Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to SanityFair for beta-reading. (All mistakes that remain are entirely my own fault.) :)

Thanks to everyone who has taken a minute to leave me a review.
I woke up with my head on his chest, thinking it was a dream; I rubbed my cheek against his warm skin.

My movement must have woken him as well, because he tightened the hold of his arms around me and mumbled. “Where ya goin’?”

“You’re still here.” I looked at him in surprise.

He sat up slowly and looked at me. Hurt and confusion marred his handsome face. “Was I supposed to…did you wish for me to leave?”

I felt like an ass. “No. I just…a lot of times—some people like to sleep alone, and so guys go home after—I didn’t mean—” Even my con-man-former-fiancée had disappeared after sex ,and he’d been playing the role of a man in love. Sure, a couple of my exes had stuck around once or twice and tried to get me to make them breakfast, but in general they had made certain to mention an early appointment the next morning and left after a few minutes of post-coital snuggling.

“I did not wish to disturb your sleep. I apologize. I’ll—”

“Whoa.” I grabbed his wrists. I really needed to be more careful and start remembering William was not like the men I was used to seeing. “I only meant I was surprised. Good surprised. It’s sweet and…if you give me a minute to brush my teeth, I’d love to show you just how much I like finding you still in my bed.”

He gave me a small smile and I noticed a blush tinting his cheeks. “Are you certain?”

I nodded. “Definitely.” I leaned close and kissed his cheek. His smile grew as I pulled away and I took in the picture he made sitting on my bed with his curls all rumpled with a big, open smile on his face. He looked soft and pretty and young. None were words I would have previously used to describe an attractive man, but there he was. I walked to the bathroom and quickly took care of a girl’s morning needs. When I came out a few minutes later, my bladder was relieved; I had brushed my teeth and hair and I smelled minty fresh. I frowned when I saw that he’d put his pants on. “Why are you getting dressed?”

His grin told me that he understood my concern this time. He ducked his head. “I needed a visit to the toilet myself.”

“Oh.” I still didn’t really understand why he needed clothes and I felt strange standing there naked since he no longer was. I gestured toward the bathroom and slid on a robe. “There are extra toothbrushes in the basket under the sink if you’d like.” The lady who rented out the cottage had really thought of everything. I promised myself I would remember to write her a nice thank you card. I use my cell phone and my e-mail account far more often than I write letters these days, but I am still a big proponent of thank you cards.

William gave me a grateful smile and closed the door behind him.

Feeling suddenly awkward, I started straightening up the bedroom. I gathered the clothes I’d been wearing the night before, placed them in the laundry bin and made the bed. I was just finishing when William came out.

He walked over and picked up his t-shirt from the chair where I’d placed it.

For the second time that morning, I was struck by how young he looked. That time I realized I didn’t actually know his age. I walked over and took the shirt from him. “How old are you?”

His eyes widened and he shrugged. “Too old to have been a…virgin. If that is what you are wondering.”

“It’s not.” Okay, maybe it was a little. I put the t-shirt back down on the chair and placed my hands on his chest. “I was just thinking, you had a fantastic body for a guy your age then I realized I didn’t know what that age was.”

His eyebrow arched up as he looked at me. “Then you don’t know if it is a good body for my age.”

I laughed. “It is a great body no matter what age you are.”

“Twenty-four, as of last month.”

He looked anxious, and I wondered why he was worried. I brushed away my knee jerk reaction to learning he was younger than I was. Three years isn’t a big deal. I certainly wouldn’t have had any issues with sleeping with a man who was three years older than I was, so I figured I should feel the same way about sleeping with a younger man. I reminded myself I had suspected he was younger. “Yup.” I slid my hands down to rest on his belt. “Definitely a nice body for a twenty-four year old.”

He leaned down and kissed me right below my ear. “I far prefer yours, love. You are…you are a goddess.”

Taking his hand, I giggled and led him over to the bed. “Someone is really happy about having the sex.”

He frowned as he sat down beside me. “You can tease. I am…quite accustomed to that, but don’t think I’m false in my praise. If there is a reason we have such words as exquisite in the English language, it is you.”

