Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for all that has been patient for another chapter. Almost a week and half is a really long time for me to post. Well here it is, hope you enjoy.
“Well, that was a slap and tickle Watcher. Next time you plan to take us on Toad’s Wild Ride, I’ll pass,” Spike murmured from under his smoldering blanket, as he sprinted towards Giles’ front door.

“By all means, hopefully there will not be a next time I have to cart you around in the back of my perfectly serviceable automobile,” Giles snapped back.

“When the bloody hell was that car ever serviceable? A Ford Model-T has better suspension and shocks than that bucket of rust!” Spike scoffed as he stood under the slight overhang above Giles’ apartment door.

“Alright, enough boys!” Buffy huffed as she followed behind the arguing men.

Giles opened his apartment door and entered without a glance back. Buffy and Spike stood on the threshold as they awaited an invitation. After Buffy’s loud throat clear, Giles turned mid stride to look at them.

“Buffy, you need an invitation to enter someone’s home?” Giles questioned with an expression of slight shock.

“No, but Spike does,” Buffy stated as she stood next to her mate. Giles looked at Spike with a slight frown, followed by a heavy sigh.


“Giles!”

“Fine, fine. Spike you may enter. Buffy, please ensure that I don’t regret this decision,” Giles huffed as he began to rifle through paperwork and books scattered across his desk.

Spike entered first, with Buffy two steps behind. Once he shed the smoldering blanket, and closed the heavy wooden door, Buffy started to check his body with her hands and eyes to see if the sun had adversely affected him. Giles noticed this interaction between his Slayer and her mate. Her touches appeared to be intimate, loving. Spike’s reaction to her investigation was the same. Giles felt that their interaction was almost too private to witness.

After several moments, Spike placed the palm of his hand tenderly on Buffy’s cheek and sent his thoughts to her.

“Luv, I’m fine. I’ve been in worse situations with Mr. Sunshine than that. Please don’t worry,” Spike’s voice filled Buffy’s mind. Buffy gently moved his hand from her cheek to her lips. She placed a soft chaste kiss upon his palm, before she released him.

Spike inhaled deeply to pull his mate’s essence into himself, and he was met with another, stronger, overwhelming smell. His cerulean gaze widen comically, as he realized what the smell was from. As Buffy sensed and witnessed his actions, she proceeded to fill her lungs with air. Buffy’s gaze widened instantly as she turned to face her Watcher, once her mind gave the scent a name.

“Giles!”

Giles instantly looked up from his perusal of papers and the like and looked upon Buffy. His features were confused and stunned for the reason behind her proclamation. Giles’ gaze move from Buffy’s stunned features to Spike’s behind her. Spike proceeded to tap his finger to the side of his nose several times, to hint to Giles that they could smell what had transpired in the flat prior to their arrival.

Giles quickly understood what each referred to, as his urgently pulled his glasses that were housed on the bridge of his nose. Which in turn he started to furiously clean the lenses, as his eyes remained down. Several moments later, three pairs of eyes fell on the woman that broke through the silent understanding.

“Is anyone interested in tea and cookies?” Jenny asked as she strode in the room. She held a tray of tea, condiments and a plate of sweets. Buffy’s mouth joined her eyes, as they gaped at the slightly disheveled woman that entered into the living room.



“Giles!” Buffy trilled again.

Giles looked up from his focus that was again held firm on his gleaming lenses. First at Buffy, then at Spike that remained standing behind her. As Giles’ gaze met Spike’s, with a large Cheshire Cat grin and dual "thumbs up”, Spike sauntered over to the extensive book collection, as he started to read the spines on each book.

Giles cleared his throat as he pulled his findings into his arms and brought them to the table located in the middle of the seating.

“Umm, well yes. Let’s go over what Jenny and I have found in regards to Angelus and Drusilla. Their years together without you Spike, and with,” Giles explained as he sat down. Jenny followed, sitting a slight distance from Giles. Buffy could sense that each wanted to sit closer, but each chose to keep the illusion of friends and nothing more.

As Spike continued his perusal of Giles’ extensive collection, he commented.

“Watcher, I don’t know why you're bothering with those moldy books? Obviously, you had better things to do with your time,” Spike chuckled slightly.

