Author's Chapter Notes:
Here we go kiddies! I'm not sure if you are still with me here....but I will continue to write till it's done. To be honest sometimes my muse becomes a stubborn bitch when feedback isn't received. Don't worry, I'll make her do her job so this gets done. As a side note, Uncle Enios is Jenny's uncle.
In the pre-dawn hours, Spike pulled his bare form from his lover’s grasp, hearing Joyce prepare to depart on her business trip. Waiting within the confines of the closet, Joyce entered Buffy’s room, placed a gentle kiss upon her brow, whispered her love and left quietly. Once Spike heard the SUV depart from Revello Drive, he slid back between the warm sheets and pulled his mate’s sleeping form into his arms. A soft murmur of ‘I love you’ spilled from her slack lips, Spike responded in kind, placing a tender kiss upon her golden crown.

As the lovers hovered in the realm between consciousness and sleep, the loud shrill of the telephone sounded through the quiet room. Buffy’s palm sought the bringer of annoyance. After several passes, her hand connected with the receiver. Clumsily, she placed the phone to her ear, and with a groggy, ‘hello’ she was greeted with a recorded announcement. Principal Snyder’s voice declared school was canceled today and tomorrow due to a ‘School District emergency’. A wide grin graced Buffy’s lips as she disconnected the call mid rant. “No school for the next two days” was all that she needed to know. Within moments, Buffy resumed her position upon Spike’s alabaster chest. Soft puffs of warm breath fell on his flesh, as she reentered the realm of sleep.

The pair was still wrapped in the cocoon of slumber, when the phone rang yet again, signaling someone was eager to reach Buffy. As before, despite some failed attempts, Buffy reached the phone. Another groggy, ‘hello’ sounded from her scratchy throat. In sharp contrast to her last phone call several hours before, the caller’s voice was melancholy, with short burst of sobs that resounded from her throat. Buffy’s mind cleared instantly as she sat up to further the conversation with the caller.

“Will, what’s wrong?” Buffy asked with a soft, but firm tone. After several moments, Willow answered.

“Buffy, Miss Calendar’s dead!” After her declaration, another burst of sobs floated from the receiver.

As this information slowly seeped into her mind, Buffy remained speechless. Due to the waves of sadness and fury that rolled off his mate, Spike was mentally shaken awake. He tenderly placed his arms around Buffy’s midsection, offering his body for comfort and strength. The comfort of his muscular arms and his thoughts surrounding her, she found the strength to continue.

“What happened?”

“It was all over the news! Two people were found dead this morning. Police are calling both homicides. One was a late 20’s woman who had a tragic fall in the halls of Sunnydale High. The other was a middle-aged man that suffered an animal attack near his apartment. The police stated that it was suspicious due to a similar object that was left behind with the bodies,” Willow explained in between her sniffles.

“Willow, how do you know that it was Miss Calendar? It could be anyone else…..” Buffy asked. Before she could finish her question, Willow interrupted with a muffled sob.

“I hacked my way into the police database! There wasn’t much there, but both victim’s names were. Jenny’s was one of them!” Willow announced as her sobs transformed into wails.

“Willow, stay there, I’m coming over!” With that announcement, Buffy disconnected the call and extracted her naked form from her lover’s arms.

Mindlessly, Buffy paced the room, unclear where to begin. Spike pulled himself from bed and stood before her. Unaware of his presence, Buffy collided solidly with his chest. As her tear filled stare met his, Spike wrapped her within his arms. Hot trails of tears spilled upon his tepid chest, her body shook with grief. With gentle words and kisses, Spike attempted to comfort her. After several minutes, Buffy pulled from his chest, but remained in his arms. Concern laced Spike’s words as he spoke.

“Jenny? Was that your Watcher’s bird? The Gypsy?”

“Yeah,” Buffy replied solemnly.

“Does he know?” Spike inquired. Upon his inquiry, Buffy’s teary eyes widened. As she pulled from his arms, she started to place strewn clothing haphazardly upon her body.

“Oh, my god! Giles! How could I have forgotten about Giles! She was his……I don’t know if he knows! Spike, we need….” Her sentence stopped mid stream as he remained before her. With all the compassion and understanding muster, he spoke.

