Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope everyone enjoys!!!! thank you Sanityfair for checking my ramblings and DreamScape99
Monday mid-morning…

Giles stood among his private stacks searching for references in regard to Spike and his century old paramour, Drusilla. Once Spike had literally crashed upon the scene at Parent Teacher’s Night, he and his paramour became pivotal players in the Hellmouth. Giles was determined to gather all the pertinent information needed in ultimately defeat these new threats.

As the library door swung inwards, Giles put aside his books to meet the new guest. His breath caught at the sight before him.

“Good lord Buffy, what has happened to you?” Giles gasped, rushing to her slightly swaying form. Buffy was dressed in drab gray sweat pants and a matching baggy sweatshirt. Her normally glowing flaxen hair was dull, and pulled into a loose ponytail. Wayward strands hung limply next to her pallid face. Her lips appeared to be chapped; with several deep cracked lines that looked as if they had bled at one point. She appeared to be severely dehydrated.

“Hey, not feeling too good. I’ve been in bed since Halloween night. Mom wanted to take me to the doctor, but I convinced her otherwise. Well, until I puked again this morning, after a small sip of tea. Now I’m doctor bound. I convinced her to let me collect my work from school. Luckily, she still falls for the pouty lip, or I wouldn’t be here. I only have twenty minutes while mom runs to the gallery. My one question to you Giles is, what the hell is happening to me?” Buffy asked as she slowly pulled the large, dark lenses of her Jackie O’s glasses from her face.

Giles azure gaze widened further as he saw what appeared before him. Large bluish-black crescent shaped blemishes stained her pale skin lying below her listless, green eyes.

Giles gently placed his arm around her upper back as he escorted her to the closest library chair. Buffy silently thanked him with a glance. They sat in brief silence before Giles spoke.

“My dear, you mentioned Halloween. Were you also affected by the spell placed on the town by Ethan Rayne?”

“Yeah, I became the Queen of the Damned,” Giles’ eyebrows lifted in want of an explanation, she then proceeded. “Long story short, the costume I was supposed to wear, well let’s just say I had a major wardrobe malfunction. This was of the good, because if it had been worn it, I would have meant a meal for every vampire out there. A coiffed debutante doesn’t make good with the ass kicking. Anyway, I decided I would go as a …vampire,” Buffy whispered the last word.

Giles pulled his glasses from his face as he started to polish them with his ever-ready white hanky. Continuing to clean, he asked,

“What were you thinking? So you became a vampire? A slayer became what she was made to kill?” Giles scoffed.

“Look Giles, you said that Halloween was like Christmas to vamps. They all take the day off! Plus, how was I to know that some creepy guy was going to place a spell on Halloween costumes?!? What’s next? People can’t leave milk and cookies out for Santa. This might welcome some snack monster to attack! Plus, I was not made to kill. I became a slayer because some stuffy Watcher guys decided they wanted evil to be fought. Not by themselves, but by somebody else, a teenage girl no less while they sit on their pompous, lazy British asses in England!” Buffy snapped as she glared at Giles.

As Giles watched his young slayer speak, he swore her eyes flashed gold. However, quickly as this appeared it was gone. Giles replaced his glasses upon his heavily concerned face. Reaching forward and placing his hand tenderly upon Buffy’s clenched fist, he spoke.

“Buffy, I’m truly sorry. That was completely insensitive on me. Of course you would have never known that Ethan was going to cast a spell with the help of Janus, Greek god of gates, doors, beginnings and ends. So he then in turn could cause chaos on Halloween. More importantly, I apologize in referring to you in such a manner, please forgive me?” Giles asked as he squeezed her now loosened hand affectionately.

“I’m sorry too. It’s just ever since that night I’ve been feeling horrible. My head hurts. It feels like the blood is swooshing and spinning around, and that my brain is in the rinse cycle of a washing machine. My eyes burn, when they're exposed to any type of light, especially sunlight. I’m always cold. No matter what I do, no matter what clothes I wear or how many blankets I have on. And my stomach, I’m starving, but anytime I eat, I puke. Mom says it’s the flu, but I thought that Slayers don’t get sick. Could it be a mystical flu? Or is it just my body freaking out because I was technically dead, well again, but for a longer period of time. Could it be not of the happy that I was a vampire?” Buffy asked as her lip quivered. Tears started to well in her eyes.

“Buffy, I will research this. I promise you. You only have a few more moments before your mother comes to fetch you. Let me ask you this, did anything strange happen?” Buffy raised her eyebrows, as Giles furthered his explanation. “Besides you becoming a vampire? Were you with any other vamps? Did you feed on human blood?” Giles asked his increasingly upset Slayer. Buffy closed her eyes briefly, as warm tears flowed down her ashen cheeks. Her mind flashed to that night.


“Come to me, be in me Spike.”


Buffy thought to ask Giles "Now when you say ‘with’?" But she decided against it. She decided to answer one of his other questions. “No, I didn’t feed on human blood. Yeah, I met up with another vamp…umm…” Buffy stuttered.

“Who, Angel? Buffy it is of the utmost importance that I know everything, so I can research what is happening to you,” Giles explained firmly.