My mouth opened and shut twice before my brain gave it words to speak. In the end, I only got out a couple. “William, you are—” I pulled his mouth to mine and kissed him gently before cupping his cheek in my palm. “I’ll try not to tease so much, I didn’t mean—”

He shook his head. “Truly, I don’t mind your teasing. I rather enjoy some of it. I only meant that I know how I seem, I am—”

“Perfect.” I kissed his lips again. “Just perfect.”

He lay down on the bed, pulled me up to lie beside him and traced the opening of my robe. Pushing the fabric to the side slightly, he leaned over and kissed the valley between my breasts. “Really never had a girlfriend before—I don’t want to make a mess of things.”

I was surprised for a moment by his use of the word girlfriend, though I shouldn’t have been. Of course, William would call me his girlfriend; he’d never slept with anyone else. The idea of a vacation fling was completely foreign to him. I knew that was what we were having, things would run their course, and I would probably never see him again after I left the island, but I saw no reason to discourage his gentlemanly and romantic manners. “You won’t.”

He slid a single finger down my chest and stomach until it reached my robe’s belt. He untied it slowly, as though he was half-expecting me to stop him and inhaled loudly as he opened my robe. “I love looking at you—could spend happy hours studying your shape.” His eyes had the same slightly awed look they’d gotten the night before.

“I like it better when you’re touching me.”

He grinned. “That is better.” He placed his hand flat on my stomach and spread his fingers. “You’re all golden. I look like a ghost next to you. Perhaps I’d do best if I gave up the sunscreen.”He laughed. “Of course, I’d probably just freckle. Curse of the British.”

I giggled at both his words and the fact that he was rambling. “You’d probably end up sunburned to a lovely lobster-red hue. Besides, I like you pale.”

“Well, you’re clearly a nutter, but since that appears to be working in my favor, I’m glad.” He brought his hand to my hip and tickled the indent of my waist.

Wiggling away, I gasped and swatted his hand. “If this is some kind of tickle fetish thing, I’m not game.”

He chuckled, grasped my wrists and pinned them down over my head. “Are you sure?”

His maneuver left me stunned and shockingly turned on. Still, tickling didn’t sound like what I was looking for. “Positive.”

Still holding my wrists in one hand, he bent down and kissed my nipple. “How about this?”

“Better. Definitely a better idea.”

He leaned lower, kissed my stomach and traced the outline of my bellybutton with his tongue. “Still acceptable?”

“God, yes.” My hips jerked, and I felt a flood of warm arousal between my thighs.

“This?”

I realized where he was heading as his lips grazed my inner thigh. I whimpered in anticipation.

He released my hands and brushed his fingertips through the curls above my clit. “May I?” His voice was quiet.

Somehow, his asking permission made the whole thing even hotter. I have, on occasion, brushed guys away when they’ve headed south. It’s not that I don’t like it, I mean even an unskilled and generally off path tongue feels pretty nice. I’m just not always sure the potential happy is worth the risk of the potentially mood killing awkwardness that occurs when I have to start giving directions, or tell a guy who is really making an effort, but failing it’s time to move on. I wasn’t without concerns, but I had to agree. He’d just asked too nicely to be denied. I shouldn’t have been worried. I’d already discovered William was some sort of undiscovered sexual prodigy. He is also the only man I’ve ever heard of that managed to place the tip of his tongue spot-on perfect on his first try. Quite honestly, I would have found his claim of inexperience suspicious if he hadn’t looked so stunned when I came a few moments later.

I gave him a sheepish smile and kissed the scratches I’d just made on his shoulders. “Sorry, you’re unusually good at that-I’m not normally so…”

“Bloodthirsty?” He gave me a smug-looking grin.

I figured he’d earned the right to feel plenty impressed with himself, but I kissed away that grin anyway. “Very funny mister, get your pants off and I’ll return the favor.”

His eyes darkened, and I felt him shudder under my fingers. “I have a better idea.”

His idea—more sex, more really fantastic, hot-sweaty-sweet sex. I made a note to myself he had excellent ideas.


Chapter End Notes:
Review. It only takes a minute and makes me happy.