Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you enjoy....major Spuffyness coming very soon!
Over the next several weeks William courted Buffy ‘right and proper’. They spent every weekend together. They visited all the touristy sights that Boston had to offer. Since William had only been in the states, more specifically Boston, for the past five months he had yet experienced what this culture-rich city had to offer.

On their first Saturday together, they began the day with a romantic picnic on Boston Common, which was the beginning of the Freedom Trail. After they visited the Massachusetts State House, Park Street Church then they ended their day at the Granary Burial Ground. Once they stopped at the cemetery they looked at the headstones of renowned people such as Mother Goose, John Hancock, Paul Revere and Samuel Adams. William was interested and explained to Buffy how the script on the stones was familiar to many of the markers that he saw in the old cemeteries at home.

Then on Sunday, they explored the second leg of the trail. They first visited King’s Chapel and its burial grounds. William told Buffy of the history behind the chapel and how it came to be. They then proceeded to have a twenty minute heated ‘conversation’ on how Buffy believed that the British always tried to throw their ‘weight’ around and how she was proud that the colonists ‘kicked their snobby asses.’ William responded that it took ‘those yanks’ a hundred years to finally get rid of their ‘snobby arses’, starting with the Mayflower and even then they still held a huge foothold in the colonies.

Once their ‘conversation’ and the day came to an end, the pair ended up on Buffy’s couch for several hours, in an attempt to ‘apologize’ to one another with their hands and mouths.

Subsequent Saturdays and Sundays were filled with picnics at the Public Gardens and an extremely romantic ride on the Swan Boats. Then trips to Boston’s Museum of Science and Fine Arts. They then took a ride on the Duck Tours that explored the sights of Boston via the street and in the Charles River.

Unbeknownst to each other, William and Buffy both purposefully avoided any alone time, especially after the make-out fest that transpired the first weekend. In which became quickly and extremely heated and after a major grasp on her self-control, Buffy was able to hand William his shirt and shoes as she pushed him out the door. While she herself was only in her bra and jeans. It became more and more difficult to think of ways to stay in large crowds and not go to either one of their apartments. After several weekends, both parties were about to burst at the sexual seams. No amount of cold showers or lengthy ‘me’ times seemed to work.


FRIDAY NIGHT, GIRL’S NIGHT OUT……….


Buffy chattered with her friends on Girl’s night about the wonderful time she’s spent with William over the past weekends. Buffy talked about the places they’d visited, but never about how the two of them had been together.
“So…..how’s everything really going with short, bleached, and gorgeous?” Anya asked as she nibbled on her nachos.

After her initial blast of information, Buffy became uncharacteristically quiet. She appeared to be too entrenched with the rearrangement of the ice cubes in her drink to hear, or respond to either Anya’s or Willow’s questions.

“Well, Buffy would you be interested to know that Willow and I are planning to turn into succubuses and take on all the men in this entire bar…..Are you game?” Anya bantered.

“Yeah…yeah that sounds good.” Buffy responded distantly as she continued to inspect her drink.

“Anya it’s succubi….” Willow corrected.

“Uhhh?” Anya responded

“The plural form of succubus is succubi and since you were referring to all three of us turning into a sex-crazed demons, you should know what to correctly call us.” Willow explained.

With a wave of her hand, Anya continued.

“Fine…fine…succubus…succubi….it doesn’t matter! She’s not even listening to a word that we are saying…are you Buffy the Spike lay-er?” Anya huffed.

That particular comment brought Buffy out of her own sexually dazed mind. She blinked rapidly then responded.

“Uhhh….what? No…no layage. None at all….that’s the problem! I told him that I wanted to wait….told him ‘let’s get to know each other before we have sex’! Well I was wrong! You know last week I had a daydream during our date. It was about fucking him while we were on the Duck Tours! Right in the middle of the Charles! And I would have too if it wasn’t filled with kids on a school trip!” Buffy declared as her hands were clinched into fists on the table.

“Girl….you’re on the brink!” Anya joked.

“Ya….you think!” Buffy took a large swig of her rum and coke. She captured a large ice cube in her teeth and proceeded to demolish it in three chomps.

“Well…..haven’t you been having a good time enjoying each other….non sexually?” Willow asked.

“I have and it’s been wonderful. We’ve seen the sights of Boston, some that I’ve never been to. We laugh, talk, and just basically take pleasure in being together. But right at this moment all I want to do is just TAKE PLEASURE IN BEING TOGETHER…..NOW!” Buffy pouted loudly.

“When’s the next time you see Spikey?” Anya asked.

“It’s William. The past few weeks I’ve been calling him that, not Spike. Spike reminds me too much of that night…..which then leads to remembering of said night. Which then leads to more sexually frustrating thoughts of major kissing and gropage…. that at this point in time I am not partaking in!” Buffy huffed.

“So fine…when are you seeing WILLIAM next?” Anya asked again.

“Tuesday. William bought us tickets to the Red Sox’s opening day! I have no clue how he got tickets. Never mind where they are…..there the row right behind the Red Sox’s dug out!” Buffy spoke enthusiastically.

“See….just bring up the Soxs and all the thoughts on how you’re not getting any….. all melts away!” Anya acknowledged.

“And…..now it’s back again! I’m so glad that I told him that I was busy this entire weekend and that I would see him on Tuesday.” Buffy huffed as she placed her forehead none to gently on the table.

“What are you doing this weekend?” Willow inquired.

“Absolutely nothing! I just couldn’t be around him another moment without attacking him! I think maybe a few days away will put a damper on my libido.” Buffy rationalized.

