Chapter 6: The Legendary Orbs



Buffy watched the cavern nervous.

She felt the tingles starting to die down and knew Spike had to be doing some serious battles.

Spike exited the cavern carrying a box with him that he placed inside a pocket in his duster as he turned around fighting with a few vampires.

Buffy turned around helping him.

She noticed he was pretty banged up but there were still six vampires around him.

She chose one and staked it, which alerted two of them to turn on her.

Spike glanced her direction to make sure she was fine but she was so he turned his attention back to the three left on him.

He successfully dodged almost every punch and kick they managed and quickly dusted two leaving the last one.

The vampire questioned Spike saying, “You’re a demon like us? Why would you do this?”

Spike smirked saying, “Not so much like you after all am I?”

He dusted the last vampire turning to see Buffy dusting off her clothes and smiled as she smiled at him.

Together they walked to the car and when he got inside, he said, “Want to try these on a quick patrol? Just to make sure they work?”

Buffy nodded and watched as he opened up a case to take out two red orbs.

They glowed slightly as he handed them to her.

He handed them her to absorb the energy and nodded as he said, “We will need to find my crypt before we do battle.”.

He then said, “Let’s go try out that power shall we?”

She nodded and watched him drive feeling the power course through her as he drove them back to Sunnydale.

Spike hummed a tune from the CD he had in the car as Buffy did some thinking.

Spike glanced at her from time to time to notice she was deep in thought.

He was tempted to ask her what she was thinking but decided against it figuring she would talk when she was ready.

Before he realized it, he pulled the car into his parking space and said, “Everyone with power out.”

Buffy giggled and together they walked to his crypt which was close by and she found a large rock and with Spike's help, she managed to shove the orbs inside of their safe casing into the rock.

She then moved it so no one would disturb them.

As she exited the crypt she noticed a vampire was waiting for her in the cemetery. He hissed, “SSSlayerrrr.”

She grinned saying, “Yea that’s me. Ready to test out my new power?”

The vampire looked nervous and then was really amazed as she kicked the vampire sending him across the graveyard.

She frowned saying, “That wasn’t much fun.”

Spike laughed saying, “A bit too much power there luv. But hopefully it’s enough to take down Glory.”

Another vampire rushed towards her and instead of kicking it she dodged his attacks like they were nothing.

She felt ultra strong and ultra fast as she quickly plunged the stake into him and punched a hole in the ground.

Spike chuckled saying, “Easy there pet. Don’t you dare decide to use that on me.”

She grinned but shook her head saying, “Wouldn’t be fair. I don’t even plan to use these to fight in after tonight. It’s a nice thing to have in case some powerful being decides to take up residence in Sunnydale though.”

Spike nodded and said, “Might even things out a bit but I know you won’t abuse it.”

Buffy nodded and smiled saying, “Ok we need a plan for Glory. What should we do?”

Spike grinned saying, “Catch her off guard tonight, give her a hellish beating and get this over with before it begins.”

Buffy smiled saying, “You will be there right?”

Spike nodded and replied without thinking, “Always.”

She glanced at him and then glanced down at their feet as they walked together to the Magic Box.

Once they reached the Magic Box, they entered with the sound of the bell alerting everyone of their presence.

She noticed everyone was still seated around the table but now with the troll hammer in the center.

She sat down in a chair with Spike pulling up a chair beside her and she said, “So what’s with the troll hammer?”

Anya smiled saying, “It’s powerful enough to help. If you got strong powers, this hammer should really do the trick.”

She picked it up and stood up away from the group and swung it over her head and around in a circle with a grin saying, “Ok where’s Glory?”

Spike laughed and said, “Not so fast. We need a plan.”

Buffy nodded saying, “Ok show me where she is and I’ll beat her to a pulp. You guys handle the minions and Willow and Tara, I need you back at the house making a protective barrier to make sure they are safe. I don’t want to have to worry about my mom or my sister while I’m fighting Glory. Can you guys do that?”

Both witches nodded and Buffy turned towards Xander saying, “You need weapons to kill the minions. They are demons so should be easy enough to dispose of. Giles you do the same. I need to know I am not going to be attacked from behind while I’m focusing my energy on her.”

Giles and Xander both nodded in agreement and both turned to get weapons from the weapon cabinet.

Buffy turned towards Anya and said, “Anya, you are command center. You make sure everything goes down and you can help fight if you want but you don’t have to. I just really need someone to make sure to watch so everyone’s safe.”

At Anya’s nod she turned towards Spike saying, “Spike you make sure no minions get near me while I’m fighting Glory and you have my back.”

Spike nodded as he thought about throwing another “always” out there but wondered what was wrong with him.

He didn’t want to think about it too much so instead he focused on his duties and chose a dagger out of the weapon cabinet and hooked it into his belt.

Buffy smiled to herself as she had an idea but didn’t want to say anything until it was time.

She wasn’t sure about how people would react and she didn’t need issues in the rank while this was so important.

This might be the only chance they have at fighting Glory and winning.

She grinned turning towards the group and picking up the hammer. She held it at to the ready saying, “I get Glory.”