Author's Chapter Notes:
To all: I would like to take this opportunity for two things. First, thanks ever so much to my beta, Sanityfair. Without her help and guidance, none of my recent stories could have been worth the letters upon the screen. Secondly, these next statements are a disclosure. The following chapter is filled with some violence that is perpetrated upon Buffy, which may be to some or most, to be disturbing. Up front I do apologize. Not for the story itself, but if I may offend anyone. You have been warned, if you chose to read on, which I hope you do, then remember it was your choice to do so. Now, after saying that...
As dusk rapidly approached, the foursome, were on edge. Unfortunately, they were no closer to locating Buffy. Multiple piles of charred, burnt maps of Sunnydale were strewn about Giles’ flat. In addition to these charred papers, Spike held several items belonging to Buffy. Her favorite sweater, a hairbrush, a singed Mr. Gordo; each was used in combination with the demolished maps and Giles’ locator spell. Each failed, miserably.

Spike stalked throughout the flat like a caged panther, anxiously awaiting the sun to dip below the horizon. The others continued to scour the mountains of books that Giles’ had found, in an attempt to locate Buffy. While leafing through the pages of a text, Willow’s finger was sliced by the slightly sharpened edge. As the blood began to well, Spike’s demon visage immediately slid forward.

A deep demonic rumble filled the once silent room. All eyes widened, and their mouths were agape, as each looked toward Spike. With a flurry of movement, Giles’ was armed with a stake, Willow and Xander barricaded behind him. Spike’s golden eyes beheld them, as the heady ambrosia, a combination of blood and fear, permeated his senses.

A visual stalemate occurred between all parties, as Spike’s vampire visage continued to pervade his features. With several fierce shakes, Spike recalled his demon; his cerulean gaze now studied the trio. After a pregnant pause, Spike spoke.

“What? Blood, vampire, you do the math?” Ignoring his statement, Giles spoke.

“When is the last time you fed, Spike?” Giles inquired, stake still at the ready.

“Don’t rightly remember. Hasn’t been more than a day or two,” Spike responded brusquely.

“Spike, Do I need to point out, within that period of time your body has been severely beaten, and one can assume a nominal amount of blood was lost?” Giles questioned.

“Thanks for the recap, Watcher! Don’t you think I bloody well know that?” Spike acknowledged Giles’ words with an agitated roar.

“One can assume that…that you need to feed,” Giles explained.

“Why Watcher, you offering?” Spike responded with a hearty scoff.

“If it means, that you will be in a better form than you are now …then yes,” Giles answered with resolve.

Cerulean eyes widened upon Giles’ statement, his words breaching Spike’s mind. Two more sets of eyes widened; one chocolate brown, the other jade green, upon Giles’ declaration.

“I don’t bloody well think the Slayer will take too kindly me noshing on her Watcher and friends!” Spike sneered.

“Maybe not directly from us, but there are other ways,” Giles responded. Before either could comment, Giles’ voice rang out, in an attempt to quell their fears.

“It’s the only way.”

Without another word spoken, Giles headed down the hall toward his bathroom. Silently, Willow followed closely behind. Xander’s eyes burned with hatred and disgust, as he glared at Spike momentarily. Several beats later, he followed Giles and Willow.

Standing in the living room, a myriad of feelings washed over him, bewilderment, determination, and sheer awe. He wasn’t fooled, they hadn’t accepted him. What he hoped was, by this simple act, in the future, he and his mate could be together without repercussions from her Watcher and friends.

Twenty minutes later, a ‘Kiss the Librarian’ mug filled almost half way with blood, was placed within his hands. The trio looked much paler than before, especially Willow. With a slight nod of gratitude, Spike’s demon emerged, as he placed the mug to his lips, and gulped down the blood in one swallow.


Without a further word of the blood offering, Spike announced it was time to find Buffy, his way.

In a swirl of leather, he stalked towards the door. In his wake, Giles and Xander collected several stakes and a crossbow before following. Willow stayed behind, due to her largest contribution, the blood that now filled Spike’s stomach.

