Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much for reading and reviewing! my inner muse loves this!
“Just do it...just pick up the bleedin’ phone and call her, ya bloody ponce,” William berated himself for the thousandth time in the past hour. He has been seated in front of his desk phone, trying to work up enough courage to call his fiery beauty. " 'His’… I love the sound of that,"William inwardly sighed.

He tried to time the call just perfectly. He waited for the next day and until midmorning to call. He didn’t want to seem over zealous by calling immediately. He tried to reign in his impatience and has done a pretty good job thus far. Despite how desperately he wanted to call her, as soon as he returned to his office from court. After their short, but bitter sweet interaction.

"Well...that’s not exactly true," his inner voice amended. "You wanted to follow her out the exit, sweep her up into your arms...all Gone with the Wind like style, kiss her passionately, then carry her off into the sunset."

William’s other; more pessimistic voice put in its two cents. "That so wouldn’t work because one...she probably mace you the instant you grabbed her. Two...slap you silly for kissing her. Three...it was only two in the afternoon, no romantic sunsets."

“Bugger...one could wish couldn’t they,” William sighed out loud.

William glared again at the object of his frustration. He grabbed the receiver and quickly punched the numbers on the phones base, to connect him to the DA’s office. Since this has been his at least fiftieth time he called this number, he had it memorized. The other line didn’t complete one ring before he hung up again with a slam of the receiver.

“Damn it! I can do this. It’s not like I’m some pimply-faced whelp that has a crush on some girl. Well not a girl...a woman...no...a magnificent creature that would be any man’s last dying wish to possess, but if for one moment before he passes to the great beyond,” William declared to his empty office

“I’m such a ponce. Who the bloodin’ ell do I think I am? William Shakespeare or some such?” When William realized how ridiculous and somewhat nutters he sounded, he quickly stopped talking out loud. "If someone heard me right now I would be immediately sectioned to the nut house!" William scoffed loudly, as he started to run his hands through his now slightly curled hair. Which was now freed from its gelled prison. This was due to his repetitive nervous pulls and ruffling in the last hour.

William thought back to his conversation with Clem last night, as they sat in his apartment eating pizza and wings. While they watched Sports Center.





“So you finally had the balls to talk to her?” Clem asked soon after Spike’s half and hour commentary about his afternoon at court. More specifically his brief conversation with Buffy.

“Ya, you prick! Haven’t you been listening to me prattling on for the last half an hour?” Spike snapped.

“The question was more rhetorical you ass!” Clem snapped back.

“So...what should I do?” Spike questioned.

“Besides ask her out? Like I said, be a gentleman. Let her know that you’re not always such a dick,” Clem stated with a chuckle.

“Thanks mate,” Spike huffed as he threw his pizza crust towards Clem.

“What else do you want me to say? Just be sensitive to her and her needs. Don’t try to bullshit her. Cuz being a lawyer, and more specifically a woman, she’ll see it from a mile away. Let her know that she’s not just a piece of ass to you,” Clem instructed.

“It’s going to be tuff (Clem responded with a quirk of his eyebrow)...oh...don’t mistake me, she definitely not just another shag. When I’m in her presence, or even just thinking of her, all my blood rushes and doesn’t exactly go to my brain. Bollocks...there it goes again!” Spike sulked.

“Whoa! Dude! TMI! Just point it somewhere else!” Clem hollered.

“Don’t worry. All I have to do is look at your ugly arse mug, and my willie quickly retreats like a turtle into its shell!” Spike laughed.

“Now that’s just plain cruel! (Clem placed a hand over his heart to mock being hurt) That may have hurt my feelings. Well, if I gave a shit. Which I don’t...so...” Clem joked back.

“All right, since your blonde. Well bottled, but regardless, let’s review. Call her. Ask her out. Play the gentleman and no matter what...DO NOT sleep with her. Even it she wants it. First date sex is usually the kiss of death to the beginning of most relationships that had any possibility to be a long-term one,” Clem instructed.

“Right...(Spike’s scarred eyebrow raised as a thought hit him)Well, how about if she begs for it? Like on her knees, with her gorgeous green eyes starring up at me and her pouty mouth opened...”Spike started to ask as a lusty faraway look appeared into his eyes.

“NO! NO! And NO! This is not some Playboy fantasy forum dream! This is reality!Well my reality, so it’s not going to happen! If it does...I...I...I quit! That’s it! I will no longer be your friend! Cuz, you suck and I’m no longer living vicariously through your dick!” Clem announced in jest.

“Fine. I’ll be a gentleman and abstain. Maybe, I’ll have to follow that suggestion made by that bloke from ‘Something about Mary’ You know. That one about not going out with a ‘loaded gun’? No baby batter on the brain or some such,” Spike stated.

