whispered kissing her belly and making his way up her body.

“You say that now,” Buffy laughed jokingly and wrapped her arms around his waist. “But I’m going to get so fat.” She sighed, a pout forming on her lips.

“You’ll still be beautiful to me.”

“Even when I’m as huge as a house and can’t see my own feet?”

William laughed and nuzzled his nose against hers in a loving caress.

“Even when you’re as huge as a house and can’t see your own feet.”

He leant down and captured her lips in a sweet and short kiss.

“I don’t know if I can do it,” Buffy whispered as William rolled to the side, coming to lie next to her.

“Buffy-”

“She’s going to freak out. I’m freaking out! Don’t laugh at me!” Buffy yelled with a pout, playfully smacking him on the arm.

“Luv,” he smiled slipping his hand into hers and bringing it to his mouth for a chaste kiss. “Your mother is going to be so ecstatic that she’s not going to care that you didn’t tell her earlier.”

“You really think so? I could have told her when she came ov-”

“Everything is going to be fine.” He dropped a kiss on her forehead before sliding out of their bed and stretching, not caring that he was naked and being blatantly stared at. “Now,” he grinned and raised his eyebrows suggestively. “How about we go have that shower?”

Buffy’s eyes continued to rake up and down his body, as she admired his taunt body and had not heard a word he’d said.

“Luv?”

“Hmm?”

Buffy shook her head and glanced up to meet his smirking face.

“Shower?”


………………………………...............


“I don’t think she’s squealed this much since I told her we were getting married,” Buffy whispered into William’s ear, smiling when her mother let out another ‘Oh my God’.

William laughed and kissed Buffy on the neck, his thumb caressing the top of her hand that was entwined with his own.

“We have to celebrate!” Joyce was ecstatic, her grin reaching from ear to ear. “We have to go shopping for-” her eyes widened as it finally hit her. “Twins! You have to get double of everything. Have you told your parents yet?” Her question was aimed at William who nodded in response. “Get your things, we’re going to celebrate. Where’s the phone? I’ll call your parents to-”

“I think she’s more excited than I was,” William whispered as he watched Joyce snatch the phone from its holder and punch numbers in at double speed.

“It’s kind of scary.” Buffy met his eyes and squeezed his hand as her mother spoke enthusiastically into the phone making plans for that evening.

“Twins, I know!” Joyce grinned. “I’ll be over in the next hour to pick you up, we’re going to celebrate. Yes, bring Giles, Hell you can bring everyone, I’m so excited!”

“Mom!” Buffy yelled at the mention of ‘everyone.’

“Bloody hell.”

“What?” Joyce asked as she placed the phone back into its rightful place.

“You better not invite everyone, the wedding was bad enough-”

“What do you mean bad enough, it was a beautiful wedding.”

“It was, pet.”

“Except for the part where you practically invited the whole town!” Buffy replied shakily as she stood. “I’m freaking out enough as it is, I can’t handle having everyone-”

“Honey,” Joyce smiled, embracing her daughter in a hug. “I was only kidding. It’s only going to be Jenny and Giles.”

Buffy nodded and tucked a few stray hairs behind her ears before turning to face William.

“We’ll take it a day at a time, yeah.” William reached out and slipped his arms around her waist and dropped a kiss on her shoulder.

“I’m so excited!” Joyce grinned, Buffy and William jumping slightly at the tone of her voice.

“We know!” they said in union.

“I’m going to go get ready and then I’ll go pick your parents up.” She met William’s eyes as she grabbed her purse and keys. “I’ll meet you at Grastini’s in an hour.” Without giving William or Buffy the chance to reply, Joyce quickly slipped out the front door.

“You better not leave my side tonight.” Buffy turned around and wrapped her arms around William’s neck. “This is going to be a nightmare.” She buried her head in his chest.

………………………………......................


Take me home where we met so many years before
We'll rock our babies on that very front porch
After all this time, you and I



“I’m stuffed,” Buffy moaned as she rubbed her belly, climbing into the hammock with William and leaning back into his waiting arms.

She was emotionally and physically drained. Her mother had stayed true to her word and kept the celebratory party on the low down. Buffy and William had met with her mother and his parents at Grastini’s, the best Italian restaurant in town, to celebrate.

She’d never smiled so much or eaten so much in her entire life.

“That,” he laughed, “was one good meal.”

“No more talk of food.” Buffy moaned, laying her head on his shoulder and adjusting the book in her hands. “I think I might explode.”

They were lying in the hammock on the front porch, wrapped in each other’s arms as the light breeze rocked them.

“I’ve never seen you eat that much before,” he laughed, stroking her hair.

“Oh, I don’t know.” Buffy smiled. “Remember our one year anniversary?”

“I thought I was going to be sick.”

“I remember.” Buffy laughed, playing with the page edges of the album in her hands. William brought his hands from around her to open the album and flick through its pages.

Each photo had captured moments in his life he never wished to forget. Each picture held a memory, all of which centred around Buffy, the woman he was going to spend the rest of his life worshiping.

There had been times in their relationship when things had gotten tough; he’d said and done a number of things to her that he wished he could take back or rewind time and do things over again but he couldn’t.

He thought back to the last few months and how his work and drinking had blinded him to what was right in front of him the whole time.

“Do you think we’ll ever be that happy again?”

William was brought out of his musings by Buffy’s whisper. She was holding the album up on her stomach, stroking the outline of his laughing face in the photo.

They’d gone to the beach with her mother one sunny Saturday afternoon. He’d thrown her over his shoulder and carried her down to the water, much to her dismay, and dumped her in the ocean. He’d almost fallen over in laughter when she’d come sputtering up for air, her hair a tangled mess strewn across her face.

“I am that happy.”

Buffy turned around in his arms to meet his eyes.

“Being with you…There are always going to be times when we want to strangle each other, pet.” He laughed as she raised an eyebrow, a smile playing on the edges of her mouth. “But I wouldn’t have it any other way. I can’t picture my life without you in it.”

“You know you’re my only and always, right?” Buffy whispered.

Her answer came in the sweet form of a kiss, sweet and tender. The old worn out photo album clattered to the floor as their kiss became heated. They’d always have the memories, pictures to show them their past and help remind them how they’d gotten to where they were.

William grinned at Buffy’s squeal as he stood with her in his arms, her legs wrapping around his waist as he made his way inside and up the stairs to their bedroom. Their lovemaking was sweet and slow, William smiling down at her afterwards as he ran a hand down her swollen belly, thinking of what lay nestled inside.

It was no surprise at Buffy’s baby shower that Joyce presented her with another photo album. The first photo this time, however, was a picture of the happy couple wrapped in each other’s arms. William’s hands lay on Buffy’s very pregnant belly and they were wearing matching smiles that stretched from ear to ear.

Joyce had written a few words underneath the picture.

You’ll be eighty-seven and He'll be eighty-nine and he’ll still look at you like the stars that shine in the sky, oh my my my...


Chapter End Notes:
Sorry about the small banner... Imageshack turned it into a thumbnail *sigh*. Thought i'd give it a short and sweet ending:)