Author's Chapter Notes:
Heres Trial! I hope I do it justice....ha ha like my pun?
For the next ten days, time was measured by legal terms; opening statements, closing arguments, witnesses, cross-examinations, burden of proof, testimonies and final judgment. Each day started and ended in preparations for the trial. Despite their personal lives and feelings, both Buffy and Spike were able to shut down that part of them and push past it. Well….during the waking hours this was true, at night all bets were off.

Spike became overtaken by a horrific case of insomnia. Most of the time, when he arrived home after a fifteen-hour day at work, he would lay in his bed as he stared at the ceiling until his alarm screamed the beginning of a new day. In the past nine days, he was working on twenty hours of sleep…tops. Attorney McDonald started to call him William the Bloody, since he felt that all these long hours spent on this trial meant he was out for blood. Spike just ghosted a smile and went back to his work.

Spike knew that none of these people gave two shits about him, since nobody noticed that he had dropped almost ten pounds, his roots were showing and the increasingly growing dark circles that laid under his flat, unemotional cobalt eyes. The only person that would of noticed was Clem, and Spike’s hours that he spent on preparation, kept him away from his watchful eye.

On the other side of the city, Buffy was faced with her own personal hell. Her mind and heart were constantly at war; her mind told her that this was the best, her heart screamed for Spike and his love. This on-going battle made her mentally exhausted. Since she was always tired, her body begged for sleep.

Which she fought tooth and nail since sleep equaled nightmares. Nightmares that plagued her, which mainly consisted of look on Spike’s face when she told him it were over. Liked a skipping record, she could hear him scream “Get the Fuck Out….NOW!” She would wake up with a start, her tank top clung to her as her body shook with the sweat that was cooling on her skin. Each time the same nightmare, each time the same result. Her only salvation and damnation….this case.

Both Willow and Anya traded off ‘Buffy patrol’. They would stop by work and home to make sure she ate and took care of herself. But when the ring of their voices fell silent in her apartment, the nightmares, both awake and asleep, began.

Once the morning of the sixteenth dawned, both Spike and Buffy sighed in relief. It was like a man on death row on the day of his execution. He would be relieved that the dread and fear that filled his days before his death was over, but the full understanding that this was the end, became a harsh reality. As they each went through their morning routines, the thought of each other and this trial weighed on their minds.

The first to arrive was Spike with Ms. Masters and her family in tow. She was perfectly coiffed with her blonde hair held is a stylish French twist. A burgundy silk blouse was housed under an elegant gray suit jacket with matching gray tailored pants. She had worn minimal make-up and simple accessories of pearl earrings and a strand of pearls around her neck.

Spike was dressed in a tailored black pin-stripped suit, with a black dress shirt and a solid cornflower blue silk tie. He tried to find his red ‘power’ tie, but couldn’t seem to locate it. As he tried to prep the Masters family again on what they should expect during the trial, a petite form moved to his left that immediately caught his eye.

Buffy entered into court with a stomach full of butterflies and dread. The constant phrase of “Be Strong…Be Strong…..Be Strong” played over and over in her mind as she walked down the hall of the courthouse. The air seemed to be sucked out of the room, when she saw Spike, as he stood out front of Judge Snyder’s courtroom as he spoke to his client and most likely her family. Her once poised and confident steps faulted briefly after she took a deep breath and started towards him. When their gazes met, Buffy stopped mid stride as his appearance seemed to have her transfixed.

His complexion was pallid, while his once sculptured cheek bones were now sharply raised as if he had lost some weigh and quickly. As her gaze traveled to his, under his once bright cerulean eyes, laid dark circles that now framed his lifeless steely gray stare. As Buffy tried to question him silently with her eyes, he broke their connection and resumed to address the family in front of him. Buffy silently passed him as she entered into the courtroom, as she fought back the tears that pricked behind her eyes.


Suddenly the door of the courtroom flew open as Spike entered. His eyes scanned the courtroom looking for his true love. There….he sees her. Simultaneously her head turns as she senses that he is close. Buffy leaps up from her seat and runs towards his open arms. They passionately kiss, while their bodies fit together in utter perfection. As there kiss ends, Buffy proclaims her love to Spike and that she never wants to be without him ever again. Spike proclaims ‘never’ as their passion ignites once more, mouths fusing together in a fervent dance. Spike moves from her embrace, falls upon one bent knee, as he tenderly holds her left hand. Words of love and utter devotion are declared as Spike asks for Buffy’s hand in marriage. With tears in her eyes she says ‘Oh William…..’


