Author's Chapter Notes:
Well, ladies and gents, this is the end. I appreciate all those that have enjoyed my story. I would especially like to give a big thanks to cordykitten, photographynut, PamS, Buffyrat, laemda, and demona424 for their continued reviews. Good, bad or otherwise they kept me going. Also a special thanks to Sanityfair for all her support and being my beta! Thanks sweetie...big hugs and kisses!
The beautiful melody of Chopin’s Nocturne in E flat major Opus 9, No. 2 softly played as Buffy studied her reflection in the full length mirror. The touching notes of the piano causing her to reflect on the past two years. Their lives were drastically changed after the exquisite, life-altering moments shared that night; it felt as if they were both reborn. All that came before those moments were shadows and empty shells of what had transpired since.

When she and Spike had left the sanctuary of his condo two days later, it was as if she was seeing things in living color for the first time. Buffy felt as if she’d been in a deprivation chamber until then, like she was in total darkness. Now every experience was brand new. All her senses were alive.

Over next several months they explored their new life together. They learned each other in the way lovers were meant to. Words could not describe how they felt for one another. ‘I love you’ seemed so small, so obsolete. During early fall Spike needed to return to London on business. Buffy wasn’t aware of what type of business it was, not even when they were greeted at Heathrow Airport by a limo and whisked away like royalty.

Spike took Buffy to a breathtaking flat in Mayfair, a small village in London where he grew up. As she stood in the garden his mother had planted when he was a child, a large grin shone her features as she pictured Spike, well then William, as a boy running through the acre of land that surrounded the home causing mischief. She pictured a child with wavy, sandy blonde hair, round cherub cheeks, and a bright, cerulean youthful gaze taking the entire world in. She pictured him running through the grass barefoot, catching frogs in their small pond and playing cops and robbers with other neighborhood boys.

Buffy’s body tingled like it did that day. Spike had slipped his arms around her, as he nuzzled the small stretch of exposed skin at the base of her neck. As she closed her eyes he told her that he needed to discuss something very important with her. Buffy had been slightly worried, but she trusted that he wasn’t going to hurt her in any way.

Buffy remembered how worried he appeared to be when he started to talk. After she slipped her hand in his, his apprehension melted away. Spike told her that he came from a long line of barristers, going back hundreds of years. He explained that his family had owned their own firm for almost as long. Prior to coming to Boston, Spike was the owner and head council of his family’s firm, Eros and Eros.

Despite his he and his father being only children, his ancestral families were quite extensive. Sons, cousins, fathers and uncles, all ran the firm side by side. When he grandfather died, he left the firm to his only living relatives, Spike and his father. They were the only males left to carry on the Eros name.

Spike explained further about his family, how when his father passed, the entire firm became his. He stayed and ran it for several years, but wanted to leave London, since he felt that there was nothing left here for him. Buffy also found out that Spike was extremely wealthy, like Massachusetts Royalty, the Kennedy’s, wealthy. The only reason why he worked for Wolfram and Hart was to get a better understanding of the U.S. legal system.

Spike informed Buffy that he now wanted to start his own firm in Boston, and wanted her to be his partner, in every way.

Under the rowan tree (1) his mother planted the year he was born, William proposed to her. As he lowered himself to one knee, held her shaky hand is his equally unsteady one. His deep baritone voice filled her mind, his intense gaze never left hers.

“Elizabeth, my life was incomplete until you entered my world. You are my equal in every way. With all that I am and all that I will ever be, I will always love and cherish you. Will you do the honor of becoming my wife?” Spike asked as he slowly pulled an exquisite platinum two-carat diamond solitaire from his pocket. The tears of joy that hovered on Buffy’s lower lids, spilled forward and traveled down her flushed cheeks.

Spike slowly slipped the luminous ring upon her finger. Before it was firmly seated past her knuckle, she leapt from her seat, wrapped her arms around him and with a barrage of kisses and ‘Yes! Yes!’ she gave him her answer.

After hours of passionate lovemaking, the lovers spoke of their future. They wanted to get married on St. Patrick’s Day, a monumental day in their relationship. Unfortunately, the next year was too close and it would be almost another six years before St. Patrick’s Day fell on a weekend, way too long to wait. The couple decided that since the day that Spike had proposed was very special to him, his mum’s birthday. Their wedding day would also be a special date, her mother’s birthday, June 19th.

“Buffy, are you almost ready?” Willow’s voice broke through her memories, as she remained lost in thought.

“Yes, I’m ready.” Buffy spoke as a beautiful smile graced her full lips, looking at Willow in the glass as she responded.