“Buffy, go be with your friends, your Watcher. They need you now. I’ll lay low until Mr. Sun checks out, and then I’ll meet you at your Watcher’s flat. Go. Don’t worry about me, I’m a big boy,” With a tender kiss upon her lips, Spike handed Buffy her leather jacket.

Buffy looked upon her mate with utter love and devotion, before she nodded her head slowly. After another deeper kiss upon his full lips, Buffy exited her bedroom. Within moments, he heard front door close, heralding her departure.

After she left, Spike crawled back into the still warm sheets of his mate’s bed. His mind churned with what had transpired, a heavy dread formed deep in the pit of his stomach. Without further knowledge, he knew the inevitable had come to pass, ‘Something Wicked This Way Comes’. Something wicked, in the form of Angelus and Drusilla.


** ****


The rest of the day was a blur of tears and hundreds of questions. As soon as Buffy left her home, she headed toward Willow’s. After each sought comfort in one another’s arms, they headed towards Giles’. Along the way, Xander met up with them. The trio hovered in the courtyard of his apartment for an endless amount of time before enough strength was gathered to enter. With a soft knock, Buffy tentatively announced their presence. After several moments, with no answer, they entered.

The entire apartment was dark, with an ominous feeling throughout. A faint tick of a clock was the only sound that emanated from the darkness. Buffy called out to Giles several times before a soft sob was heard from above. As Xander and Willow remained below, Buffy slowly ascended the stairs towards his room. Upon his bed, Giles laid still, only the rapid falls of his chest announced life. With weary, reddened eyes, Giles looked upon Buffy as she hovered motionless in his doorway. A deep raspy voice sounded “Buffy?” before she moved forward into his embrace. Each held on tightly as their tears and sobs intermingled.

Once all the tears dried, Giles and Buffy headed downstairs. A tender hug from both Willow and Xander were the only acknowledgement that Giles accepted before he spoke.

“Buffy, it is imperative that Angelus and Drusilla are stopped! These deaths were the work of this sadistic duo and no more shall fall from their hands!” Giles seethed as his fist met with his wooden desk. Books, papers and other items shook upon the surface from his fury. Bravely, Buffy questioned his command.

“Giles how do we know…..” Buffy inquired. Her voice was interrupted midway by Giles glare and retort.

“That man had his throat torn out! Jenny…..my sweet Jenny, her spine was severed. Snyder and the police are claiming that she fell down a flight of stairs! They found her in the middle of a hallway, nowhere near a staircase!

“But Giles….” Buffy continued.

“Buffy either you do your job as the Slayer, or I will. Either way, they will die tonight,” Giles spoke with a voice that chilled Buffy to the core. Buffy and Giles’ gazes held firm as a battle of wills transpired. After several moments, Willow’s shaky voice broke through the thick silence.

“Giles, how do you know about…..” Unable to finish her thought, Giles was pulled from his stare with his Slayer.

“I have a friend at the Sunnydale’s Coroner’s department. He informed me of this information. He also told me something else that is quite disturbing and perplexing. Around each body were a dozen of wingless moths. No one has an idea why, not even the police,” Giles explained as his saddened azure eyes studied Willow.

“Giles, what kind of moths were they?” Buffy inquired.

“Buffy, I don’t see how this has any relevance to their deaths,” Giles scoffed.

“Giles!” Buffy barked.

“They were Lymantria disparmoths. Commonly known as…..” Before Giles could finish his sentence, Buffy spoke.

“Gypsy moths,” Buffy announced.

“What does that mean?” Xander questioned.

“It means Angelus and Drusilla die tonight!” Buffy avowed as she stormed out into the newly darkened night.


*** ***


Buffy’s determined strides fell heavily upon the frozen ground as she traveled back to her home to gear up and gather Spike. As Buffy stormed through the playground near her home, her Slayer and vamp senses picked up another vamp close by. She distinctly knew that this was a Master vampire. Since she knew it wasn’t Spike, only two more guesses remained. Before Buffy could zero in on the location of said vampire, a cynical voice rang through the once silent night.