Before Giles could respond, rapid dual knocks sounded on the door, without any prompting, the door swung opening. Xander entered, holding two pizzas as he chatted out loud.

“Ok, I hope that everyone likes pepperoni and hamburger? Growing boy here! Need my meats,” Xander spoke as he placed the boxes upon Giles’ desk. Xander’s eyes spied the room and darkened when they fell upon Spike.

“What is Dead boy Jr. doing here? I thought since it was daylight that we would have a reprieve from the undead,” Xander scoffed as he glared at Spike.

“Xander, will you give it a rest? Despite how you feel about him, and which I can tell you that his feelings are very mutual, he knows far more than any of Giles' books and the Watcher’s diaries combined,” Buffy snapped.

“It’s going to be the shortened version! He’s not going to admit how he has firsthand knowledge of them and their dastardly deeds!” Xander scoffed. Before Spike could respond, Giles interceded.

“Xander, don’t be foolish! Yes, Spike has committed almost a hundred years of horrendous deeds, which nobody here is disputing. Unfortunately, right now we need his knowledge to stop his once cohorts in crime,” Giles explained as he finally placed his glasses upon his face.

“Fine! But one move toward my neck, he’ll be dust! Got it bleached boy?” Xander huffed as he settled upon the couch, furthest away from Spike.

“Like you’re some nummy treat! Phlease! I have the blood of my Slayer on tap 24-7! You’re like pig swill, where she is Chateau Lafite 1787*!” Spike scoffed.

“Thanks, I guess,” Buffy huffed, with a heavy eye roll. Even though her body slightly tingled when Spike said ‘my’ instead of ‘the’, this statement still wasn’t on the list of his declarations that swept her off her feet.

“Now that this testosterone fest has been squelched, can we discuss the issue, or more so, the issues at hand?” Buffy asked.

“Is Will coming?” Xander asked between munches on his pizza.

“No. I don’t think after her time with Miss Insanity 1997, she was up to coming. Especially since we are discussing Drusilla’s history,” Buffy explained.

“Spike, would you like me start with what I have found? Then you either add on or correct me?” Giles asked.

“Whatever. It makes no difference to me,” Spike pondered a moment then continued. “Yeah, actually you go ahead, I would love to hear how close the Watcher's ramblings are to reality,” Spike commented with a slight shoulder shrug.

“Ah yes. I am interested also in how accurate my data is,” Giles stated. As Giles started to give a brief history of Angelus, the basic demographics and the like, Spike interrupted.

“Watcher, before I spill my memories for you, who is this?” Spike asked as he pointed towards Jenny that was silently seated on the couch.

“This is Jenny Calendar. She ummm, well she…” Giles stuttered.

“Oh Watcher, spare me. We’re all adults here, well except the whelp, but he’s too dense to even catch on. Let’s use big words shall we?” In a stuffy upper crust English accent, Spike continued. “I am quite perceptive of your carnal knowledge of one another.” Then he continued in his typical tone. “My nose doesn’t lie. My question is more about who is she, in relation to this meeting?” Spike questioned brusquely.

Shortly proceeding Xander’s “hey!” and Giles’ impersonation of a land bound fish, Jenny responded.

“My family was the ones that cursed Angelus with a soul,” Jenny explained, as her voice was filled with strength and pride.

“You’re of gypsy blood? I should have been able to sense it! Well, now that puts a whole new spin on this doesn’t it?” Spike snickered.

“Uh?” Buffy murmured.

“And so say all of us?” Xander commented. Spike looked upon Buffy as he slightly shook his head.

“Tsk…tsk…Watcher, you’re slipping. You let tall, dark and forehead sniff around your Slayer without telling her how and why he claimed that he was on the side of good, justice and all that rot?” Spike snapped, before he continued.