“Again, TMI! I don’t need any images about your spankage! Thanks, but no thanks!” Clem barked.

“Right. Got it. So, I’ll call her tomorrow,” Spike declared.





William was broken out of his thoughts with a newfound determination. He swiftly picked up the receiver and his fingers blazed over the keypad while he entered the numbers to Buffy’s office.


“Good Morning……District Attorney’s Office, this is Amanda. May I help you?” A sweet voice echoed from the receiver and brought William’s mind to a halt from anticipation to now actually doing.

“Ummm…..Ahhhh….Yes. This is the District Attorney’s Office correct?” William shakily asked.

“Yes sir. May I help you?” Amanda asked again.

“Ummm…Yes….This is Attorney Eros. May I converse with Assistant District Attorney Summers please?” William asked a little more bravely.

“Yes, Attorney Eros. One moment please, I will see if she is available.” With that she put William on hold. William tried to stay calm as he waited.

When he recognized the classical music, that was filling the usual empty space that one was held in as they waited the line, he started to relax. Chopin’s Nocturne in E flat major Op 9 No 2. His favorite classical piece. Once the soothing music filled his head, William closed his eyes as relaxation started to permeate his once tense body and mind.

As the music began to slow and become soft, which announced the end of the piece, the phone click twice and a voice that was more beguiling than the music rang forward.

“William, hi. Nice for you to call,” Buffy softly spoke.

William eyes fluttered as he heard her voice. "I can do this," William thought to himself, and then he spoke.

“Ms. Summers, I am so delighted that I was able to reach you,” William spoke equally softly.


“Should I be apprehensive about this call?” Buffy asked, her voice was slightly stronger than at first.

“No. Well, I hoped not,” William responded.

“It’s just that you called me Ms. Summers, that’s more formal than I hoped…..I….I… mean….” Buffy tried to explain.

“No, I phoned merely for a personal reasons, not professional. Well, unless that is unwarranted and not welcomed then...and secondly I used your name formally out of respect nothing more,” William clarified

“By all means, like I indicated before, I prefer Buffy,” Buffy assured him.

“Buffy...(William whispered) After our brief but extremely pleasant conversation yesterday I have been pondering something that I wanted to pose to you,” William paused in order to collect himself.

“Yes, William?” Buffy queried.

“Buffy it would be my greatest pleasure if you would join me for dinner. Possibly Friday night, say 7ish?” William asked with baited breath. He swallowed hard as he awaited her answer. It seemed like forever from when the words left his mouth and for her to respond.

“I would love to William but…..” Buffy elucidated.

“No. No need to explain Buffy. I understand if I’ve overstepped my bounds……” William responded calmly, when he felt anything but.

“William, before you interrupted, I was going to tell you that I would love to have dinner with you. Its just Friday night is designated girl’s night out. If you would like to go out Saturday night, I would love to,” Buffy replied

“So I’m not worthy enough to cancel a night with your mates?” William, more Spike-like, blurted out before he was able to rein in the snarky remark.

"Bollocks! She’s going to tell you to piss off now mate! Go going! You arse!" William berated himself.

Buffy was slightly taken back by this remark. He had been such a gentleman during the conversation she was afraid that the date was going to be a yawnfest.

"There’s the spark that I’ve grown to admire and desire," Buffy thought with a stifled chuckle.

“Well, that remands to be seen William. Right now, the jury is still out on that,” Buffy responded cheekily.

William sighed in relief. He was so glad that he didn’t bollocks this up.

“So Saturday then, 7ish?” William confirmed.

“Yeah. So how are we going to do this?” Buffy inquired.

“I didn’t think you Americans did dating any different but if I must explain….” William joked.

“No, no different than you stuffy Brits. I just wanted to know where you wanted to meet for dinner?” Buffy asked.

“Well, if it’s alright with you, I wanted to pick you up at your place. Despite my recent behavior exhibited in court, I am a gentleman. But if you don’t feel comfortable with that we can…..” William clarified.

“No. No you can pick me up at my place. That’s perfect,” Buffy affirmed. She proceeded to give him her address and brief directions. After a few more details worked out the conversation came to a close.

“It was nice speaking with you William and I’ll see you on Saturday. Till then,” Buffy replied.

“Till then, Buffy,” William whispered and then they both proceeded to hang up.

Once the phone call ended, William proceeded to make dinner arrangements, ‘take care’ of willie in his personal bathroom, and nervously wait till Saturday.

Across town, Buffy was also following up from her conversation with William. She was in the middle of a conference call with Willow and Anya; discussing what she was going to wear and correcting Anya, numerous times, that she was not going to enjoy an evening of multiple orgasms with Mr. Sex-on-Legs. Inside she was doing a mental Snoopy Dance about her date on Saturday.


Chapter End Notes:
Hope you enjoy.....