Once the trio reached the streets, Spike lifted his nose toward the slight wind that caressed their rigid bodies. His golden eyes were momentarily concealed, as he attempted to pinpoint her location. After several beats, his lids snapped open as her unique scent pervaded his nose. In an instant, Spike ran towards the direction in which the heady fragrance wafted.

The bright halo of bleached locks was the only indication of Spike’s direction; he pounded through the streets of Sunnydale, Giles and Xander following several steps behind.

****** *****

“Wakey, wakey…Buffy,” a deep sing-songy voice filled Buffy’s murky head. With a valiant effort, she forced her heavy lids opened. Her eyes crossed, as she attempted to focus on the vampire methodically stalking toward her. Once the realization of who was before her seeped through the haze, Buffy scrambled to push her battered form into the middle of her confinement.

“Now, now. That hurts my feelings. I should be given a much better welcome than that.” As the hate burned within Buffy’s green depths, she glared at Angelus, he continued. “No? Oh well, doesn’t matter. Soon enough, you will be begging for my attention. I can see it now; naked, of course, crawling on all fours, pleading for me to fill all those perfectly, tight orifices. Mmm… Has me hard as granite just thinking about it! Wait! Why think, when it can become a reality I say! Whatcha think, Buffy the Vampire Layer?” Angelus scoffed, circling the hanging cage that housed Buffy like a hungry shark.

Buffy’s heavy head moved slowly, as she attempted to follow Angelus’ movements. Due to the lack of blood and food and more so, her prolonged separation from her mate, this once powerful warrior had been brought to her knees.

Despite her weakened state, Buffy’s gaze held firm with Angelus’ as she responded to his rant.

“You just love to hear yourself talk, don’t you?” Her voice scratchy from a combination of blood loss and a parched throat; rang throughout the silent room. With a hearty, deep laugh, Angelus stared at his young captive.

“There she is! There’s the Slayer that I can’t wait, to sink my teeth into! Speaking of which…” Angelus announced, his demon visage sliding forward.

He approached the opening of her cage, freed the lock and latch. As the metal hinges protested their movements, Buffy scurried towards the furthest recesses of the enclosure. For several moments Angelus' attempted to reach her, to no avail. With a loud, “Fuck this!” he slammed the heavy metal door, locked it and stalked over to the chains that held the cage suspended.

Buffy’s eyes widened, as she comprehended what he was about to accomplish. She scampered towards the door, and attempted with all the strength, she could muster to break the lock. All of her efforts were futile due to lack of strength and time. With one last exertion, Buffy’s weary voice rang out. Her words stilled Angelus’ movements, briefly.

“What will Drusilla say?” Buffy knew that it was futile, these words, but she was hoping that the thoughts of the insane vampiress, would stall his actions.

Angelus’ hands stilled upon the wrapped chains. He slowly turned, his now golden gaze fixed upon Buffy. As the moments ticked by Buffy's faith, that he would not continue this path, increased. Or so she thought. A feral grin appeared upon his lips, prior to his declaration.

“Dru? After yesterday’s little indiscretion, she was severely punished. You don’t think that a piss-poor slob job was going to stop this from happening, did you?” After his declaration, Buffy’s eyes welled with tears.

Without Drusilla as a distraction, Buffy recognized that her fate was sealed. Her death was certain. Buffy’s salty tears continued to fall. Each droplet signified all those that she would leave behind. Her mother, Willow, Xander, Giles…Spike.

Angelus witnessed this once brave warrior before him sob a river of tears. With sheer delight dripping from his voice, Angelus spoke.

“Don’t fret, daddy will lick all those tears, and other more tasty bodily fluids away.” As Angelus ran his tongue over his serrated teeth and lips, he released the last section of the chain.

With a flurry of metal, the links zipped upwards towards the ceiling. Moments later, the metal cage crashed upon the ground with a thunderous sound. Despite Buffy’s attempts to brace herself, the landing jostled her body, her battered form met harshly with the immobile metal bars.

Buffy’s world spun, as she briefly assessed her injuries. Newly broken limbs and digits screamed, as she attempted to extract herself from the cage floor. Fresh blood, spilled forward, as deafening steps pervaded her ears. Instantly, the metal door opened. In a flash a fistful of her once golden locks were grappled, as she was dragged from her prison.