Glancing at her reflection once more, Willow started to straighten the small train that fell behind her Empire style-wedding gown. The dress was simple but eloquent seashell white with iridescent appliqués that adorned the bust of the dress. Buffy’s hair was in a simple chignon that was collected at the base of her neck. A large single lavender peony was placed on the right side of the chignon. Upon her ears a simple pair of diamond studs.

Her four bridesmaids, Anya, Willow, Tara and Dawn, all wore lavender dresses. Each wore a different style they had chosen on their own. Spike only had one best man, Clem, and one usher, Xander. So each man had two women to escort down the aisle, neither complained. The men wore morning suits, since her wedding was at 11 am. The wedding was being held at Cranwell Resort, the site of Xander and Anya’s nuptials and also where Spike and Buffy had their first dance.


“Pumpkin, are you reading to come out?” Hank asked as he peered into the bride’s changing room.

“Yeah dad, I’m ready. Let’s get me married!” Buffy announced. The other three bridesmaids entered and helped her get her flowers and resituate her train. Buffy’s flowers were mixture of purplish hues of orchids, sweet peas, roses and peonies. The ladies carried the same bouquet just smaller.

Buffy took her father’s arm as she stood before the closed doors. Behind them was her future. First, Xander walked Dawn and Tara down the aisle. Next, Clem took both Anya and Willow. After the trio was half way down, the wedding march sounded for her grand entrance.

In unity she heard the room of less than fifty guests stand to watch the bride enter the room. Hushed ‘oooh’s and ahhs’ filled the room as she and her father walked down the aisle toward her new life, her mate, her everything, William.
He looked gorgeous in his morning suit, the charcoal gray of the jacket brought out the blueness of his eyes, and the expression held in his intense gaze was of sheer love and awe.

Her father placed a chaste kiss to her cheek as Spike walked forward to collect her from him. Arm in arm they moved close to the Justice of the Peace. Buffy could feel the slight tremble of his arm. Buffy squeezed lightly to reassure him, with this gesture he seemed to calm. Anya gently took Buffy’s bouquet away before the Justice of the Peace spoke.

As he addressed the small gathering, Buffy and Spike remained arm in arm. When it was time for the vows, Buffy and Spike turned to one another. The couple took hold of each other’s hands as they prepared to say the vows that each had written Buffy went first.

“My dearest William, today I marry my soul mate. The only man that knows and loves me for all that I am, without reservation. The only man that is my equal in every way. The one that challenges me to be a better person for those in my life and more importantly, for myself. The only man that could ever make me laugh.” With the last sentence Spike raised his scarred eyebrow, as he, Willow, Anya and Buffy all tried to suppress a giggle. “Most importantly, the first man that showed me how to trust and love myself and others fully. Today I give you my heart and soul. I love you.” As Buffy tried to keep her tears at bay, Spike spoke.

“Elizabeth, there were so many things I wanted to say, but they all just came out wrong. So I decided that with this song, I would be able to tell you how much you mean to me.” With that soft music started to flow into the room, from a gentleman that held a acoustic guitar that was seated behind Buffy. Spike held her hands and gaze firm, as he started to sing.

“You're my world
The shelter from the rain
You're the pills
That take away my pain
You're the light
That helps me find my way
You're the words
When I have nothing to say

And in this world
Where nothing else is true
Here I am
Still tangled up in you
I'm still tangled up in you
Still tangled up in you

You're the fire
That warms me when I'm cold
You're the hand
I have to hold as I grow old
You're the shore
When I am lost at sea
You're the only thing
That I like about me

And in this world
Where nothing else is true
Here I am
Still tangled up in you
I'm still tangled up in you

How long has it been
Since this storyline began
And I hope it never ends
And goes like this forever

In this world
Where nothing else is true
Here I am
Still tangled up in you
Tangled up in you
I'm still tangled up in you
Still tangled up in you” (2)



As the song ended, the room was in silence with the exception of several women sniffling. Even all her bridesmaids were gently wiping away fallen tears.


The Justice of the Peace gave everyone a brief moment before he spoke.

”Do you William take Elizabeth to be your wife – in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon her your heart’s deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her as long as you both shall live?”


”I will” Spike declared.


”Do you Elizabeth take William to be your husband –in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon him your heart’s deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him as long as you both shall live?”


”I will” Buffy announced.


The Justice of the Peace looked towards Clem as he spoke.

”What token of your love do you offer? Would you place the rings in my hand?” As he held them he stated.