“William…..William….Attorney Eros…. Are you alright?” Darla asked as she slightly shook his shoulder to jar his response.

“Uhhh? Oh….my sincerest apologies. I was…ummm….going over my opening statements. One can never be too prepared for trial.” William explained to the trio in front of him.

Darla and her step-mom, looked relieved. Her father still held onto his skepticism, but didn’t question any further. With a silent sigh of relief, the bailiff called the case forward. William held the door open for the Masters family to proceed forward. Her parents sat behind the defense’s table, as William opened the half door for Darla to proceed to their seats. William convinced himself to not look over to Buffy and to face slightly to the side so he back was somewhat to her.

“ALL RISE…..HONORABLE JUDGE SNYDER PRESIDING…..”

The courtroom stood in unison as Judge Snyder walked into the room as he stormed towards his bench. The scowl on his face warned Buffy that this was the mood setter for possible the whole trial. ‘Great…..the only thing else that I need is the floor to open up and I fall into the pits of hell.’ Buffy looked down briefly in hopes that maybe this would be the escape that she needed. After several beats she thought….’No such luck.’

“PLEASE BE SEATED……DOCKET ENDING 1139……..STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS versus DARLA MASTERS ONE COUNT OF AGGRAVATED SEXUAL ASSAULT, TWO COUNTS OF ASSAULT AND BATTERY, TWO COUNTS OF RESISTING ARREST AND ONE COUNT OF ASSAULT ON A POLICE OFFICIER.”

The courtroom sat again in unison as the Judge Snyder greeted the jurors and each attorney. Judge Snyder prompted Buffy to begin. Buffy smiled as she faced the jury to present her opening statement (1).

“Ladies and Gentleman of the jury…..this case is about taking responsibility for wrongful actions. In the early hours of February 22nd 2009, the doorman, a one John O’Malley, who was on duty at the complex that Ms. Darla Masters, who is seated at the defense table, owns the penthouse suit, witnessed a young man trying to leave the premises only donned in a leather thong, in attempts to hail a taxi. When Mr. O’Malley stopped him, he noticed that he was severely scratched up, limping with numerous bleeding marks down his back.

We will have testimonial from a weapons expert that will confirm that these marks were caused by a six-foot bullwhip that belong to a one Darla Masters. In addition to these marks, the victim had dried wax that was founded dried in splatters upon his chest, torso and genital area.

The defense will claim that the victim, whom we will refer to as John Doe, and Ms. Masters were engaged in consensual sex, and that she was coerced by the victim to participate in Sadomasochism or S & M. In which they will claim, that she reluctantly agreed to participate in, as she placed eight licks of a whip, where one lash required stitches and all eight will leave permanent scars. Also they will claim that he agreed for her to place melted candle wax upon his body. Candle wax that was generated by a candle with a paper core. Which is the hottest burning candle, which will be confirmed by our expert witness in Chemical kinetics (2).


Ladies and Gentleman of the jury, your duty for the next several days will be tedious at best. The goal of the prosecution is to give you the information that you will need to beyond a reasonable doubt, agree that Ms. Masters have committed these hideous and malicious actions, without the victims consent. Thank you for your time.”



Buffy walked back to her seat as her sights set on the hateful stare of Darla Masters. Buffy almost wanted to stick out her tongue at her and chant ‘na na na na na!’ After she sat, William rose from his seat and stood in front of the jury. With a charming smile and a deep baritone voice he addressed them.



“Good day…..Ladies and Gentleman of the jury……my sister Attorney Summers has painted a picture that depicts my client, Ms. Masters as a violent and soulless monster that derives pleasure from others pain. Attorney Summers, has also portray what happens between two consenting adults, should be open to legal scrutiny if it doesn’t fall with the bounds of what is considered “normal”.

My client Ms. Masters is a twenty-eight year old college graduate that comes from a very affluent Bostonian family, that has ancestral ties that can be dated back to the Mayflower. Yes, Ms. Masters was with the ‘victim’ (William used his fingers to mimic quotation marks) in the early hours of February 22nd, 2009. And yes, what Ms. Masters and the victim participated in may be to some, risqué or even labeled as S & M. Regardless of these two facts, this does not constitute any laws being violated nor the man in this case should be deemed as a victim. We are here today to dispel the labels that some place on others when judgment is being rendered on the activities of two consenting adults. Thank you for your time.”


