Author's Chapter Notes:
For the awesome banner made by Peroxide_dreams.

Song Credit: Yellow by Coldplay

As some of you may know I have spent the last year or so recovering from surgery which has kept me from a lot of things. I do want you guys to know that I haven't forgotten 'Lie In The Sound' and I do plan on finishing it. I'm halfway though the new chapter and I hope to start posting again soon. :)
Buffy was in love with Spike, she really was. She just had trouble verbalizing her feelings for him. It’s not like she was afraid of commitment, she wasn’t. She was 110% committed to their relationship and him, she just couldn’t say the L word aloud… or well, she could… Love. Love. Love! LOVE! I LOVE YOU!… just not to him. Not while looking into his eyes and seeing all the emotions, the excitement, the bliss she knew would be there.

Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And everything you do,
Yeah, they were all yellow.


She thought he was beautiful. Wonderfully, eccentrically beautiful. Especially for a boy, and he made her heart sing. So, she wrote a song for him. She told him in the song how she would walk through his fire, fire that burned her soul, how he had a willing slave and how in his arms she thought she was in heaven. Told him that he made her feel alive and how his beauty was effulgent.

I came along,
I wrote a song for you,
And all the things you do,
And it was called “Yellow.”


She played the song for him. Sat him down on the side of the bed, grabbed her guitar and sung it for him. Told him it was for him.

So then I took my turn,
Oh what a thing to have done,
And it was all yellow.


“I… Buffy… Wow… Love… I love it.” He said, took her guitar, set it aside, hugged her and then pushed her down on the bed.

Your skin,
Oh yeah, your skin and bones,
Turn into something beautiful…


He kissed her and took her breath away. She stilled in awe at all the things he could convey with one kiss… one touch… unable to move aside from embracing his bare body to her own. She let herself drown in the ocean of his emotions, let herself get carried away by his tide and lose herself in his everlasting passion.

You know,
you know I love you so.


Spike sighed as he entered her body, her long limbs cocooning him in her warmth. She was amazing and he loved her. Had fallen in love with her the moment he saw her up on that stage, just her and her guitar, her voice swimming across the crowded club to gently cares his every pore. He had loved her from that very moment and all he had ever wanted was her love in return.

You know I love you so.


“I love you” she whispered to Spike and his arms held her tighter. She stilled, listening to his soft breathing, sighing a sigh of relief when she realized Spike was asleep.

Buffy didn’t know why she was so afraid to tell him that she loved him, wished sometimes that he would stay awake long enough to hear her say it so she would have no other choice but to face the love she felt for him. She knew that if he ever heard her he wouldn’t let her run away from her emotions.

With those thoughts in her mind and his soft breath on the skin of her forehead and the soft rise and fall of his chest she lulled to sleep.

I swam across,
I jumped across for you,
Oh what a thing to do,
‘Cause you were all yellow.


Spike took a deep breath and let a tear escape his eyes, roll down his cheek and let it get lost in the golden forest of Buffy’s hair. He didn’t understand her sometimes, he didn’t understand how she had no trouble letting him know how she felt when she thought he wasn’t listening but never to his face, never to him, looking in his eyes. Wiping a few more tears away, he willed himself to follow her into slumber.

I drew a line,
I drew a line for you,
Oh what a thing to do,
And it was all yellow.


Buffy pulled up to her house and sighed. It had been over two months since she had last seen Spike, and she had told herself on her way back home from her tour that today was the day… the day she would tell him how she really felt about him. She had spent countless hours in front of the mirror practicing and sleepless nights missing his arms around her while she slept.

Walking into her house, she saw his things packed up and stacked neatly by the door waiting to be moved out.

Her heart sank.

Your skin,
Oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful…


“I found someone else,” was the only explanation he gave her, and she was angered, and wounded and she told him the one thing that would of saved their relationship while it still could have been saved. The one thing she knew he had always wanted to hear.

She said, “I love you,” and he stopped.

Spike looked at her and blinked his tears away.

“It’s too late for that,” he told her and turned away from her stare.

“I’ll do anything for you.” She said.

He chuckled sadly and picked up a box by the door.

“Anything?” He asked and she nodded her head slowly. “Then… let me go.” He mumbled and cursed himself for the break in his voice.

She stared at him, at the box, and moved out of the way.

And you know,
For you I’d bleed myself dry.
For you I’d bleed myself dry.


Buffy didn’t want to let him go. Spike had been her everything, was everything to her. He was her world. Everything in the world was right when he held her close. Everything shone in his presence.

It’s true,
Look how they shine for you.
Look how they shine for you.
Look how they shine for…

Look how they shine for you.
Look how they shine for you.
Look how they shine.


Buffy didn’t want to let Spike go, but she knew she had to.

Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And all the things that you do.


Sometimes, Buffy still cries at night.