Chapter 7: The Battle



Buffy stormed into the apartment building Glory was staying in.

She glanced around the room seeing only minions.

She motioned to Xander and Giles who got to work.

She looked around the apartment and Spike followed her.

She turned around towards Spike and said, “I wish I could share this power with you. I’d feel better knowing you couldn’t get hurt.”

Spike shrugged and then glanced at her saying, “Then you might not be powerful enough to take down this hell bitch.”

She shrugged saying, “Two against one should even the one powerful being out.”

Spike shrugged saying, “No way. This is best because you need all the power you can get, luv.”

She didn’t say a word as she snuck into the back of the apartment and heard Glory talking to someone.

She ran into the room and held up her hammer to her shoulders.

She whacked Glory who fell backwards hitting the wall with a loud crash.

She glared at Buffy saying, “Watch it, my nails are wet.”

Buffy rolled her eyes as she hit her again with the hammer.

The two minions that were with Glory tried to rush Buffy but Spike held them at bay disposing of them. He turned to see Buffy and Glory in an all out battle.

He snuck behind her as she slammed him against the wall hard knocking his head.

He shook his head seeing bright lights as he tried to focus back on the fight.

Buffy was distracted seeing Spike thrown against the wall.

She kicked Glory and Glory laughed saying, “How can you date such a pathetic creature?”

Buffy glared at her not bothering to correct her at this time saying, “You need to die bitch.”

Glory laughed and said, “I’m a God. God’s can’t die.”

Buffy gasped as she realized if Glory was really a god, how would they ever kill her. Spike glanced at Buffy getting an idea.

He ran to Anya saying, “Can you open a dimension that might hold Glory?”

Anya shrugged saying, “I can try but I’m rusty on spells.”

Spike frowned saying, “Remember how you guys sent the Troll to Troll land?”

Anya nodded saying, “I have an idea but it’s not an exact science you understand?”

Meanwhile Glory was looking pretty beat up and Spike watched as Glory changed in front of them to Ben.

Spike stepped back saying, “Holy shit, Buffy. Did you see that?”

Buffy looked confused saying, “See what?”

Spike said, “That bloke is Glory!”

Buffy blinked not understanding what Spike was talking about. She didn’t see anything.

Spike frowned saying, “Kill him!”

Buffy looked so confused as Xander and Giles rushed into the room and Spike said, “That wanker is Glory!”

Giles looked at her skeptically and Spike hit the man and his chip didn’t go off. Everyone’s eyes got big as Spike kicked him again and he fell over saying, “What are you doing? You’re making a huge mistake.”

Spike grinned and kicked his stomach again saying, “You’re the Glory but how?”

The man shook his head saying, “I’m not Glory.”

Spike eyed him as Giles went over and put a crossbow in front of him saying, “Are you really Glory?”

Buffy said, “I was fighting Glory one minute and the next she’s gone and this man is here. It’s mom’s doctor.”

Giles glanced at Buffy not knowing what to do.

Part of him could see this was weird but the other part didn’t understand it.

Then before their eyes, Glory appeared again and Spike yelled, “See I told you!”

Buffy kicked Glory again and hit her with the troll hammer as the battle started once more.

Glory looked drained and was having a hard time staying in her form and not Ben’s.

Giles chanted something and his eyes grew wide as he saw Glory’s male and female form flashing before his eyes.

Finally after a few minutes Glory changed back to Ben and Giles sighed saying, “What are we supposed to do? We can’t kill Glory.”

Spike whispered something in Giles’s ear as Giles nodded and Spike said, “Come on Buffy. We want to check the rest of the house for where Glory went.”

Buffy willingly went with Spike and Xander and Anya followed leaving Giles alone with Ben.

Giles came out of the room a few minutes saying, “Glory is taken care of.”

Buffy raised her eyebrow and rushed into the room and gasped saying, “Oh my god, you killed the doctor!”

Giles shook his head as Spike wrapped his arm around the shocked Slayer leading her from the apartment complex.

It was almost sunlight as they all rushed to Spike’s car and piled in.

Spike sighed as he wanted to talk to Buffy alone but it was impossible with the back seat full of Anya, Xander and Giles.

This battle was over though and now she wouldn’t need him anymore. He pulled up to the curb in front of the Magic Box letting out everyone.

Buffy stayed in the car saying, “You can drive me home.”

Spike nodded and started to drive in the direction of her house and she shook her head saying, “I want to talk to you about something. Can we go to your crypt instead? Then you can walk me home.”

Spike nodded and pulled over to the Restfield Cemetery and parked his car in its normal spot as he walked around the car letting Buffy out.

Neither said a word as they walked into the crypt with Spike holding the door for her.

He then poured himself a mug of blood aiming to heal up from the vampire wounds earlier as Buffy finally pulled out the rest of the chips and soda from earlier that had been in the car and began to scarf it down.

Spike sat down next to her on the coffin and started munching on it as well.

She then looked up at him and made her decision.

She stood up and walked downstairs and came back carrying a red glowing orb suggesting its powers were back in it.

She glanced at Spike and handed the glowing orb to him.

He took at it and looked at her questionably as she explained, “You trusted me with more power and I’m trusting you. The deal is, you don’t use it to fight and only use it to enjoy a sunny day. From what I gathered, you said the person is immortal and invincible. That means you can walk into the sunlight and never worry about dusting. We will be equals still but I want your word you won’t feed again even with the orb.”

Spike nodded in agreement, “Agreed.”

She nodded and he whispered, “Thank you for this Buffy. It means a lot.”

She looked up at him and whispered, “No thank you. You saved my sister and me. I’ll never forget this.”

She then leaned over and gave him the softest kiss either of them had ever experienced.

She then backed up quite a few steps looking shocked at what she did putting a hand over her mouth feeling her lips still tingle.

She closed her eyes for moment and then before Spike could register anything, Buffy opened her eyes, which were filled with lust and walked towards him.

She reached out and framed his face with her hands as she pulled him in for a deep passionate kiss. He eagerly returned the kiss as they started a new chapter in their lives together.


The End