After William finished, he walked towards his seat. His gaze remained forward as he moved. Once he was situated, Judge Snyder announced that court would be in recess for one hour. Trial would resume at 2 p.m. The bailiff announced for the court to rise, as the judge made his way off the bench and retired to his chambers. Once he disappeared through his chamber’s door, the patrons of the courtroom dispersed.

William sat and quietly spoke with Ms. Masters and her family while the courtroom emptied. Buffy slowly collected her belongings as they continued to speak. After several moments, William moved and with extended arm, his back towards Buffy, as he guided Ms. Masters outside of the small swinging door. The foursome made their way outside of the courtroom.

Buffy finished collecting her things, then exited the courtroom in hopes that she could maybe speak briefly with Spike. Even though now wasn’t the time, she just felt that she should at least say ‘hi’ and ask how’s he doing. ‘How do you think he’s doing?’ her inner voice questioned harshly ‘He looks like he’s been through hell, and has the scars to show for it….all courtesy of Elizabeth Anne Summers!’ her inner voice continued to yell. With a deep sigh, Buffy moved from the hallway in search for a quiet place that she could be alone.

When court reconvened at 2 p.m. Buffy’s first witness, John O’Malley, was called forward. After numerous questions, that dealt with where he works, the time of his shift that night, and if Ms. Darla Masters lives at his place of business, Buffy proceeded to ask him questions in regards to the state that John Doe was in when he had found him. Mr. O’Malley gave a detail account of what his body looked like. There were several objections by William due to Mr. O’Malley giving more an opinion not facts. After some redirection, Buffy felt that Mr. O’Malley did well on the stand as the state’s witness.

Next Mr. O’Malley was cross-examined by William. At first he re-asked several questions in a different manner, in attempts to confuse the witness. Luckily for Buffy, he held true to his story. Then William went for the throat.

He started to ask Mr. O’Malley about his history with alcohol abuse and then he inquired if Mr. O’Malley had partaken in any alcohol that night. Mr. O’Malley admitted that he had a few beers, well before the start of his shift at midnight. After several more questions about what is a ‘few’, Mr. O’ Malley admitted that he had five beers that evening. Buffy tried to object (3) several times to this line of questioning, each shot down by Judge Snyder’s voice growling out “overruled”. (4)

William also brought up that Mr. O’Malley had a tense relationship, at best with Ms. Darla Masters. Based on the fact that Mr. O’Malley was recently on un-paid leave of absence due to the numerous complaints by Ms. Masters. That night was Mr. O’Malley’s first shift back since his suspension.

After William tore apart the state’s witness, Buffy went forward with redirect examination (5). For the jury Buffy had Mr. O’Malley clarify over a time span of eight hours he had five beers and none after eight p.m. She proceeded to have Mr. O’Malley explain to the jury the basis of Ms. Masters’ complaints. Which consisted of Mr. O’Malley wouldn’t stand when she passed the desk after leaving the in-house gym and that he didn’t open the door one day for her when she had two bags of shopping. But this was due to the fact that he was helping a 89 year old woman that has arthritis, that uses a walker, into the elevator. After Buffy was satisfied with his answers, she thanked Mr. O’Malley as he was instructed to exit the witness stand.

Once Mr. O’Malley left the stand, the Judge instructed the jurors to not discuss this case with anyone, even among themselves. Judge Snyder declared that court was adjourned until 9 a.m. tomorrow morning. After that the bailiff instructed the courtroom to rise, as the judge exited the bench. Once the judge retired to his chambers, the courtroom cleared.

Again Spike spoke with Ms. Masters and her family as Buffy collected her belongings. After several moments, Ms. Masters left with her family. Only Buffy and Spike remained. The tension that filled the room felt like she was being suffocated. After several deep breaths she spoke.

“Hi Spike. Good first day uh?” Buffy spoke as she stared at his profile. Several beats later he spoke.

“Buffy…..look….this is really hard……it killed me today, sitting so close to you….yet so far away.” Spike whispered as his saddened gaze met hers.

“Spike….I never meant…..it’s just…..it’s for the best.” Buffy explained quietly.

“Well…..like everything else that you have said in this courtroom, I disagree. Good night…..Buffy.” With that he pulled his leather briefcase from the table and slowly made his way out of the courtroom. Buffy stood there, as she stared at the place that once housed his defeated form. With numerous exaggerated blinks, she pulled from her thoughts, collected her belongings and left the courtroom.



