Author's Chapter Notes:
Ku'u I'ini means 'my desire' in Hawaiian (or at least I'm hoping it does and according to two sites it does. Here's hoping :) Big shout out to Immortalangel08 for reading this over for me.
“Turn right.” Buffy waved her arm across the front of the steering wheel as she pointed to a tiny line on the map barely visible to the naked eye.

Spike snorted, adjusting his sunglasses against the bridge of his nose as he turned to look at the miniscule traveler’s map and back to the road. “Can’t turn right, luv. I can go straight and left, but no right.”

Buffy frowned and glanced back down at the map, tracing and re-tracing the thin lines as they waited at a stop light. “Go down there,” She pointed down the road a bit to where he could just make out a clearing in the median, “and make a u-turn, then you can turn right. See we have to go on Nimitz Highway, not Puuloa. Turn right.”

The light turned green and he maneuvered the small black sports car into traffic, angling to make a u-turn as soon as possible. Glancing down quickly, he looked over the map. “Pet, aren’t we supposed to be on Ala Moana?”

The small 2-door beamer darted through traffic, passing palm trees and uncaring pedestrians, as Spike anxiously looked for any sign they were going in the right direction, desperate to finally reach the hotel.

Buffy glanced over at the bleached blonde man at her side and shrugged. “Runs into it. It’s not like the island is that big. We’ll find the hotel eventually.”

He smirked as he dared a glance over towards her, “Right then, we’ll just drive around the island hopin’ that we see the bloody hotel before nightfall which should hit in…a couple ‘f hours at the most. Why didn’t you hire a driver like you usually do?”

Again, she shrugged. “I guess I was just hoping that maybe we could have some time playing tourist instead of being constantly monitored and driven around. This way we have a bit more ‘play’ time. We could check out the sites, maybe go jet skiing or check out Pearl Harbor or something. If you want I can call tomorrow and set up a driver.”

“Don’t. I like your idea better, luv. More time for jus’ us.” He paused, looking around at the various palm trees and ocean view. “Where are we going?”

“Don’t yell.” She held up her hands in mock defense, “but I think we went the wrong way.”

The vein in his forehead bulged as he tried to breathe as calmly as he possibly could. “Exactly how do we get there?”

“Uh…”

His hands clenched at the leather steering wheel. “Buffy…can you fix this or should I just pull over?”

“Turn! Right now, turn left!” Her hand darted in front of his face again as she pointed him off the highway.

As the vehicle made its swift descent down the off-ramp, Spike began to relax as Buffy quickly directed him onto another highway, this time aiming them towards the towering hotels and apartment buildings lining the beaches.

Minutes rolled by as they made their way swiftly down the highway, passing cars left and right as they took in the majesty of the ocean and the historic buildings along the shore.

Buffy consulted her map again, this time consulting the small sheet of paper hidden in her hand. “Get off here and then turn right.” The car idled for a moment at a stop light before he was able to take another right and they trudged along the congested road, searching for their hotel.

“What’s the name ‘f it again?” He glanced around at the elaborate hotel signs as he struggled to remember what she had said less than a week prior when they had made their plans.

Buffy consulted her tiny sheet of paper once again, “The Royal Hawaiian, I think.”

He chuckled, “You think?”

“Well, you have tried to read my handwriting, haven’t you? There’s a chance that it is the Royal Hawaiian and there’s an even bigger chance that it’s something else. We’ll find…eventually.”

Spike let out a full-on bellow as the car crept along the crowded street. “That’s comforting.”

“Turn left.” She watched carefully as he merged into the left lane. “Here. At Kalakaua, turn left. There it is.” She pointed down the road slightly.

He blinked, “’s pink.”

“It’s a historic hotel. It was built in 1927.” Buffy rambled off random facts from the bottom of her map.

“’s pink.” He blinked again as he pulled into entrance of the hotel.

She shrugged, “Get used to it.” Her smile returned as the young parking lot attendant opened her door and offered her a hand out of the car, glancing around at the other tourists leisurely walking around the front lobby. She caught a glimpse of a pathway leading to the ocean and made a mental note to get Spike down to the beach for a moonlit walk sometime during their vacation.

“Y-you’re Buffy Summers!” The young boy trembled at the prospect of meeting the actress as he reluctantly released her hand at her companion’s low growl.

Again, she gave him a small smile, “That would be me. Do you guys bring the luggage up or should we just grab it now?”


The boy shook out his overgrown brown hair as his mouth gaped open. “Y-you’re Buffy Summers!”

Spike rolled his eyes at the display but quickly wrapped his arm around Buffy’s waist before addressing the kid. “Yeah, she is. Jus’ park the bloody car and have our things brought to our room like the fancy sign over there says.” He pointed past the boy’s head towards a posted sign encouraging the use of the hotel’s bellhop service. With another possessive growl, he led Buffy past the still-shaking parking lot attendant towards the elevator leading to the main lobby.

They had made it less than a few steps before a local woman had lain carefully strung lei’s around their necks and escorted them towards the front desk.

“Miss Summers, all we need is your signature and your guests signature and then we’ll be all set. The costs have already been taken care of so feel free to charge anything to your room and it will be taken care of. If there is anything I, or anyone else on staff can do to make your stay more pleasurable, please don’t hesitate to ask.” The dark-haired woman waited a moment while the couple signed the appropriate pages before handing over the room keys and a single sheet of paper. “I hate to ask but…would you mind? I’m such a big fan of yours and I’d really love…”

Buffy giggled, flipping a stray strand of hair over her shoulder before signing the sheet of paper with flourish. “It’s really not a problem. Thanks for all your help.” She turned back to a bored-looking Spike. “Room first or beach, then room?”

He took a moment to gaze over her toned figure against the tropical backdrop as a slight breeze tousled her hair. “Room, beach, and then dinner.”