A/N: The beginning of a series of Spike and Buffy's relationship set to the lyrics of Depeche Mode. I really enjoy older Depeche Mode so a lot of these songs will be from the mid 80's. I'm setting this in Season 6 but screwing with everything , I hate Kick the Spike Buffy, sorry.
This is a first fic, please be gentle, may beef up to nc-17, if I get brave.
Wanted to do a Master and Servant but I think Sarah Aless has that area covered far better than I could hope to do it, maybe I'll do an unconventional one. Who knows R&R please?

Thank You to Pari, Mercy, Pattyanne, and facingthesun, as their words of encouragement helped me decide to post.

Depeche Mode Spuffy Style - Blue Dress


1630 Revello Dr. Sunnydale, Ca. Saturday 6:30 pm

Buffy walked home from the Doublemeat Palace oddly happy, it had been one month since she and Spike started their illicit romance. Being the incurable romantic that he is she knows he has something up his sleeve for tonight.

As she enters the house something seems odd, Dawn wasn't home, but the front door was unlocked. While she scours the downstairs looking for a note from Dawn, the phone rang. With great annoyance she answered with a tense "What"?


"Buffy, it's Dawn, Janice's mom asked me to spend the night. I figured you would be tired after work, and would want some quiet time, but if you want me to come home I will."

"No it's ok; just leave me a note next time. Be home by noon." With that Dawn hung up and Buffy decided to head upstairs for a long bath, didn't want to smell like the Palace all night. The bathroom door had an envelope taped to it. The note inside had instructions:

Luv,

Everything is laid out for you take a nice long soak, hope you enjoy all of your goodies, and when you are done, more instructions will be waiting.

Spike


Buffy opened the bathroom to find a tub of hot water and fluffy bubbles awaiting her, candles of every size, color, and fragrance lit every available surface to create a very warm and inviting environment. There was a nice fluffy towel sitting on a stool next to the tub, and a new silk robe hanging on a hook by the shower. Smiling widely Buffy decided to play along, Princess for a night was awfully tempting...

While she lounged in the bath she began to hear the faint sounds of a slow ballad being played, knowing that Spike must be in the house somewhere she decided to hurry up. She noticed her normal vanilla body wash was gone, replaced with a bottle of Rose body wash. She quickly washed up and, got out of the bath only to find a bottle of rose scented body oil under her towel, playing along, she lavishly put it on before drying off. She donned her pale blue silk robe and went to her room to find further instructions.


Princess,

Hope you enjoyed your bath, you smell like the Royal Gardens on a warm June evening, I love the smell of English roses. Look in your closet for phase two.

Spike

Buffy quickly ran to her closet, a little upset that all of her clothes were gone, except a garment bag hanging with a beautiful piece of creamy rose parchment on it. A post it note with READ ME FIRST attached to the note caught her eye. She pulled the rose colored paper off and sat on her bed and started to read, as she did the music that was faintly in the background all of a sudden became much louder and more melodic. As she read, she could hear the soothing sounds of Martin Gore singing:

Put it on
And don't say a word
Put it on
The one that I prefer
Put it on
And stand before my eyes
Put it on
Please don't question why
Can you believe
Something so simple
Something so trivial
Makes me happy man
Can't you understand
Say you believe
Just how easy
It's to please me
Because when you learn
You know what makes the world turn

Tears stung her eyes as she stood up and opened the garment bag. Inside was the most beautiful silk gown Buffy had ever seen. She had in fact been admiring this very gown in Nordstrom the last time she had been shopping. The rich Sapphire silk was the exact shade of Spikes eyes when they were desire filled and lovingly looking at Buffy. It had a modest neckline, only to reveal every inch of her tanned back. The drape was not overtly sexy, but not demure at the same time. It hugged her curves while still giving her room to move. It was the perfect length for someone barely over five feet tall. The tears were falling freely now as she looked down only to notice a pair of jeweled heels, perfectly matched.


Put it on
I can feel so much
Put it on
I don't need to touch
Put it on
Here before my eyes
Put it on
Because you realize
Something so worthless
Serves a purpose
Makes me happy man
Can't you understand
Say you believe
Just how easy
It's to please me
Because when you learn
You know what makes the world turn

As the song finished and a quiet settled over the house Buffy dressed herself in the Blue Dress and heels, as well as all of her foundation garments the he had so thoughtfully supplied. As she was putting on the lace thong she just had to ask herself if the undergarments were really for her, or more for him?

She sat down at her vanity to find all new cosmetics in colors that would not only compliment her, but also the dress. She also found a new bottle of perfume, in Rose, this stuff was not dollar store cheapies either, he dropped a bundle at a Lauder counter somewhere, and she really had to thank him for that later. Lately she could barely afford to buy hairspray much less a $22 tube of Cherry pop lip gloss.

When the finishing touches of her hair and make up were done she began to descend the stairs slowly awaiting further instructions. On the table in the entry
There was a new crystal vase with two dozen long stemmed red roses. She quickly grabbed the card.

Kitten,

Dinner is almost ready, please have a seat in the living room, enjoy a glass of bubbly, and give me ten minutes before opening your next note.

Spike

Buffy all of a sudden noticed the sliding doors to the dining room were closed and she could faintly hear mumbling going on behind them. Not wanting to be a spoilsport, no matter how the anticipation was eating her alive, she went to the living room and found a bottle of Sparkling Apple Cider in an ice bucket and a champagne flute awaiting her. Her laughter could be heard three houses away. Leave it to Spike to keep her from making a fool of herself with alcohol...again.
Tbc?..in Here Is The House