Nine am the following morning, court reconvened for a second day. Buffy brought forward her two expert witnesses. After they testified the prosecution only had the two arresting officers left, since John Doe refused to testify. Despite this, Buffy felt good that these two expert witnesses were really going to make an impact on the jury.

The first witness was weapons expert Wesley Wyndam-Pryce. Mr. Wyndam-Pryce was in his mid-thirties, fairly good-looking well-dressed man. He was also British, which Buffy enjoyed since she could tell the women of the jury were swooning over Spike’s accent.

Buffy first went over his qualifications that made him an expert in the field of weapons. After he listed his degrees, years with the Queens Army, and all his tactical and ballistics training, he proceeded to list the years of experience he had in martial arts. He also told the jury of his training that he has had in instruments used in torture and war.

After Buffy presented the jury with an enlarged picture of John Doe’s back, labeling it prosecutions exhibit A. Buffy proceeded to ask Mr. Wyndam-Pryce what type of instrument of torture was used to create this marks upon this man’s back. This was met with a loud ‘objection’ from Spike and a ‘sustained’ (6) from Judge Snyder. He proceeded to instruct the jury to ignore that question and the stenographer to strike that from the record.

Buffy asked this question again, but instead calling it an ‘instrument of torture’, she just question what type of object would create such marks. He responded that it was a leather whip, he could tell by how the skin welted in such a manner.

He continued to explained that it appeared that the whip was between five to eight feet and that the person was standing approximately six feet away, due to the pattern of the marks and how they were raised. The last part of his explanation was that the person that wielded this had knowledge of the whip and how to use it, with enough force and skill to cause these types of welts. After he finished Buffy brought forward the first piece of evidence.


“Prosecutions exhibit B, a six-foot bullwhip that was found at the Ms. Darla Masters home at the time of her arrest. Buffy stated as she held up a coiled whip in a clear plastic evidence bag as she showed the court, then gave it to the witness.

“Mr. Wyndam-Pryce……does this whip look like it could cause those (as she pointed to the picture) marks?”

He asked ‘may I’, as he referred to opening the bag. Buffy instructed him to do so. He removed the whip from the bag and uncoiled it. Mr. Wyndam-Pryce inspected the whip before he told the court ‘yes’. Buffy then asked the bailiff to bring forward the fabric dummy that she had set up for demonstration. As the bailiff moved the dummy into the courtroom, William announced

“Your honor….I object!” William announced

“On what grounds Attorney Eros?” Judge Snyder asked.

“On the grounds that this man is an expert with his tools of the trade. I am assured that he can make any marks that he chooses. Plus this is a fabric dummy with a latex back, this in no way shape or form, simulates human flesh. This demonstration will be a waste of the courts time.” William explained. Judge Snyder sat quietly for several minutes and then rendered his decision.

“Overruled….Attorney Summers, proceed.” With a large smile, Buffy called forward Mr. Wyndam-Pryce. She had set up a mark on the floor to show six feet away from the dummy. He proceeded to place eight lashes upon the dummy’s back as the jury stared in amazement. Once he was though, Buffy thanked him, and he returned to his seat. She asked one more question before she let Spike cross-examine him.


“So it’s safe to say Mr. Wyndam-Pryce that a novice or a first time user wouldn’t be able to handle a whip in such fashion that would cause those injuries?”

“No, a six-footed like that….no. They would have to be skilled to even wield it, never mind hit their mark with the intensity to cause those welts.”

“Thank you Mr. Wyndam-Pryce….nothing further.” Buffy headed back to her table as William proceeded forward.

William started to ask routine questions about where in England that he was born and how long has it been since he had moved to the U.S. Spike was trying to give him a sense of comradery before he started to hit him with the real questions.

William first asked about his knowledge of whips. He answered that he had extensive knowledge that spanned five years. William then questioned where he learned to use a whip such as this and how does he know what type of welts that a whip would leave on human flesh.

The witness answered honestly and explained that he had studied films and endless amounts of literature about the damage that whips can leave on one’s body. He also stated that he had gone to several S & M clubs in the United States and Europe that catered to people who enjoyed using a whip and those that enjoyed the whip being used on them.

