Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to all my betas PB, Sotia, and DFL, You guys are fab-u-lous! And Xaph, the banner is as always amazing, thanks so much.

for those who've never seen the Friends episode with the leather pants her you go : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBrCZQO6-o4
Chapter 4



The smell of leather was an overwhelming welcome as they crossed the threshold of the store. There were leather goods in every color on racks and displays everywhere. A salesgirl rushed to them almost immediately, asking if she could be of assistance. Cordy answered for them, stating simply that they were just looking for the moment, but would let her know.

“Do you like the black leather, Will? I think black leather is so classic. Maybe brown? Both are great and I’m sure either would look gorgeous on you. Maybe we should concentrate on a style.” Buffy was bubbling over with enthusiasm.

Cordy giggled at her excited friend, and watched William as his eyes scanned the merchandise. “Maybe Will can just look around by himself. We can look for things we like and see what we all come up with. Will? How does that sound?”

Coming out of his fog, William replied, “Yes, sounds great. I think I would like to see what they have first.”

“Don’t forget to feel them too. Each kind of leather feels a little different. Maybe you like it soft, maybe you like it stiff… I know what I like.” Buffy giggled as she saw William wander to the other side of the store to look around, then she turned to Cordy. “Let’s find him a few different styles to try on.”


William wandered in and out of the racks on the men’s side of the shop, touching the shoulders of several jackets. He noticed a rack of biker type vests, a rack of ties, wallets, and belts; he then found one with of leather pants as well. Walking back to the center where he had first started, he picked up a brown leather jacket to try on. He realized very quickly that the jackets were all chained to the rack and replaced the hanger. His shyness taking hold of him, he sought out the girls. They obviously knew far more about this than he did, and they’d said that they wanted to “dress him up in their love,” so he would let them.

Cordy and Buffy were also looking through racks when they saw William approach them.

“Find anything?” Cordy asked.

“Well. I… um... well, I thought I’d let you two pick what looks best on me. I haven’t a clue what I’m doing.” His face blushed as he spoke, endearing himself even more to his lovers---if that was at all possible.

Cordy winked at him, “Not a problem, Will. We’d be honored.” She raised her hand to the salesgirl, who was there in a flash.

“Yes, ma’am, what can I help you with?” She was already was reaching for her set of keys to unlock the jackets.

“Our friend is looking for a jacket, so he will be wanting to try on several. How about this one, and the brown one on that rack, and… Buffy? Any others?”

“Yeah, I’m thinking a black biker’s jacket, something that screams masculinity. Oh, and a pair of black pants.” Buffy nodded to the girl as she went to work getting the items together for them.

William tried on jacket after jacket in a multitude of colors. Not one of them felt right; he felt like he was in a costume. Each one had some sort of flaw. Too long, too short, too tight here, too loose there. He didn’t want to disappoint the girls, who seemed so excited to find him the perfect one. “How about I go try on the pants while you two find another jacket for me.”

Cordy handed him the pants. “Ok, we will be over at the dressing room in a minute. I can’t wait to see how hot you look encased in leather.”

William blushed again as he took the pants. Walking over to the dressing area, he was feeling a bit discouraged. He couldn’t understand why he was having such a hard time finding a jacket he liked.

In the dressing room he removed his shoes. Taking off his slacks, he draped them over the back of the chair. Sitting down, he put his first foot in the pant leg and suddenly remembered an episode of the TV show Friends in which Ross had purchased a pair of leather pants and worn them on a date when hilarity ensued. He had gotten overheated and excused himself to the restroom, meaning to remove the pants and cool off. Once his legs had gotten some air, he couldn’t get the pants back on. William started laughing loudly. He could see clearly in his mind Ross sitting on the closed toilet, calling his idiot friend, Joey, for help. Joey had first suggested that Ross try powder to absorb some of the moisture, to help the pants slide up. Ross’s legs were covered in white powder in no time, and still he couldn’t get the pants back up,so Joeywas once more asked to help. His suggestion this time was for Ross to try some lotion. Ross used handfuls of lotion. Not only hadn’t it worked, but apparently the combination of the two products had made a paste. Ross was covered in white goo, pants down, and Joey hung up on him. William was now laughing so hard he could be heard clearly across the store.

Buffy and Cordelia both dropped what they were doing to go see what was so funny. “William? Everything ok in there? What’s so funny? Buffy was giggling at his mirth even as she asked.

William had tears running down his face. He pulled the pants on and opened the door. He had laughed so hard that he had forgotten about his distress about the mall trip, his gay charade, and his disappointment at not finding the perfect jacket. “I was just remembering that hilarious episode of Friends, did you ever see--”

“Oh my God! Ross and the leather pants! That’s one of the funniest episodes!” Cordy laughed with him. “I remember how funny Ross looked, but you, Will, look great. Spin for me will ya?” Cordy and Buffy eyed him up and down, admiring how the leather hugged his naughty bits.

As he spun around, he spotted a long black leather duster on the wall behind the cash register. “Hey, I want to try that one on,” he said pointing at it. The salesgirl was nearby, laughing along with them, and rushed to get it for him.

“I love these pants, Will, but they may attract more attention to you then I feel comfortable with. You look amazing.” Buffy commented.

The salesgirl returned with the coat and handed it to him. “It’s the last one, size large. I can even give you a discount on it, if you are interested.”

Will slipped his arms into the coat and as it slid up on his shoulders, he knew. That was the one. It fit perfectly.

“Wow…” Both girls said in unison.

Buffy immediately told the salesgirl, “We’ll take it.”

Will was thrilled. He knew he could never wear the pants without laughing, but the coat was perfect. He pulled his girls into a hug, kissed them both on the cheeks and said, “Thank you. It’s perfect.”


Chapter End Notes:
Please review, a few words to let me you what you thought about the chapter.