“Let me give you the abridged version. Almost a hundred years ago, Angelus decided to snack upon a tasty gypsy morsel in Romania. Needless to say, she was the beloved of her clan. With a little mojo, abracadabra, they cursed Angelus with a soul. He disappeared for a few years, and then popped back up during the Boxer Rebellion, claiming that he was still the Big Bad. The Boxer Rebellion, fantastic time that was! Ah, the sweet music that filled the air, chaos and screaming in the streets. Smell of blood and fear permeated heavily in the streets. That was the time that I bagged my first Slayer. See she was this tiny Chinese girl with…” Spike stopped mid sentence as he felt the waves of anger flow from his mate. He blinked quickly, to dispel the distant memories from his heavy gaze. After several beats, he continued.

“Ah, yeah so, Darla didn’t buy it and sent him packing. For the next century, he was rubbing rat filth on his face, brooding and fighting his demonly urges. Too bad he didn’t stake himself or greet the sun, but even with a soul, he was always too pompous for something that wasn’t self-serving. Any ways, I lost track of him after the 40’s, when we were trapped in a German-U-boat for Hitler’s secret plans to create an undead super army. In that tube were the most destructive vamps out there, which included yours truly. Then the next thing I heard, he was in good ole’ Sunnyhell, playing lap dog to the Slayer,” Spike explained with a tinge of humor in his baritone voice. Once he finished his synopsis of Angel/Angelus’ curse, Spike snagged a cookie off the tray and took a bite to punctuate his story’s end.

“Well, yes, I was aware, of how he became cursed, but the Watchers lost track of him after the Boxer Rebellion. Ummm, thank you Spike for that condensed version of his last hundred years,” Giles stated. With a slight nod, Spike continued to eat his cookie.

“He’s correct. I am of gypsy descent, and it was my family that cursed Angelus with a soul. Giles informed me that his soul has been removed. I do possess the scrolls that house the curse, which has been passed down for generations. Unfortunately, the translation was not. I’ll try to make a computer program that can translate the curse, so we can perform it again. With any luck, it will work. I understand Buffy, Angel is important to you. I’ll try everything I can to get him back,” Jenny explained.

Spike growled low at Jenny’s statement. Before anyone could react to him, Buffy’s gaze moved towards Spike’s, which never faltered as she responded.

“Jenny, Angel is important to me, as a friend and a warrior on the side of good. I do want him safe. If you can replace his soul, please do, but the fact remains that we will do everything and anything to stop him and Drusilla,” Buffy explained.

Since the claim, despite how desperately Buffy fought to hold on to her believed love for Angel, the truth remained that her heart now belonged to another. All her proclamations before were only words. This was the truth. Spike could feel new and previously unexpressed emotions permeate his body, as his mate’s gaze bore into his.

Despite all others present, Spike wanted to go to her. Fill his arms with this tiny woman that he had quickly come to utterly adore. This tiny woman that he…before Spike could finish his thought or move towards Buffy, Xander’s voice broke through the overwhelming emotions flowing between them.

“But when Miss Insane in the membrane made Willow suck Dead boy’s soul, it had to go somewhere. It can’t be just floating around can it?” Xander asked.

Buffy and Spike’s gaze was broken as Xander’s question had stifled the moment they had just shared. Buffy’s eyes begrudgingly moved towards Xander as she spoke.

“I didn’t want to ask Willow too much this morning, but she did tell me that after the incantation, she believes that Angel’s soul left his body and filled a glass jar on the table before her. We can go back to the warehouse to investigate. See if they’re still there and hopefully that jar is there too,” Buffy explained.

“Luv, they’re probably long gone. That jar is too. There is no way that Angelus would leave that behind. He would have left Dru long before he left that. I have a feeling that he’s hidden his soul where no one will be able to find it. The only way that we can shove it back into the big lug is to magically do so,” Spike explained.

“I concur with Spike, Buffy. The brief knowledge that I do have of Angelus is he is no fool. Besides feed, his soul would be next on his agenda,” Giles added.

“Well, feed and fu…yeah never mind,” Spike’s statement remained unfinished after Buffy’s gaze shot daggers into his direction.

“So that’s a start, Giles do you want to fill us in on what we are dealing with. We need to hear all the gory details, of Drusilla and Angelus, if we are going to know how to approach and defeat them,” Buffy stated.

“Go ahead Watcher. Don’t worry, I’ll put in my two cents,” Spike stated with a snicker.