“No, it wasn’t Angel. I haven’t seen him since before Halloween. I met up with another vamp…umm…Spike,” Buffy whispered.

“Good Lord Buffy! Are you all right? Was he alone? Was Drusilla there? Did you fight? What exactly happened? What…” Giles' questions happened in rapid succession. Buffy’s head swirled from all these questions bombarding her already hazy mind.

“Whoa, Giles! My mind is at the basic level of tree pretty, fire bad. All these questions, it’s just too much. My head feels like a festive piñata on Cinco de Mayo already, and you’re so not helping,” Buffy moaned as she grasped her head.

“Buffy, are you?” That was all she heard as right before everything went black. As her mind shut down, Buffy slipped from the wooden chair and landed heavily upon the library floor.




“ Willow, get the nurse…now!” Giles barked. Willow immediately turned and raced out of the library, as Xander stood motionless taking in the sight before him.

“Xander call Mrs. Summers, try the Gallery. Tell her what happened and to meet us at Sunnydale hospital. Go now!” With that Xander ran into Giles’ office and started to frantically flip through the phonebook. The nurse, followed by Willow in tow, entered into the library. Giles could hear Xander urgently speaking to, he would assume, Buffy’s mom on the phone.



Across town, Spike paced like a caged panther in what was now ‘his’ room, since Dru had banished him from their bed. Spike knew that he completely deserves her treatment, despite how much it pissed him off. He understood that he had shamed her, and traded bodily fluids with another woman. Well not just another woman, the Slayer. Spike realized that he was lucky to still be of the walking undead, and not floating on the warm Santa Ana winds.

If Dru were healthy at this present time, he would be tied up right now suffering sweet torture by holy water, her talons and fangs. Spike noticed that his cock laid limp and motionless, as these thoughts pervaded his mind. He was perplexed and angered. Those thoughts of being in the hands of his wicked Dru would normally cause an impressive erection that would press roughly against his denims, now there was nothing. At that moment, in his mind’s eye, the raven hair and aquamarine eyes of Drusilla melted into the golden tresses and green eyes of the Slayer. With thoughts of the Slayer, his cock swelled twofold with borrowed blood, as the zipper bit into his alabaster skin.


Spike grabbed the nearest breakable object, a battered old chair that was his makeshift bed, and violently threw it against the wall. As the broken pieces of wood and metal scattered, Spike was almost knocked off his feet. His mind began to reel. Spike braced himself against an old metal office desk as he closed his eyes, against this mental assault. After several moments the spinning stopped and he opened his cerulean eyes.

“Bloody ‘ell! What is happening to me?” Spike growled and started to pace the barren room. “It’s all that bitches fault! Ever since Halloween my undead life has been in shambles. The woman I love and have been devoted to for over a hundred years has shunned me. My stomach gnaws in my gut, no matter how much blood I consume and when I do feed the blood tastes foul! Like the blood of some filthy animal!”

Spike tried to complete the task Dru had given him but to no avail. He would leave the warehouse hell bent on bringing her the head of the slayer, only to get as far as the center of Sunnydale and decide to kill another. As their wretched blood covered his palate, he would almost gag. The rage that consumed him, from this reaction, only made him bite harder.

Another issue that Spike faced was that he hadn’t sensed her at all since Halloween. Usually he would get tingles if the Slayer close by, or he would smell her heady scent of vanilla, sunshine and raw mystical power. “Maybe she’s dead?” Spike thought brusquely.

After several beats, Spike’s mind began to fill with dread. His vampire visage flashed forward sensing trouble that saturated his whole body. Lighting quick he ran to Drusilla’s room, even though his blood called for him to run outside. As he flung open the bedroom door, he noticed Drusilla’s sleeping quietly under the soft white comforter. Her dark lashes brushed against her pale skin as they covered her intense eyes. Her raven hair fanned over the milky-colored pillow, like a black halo. Miss Edith’s body was clutched to her chest as she peacefully slept. Spike’s undead heart skipped a beat at the beautiful, tranquil sight before him. Before she could sense him, Spike quietly exited the room and gently shut the door. As he walked to ‘his’ room, his mind filled with questions, as his body urged him to find her, the Slayer.



Spike was strangely becoming comforted that it was daylight, so it couldn’t be a demon or a vamp, which caused distress to his possible mate. Also, since she had that pesky Watcher, and the unusual mixture of family and friends, he knew they would care for her. Instantly, his demon screamed and clawed at his mind “She is your mate! She is yours and yours alone to care for!”

Spike continued to pace as he fought with his own body, more specifically his blood that called out for her. Spike knew that it was still daylight, and he would be a pillar of fire before he could take three steps out into the sun.

He should be fast asleep clutching his dark princess to his muscular chest as they waited for the night. The night brought about the magnificent time for them to feed and cause chaos. Instead his mind was saturated with thoughts of this tiny, fierce warrior that had now wormed herself into his undead life.

Luckily, the demon did hold its own self-preservation above the bond, but only slightly. He knew once the sun dipped past the horizon it would force him outside to search for his mate.


Chapter End Notes:
Love those reviews!!!!