”May these rings be blessed as the symbol of this affectionate unity. These two lives are now joined in one unbroken circle, may they grow in understanding and compassion. May the home which they establish together, be such a place that many will find there a friend. May these rings on their fingers symbolize spirit of love in their hearts.”


The Justice of the Peace handed Spike Buffy’s ring as he spoke

William, in placing this ring on Elizabeth’s finger, repeat after me: Elizabeth, you are now consecrated to me as my wife from this day forward and I give you this ring as the pledge of my love and as the symbol of our unity and with this ring, I thee wed.

After Spike repeated these words the Justice of the Peace handed Buffy the ring for Spike as he instructed her.

”Elizabeth, in placing this ring on William’s finger, repeat after me: William, you are now consecrate to me as my husband from this day forward and I give you this ring as the pledge of my love and as the symbol of our unity and with this ring, I thee wed.

Buffy repeated these words that were told to her, as her loving gaze never left his. After the ring was placed on Spike’s finger, the Justice of Peace addressed all those that were present.

”May you always share with each other the gifts of love – be one in heart and in mind – may you always create a home together that puts in your hearts – love – generosity and kindness.”

”In as much as William and Elizabeth have consented together in marriage before this company of friends and family and have pledged their faith – and declared their unity by giving and receiving a ring – are now joined.”

”You have pronounced yourselves husband and wife but remember to always be each other’s best friend.”

“And so, by the power vested in me by the State of Massachusetts, I now pronounce you man and wife – and may your days be good and long upon the earth.”

”You may now kiss the bride.”

With that, Spike tenderly pulled Buffy into his arms as he kissed her with all the love and passion that he felt deep in his heart and soul. When they slowly pulled apart, a thunderous applause filled the room.

The Justice of the Peace announced, “Please all welcome Mr. and Mrs. William Eros.”

As the newly married couple walked on airs down the aisle, they both possessed a smile and joy all could feel.


After an hour of countless pictures of the wedding party, they were finally announced to their family and friends. With music and deafening clapping and whistles, each entered the room. Each member took his or her positions at the head table. Once they were all settled, Clem stood to toast to the new couple.

“I have known Spike or William to some of you, for a few years, over that time we have grow close. I don’t consider him my friend, but one of my brothers. I thank both of you Buffy and Spike, in showing me that true love does conquer all.” With a raise of his glass towards the couple, he toasted them. After he was done, Clem sat as Anya and Willow stood to give their toasts.

“Anya and I have known Buffy for over ten years. In that time we have seen her grow from a starry eyed twenty-one year old to a cultured woman. She has been one of the most loving, caring, understanding person, when it came to those outside her heart. She fought for the rights of the underprivileged and wronged. Once she met Spike, her life changed tremendously. Now all she gave strangers, she gives to those close to her, including herself. For the first time we saw a woman who showed the world herself, her true self. Thank you Spike, for giving us Buffy.” Willow stated as she gently swiped the tears that flowed from her eyes.

Anya held her glass up, as she encouraged the room to follow. Once the flutes of champagne was raised, Anya announced.

“To William and Elizabeth.”

"TO WILLIAM AND ELIZABETH!” In unison the room filled with family and friends cheers.












(1) The European rowan (S. aucuparia) has a long tradition in European mythology and folklore. It was thought to be a magical tree and protection against malevolent beings. It was said in England that this was the tree on which the Devil hanged his mother. the density of the rowan wood makes it very usable for walking sticks and magician's staves. This is why druid staffs, for example, have traditionally been made out of rowan wood, and its branches were often used in dowsing rods and magic wands[citation needed]. Rowan was carried on vessels to avoid storms, kept in houses to guard against lightning, and even planted on graves to keep the deceased from haunting. It was also used to protect one from witches.[

(2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22hvEdaPSMs Tangled up in you Staind. Please listen to it, it’s beautiful


Chapter End Notes:
To all the readers:
When an author takes the time to share his or her work they're not doing it for any personal gain other than the pleasure of having people read and enjoy their work. Therefore, I feel it's important to always leave a remark after you've read a story. I'm told it not only boosts their self-esteem but feeds their muse as well. On another note, consider this; if there were no authors sharing there work our fandom would die and we would be left with nothing. I urge anyone who reads a story to take the time and leave a review. It can something as small as, "great chapter" or "thanks for sharing" or ,if you feel compelled an entire paragraph on your likes and dislikes. My guess is the author wants to know, whether it's praise or concrit. This is just my humble opinion. Thank you,




Sanityfair