“Whatever! (Anya scoffed) Maybe Tuesday will be the night? A little baseball…..brews…..trip down Landsdown Street….all the makings for a ‘GOOOOOD’ night!” Anya enlightened.

“You don’t think it’s too soon?” Buffy questioned her friends.

“The way you’ve been moving around in your seat like a cat in heat, I don’t think it’s soon enough!” Anya joked.

“Mmmmm….maybe….Well, here’s to Tuesday night!” Buffy raised her glass to toast.

“To Tuesday night…..!” Willow and Anya raised their respective glasses in kind.


ACROSS TOWN……..


“Remind me again……..why my ass…..is on this friggin’…….treadmill and not……parked on……a barstool at Willie’s?” Clem voice came across as rough pants as he ran.

On the treadmill besides him, Spike ran at full speed. He was shirtless, as rivers of sweat ran down his heaving chest as he tried to pace his breath with his run.

“I’ve missed sometime at the gym……..due to being with Buffy.” Spike responded slightly less winded

“So…..since when are you…..Mr. Health and Fitness? Last time I heard…..your food groups consisted of……beer, hot wings and cheese covered fries?” Clem panted as he started to slow the speed of the treadmill down so now he was at a brisk speed walk.

“I’ll have you know……those three things cover…..all the four basic food groups!” Spike retorted as he kept his prior pace.

“How the hell do you figure that?” Clem asked.

“Well beer is made of hops and barley…..grain group……..hot wings……covers the meat group……and cheesy chips…..a double bonus……dairy and veggie group!” Spike explained.

“Nice……I never thought of cheesy fries that way! I’ll tell my PCP that when he sees my cholesterol level in the 300’s!” Clem joked as he continued to slow his pace.

“Ta…mate.” Spike grinned.

“Nice move changing subjects……why are we really here? It’s not to burn off sexual tension is it?” Clem laughed loudly.

Spike still kept his brutal pace then Clem saw his jaw tense.

“That’s it!” Clem shouted as he pushed to emergency STOP button on Spike’s treadmill. The tread stopped immediately and Spike had to grab onto the bar to stop from flying off.

“What the bloody ‘ell……are you doin’……you pillock!” Spike yelled.

“That’s why I’m here! On a friggin’ Friday night! You want to burn yourself into the ground to take your mind off your blue balls!” Clem declared.

“You bloody berk! I almost go flying like that Chuck Brown bloke when that Lucy bird pulls the bloody ball, so you can comment about my nads!?!” Spike demanded loudly.

Several women that were on the elliptical machines several feet away, looked at the verbally sparring men, with a confused glance. Clem flashed a small cheesy smile, before they turned and continued their workout. Spike totally ignored them and continued to look at Clem.

“Well….you’re a real arse….you know that!” Spike sneered as he stomped off the treadmill towards the free weights. Clem followed behind Spike to respond.

“What?!? I was just asking? Geez…..I didn’t know that a little observation would get you so pissed! Sorry man.” Clem stated sounding rather defeated as he addressed Spike’s retreating form.

Spike stopped his movement, his shoulders visibly sagged and after a deep sigh he turned and responded.


“Clem….it’s not you mate….it’s me…..I’m the bleedin’ tool. It’s just this whole time that Buffy and I have been together it’s been unbelievable. Despite our conflicting thoughts on the law, we mesh on so many other levels, especially our sexual chemistry. Unfortunately this mad scientist has been barred from his lab…..completely! I’m going bloody insane! There is only so much tossing off one can do before calluses set in and you run out of slots from your spank bank! You know what I’m talking about!” Spike announced with a laugh.

“I do but……hey…..that’s low!” Clem huffed.

“Like I said…..I just need to get my bloody head out of my pants AND out of hers and focus. She said she wanted to wait…..so I’ll wait.” Spike stated with the confidence that he didn’t feel.

“Mmmmhmmm……I bet your rubbin’ one off before the night is over!” Clem scoffed.

“Ohhh….without question!” Spike joked.

“So are you seeing the lovely Buffy this weekend. Maybe your insurmountable power of persuasion can gently change her mind?” Clem suggested with an eyebrow wiggle.

“I doubt it. She will only call me William. She hasn’t called me Spike since that incredible, but short-lived night. Plus she’s busy all weekend…..so it’s just me and my hand tonight.” Spike said defeated.

“When we you see her next?” Clem asked.

“We both took Tuesday and Wednesday off. I’m taking her to opening day.” Spike explained.

“You fuckin’ asshole! Your taking some girl (Spike’s scarred eyebrow shot up and he gave Clem a ‘watch it mate’ look)….ummmm…..your very special lady friend to the most important day to a Bostonian male….well besides the first home game for the Patriots, Bruins and Celtics.” Clem amended.

“She’s a big baseball fan and I thought it would be interesting to see a game.” Spike justified.

“Do I even want to know where the seats are?” Clem asked with his face scrunched.

“We’re sitting behind the home team’s benches…..first row. I was told that they were pretty good seats.” Spike said offhandedly.

Clem’s eyebrows shot up to where his hair line would be….well if he wasn’t bald…..and his eyes bulged from their sockets.

“Besides behind home plate and on the Green Monstah those are the best seats in Fenway!” Clem yelped.

“I would even sleep with you if you bought me tickets for opening day and we were sitting there!” Clem jested.

“Sorry mate…..you’re not my type. But at this rate, your hairy arse may look pretty damn good in two more weeks!” Spike joked back.

“In two more weeks the hole in a donut may look good to you!” Clem laughed.

While still in a fit of laughter, the two men entered into the men’s changing room to shower, grab their belongings, and head off to have a few at Willie’s.


Chapter End Notes:
Thanks Sanityfair in being my beta!!!!