Author's Chapter Notes:
One-Shot, although i guess i could find a way to continue it. But that's only if people want me to. idk.
Frost covered the buildings windows. The class was a little translucent, but Buffy could see the flakes of snow falling outside. She's been watching the ice fall for the past 2 weeks. Time was slipping by. She knew she didn't have long to live. She was diagnosed with leukemia when she hit 30. She just barely above 34 now. Her birthday was 6 weeks ago. It was fun, kinda, if you considered staying in bed all day. But she got to watch movies and spend some time with her sister and friends.

Life was passing by so much these past few years. Dawn graduated from college and got married to one of the students in Italy.

Xander constructed a 5 story building covering quite a bit of land for a slayer school.

When Xander was finished Giles opened it a had a remarkable turnout of girls show up that he didn't have to go find.

Faith and Robin went out and found the 'stubborn slayers that didn't know how do research and find a school to help them' as Faith would kindly put it. Know one wanted to hear what she said about them when they wouldn't except to go to the school. She'd come back pissed that they didn't listen to her.

Willow was helping with the school as well, but she settled down a little. She calmed down her magic quite a bit and went back to using computers. Although she think about going back to magic when the computer crashed on her once. Only to find out that one of the slayers accidentally hit a circuit board with a cross bow. They were out of power for about a week.

Buffy's friends would visit her about once a week when they weren't busy. She was getting closer and closer to falling asleep and never told anyone just how close. She didn't want anyone to be there when she dies. It'd be to hard to see there faces right before she went.

She sighed. This was not how she planned to go. She was hoping she'd get to experience life more, and have more adventure. Maybe get married and have kids. Or just have a boyfriend at the most. Ever since Spike died she couldn't move on, It was too hard for her. Then when she found out she had cancer she told Giles to call Angel and tell him not to let Spike look for her. She didn't know what she would do if Spike came back. But a part of her was still hoping that she could see him once more. Even if it meant crying her eyes out and leaving him behind. So here she was regretting that she didn't move on and find a guy after Sunnydale and before her cancer.

She regretted a lot of things. But the worse thing was letting Spike go and not trying hard to get him back. It was tearing her up inside.

Slowly she closed her eyelids. Know this was probably the last time they'd be open she glanced out the window once more. The scenery captured her. It was peaceful and represented a pleasant life. She didn't know why but she knew everyone would be okay.

Her hands were getting colder and it was harder to move even her fingers.

Her eyes drifted. Slowly the lids got closer to connecting.

She heard a soft rapture on the door. "Buffy?" A young man whispered her name. It seemed familiar, vague, but still familiar. Then she heard it again only a little louder. "Buffy. Hey it's me, Spike."

"Whaa?" She had little voice left. "S-spike?"

"Hey, yeah it's me. I heard what happened. Angel kind of let it slip. I know you don't have much time left. I can hear you heart beating. It's really slow. I don't think there's anything I can do to stop it." Spike watched Buffy. He didn't think she'd respond. She was already pretty out of it when he arrived. He's just grateful her arrived when he did.

"Mhmm. Can you promise me one thing?" Buffy's voice was an audible whisper and if Spike didn't have vampire hearing he wouldn't of picked up on it.

"Yeah anything. I already promised to take care of Dawn a long time ago. I'm not backing out now. Whatever it is, I can handle it." Spike whispered.

"Can you promise to never forget me?"

"What? Of coarse. Buffy how can I forget you? You made me who I am today. You showed me how to love. Helped me become a better man. I wouldn't be here right now if it weren't for you." His eye's glazed over and he tried not to cry, but he couldn't help it. He was watching the woman he loved die.

He took her hand and squeezed. Her hand was so fragile and weak. Spike couldn't see her stomach moving from her breathes.

"I love you, Buffy" There was no doubt about it. He wasn't going to let her die thinking that he meant those last words on the Hellmouth.

"I love you too. Thank you for everything" She took her last ounce of strength to open her eyes and look into Spikes.

He smiled. He leaned in and kissed her on the forehead. As he did that her eyes closed for the final time. He listened to her heart beat one last time before he replied.

"Your welcome"

Spike held her hand a few minutes longer before he decided to get the scooby gang. He took an unneeded breathe and released her hand.Her palm fell limp against her stomach.

Spike got up and walked over to the door. He looked back at her form and knew she was at peace. He turned the light off and closed the door.

A few minuted later Spike was at Willow's classroom door. Slowly he opened it.

Willow and all her classmates looked over at the door when they heard it open.

Spike had tears running down his face when he looked up at Willow. Instantly she knew.

"Class dismissed" she said quietly.

Willow walked over to Spike. "Thank you for telling me."

Spike only nodded. Deep down Spike knew he didn't want to let her go and wished he came back sooner.

Willow hugged Spike and whispered "We'll get though this William."


Chapter End Notes:
So please tell me what you thought of my first story.

Also, when you post a story it says "Roundrobin?" can someone tell me what that is?