“Well, I’m glad that you dispelled my fear Spike,” Giles remarked, before he explained to the group, for the next four hours, about Angelus and Drusilla’s undead lives.

Once Giles finished with his debriefing, the room was filled with a stifling silence. Nobody knew what to say about all that the Scourges of Europe had done. Uncharacteristically, Spike spoke only a few times, which was to add to the incident that Giles was explaining. Spike’s voice was the first to break the suppressing silence.

“Well, that was a lovely trip down memory lane. Now that you all know his history, it should be effortless to formulate a plan to take Angelus down,” Spike stated. Xander was the first to respond, as he faced Buffy and Giles.

“I still don’t understand how he can stand there dust free! After everything, you said Giles, he agreed with. He even added his own sick twist!” Xander barked as he stood quickly from his seat.

Everyone remained quiet after Xander’s outburst, even Buffy. Spike felt slight rolls of anger and disgust that flowed from his mate. To mask his hurt Spike, shifted into game face and growled.

“I’d like to see you try whelp! Bring it on!” Spike snarled as he motioned to lunge toward Xander.

Lightning-quick, Buffy stood and placed her hands upon Spike’s chest to stop his movement. Buffy attempted to speak to him with her mind, but Spike pushed her away before her thoughts flowed to him.

“Back off Slayer! You knew you were mated to a master vampire! Don’t seem so surprised by my actions!” Spike roared as he headed toward the door.

Buffy tried again to stop him, but he would not heed. As she stood between him and the door, she spoke.

“Spike, please understand. I’m the Slayer and human. Anyone with a soul would be upset by all this,” Buffy spoke softly.

“Yeah, that’s right Slayer, I did all those things and more. Just threw myself in. Thought it was a party. I liked the rush. I liked the crunch. Never did look back at the victims. Ya know what? Still do.” With that Spike pushed past Buffy as he headed into the newly formed night.

Tears started to hover on the lower lids of her green eyes, as she watched her mate leave into the night. Buffy wanted to go after him, but Giles’ voice called to her, as he brought her back to the task at hand. Find and stop Drusilla and Angelus.

***** *****

Angelus’ partially clothed form remained motionless as he sat in front of the mansion’s hearth. His mind was consumed with the object that filled his hands. He was only donned in snug, black leather pants that remained unfastened. His skin told the tale of his activities that had commenced throughout the night. Not a mark upon his flesh did he consider, as his mind remained focused upon what he beheld.

“Who would have fathomed that something that is weightless, would drag and anchor me into the bottomless depths of self-loathing. All that came into contact with it, has seen something this transparent. Something that distinctly separates humans and demons, made me neither for almost a hundred years,” Angelus murmured as he studied the vessel that housed his soul.

“No matter, my tormentor is no more. Once this day has passed, I will bury this where no one will ever find it again. I will no longer be a captor to this wretched soul,” Angelus growled as his grip tightened on the glass.

He wanted to smash this vessel to pieces. Stomp onto it until the panes became a fine powder under his bare feet. With every bite of the shards of glass, he would relish the sweet pain. Angelus quickly harnessed this desire. He knew that once this bane was free of its translucent cage, it would consume and haunt him again.

As he placed the glass gently upon the end table, his mind started to ponder his newfound freedom. This past evening he had participated and relished in all the depravities that Angel had forbidden him to partake in. Pleasures of flesh and fang. Once he and Drusilla escaped the warehouse, he had drunk his fill of blood, human blood, until he was engorged like a tick on a hound.

Upon their arrival to the mansion, Drusilla had purred and cooed to be taken by Angelus. Well, into the night, he had befouled her porcelain flesh with his mouth, teeth, hands and cock. Drusilla’s shrills and screams filled the mansion, as he continued until he was sated. Long ago, Angelus had merged her pleasure and pain into one. Despite the brutal treatment, he bestowed upon her pale flesh, she always cried and begged for more.

The countless hours of wickedness had been fulfilling, to a point. Now that he, well Angel, had touched perfection, Angelus demanded more. Last night, while Drusilla swallowed his cock, the hair that he grasped in his fists became golden, no longer the color of a raven’s wing. His member swelled two fold as the thoughts of her, filled his mind.

