Author's Chapter Notes:
Special thanks to Lauriel, PB, and Sotia for the fabulous beta job *mwah*
Chapter 2

William drove the Jeep as the girls chatted about all the things they wanted to do at the mall. He watched Buffy in the rearview mirror, as she sat in the back. Her face was glowing with happiness as she and Cordelia conversed about anything and everything. He didn’t say much, just smiled and listened. He not only found out all the latest gossip, but also learned about their likes and dislikes as well.

Cordelia was turned in the front seat so that she could talk to Buffy and William. Her beauty seemed to light up the interior of the car. Her shiny, long, brown hair caught the sun’s rays each time she flipped it back over her shoulder. Her lips were highly glossed and shimmering, catching his attention. He needed to kiss her lips, feel them as they mingled with his own, taste the sweet cherry flavor of that gloss. Her skin was golden brown, kissed by those sunbeams he had just praised.

Cordy saw him stealing glances at her while he drove. “William, you better keep your eyes on the road.” Both girls giggled, and the brunette leaned over and kissed his cheek. “You can look all you want, when you aren’t driving. I take it you see something you fancy?” She saw his gorgeous smirk at the use of one of his ‘English’ words.

“You know I fancy you more than ‘sliced bread’,” he countered with an ‘American’ quip.

Buffy spoke up from the back seat, “Hey! I want to be fancied as much as sliced bread too!”

Laughing, William pulled into the mall parking lot, found a decent space and parked the car. As soon as he withdrew the keys from the ignition, his anxiety overwhelmed him. He just sat there, trying to control his breathing, as both girls grabbed their purses and got out of the car. When he didn’t get right out of the car, the girls got concerned.

Buffy looked in the driver’s side of the car, and saw William, white-knuckled hands gripping the steering wheel, sat with his eyes closed. The blonde opened the car door, startling William. “Are you ok? You have me a bit worried, Will.”

Cordelia had walked around the Jeep and now stood with Buffy.

“I’m fine. Just still so worried about being seen in public, in our relationship. Do you think people will know? I mean will people know we’re together?” He looked to their faces for answers.

Buffy was first to speak. “William, unless we jump each other’s bones in public, no one— I repeat, no one—will think we are anything more than friends. Please don’t worry. Cordy and I promise we will not attack you in public.”

“Not unless you ask nicely,” Cordy added, taking his hand and squeezing it.

William felt as though a huge weight had been lifted. “I will definitely ask nicely if I change my mind. He quickly looked all around, checking to see if anyone was looking. Once the coast was clear, he pulled them both close and kissed each of them full on the mouth. “You girls mean the world to me. Don’t let my crazy phobia lead you to any other conclusion.” He released them and the three of them headed towards the mall entrance.

Once in the mall, they forgot all about William’s issues, the plethora or stores claiming their focus William went into the bookstore and selected a few books he thought would be interesting. Cordelia found a store full of accessories, where both girls bought things they just couldn’t live without. William realized that he never enjoyed shopping until this trip. He couldn’t get enough of Cordy and Buffy’s excitement.

Each of them had a bag of treasures, and were trying to decide where to go next. Buffy suggested the sporting goods store, which they all agreed to. As they made their way there, Cordy noticed a store she wanted to stop at on the way back. A leather goods one. William would look so good in a black leather jacket.

The latter noticed a store that made him blush, Victoria’s Secret. He had never actually looked in the window before. Now, he not only looked, but fantasized about his women wearing these things for him.

Buffy suddenly stopped walking. “Wait, I want to go in there. William, do you think you could handle it? You could pretend you’re our gay friend, maybe even see us try on a few things; pick out some things you might like to see on us later. How does that sound?”

Not wanting to pass up seeing the girls trying on frilly lacey things of his choosing, William agreed. “I suppose I could pretend to be a poof for a bit, just to get a peek at you two in your knickers.” He wasn’t sure if he needed to make his wrist look limp or just act like one of the girls, but he was definitely not passing up this opportunity.


Both girls laughed, each looping an arm around one of his, and all three strolled into the store.

Once in the store, William was having a hard time remembering he was supposed to be ‘gay’.

Cordy released his arm, and walked over to one of the display racks. “What do you think of this one, Willy?” She had picked up a blood red merry widow with those little straps for thigh high stockings.

Struggling to keep in character, William answered her with a higher pitched voice then usual, throwing his hand up, wrist limp, , “Darling, that is simply to die for! Go, go, try it on. I’ll be right there as soon as you can get it on that luscious body of yours.” He then turned to Buffy. “Let’s find you something equally as fab-u-lous,” then snapped his fingers in a “z” formation, as he walked her over to a different rack.

Buffy couldn’t help but laugh as she walked arm in arm with him through the aisles. He had even changed his walk, which now included a swish of his butt from side to side. He was really overdoing the ‘gay thing’, and it was very funny.

The blonde noticed something she thought William might like. On one of the display areas on the wall was a black and white lace bra and tap pant set. “Ooh, William, look at this? What do you think?”

William swallowed hard. He could see her trim, fit body in the lovely, retro set. It had a bit more fabric then he had originally been hoping for, but the classic elegance was something he hadn’t considered. She would be stunning in it. Suddenly remembering she wanted ‘Gay William’s’ opinion, he gushed, “It’s purrrrfectly divine, Kitten. Now, grab your size and let’s see just how fierce
you and Cordy look together.” He stressed his point by clawing the air, while making a cat’s hissing noise.

Buffy giggled as she rushed to the dressing room with swishy ‘Gay William’ right behind her. Once there, she popped into the room next to Cordy’s.

William sat on the bench just outside the dressing rooms, crossed his legs and pretended to be checking his manicure. This whole charade was making himself laugh, he was having so much fun. He sincerely hoped he could keep ‘Gay William’ around when the girls came out to show him.

Cordy called out to Buffy and William, “Who’s ready for the show?”

“I am!” Buffy called out.

“All right, Miz Thangs, come show me whatcha got!” William managed to stay in character to get that statement out, but as the doors to their dressing rooms opened, he wasn’t so sure.


Chapter End Notes:
A review will make my day, please take a second and let me know what you thought.

If you add to your favorite stories, you will never miss an update!