Her shaky legs attempted to gain purchase, as she was hauled backwards. Without a further word, Buffy was lifted off the ground by her hair, and flung upon a soft, yielding object. A bed.

In an instant, upon her supine form, Angelus trapped her. From chest to feet, his hulking body immobilized her almost completely. Buffy’s demon burst forward, as her arms flailed. Without much effort, Angelus encased both of her wrists, in one iron fist. Once her arms were captured, his other hand found purchase upon Buffy’s neck. With an equal punishing grip, he squeezed the vulnerable flesh under his palm. Fingers biting into her skin, his golden eyes penetrated her now equally golden gaze.

Angelus’ with a deep and callous voice spoke.

“Draw back your demon, bitch! Here’s lesson the first, I am your Master! It will serve you well, to heed me, and my demands!”

Despite the minimal air that filled her lungs, Buffy snarled her response.

“Piss Off!”

Angelus’ fury burned within his gaze. In an instant, his fist was once again was in her tresses, he roughly exposed the column of her bruised and swollen throat towards him. With a demonic roar, his fangs violently penetrated her neck. Buffy’s demon receded, as Angelus’ mouth covered Spike’s claim. He tore and shredded the flesh surrounding her once cherished marks.

As he greedily feasted upon her blood, Angelus’ hand released her hair, his now empty hand snaked between their bodies. His fingers dug into her flesh, as he brutally seized her clothed mounds. With a sadistic pull, he extracted his fangs from her throat. Buffy’s life’s blood seeped from the wound; Angelus hand began to tear at her dirty, tattered clothing.

Her punished and battered flesh was exposed to the air and his lust-filled gaze, as the darkness of unconsciousness pervaded her mind. Her lids fluttered and closed. The only sound that she could hear was her own words as her mind called to her mate. She proclaimed her love, begged for forgiveness and said her goodbyes. As his bruising grip formed around her naked breast, in an instant, it was all gone. His brutal hands, his crushing weight, his presence…all disappeared.

With a fierce wave, the sounds of the room, crashed within her mind. The tendrils of numbness dispersed, as Buffy focused upon what was transpiring next to her recumbent form.


**** ****

Giles and Xander resumed their brisk pace, as they continued to search for the now elusive bleached vampire. Almost an hour before, they had lost sight of him, while they weaved through the streets of Sunnydale.

“Giles, where the hell is he…it…Spike?” Xander spat as he met the older gentleman step for step.

“I don’t rightly know Xander. I assume that Angelus would find the most desolate place in Sunnydale. Far away from prying eyes and ears, I believe that Spike will be searching there,” Giles explained with frustration laced throughout his words.

“Well…I hope Spike’s doing much better than we are,” Xander stated with a heavy sigh.

“So do I, Xander. So do I,” Giles responded with an equally exasperated sigh.


*** ***

Buffy’s hazy stare, beheld a violent trade of fists, fangs and demonic growls. In a flurry of movements, Buffy could see a physically unequal match of master vampires. Angelus, with his natural bulk and sheer size seemed to dwarf his opponent. Despite this disadvantage, Angelus appeared to have numerous severe marks upon his body, from…Drusilla.

The vampiress was in full game face, as she hissed and struck with razor-sharp claws, towards any exposed flesh upon Angelus’ body. Numerous, lengthy, bloody scores stood out brightly against Angelus’ pale skin.

Angelus struck Drusilla’s face with a brutal punch, which forced her to stagger backward toward the closest wall. After she steadied herself, she pulled away from the barrier. Drusilla hissed words through her blood that filled her mouth.

“I knew! I knew that siren had you with a single song! Despite how your princess has worshiped at your feet, fed you heady virgin’s blood, bestowed your body with all the pleasures of the flesh; that filthy soul still hovers all around you! Poor, poor daddy, nothing can save you now!” Upon this declaration, Drusilla pulled a stake from the folds of her crimson sheath, and ran towards Angelus with a deranged scream.

As the insane vampiress rushed towards her sire, Angelus ducked low and charged into Drusilla’s upright form. His shoulder collided with her midsection, with an audible ‘whoosh’. With the speed of a runaway freight train, Angelus slammed Drusilla into the wall where she once laid.