William tried to get him to admit that he himself was into S & M and that is the first hand knowledge that he had. Mr. Wyndam-Pryce stayed calm and denied this and stated that his interest at these clubs were purely educational. After William stated that he had nothing further from him, he was dismissed. When Buffy looked over to Ms. Masters, her face was flushed and it looked like she had an orgasm right here in court from that demonstration.



The next expert witness that was called was the Dr. Winifred Burkle, Chemical kinetics specialist from Harvard University. Winifred, or Fred which she insisted to be called, was a slender, Texan woman who, despite her many years in Boston, still held on to her southern draw. She was sweet and gave off the air of a slightly uncomfortable intelligent woman that usually scared people away with her intellect.

Buffy, as with the previous witness, went over her qualifications and the like. Then she proceeded to have her describe her field of expertise. Her eyes lit up as she explained at length what exactly chemical kinetics was and how important it is in our everyday life.

Numerous times Buffy needed to redirect her on trying to use lemans terms to explain her field. On several occasions, Buffy would re-explain what she had said, in a form of a question, so she didn’t loose the jury with all the scientific terms. Buffy proceeded to have Fred explain the different temperatures of the core of a burning candle. Fred explained that it would depend on what the core was made of. Buffy then asked about a paper-cored candle. She explained that they burned the hottest and gave the temperatures. She also gave the difference in degrees, between a standard candle and a candle with a paper core.


“A candle can burn between 1,100 Celsius (majority), where hot spots may be anywhere from 1300-1400 Celsius. That’s a typical soy or wax candle. A candle with a paper core burns the hottest, at 2550 deg F. which is 1400 Celsius.” Fred explained with a bright smile on her face. Buffy stepped away from her and went to the prosecutions table and held up another clear plastic evidence bag.

“Prosecutions exhibit C, a candle that was found at Ms. Darla Masters home.”

“Objection your honor. Most people have numerous candles in their homes. The prosecution could of taken a candle from my client’s home and claimed that it was the one that caused the burns on John Doe’s body.” William objected.

“Your honor, this is the only candle that was found in the area of the attack on John Doe. This candle was found placed next to the bullwhip, which was submitted as prosecutions exhibit A.” Buffy explained

“Objection overruled. Attorney Summers continue.” Judge Snyder stated.

“Ms. Burkle….I mean Fred….you had a chance to exam this candle, under the watchful eye of the court, prior to trial, am I correct?”

“Yes”

“Now could you tell the court what type of core does this particular candle have?”

“A paper core.”

“Which you have stated before, burns the hottest, am I correct?”

“Yes”

“Prosecutions exhibit D, E and F, pictures of John Doe’s burns that he had sustained. Let the record show that prior to John Doe having his burns attended to, there was a white waxy substance that was located here on exhibit D, his chest. Exhibit E, his torso and exhibit F his genitals. Fred, does this appear to be, in your professional opinion to be candle wax?”

“Your honor…..Ms. Burkle is an expert in Chemical kinetics, not the art of candle making.” William rebuttal brought a slight chuckle from the jury. After a few gavel bangs, Judge Snyder responded

“Ms. Burkle…..have you ever burned a candle before during your experiments in your lab….or even at home?”

“Yes your honor….I’ve certainly have.” Fred answered with a heavy southern draw.

“And does that substance appear to you to be candle wax?”

“Yes your honor….it certainly does.”

“Fine…..now that is resolved….Attorney Summers, proceed.”

“Thank you your honor. The prosecution like to present exhibits G, H and I. These are the photos that were taken after the wax was removed from John Doe’s body. Do these appear to be burns that were created by melted wax from a candle, more specifically a candle with a paper-core?” Buffy asked.

A few quick intakes of breaths were heard throughout the courtroom, especially when Buffy showed the picture of the angry reddened burns that cover his genitals.

“Yes…. These burns, in my professional opinion, were created by a candle that had a paper-core. As you can see the skin is blistered and puckered, which appeared to happen immediately, which indicates that the temperature would have to be on the higher end to cause that type of reaction.”

“Thank you Fred.” Buffy stated as she walked back to the prosecution’s table. Judge Snyder called out for cross-examination as William stepped forward.

He proceeded to ask her questions about her field of expertise and how she became interested in this field. William then questioned her position that this was indeed burns that were caused by a paper-core candle.

He also questioned how extensive her expertise was in with candles, their fire points (7) and the damage that the wax from a candle that was applied to human flesh would cause. Fred wasn’t as quick witted or confident as Mr. Wyndam-Pryce on the stand. But overall she held her own. When William was finished, Buffy waved her right to re-direct examination and she then was excused from the stand.

