Author's Chapter Notes:
Once again I thank the lovely and talented SanityFair for her beta reading. She has been posting her very first story at EF-it's called The Kiss, and everyone should go check it out. Go! Now! Or maybe right after you read this chapter. ;)

Also, again I will apologize for the long delay in posting. I'm not going to go into all the craziness in my life that causes it or promise that it won't happen again. Here is what I will promise: I will finish all stories posted on this (or any) archive-it may take longer than I would like, but I will not leave any unfinished.

Thank you again for reading. We have some fun coming up in this fic, I hope you all stay along for the ride. :) Oh, and review-lots of reviews totally make me write faster.
Two full days passed before William went home for any longer than it took to collect clean clothes, or the odd food supply.



We collected shells on the beach and he tried to use a guidebook to identify them. He probably could have done it too, but he just looked way too cute squinting back and forth at the shells and the book. I jumped him and later made up false-but Latin-sounding names for our specimens. Feeling delightfully silly, we glued the shells to a piece of cardboard, and William wrote the fake names in artistic script under them. We hung our display in the living room. It looked like a last minute science project put together by a third grader, but I loved it.





The third morning, I made him go home. It’s not that I was tired of his company it’s that I wasn’t. Or maybe it had more to do with him. He didn’t seem at all interested in leaving. He was too comfortable and too perfect. Maybe I didn’t really know why I was making him go home. It doesn’t really matter. I did. I reminded him we both had work to do. After giving him a thorough good morning kiss and a promise to join him for dinner, I sent his slightly pouty self on his way.



Over the next few days we settled into a new pattern. We ate dinner together and he shared updates on his research into Abigail and the Island’s history before I dragged his hot little bod into my bedroom for the night, and when we finally woke up we would head over to the diner for a very late breakfast. After breakfast we’d split up for the afternoon, so we could get some work done.



I was getting work done. My new story was coming along well. I had even returned my agent’s call and reassured her I was alive and not on drugs. One of her other writers must have spiraled downward into a drug induced mania. Because she seemed far too concerned that I was headed there myself. I sent her a rough sample chapter and she seemed to be at least temporarily assured that I was not having acid-induced chats with the tea pot. If I hadn’t already felt so bad for taking off without letting her know and then not returning her calls for two weeks I would probably have given in to one of my more wicked urges and messed with her a bit. I mean, seriously, how fun would it have been to start mentioning names of people who didn’t exist as though she and I both knew them or to tell her that I needed a lawyer to help convince some store owners that I was only shoplifting for research purposes?



It was just past three in the afternoon and a week after the big storm when I heard him pound on my door. I looked up from my computer in surprise and checked the time. It was way too early for dinner. Still, I knew it was William; he has a distinctive knock. I shook my head and smiled at Maggie, who was stretched out on the table next to me. I took two steps towards the door, barely pulling it open, when he pushed in. He didn’t say a word. His hands clutched my shoulders tightly and his mouth slammed down, hot and hard, against mine. My knees quaked instantly.



I gasped slightly in surprise and gave a soft laugh. “William, we’re supposed to be working.”



Ignoring my words, he ran his hands down my back, gripped my hips and pulled me close. I was only a little startled to feel him already fully erect and pressing against my stomach. He kissed me again, all possessive and growly, and pressed me against the wall. When he started to tug up my skirt, I pushed my hands flat against his chest hard enough to make him pause. “William?” The whole super urgent and demanding thing was hot, really hot, but was not a side of him that I’d seen before. I was torn between desire and concern.



His hand clenched around my thigh. “Need this…you. Fuck, I need you, Buffy.”



The hoarse, hungry sound of his voice made me whimper. I clutched at his shirt to keep myself from falling in a puddle of wanton goo at his feet and nodded dazedly.



A second later, he ripped a perfectly good pair of thong underpants in his hurry to pull them off, and I was too turned on to even argue.



I would have argued. I know undergarments get ripped in romance novels all the time. Hell, I’ve even written a couple of torn away panties scenes myself. It sounds great, all rough and eager. But the reality is, good underwear is expensive, and I don’t really find it arousing to have my favorite French lace panties destroyed.



There are apparently, exceptions to every rule. William’s strange caveman mood melted me.



Without another word, he lifted me up so I had to wrap my legs around his waist and hold on. The physics of the thing are still a bit of a mystery to me. I don’t know how he did it. I swear I don’t remember him even unbuckling his belt, but a moment later he was buried to the hilt and moving at a pace that should have been too much too soon, but wasn’t. We both came hard and fast.



We also apparently collapsed to the floor. Again with the blurry. I laughed breathlessly. “Whoa. Not to sound ungrateful or anything, ‘cause…whoa, but what brought that on?”



William didn’t raise his head from the crook of my neck. His hot breath came in quick pants. “My brother…”



Huh? Not the answer I was expecting. I pulled away slightly and cupped his chin so I could see his face. “Yeah, you’re gonna have to give me a little more there.”



He sighed heavily. “They’re here or almost here. Have to see them tomorrow for lunch so they can tell me all the ways I am failing in life…for my own good of course.”



I’d never really heard William sound bitter. He had a dry sense of humor, there was definitely a touch of sarcasm here and there, but I’d never seen him approach dark before that moment. I stared at him wide-eyed and more than a little confused. “Who’s coming?”



“Angel and Drusilla. My father’s children from his first marriage and thus my half-siblings. It would seem they have found me and—”



“Wait. Found you? Are you hiding?” I couldn’t keep the surprise from my voice.



He looked pained. “Not exactly. I am simply…staying out of their way. I call my mother weekly and visit for the holidays, but otherwise I have made an effort to maintain my distance.”



“So you don’t get along then?” I grinned at what I assumed was an understatement.



William frowned. “They mean well, I believe, however; I am never going to become the man they wish me to be, and their attempts to assist me—my career is obviously—but that isn’t the only—” He groaned and fisted his hands. “He just makes me feel so….”



“Frustrated.”



Jaw clenched tightly, he nodded.



I was starting to see the picture. “So you just spoke with your brother, and he got you all pissed off because you have to listen to his shit, so you came over and worked off some of your frustration.”



He looked up at me quickly. His face looked pale. “Oh! Oh Buffy, please I didn’t intend to. If I have insulted you or, or hurt you—” William looked particularly horrified at the idea of hurting me.



I leaned over and gave him a hard kiss. “I’m not complaining, Sweetie. You feel free to work out your frustrations by giving me surprise orgasms as much as you need to.”



“I didn’t hurt you? You’re certain?”



I shrugged while I tried to choose my words. “It was a little rough, but that’s okay sometimes.” I saw his brow furrowing and knew he was focusing too much on the first half of that sentence. “In this case, it was seriously hot.”



“You are certain?”



“Did you miss the part where I was screaming your name? I’m fairly sure that our neighbors heard me.”



“The next closest cottage is nearly half a kilometer from here.”



I nodded and grinned. “You’re right. I probably wasn’t loud enough for them to hear me. We should try again.”


Chapter End Notes:
Reviews please. :)