Author's Chapter Notes:
I posted Chapter 5 yesterday. Yes.....two chapters in less than one day.....busy little beaver am I! Thanks again to Sanityfair, beta extraordinaire!
The following morning, due to her, as the medical staff deemed, amazing recovery, Buffy was released from the hospital. She returned home and enjoyed being pampered by her mom throughout the day. Her mom gave her full jurisdiction of the remote control and the programs they watched. She also bestowed on her many tasty morsels, now that Buffy’s appetite had made a comeback. She still had the small hum of discomfort that was housed in her head and the light still bothered her eyes, but donned in her favorite shades and a little Tylenol did the trick. After the relaxing day, Buffy told her mom that she wanted to retire early, due to the last few stressful days.

Buffy took a long hot shower and entered her bedroom in a snuggly, white terry cloth robe. Once inside, she quickly dressed in comfortable jeans and a heavy cable-knit sweater. She waited, covers pulled up to her chin, as she knew that her mother would be checking on her shortly. On cue, her bedroom door slowly opened. As she pretended to be asleep, Buffy felt her mother’s loving gaze from the doorway. After several beats, the door closed with a soft click that signaled her departure. After Buffy counted to one hundred, she pulled herself from the cocoon of fabric, placed a pair of comfortable leather boots on her feet in preparations to leave.

Buffy chose her normal slayer exit, the window. As she scaled down the side of the house, the frosty, late autumn air felt absolutely amazing. It ruffled her golden hair, brushed against her tepid skin and filled her lungs with its coolness. This was a welcomed reprieve, after being cooped up for almost a week.



The swings swayed in the crisp autumn air, gave the place an eerie quality. Despite this, Buffy was drawn to all the childhood favorites. Buffy slid down the slide several times and even spun on the merry-go-round. Several minutes passed until her inner child cried out for the swings. As she skipped towards them, a slight giggle left her mouth. Buffy anticipated the feel of the wind to surround her, as she climbed higher and higher into the nighttime sky. After some tentative pumps with her toned legs, Buffy went for it with gusto.

This is where Angel found her ten minutes later, her legs furiously pumping as she reached the utmost heights. She appeared close to flipping around the bar that held the swings, but she remained contained. A huge grin graced her full lips as a childlike chortle spilled forward. On the upswing, Buffy noticed Angel as he approached. With one final swing, she leapt from the seat, gracefully somersaulted mid-air and landed with her arms above her head like a gymnast, and she shouted “TA DA!!!”

“Hey, Angel how’s it going?’ Buffy asked between slight pants and leftover giggles.

“Where have you been, Buffy?” Angel asked slightly angered.

“I’m sorry. I’ve had quite a full week being bed bound and hospitalized!” Buffy snapped.

“What happened?” Angel asked as he rushed forward and placed his hands on her upper arms.

Instantly, Angel’s human guise shifted quickly into game face. He roughly pushed Buffy behind his brawny form as his head frantically moved to locate the danger that he sensed.

“Angel! What the hell are you doing?” Buffy blasted.

“Hush! I smell him. Smell Spike. I need to take you out of here now!” Angel growled as he tried to pull Buffy by the arm in attempts to exit the playground. Buffy yanked her arm out of his grasp, as she stood her ground seething.

“Who do you think you are, my fucking savior? I don’t need you to protect me, especially from Spike!” Buffy yelled.

With fury that seeped from his body, Angel stalked closer. As his nostrils flared, the danger, now an irritant that he had smelled earlier permeated her skin. Again Angel grabbed her upper arm tightly and growled.

“Why do you smell like Spike? Answer me!” Angel demanded. Buffy again pulled from his steel grasp.

Once she regained control of her arm again, Buffy placed her hands upon his heaving chest and harshly shoved him away. Angel’s form launched into mid air. The loud crunch of metal as it bent filled the open space. Buffy saw his body cradled in the twisted metal of the slide that was located twenty feet away. She stalked over to him, where he laid stunned.

“I don’t have to answer to you! My body, My business!” Buffy snarled as two razor-sharp fangs blossomed from her gums. Her once charteuse eyes changed to a golden hue.

Angel’s vampire visage slid away as his now chocolate gaze held her golden one.