After Fred left the stand, the Judge announced an hour recess for lunch. He instructed the jury again to not talk to one other or anyone else about this case. He announced that court would reconvene in an hour. With that the bailiff announced his departure. After he exited, the courtroom did the same. Spike left with his client and Buffy found another quiet place to be alone.

After the hours recess, court reconvened. Upon bailiff calling Buffy’s next witness, Officer Riley Finn, her paralegal leaned over the wooden barrier to whisper in her ear. Buffy stood up, apologized to the court and to Judge Snyder and asked if she could have a ten-minute recess.

Judge Snyder stated with an annoyed tone, that they had just come back from lunch and asked why hadn’t she taken care of this then. Buffy explained that this was an issue that had only come to light at this moment. Begrudgingly, he agreed and once he left the room, Buffy ran to the hallway to tend to this new lead.

After the ten-minute recess, court resumed. Buffy stood as she addressed Judge Snyder.

“Your honor, I would like to withdraw my request for Officer Riley Finn to take the witness stand at this moment, but I would like to call him at a later time. At this time I would like to call Angelus to take the stand.” Buffy announced.

Ms. Masters’ eyes bulged out of her head as she heard this name called. She quickly tugged on William’s arm to get his attention, as he quickly flipped through his witness list to locate this ‘Angelus’. Before he objected he thought ‘Who does he bloody think he is….. Madonna?” William joked to himself, before he stood

“Your honor…..Mr. Angelus is not on my list of witnesses that was presented during pre-trial conference.” William loudly objected.

“Nor is he on mine…..Attorney Summers care to explain?” Judge Snyder sneered

“Your honor this witness has just come to light less than twenty-four hours ago. I was only informed of him late last night…..well past business hours. This was why Attorney Eros did not receive notice.” Buffy explained as her eyes stayed on the judge. She could feel Spike’s angered gaze burn into her as she spoke. Spike turned his body to face her as he spoke

“You could of bloody well called me, anytime you know this!” Spike growled. Buffy continued keep her eyes fixated on Judge Snyder, even though she wanted to face him and tell him she’s sorry.

“Enough Attorney Eros….let’s not make this personal.” Judge Snyder instructed. Silently in unison they thought ‘It’s always been personal’.

“Attorney Summers….is this witness pertinent to the state’s case?”

“Yes….yes your honor. This witness is extremely relevant to the state’s case.” Buffy confirmed

“Fine….fine. Attorney Summers, I will allow this witness. But heed my one-time warning, we are not on a fishing expedition and you are to keep the scope of your questioning within minuscule perimeters. Are we clear?” Judge Snyder asked

“Crystal clear your honor….thank you.” Buffy responded

“Bailiff……call the next witness.” Judge Snyder ordered. The bailiff in the front of the court announced Angelus to the stand, while the other bailiff, opened the door to let him enter the courtroom.











(1) An opening statement is generally the first occasion that the trier of fact (jury or judge) has to hear from a lawyer in a trial, aside possibly from questioning during voir dire. The opening statement is generally constructed to serve as a "road map" for the fact-finder



(2) Chemical kinetics, also known as reaction kinetics, is the study of rates of chemical processes. Chemical kinetics includes investigations of how different experimental conditions can influence the speed of a chemical reaction and yield information about the reaction's mechanism and transition states, as well as the construction of mathematical models that can describe the characteristics of a chemical reaction.

(3) objection is a formal protest raised in court during a trial to disallow a witness's testimony or other evidence which would be in violation of the rules of the court. An objection is typically raised after the opposing party asks a question of the witness, but before the witness can answer, or when the opposing party is about to enter something into evidence. The judge then makes a ruling on whether the objection is

(4) overruled the judge disagrees with the objection and allows the question, testimony, or evidence.

(5) Redirect examination is the trial process by which the party who offered the witness has a chance to explain or otherwise qualify any damaging or accusing testimony brought out by the opponent during cross-examination. Redirect examination may question only those areas brought out on cross-examination and may not stray beyond that boundary.
(6) Sustain - when the Court allows an objection to testimony or evidence.
(7) The fire point of a fuel is the temperature at which it will continue to burn after ignition for at least 5 seconds


Chapter End Notes:
Please please please give me reviews....let me know what you think....good, bad or otherwise!