Buffy extracted her assaulted form from the bed, as the two master vamps continued their battle. Buffy slid across the floor, upon her exposed chest and stomach; sharp stabbing pains filled her mind. With determination, Buffy pushed all the pain away, as she continued her slow trek towards the door, towards her freedom.


“Almost there…almost there!” Buffy’s mind screamed and cheered herself on, as she continued. She pushed away the sounds of battle, as she finally reached the portal that would release her from this hell upon earth.

An ear-piercing roar thundered through the air. Out of her peripheral vision, Buffy witnessed the stunned vampiress, clutch her chest, just where the wooden stake that she had produced, lay deep.

Drusilla’s demon receded immediately, as her now turquoise gaze beheld her sire. Prior to her body bursting into dust, a single word fell from her trembling lips. “Daddy?” With that, she was gone.

Despite this minor distraction, Buffy pulled her body passed the threshold of the bedroom, into the hallway. Instantly, iron grips encased her ankles, as she was forcefully hauled back into her personal hell. As if she was a feather upon the winds, she was flipped over onto her back. The wooden floor met the back of her skull, with a brutal ‘thwack’. Buffy’s vision doubled, as her brain shifted within her shaken skull.

Quickly, her gaze cleared, as Buffy started to flail about her legs, in an attempt to free herself from his hold. While he continued to pull her further into hell, Buffy grabbed at any object within her grasp to slow her movements, to no avail. Angelus’ hands released her ankles, and within an instant, they were around her throat, as she was viciously extracted from the floor. Buffy’s eyes widened, her mouth agape as she tried to breathe around his cruel grip. Her feet and hands tried to seek leverage, as she tried to pull away.

Angelus’ battered face, was a hairsbreadth away, as he growled his hateful words.

“Now that’s everything, huh? No weapons…No friends…No hope.”

Buffy’s eyes closed preparing for what was to come.

“Take all that away…and what’s left?”


**** ****

Several miles away, Giles and Xander located Spike. The vamp was still burning a streak through the streets; his demon actively searching for its mate. Each male called out to Spike, but he refused to yield. Finally, they reached him when his steps started to falter. Regardless, he continued his quest.

Spike’s mind and body burned, as he continued to push himself. Despite the pain, despite the hunger, Buffy was all that mattered. His heavy steps met with the pavement in a strong tattoo, until a tidal wave of emotions pervaded him, pain, fear, despair, and regret. Under this new weight, Spike began to stagger.

The edges of his mind curled inwards feeling his connection begin to secede from his mate. Spike struggled to maintain this connection, to no avail. As a dandelion clocks upon the summer winds, all parts of his mind linked to Buffy seemed to disperse and float away.


**** *****


Angelus’ words still hung in the air, as he sunk his fangs into Buffy’s already shredded throat. With deep pulls, he continued to consume her life’s essence. Her limbs became heavy and numb, her mind swam. Buffy could feel her heart slow as Angelus continued to feast upon her blood.

The once hearty tattoo of her heart, slowed several beats, before Angelus extracted his fangs from her tattered throat. As Buffy hovered in the realm between the living and dead, Angelus golden gaze stared upon the once mighty Slayer within the confines of his arms.

Angelus exposed his wrist, to his razor-sharp incisor. With a minimal puncture, his blood began to well. Angelus placed his lips upon his flesh, and pulled a small amount of blood, within his mouth. He then proceeded to place his bloodied mouth upon Buffy’s slack lips. With greedy tongue and lips, he worked his essence into her body. Angelus gave Buffy a final kiss…the kiss of death.

*** ****

Instantly, Spike’s knees struck the ground violently, he crumbled under the weight of this new realization, which scorched him mind and body. An inhuman roar, released from deep within the recesses of his being, announced to all, his mate…was gone. The howls and cries of his loss continued, as rivers of salty tears flowed heavily from his golden eyes. Before the darkened world, this mighty Master vampire vowed…vengeance.


Chapter End Notes:
Just remember...life is not all sunshine and rainbows, especially in Sunnydale! There always has to be dark, if there is light. Review tell me whatcha think...good, bad or otherwise!