Angel had loved her. He worshiped her. Her purity and despite what she was, a killer of his kind, he longed for her. Angel had denounced all that he was a master vampire, all for her. Angelus knew now that it wasn’t the soul that made him sought that path of ‘righteousness’. It was she. True, the soul harnessed his demon, but only to a point.

Before he knew of her, even before she was born, Angel had done many questionable things. In the 1940’s, Angel had turned a dying man to save the ship and his own hide. There were 1970’s, when he entered into a donut shop looking for food, and found it by feeding on a dying clerk. Another incident in the 1920’s, when he walked away from a hotel full of people, to let them become a feast for a Thesulac demon. It wasn’t until Whistler showed him her, bathed in sunshine, did he truly decide that redemption was his calling, his need, his desire.

Angelus wanted to punish her for making him want her. Punish her for making him crave her. Punish her for making him weak. She would pay. Payment in both body and blood. His demon wanted to mark her, inside and out. What he desired was not a claim. It was much deeper than that. He wanted her to be his sole possession, to use as he saw fit. Her punishment would be eternal. Angelus decided that these desires would become a reality.

She would be his ultimate masterpiece. All that transpired before, would look like a child’s crayon portrait of the Sistine Chapel. Even Drusilla would be considered sane and stable when he was finished with her.

As this plan took shape in his immoral mind, Angelus understood that the first step was that she needed to be stripped away from her first cherished possession, her mate. The thoughts of pulling claimed mates apart brought a manic snicker to bubble from his throat.

The added bonus that he would punish his wayward childe, made this plan even sweeter. “Two vamps, one stake!” Angelus’ mind snickered as he continued to formulate. Angelus was broken from his thoughts, as a nude Drusilla hovered in the doorway of the main room.

The entirety of her flesh was peppered with welts, bites, lacerations and the like. Her ebony hair flowed into soft curls, some strands lay upon her breasts, as the rest spilled down her back. Her aquamarine eyes were at half-mast, both from sleep and lusty contentment, as she studied his seated form.

“Daddy, why are you here all alone? Death is still hovering in the sky, and it is yet time to rise,” Drusilla purred as she stalked closer. Angelus turned his form in his seat and faced her.

“Sorry baby, just thinking. Go back to bed, I’ll return shortly,” Angelus ordered. With a large pout, Drusilla looked upon him and retorted.

“Daddy, Miss Edith is whispering to me that your mind is filled with another princess. A golden maiden, that has taken my place. Daddy no longer wants his raven-haired princess.” Drusilla whined as her talons tore at her exposed pale skin. Angelus demon roared, as he flashed forward and grabbed Drusilla’s wrists harshly.

“I will not tolerate being questioned by you! I am your sire and you will heed my commands! Now go back to bed, or your flesh will greet the sun!” Angelus growled as he shoved her body harshly. Drusilla’s form crumbled to the floor, as sobs tore from her throat.

“Daddy…please daddy! Forgive your princess. I only want to be fully yours!” Drusilla wailed as her slight frame shook with distress.

As he regarded her weeping form, Angelus’ demon receded as he walked towards her. He extended his hand to Drusilla. After several moments, her tear-filled eyes looked upon his gracious gift, as she placed her trembling hand into his. As she rose, Angelus spoke.

“Daddy is sorry to upset you, princess. My mind is still plagued with Angel’s thoughts,” Angelus explained as he pulled her into the cage of his arms. Drusilla nuzzled into his chest, as she spoke.

“Daddy, we must punish her for making your mind heavy with abhorrent thoughts. Punish her, for leading my men astray. The wretched whore must pay,” Drusilla whispered as her naked form slid down his flesh. As she knelt before him, her hands started to free his hardened member from its leather confines.

“That she will princess, that she will,” Angelus promised, as Drusilla brought him into her mouth, as she bestowed pleasure upon his flesh that he yearned that it was another.





* The record price at auction for a bottle of wine ($156,000) was for a 1787 Chateau Lafite, which was once thought to be owned by Thomas Jefferson.[2]


Chapter End Notes:
Feed my muse......give reviews!!!!! Thanxs SF!