Chapter 11

Spike awoke to find Buffy gone. The bed was cold, meaning she had been gone for sometime. He looked around the crypt, looking for a sign that she had been there. She hadn’t taken any of her toys. It looked like she had left in a hurry.

Crushed, and trying desperately not to burst into tears or break things, he covered his head with her pillow, inhaling her scent deeply. Instead of breaking down, like a ponce he would set the evening to memory. He concentrated on her emotions, her expressions, all of her actions. Growing more frustrated with his loss, he growled and jumped out of bed.

He straightened the bed covers, replacing all the pillows just as he liked them. He picked up the paddles, the crops, and her corset. He carefully traced the red-corded detail on the front of the corset with his fingers. He brought it to his face, inhaling and committing her scent to memory. He placed each item back in his chest, carefully rolling her corset and placing near the bottom of the chest. He went looking for the jade flower and when he found it a tear rolled down his face. She hadn’t taken it with her. He lovingly placed it back in the velvet-flocked box, and placed it on top of the corset. He slammed the lid, and pushed the trunk back to opposite side of the room. He fell to his knees and sobbed. Where would they go from here? How could he go on without her in his life?



Buffy woke spooned against her beautiful vampire lover. His cool skin made her warm skin prickle and as tired and sore as she was, she wanted him again. She could feel his ever-hard member pressed against her behind, ready for her. Her body wanted him, but her mind needed to sort out the evening and try to figure out her Slayer dream. Her desire to figure it out quickly was overwhelming. Where Spike’s dream fit was just one more piece of the puzzle. Buffy knew she needed to figure this out and do it as soon as possible. She wanted to be back with him, in his bed, enjoying him and all he had to offer. She wanted to explore him and his treasure chest. He had awakened in her a lust for things she had never even considered. Her skin warmed once again at the thought of him touching her.

Buffy had discovered that she not only liked dominating him, but she thoroughly enjoyed him taking control as well. He had taken her to levels of pleasure she had never known to exist.

She hurried home. In her mind, she searched for answers. What had her dream meant? Why had Spike had a dream about her, years before she had even been born?

At the house, she rushed to her room. Grabbing a pad of paper from her night table, she made a list of all the things she could remember from both dreams. She remembered Giles once told her that Slayer dreams are meant to show you a path, but the one you take is always your choice. Buffy replayed her dream in her mind. She remembered how the room had looked, Spike lashed to the wall, and the feeling of power. But was it power? She considered for the first time that maybe the dream hadn’t been about power over Spike, but her lust for him. Maybe his power, and his strength intimidated her so much that she would never consider him as anything other than a competitor. What she had learned from the dream, or at least the path she had chosen, was that he was so much more than that. They were both drawn to each other. He was special. He could have killed her, drained her and left her for dead. But instead, he had shown her pleasure and comfort.

She had heard him tell her many times he had feelings, but had never believed him. Yet, he had dreamt of her. Like a vision of things to come. Like her dream. Did it mean that he was linked to her? Were they supposed to meet? For a higher purpose? Would the Powers that Be want a vampire and a Slayer together? Could that be what this was all about? Buffy was sure that this was a sign. He was here for her, and she would have to find out why. But for now, she needed to take care of some other business. Spike needed to be rewarded for the gift he had given her last night, and she knew just what his reward would be.


Spike sat on the floor of his crypt, face buried in his hands, for a long time. He couldn’t think of anything more the crushing sadness and misery that was weighing on his unbeating heart. He had envisioned her with him many times, but nothing had come close to the last 24 hours. He wiped his eyes, and got up off the floor. He finished straightening the room, then went upstairs to find something to pass the time till the sunset.

He sat in his old reclaimed armchair, with his left leg flung over the arm of the chair and bottle of Jack Daniels in his hand. He turned on the telly, which was tuned to a random channel, and the volume was off. He stared blankly at the screen as he continued to drink.

Spike was making plans of leaving Sunnydale, unable to stay and see her daily, and unable to bring himself to walk out into the sunlight. He still had an ounce hope that she would come back to him.

He finished the bottle of Jack and passed out. He dropped the bottle; it rolled across the floor, coming to a stop just in front of the crypt’s door.


Buffy had an idea of what she wanted, so she looked online till she found exactly what she wanted, and located a shop about 2 hours from the house. She called the shop and spoke to a creepy shopkeeper who said the item was in stock and he would hold it for her. Grabbing a quick shower, Buffy figured she could make the trip and be back in time to get ready before sunset. Bouncing with excitement, she got ready to leave.