“Buffy, how…..why…is your face….?” Angel stuttered

“What? Over two-hundred years and you’ve never been confronted by someone who is completely brassed off! I know you’ve seen fear and panic. Since you were such a bastard, I’m not surprised you’re not familiar with this look!” Buffy fumed.

“Unfortunately, I am too familiar with that look, just not on the face of the slayer,” Angel explained.

“Look Angel, I’m so sick of your cryptic messages. Just say what you mean!” Buffy fumed as she continued to loom over his fallen form.

“Fine, you want it straight Buffy. Run your tongue over your teeth. Tell me what you feel?” Angel instructed.

“Whatever!” Buffy snorted as she followed his instruction as she ran her tongue over her teeth. As the muscle snagged on a now incredibly sharp incisor, her eyes widened. Buffy then placed her fingers into her mouth as they followed the path that her tongue previously took. Her fingertip glided over the now serrated teeth. As she pulled her fingertip away she noticed a small bead of blood.


“Angel, why do I have fangs?” Buffy whispered. Angel extracted his body from the metal, as he now stood before her now shaking form. He looked at her for several moments before he spoke.

“Who turned you?” Angel asked with a slight bite in his tone.

“Nobody! I’m not a vampire! Listen, can’t you hear my heartbeat? The undead don’t have a working ticker!” At this declaration, Buffy started to cry. As the tears fell, her vampire visage faded. Angel placed his finger under her chin and lifted her face towards his.

“Buffy, I know this is all too confusing. Even after everything I’ve seen in over two hundred years, this is completely new. Have you spoken to Giles about this?”

“My plan was to meet him after I patrol.” Buffy sniffled as she pulled her face from his grasp. As her head turned away from his prying eyes, the pale column of her throat flashed in the moonlight. Angel’s demon roared forward again as he saw the two puckered marks that marred her neck.

“Did Spike do this to you?” Angel snarled as he recognized the owner of these bite marks. Angel grabbed her chin to examine her closer. Buffy jerked away from his rough hold.

“Angel, like I said my body, my business!” Buffy rumbled back as her fangs and demon eyes reappeared.

“Not when it comes to my childe you don’t have that right!” Angel's growl echoed.

“Don’t you dare threaten him or me! If I find out that you have touched one bleached lock on his head, I will dust you myself!” With that declaration, Buffy’s roundhouse kick knocked Angel off his feet. Angel slid across the frozen ground and Buffy fled into the night.


When Buffy arrived at the library, Giles was hit with a flurry of words and a whirlwind of movements. After almost ten minutes of her rants, Giles interrupted with a question.

“So you’re saying, Angel claimed that your features had shifted? He maintained you had fangs and golden demon eyes?”

“Yeah, he said I looked like a vamp without the ridges. Giles I felt them, I felt the, my fangs,” Buffy explained.

“Good lord! Maybe this is a side effect of when you became a vampire on Halloween. However, the question remains, why only you? Neither Willow nor Xander has had any lasting ill effects. Nor have I heard from my source at Sunnydale Hospital of an influx of people being seen due to unexplained ailments. Buffy, we never did complete our conversation that day due to…..” Giles stated as he pulled his glasses from his face. As he began to polish the already clean lenses Buffy responded.

“Me taking an unplanned nap? Yeah, I guess we didn’t. So what do you want to know?”

“You were telling me about your confrontation with Spike, when you fainted. What exactly happened with him?”

This question rolled around in her mind before she spoke. Her embarrassment held her tongue, but her mind craved, no, needed answers. In the end, she told him the bare essentials.

“I fed from him.” Buffy blurted out, so quickly the words blended together. Despite the jumble of words, Giles’ eyes widened as the words slowly seeped into his mind. Giles replaced his glasses quickly as his voice uncharacteristically bellowed.

“You what? Was this while you were a vamp yourself?”

“Of course! Otherwise, ewww!” Buffy stated as her face scrunched at the thought.

“So that may be the key to your….your changes.” Giles stated.

“How so?”

“You may be turning Buffy.” Giles informed her.

“To a vamp! No way! I still have a reflection! I can still go outside in the sun! I still have a soul and a heartbeat! I’m not of the undead!” Buffy yelled. Suddenly sharp fangs descended, as her eyes flashed a demony gold. Giles's eyes widen at the sight before him.