“Good evening, Buff,” Angelus purred as he slowly stalked out from behind a nearby tree.

“Angel or is it Angelus? I’ve always been amazed that everyone, including myself, has followed this Jekyll and Hyde charade that you’ve established between the soul and non-soul having sides of yourself, quite pretentious, if you ask me. Well, whoever you are, I’ve been looking to ‘talk’ with you for some time. For someone that claims that he’s such a bad ass, you’ve been quite scarce!” Buffy snapped as she firmly stood her ground.

“I’m flattered that thoughts of me have occupied so many of your nights. I wonder what Willie would think of your naughty thoughts of his grandsire?” Angelus purred as he stopped less than twenty feet away from her rigid form.

“Piss off!” Buffy snarled as her fangs descended golden eyes full of fire and fury.

“Tsk, Tsk, such a filthy mouth for a once virginal girl. Well, that was until your virtue was sullied by an inferior vamp,” Angelus growled.

Buffy ignored his tasteless statement in regard to her once virginity and her mate’s manhood. With a roar, she responded in kind.

Filthy is how you savagely killed Miss. Calendar!”

“Pity you’re not appreciative of the Arts. She was my tribute to Dali’s La Cara de la Guerra (1). I believe how I situated her head just so, made my work simply breathtaking. Dru, you have a better eye for Surrealism, what’s your opinion?” Angelus inquired as his gaze wandered over Buffy’s left shoulder.

Instantly, Buffy turned sideways, in order to maintain a line of vision on both Master vamps. Approximately, thirty feet away, a slender woman, dressed in crushed velvet, blood red sheath stood. Long-flowing raven hair spilled over her shoulders and down her back, which was a stark contrast to the fine porcelain skin and large, expressive, turquoise eyes, which were trained steadily upon her. Full crimson lips broke into a feral smile, which disappeared once her hypnotic voice filled the night.

“This is the golden-haired siren whose song has caused my men to crash upon the rocks?” Drusilla hissed as her once beautiful features contorted, as her demon slid forward.

“Oh, oh! Looks like you’ve made her mad! This situation doesn’t look good for our heroine faithful viewers!” Angelus mocked brashly, as his own demon visage shifted forward.

“Zap, zap…take a nap….zap, zap…..take a nap!” Drusilla began to chant as her hands mimed as if she held an object in her talon tipped hands, as she thrust it towards Buffy.

“Damn! You are two tacos short of a combo platter! When everyone said you were whacked, I just thought they were exaggerating, I was so wrong! Actually, forget the whole combo, you’re short the whole fucking order!” Buffy snickered as she attempted to inconspicuously move away from them. Buffy continued to rant as her feet moved gradually backwards.

“I really have a new found respect for Spike, since he chose to stay with you for over a hundred years!” Buffy bellowed as her gaze moved from one master vamp to the other.


Across town, Spike made his way down the Summers’ walkway, his lithe form was overwhelmed with a myriad of emotions, Buffy’s emotions. Fury, bewilderment, with a hearty dose of fear, saturated his senses. Instantly, Spike knew that his mate was in trouble. Like a predator on the hunt for his prey, Spike shifted into his demon visage, raised his nose to the wind in order to locate her. As soon as his dead lungs were filled with her essence, he took flight. Heavy Doc Martens pounded the pavement, as his leather ‘second skin’ whipped through the breeze left behind him.

Spike’s form moved quickly throughout the streets of Sunnydale. He could sense his mate less than several miles away. Within moments, he spied before him two brawny, male vamps set to attack. Reluctantly, Spike’s gait slowed. As his golden, hardened gaze bore into the minions before him, he growled his response to them.

“It be in your best undusty interest mates, to step aside. It is not to wise to stand between a Master vamp and his mate!”

Despite his warning, the vamps held their ground. In addition, two more minions slid from the confines of the shadows and flanked Spike’s form. In conjunction to formulating a plan, Spike deep baritone voice taunted those before him.

“Ah, I see my grandsire has sent out the welcome wagon! We could compare wrinkles if you would like, but I’ve got to go see about a girl and nothing is going to stop me!” Spike roared.

As his voice still rung in the wintry air, Spike’s roundhouse kick connected with the glass jaw of the vampire that once stood before him. In a flurry of motion, the battle began. Spike’s demon relished in the brawl, as fist and fang, joined the fray. Three more minions seeped into the spots that once held their comrades as Spike’s deadly accuracy dusted and pummeled them.

Despite the flawless precision of his movements, Spike received crushing blows in return. Growls, curses and vows filled the air as the fray continued. Above the constant noise of battle, a slight hum broke through. In his peripheral vision, Spike witnessed blue sparks dance between two metal prongs. Before he could react, volts of electricity surged through his body.

A wounded roar poured from his lips as his nostrils were pervaded with the overwhelming scent of burnt flesh that emanated from his throat. Spike’s legs buckled underneath his form, his knees crashed to the pavement. As he hovered in the realm of unconsciousness, the steady drone of electricity filled his ears as the currents licked his throat again. Before the onyx abyss swallowed him whole, the only word that fluttered from his lips was but one, Buffy.



Buffy’s eyes slammed closed as pain and confusion pervaded her mind entirely. These feelings were not her own. As bile rose into her throat, she knew whose they were, Spike’s. Her rage bubbled forward as the notion of her mate being in trouble, engrossed her. The only sound she could hear was the heavy tattoo of her heart pounding within her chest. Within moments, another voice stormed the walls of her inner sanctum.

“Zap, zap….take a nap…..zap, zap….take a nap!” Drusilla continued her song as her body swayed as a flame caught within the wind.

“Why are you saying that you crazy bitch?” Buffy roared as her fury consumed her totally. In an instant, she turned to face off with the insane woman before her.

“Nighty….night,” Drusilla cooed as she waved her talon tipped fingers towards her.

“What the……” Immediately, Buffy’s was consumed with volts of electricity, as her body jerked with the currents that licked each molecule within her being. The edges of oblivion curled inwards, her body crashed upon the frozen earth. Heavy pants filled her lungs and Drusilla stalked closer.

Drusilla stood above Buffy as she sneered grabbing a fist-full of golden locks she began dragging her towards Angelus. With a high-pitched shrill, Drusilla commanded.

“Do it again Daddy! Do it again!”

Buffy’s lids fluttered as she fought against the darkness. With a hazy, unfocused gaze, Buffy witnessed Angelus stalk closer to them. He was brandishing a long baton in which the tip housed blue and yellow sparks of electricity. The air crackled, as the electricity danced, once he depressed the button once more.

Buffy struggled slightly as her weak legs attempted to gain purchase. As the prod moved forward, her soft whisper fell from her lips, “I love you Spike.”

Drusilla’s bruising grip released prior to Angelus’ movement. Once Buffy’s flesh was met with the cattle prod, instantly, her body convulsed. Her listless body slumped to the frozen ground, as Drusilla’s screeches filled the night.

“Ohhh….daddy! Ashes, ashes we all fall down!” Drusilla clapped her hands excitedly as she stepped over the fallen Slayer. With a slight shake of her head, her demon receded.

“That she did,” Angelus purred, as his human guise slid into place.

Immediately, two minions appeared from the shadows as they each roughly grabbed the incapacitated Slayer by either listless arm. Together they dragged her limp form through the frozen grass, as they headed toward Angelus’ car.

As Drusilla resumed her sway of a lunatics dance, she crooned the childhood lyrics of the Bubonic plague.

“Ashes, ashes we all fall down!” Drusilla’s form fell gracefully to the ground, as childlike giggles poured forth.

A glance of utter revulsion passed Angelus’ features as he viewed the maniacal vampire near his feet. With a sneer, he turned and followed the only thing that was of the utmost importance now, Buffy.

And all will come undone


















(1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Face_of_War Dali’s painting called The Face of War


Chapter End Notes:
I hope you all like! I am aware that Ring around the Rosies is different in England, and most likely Dru would of sang that version, not the Americanize one. For the purpose of this story I went with that one so I could use "we all fall down", which is not in any other version than the one I know. Also, It must be Tuesday!