“Buffy, do you feel that?” Giles asked as he studied her new visage.

“Feel what? Being pissed yeah! How come all the men in my life are so surprised that I can get really friggin’ angry!” Buffy snarled.

“No Buffy. It’s not that you’re angry that I’m commenting on. Please let me show you.” Giles guided her to a darkened outside window in order to hopefully cast her reflection in the glass. Only his showed.

“My god! You have no reflection!” Giles gasped.

“Yes…yes I do!” Buffy roared

“I’m sorry Buffy. Look, no reflection.” As Buffy gazed at the empty spot where her reflection should be, tears started to fall from her golden eyes. As the anguish washed over her, her eyes closed. After several moments her vampire visage slowly started to melt away. Buffy heard another gasp from Giles, before he instructed her to open her eyes. She opened one eye then opened the other. There, in the glass, was her reflection once more.

“Amazing! It seems you are able to cast a reflection only when you hold your human guise. Buffy please let’s sit down. We need to discuss this further.”


An hour later….


“So are you saying I’m some sort of slayer/vampire hybrid?” Buffy inquired with disbelief.

“Yes, that is my hypothesis. This is why the sunlight bothers your eyes, but you are still able to enter its rays. It explains why you are always cold also, could be why your vampire visage is only fangs and golden eyes, without the customary prominent ridges. Why you’ve retained your heartbeat. I’m unsure about your headaches. Maybe your change has left you anemic as the doctors had summarized. Buffy the fact remains, you’re not fully human anymore, nor are you a vampire,” Giles explained as he held his Slayer’s shaky hand.

“Great! Just Great! Have you ever heard of this before? Possibly, in one of your moldy books?” Buffy asked as she wiped with the hand that Giles didn’t clutch, then slowly dried tears from her cheeks.

“To be completely honest, I’ve never heard of this before. However, don’t lose faith, this doesn’t mean that it has never happened. I’ll research this immediately,” Giles stated as he placed a final pat on Buffy’s hand as he then let it go.

“You do that Watcher. While you’re at it, don’t you think there’s something else that he should be also researching, sweetheart?” Spike sneered as he stalked out from the shadows of the library stacks. His feral gaze fell onto Buffy.

Giles stood quickly and pulled a small compact crossbow from behind a stack of books that was located on the library table and pointed it directly at Spike’s chest.

As Spike slowly descended the staircase, his voice was filled with mocking as he spoke.

“Now, now Watcher. You may want to remove your twitchy digit from the trigger. If that arrow leaves the bow, my dust won’t be the only life that may end,” Spike explained, as he finally stood level with the now standing Buffy and Giles.

“Buffy what is he yammering about?” Giles demanded an answer from her, as his eyes never left Spike, as Spike moved slowly and methodically throughout the room.

“Oh, you didn’t tell him dear heart? I’m crushed, that you didn’t announce our eternal commitment.” Spike sneered as his hand placed over his undead heart, to mock hurt feelings. Both men looked to Buffy. Then she blurted out.

“He drank from me too.” In pure shock, Giles’ hand that held the crossbow, smacked against his thigh, as he landed in a graceless heap into the chair, he once occupied.

“And…..” Spike urged Buffy’s continuance.

“And we also said ‘mine’ while we did it.” Buffy’s eyes widened as a feral lusty grin that graced Spike’s predatory features from the implications of ‘it’. She quickly amended the sentence to “While we fed.” Spike’s grin grew wider, as Giles’ face became ashen due to her words.

“Buffy, this may mean….” Giles began.

“Yeah, yeah we know. We’re mated. Already figured that much out Watcher. The why and more importantly how to break the claim, are the burning questions that we need answered,” Spike explained to the shaken man before him.

Giles stood on shaky legs as he started to walk over toward his office as he spoke.

“I will have to research this further. We must be vigilant, but secretive about this. If the counsel or the demon population finds out about this, there is no telling what may befall you. Either of you,” Giles explained as he stopped in the doorway of his office.

Both Spike and Buffy rolled his thoughts around in their brains before Spike responded.

“Watcher for an intelligent man, you seem to have a difficult time with the basics,” Spike stated bluntly.

“Do pray to tell me what I have overlooked Spike,” Giles responded.

“The pounding in the Slayer’s noggin is the beautiful melody that lulls us vamps to sleep and is our alarm that greets us in the night. Human heartbeats. She hears the siren song of blood,” Spike explained.

“That is bloody ridiculous!” Giles blasted.

“Don’t be a fool Watcher! It’s all about the blood. It’s always about blood. Her body craves it. She needs it to survive,” Spike declared.

“No! I don’t crave blood! And don’t talk about me like I’m not here!” Buffy growled as her fangs descended, eyes flashed gold.

“Your body begs to differ Slayer. All fangs and fury, bloody gorgeous you are.” Spike purred as he stalked closer to her. Buffy noticed his motions and started to side step his advancement, as she walked a few steps closer to Giles.

“I hate to admit it Giles, but it kinda makes sense. The pounding gets worse the more people I’m around. I didn’t hear it at all when I was alone with Angel or Spike. In addition, after I received the transfusion it lessened considerably,” Buffy explained.

Spike’s demon roared forward as he pulled her body roughly against his with lightning-quick speed. Unlike Angel, she didn’t fight him as he wound his fist into her hair. Spike brought her face a hairs breadth away from his as he growled.

“When were you with the ponce?”

“Who? Angel?” Buffy gasped, as his grip verged on pain mixed with pleasure.

“Yes. You are mine Slayer! I forbid you to go near him again! Do you understand?” Spike snarled. Buffy began to struggle against his steel grip.

Spike then leaned forward and ran his raspy tongue against his marks that marred her throat. Buffy’s body immediately stilled as she melted into his arms. Her breaths quickened, the blacks of her pupils swallowed the charteuse irises, as pure lust filled her gaze.


In a flash, Spike’s aim shot out. Suspended from his powerful hand, was a now flailing Xander. Xander’s hands frantically pawed at the iron grasp that surrounded his throat, while his legs sought purchase on the ground near the fallen stake, he once held. Spike’s gaze moved from Buffy’s desire-filled features to Giles.

“Watcher, I may be lenient to your demand to keep your Slayer safe. This courtesy does not extend to others. Especially, the boy here,” Spike growled as he shoved Xander away. As Xander skittered across the floor, his hand flew frantically to his throat as he gasped for air. After several deep breaths, his raspy voice filled the air.

“Giles? Buffy? What is going on? Why is he still here and not dust?” Xander questioned.

“Xander, pp…please go. We’re fff…fine,” Buffy moaned as her body still shook from Spike’s earlier ministrations.

“But…..!” Xander started.

“Xander, you foolish boy! Leave Now!” Giles's voice stormed. After several quick glances at all parties before him, Xander quickly stumbled to his feet and ran from the library.

“Ahhh….there’s the Ripper that I’ve heard about. Nice to meet ya.” Spike chuckled as his vampire façade melted away.

“Piss off Spike!” Giles snarled.

“Learn your manners Watcher. My compliment to you is not to be mistaken with camaraderie,” Spike growled.

Spike could sense Buffy’s haze as it started to dissipate. He then placed another impassionate lick upon the column of her throat. His tongue flickered several times over his puckered marks. Lust blasted through her body again, as his talented mouth rendered sheer bliss upon her flesh. Buffy’s hands grasped his leather-encased biceps to anchor her lust-filled body. A pleasure-filled moan flowed from her parted lips. Her eyes rolled and were then covered by heavy lids. Spike’s mouth hovered by the shell of her ear as he purred.

“Slayer, I can smell your arousal. Bloody intoxicating. I crave to be cock and fang deep in your sweet body.” With that Spike rolled his hips into hers, as his cock brushed against her heated core. “Unfortunately, work needs to be done. Play class with your Watcher, for now. Just know that I will be coming for you, very soon.” With that he slowly pulled away from her, as he left her disoriented as he slowly stalked up the stairs as he disappeared into the stacks.

Giles rushed forward to support his unsteady Slayer. He gently placed her into her seat, as he knelt in front her.

Eyes black with desire, breathing rapid, flushed face. Giles knew beyond all certainty what Spike had claimed was true. His Slayer was mated with a vampire. Mated with Spike.


Chapter End Notes:
love all reviews!!!!