Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope everyone enjoys! Have a Great Turkey Day!!!! Big Thanks Sanityfair, as always!
The couple was in blissful slumber when the dawn broke, Spike remained clasped to Buffy’s breast as her hand remained on the base of his neck. Despite her attempts to block all the sun’s harmful rays, a small beam streaked into the room. During the evening, neither moved very much. Except that Spike had happened to kick back the covers, now his legs were exposed. On his left leg, the jeans rode up his calf, revealing his alabaster skin. The shaft of light landed on this small patch of bare flesh.

Throughout the evening, Spike’s mind had been clear, at peace. Soon it was filled with dreams of the sun kissing his skin. At first he was frightened, terrified, as he searched for cover, finding none. Unwilling to cower, he looked up at the flaming ball of death, arms spread wide. Several moments passed and nothing, he felt only warmth and safety. Moments later he felt his flesh become hot, not burning, but extremely heated. Since the incident with Drusilla happened less than twenty-four hours prior, his demon burst forward due to these memories.

Spike jumped from the safe haven of Buffy’s arms and landed in the darkened corner of her bedroom. He crouched low to the ground and gave a loud feral growl. Buffy woke with a start, to see what had pulled her from such a peaceful sleep; through hazy eyes, she spotted Spike.


“Spike? What happened? Why are you over there?” Buffy asked as she slowly approached the enraged vamp. His golden eyes narrowed as he tried to focus on the woman before him. His demon was screaming to tear her to shreds, but his mind told him that this was his mate, Buffy, not Drusilla.

“Spike, please you’re scaring me. I’m not going to hurt you. Can you tell me what happened?” Buffy whispered as she continued to approach him. Her Slayer instincts were flaying inside her mind, screaming to get away. Her heart was telling her that this was her mate, and that she needed to protect and comfort him, as of late, her heart won out. As Spike’s chest heaved with unneeded breath, he started to whine like an injured animal. She noticed that he was favoring his left leg.

His demon slowly receded away, and he began to relax, sliding down the wall. He pulled his legs up to his chest, his cerulean eyes showing his pain.

“Spike, is it your mouth?” Buffy asked. He quickly shook his head no. For the first time, she noticed where the charred flesh once was; it appeared that her blood was working. The area was bright red and several blisters dotted along his skin, overnight he had healed quite a bit.

“Ok so it’s not your mouth, what’s wrong then?” Buffy asked as she squatted in front of his seated form. Spike slowly brought his leg down from his chest and pulled up his left pant leg. A red welt had appeared on his pale skin resembling the flesh around his mouth and throat.

“Did she do that too?” Buffy asked as her eyes flashed gold. Spike shook his head ‘no’ and pointed towards the window. As Buffy turned her head, she noticed a stream of light coming into her room. Her eyes widened as she started to apologize.

“Oh Spike. I’m so sorry! I thought I covered the whole window. I’m so sorry, please forgive me.” Buffy pleaded as tears formed on her bottom lids. Spike slid forward and placed his hand on her cheek. He shook his head and the expression in his gaze told her that it was all right, not to worry. Buffy responded.

“But you could have been burned or worse.” Buffy whispered. Spike pulled his pant leg up again and showed her the burn. His brow furrowed as he noticed it should be a lot worse than it was; the sun had been up for over fifteen minutes. He’d been in the corner for approximately ten; that meant that his skin was in the sun’s rays for over five minutes. In that amount of time, he should have caught fire.

Spike stood from the floor and started to approach the window cautiously. He hadn’t been in the sun for over a hundred years. He’d come too close a few times, but not on purpose, and he definitely didn’t ever consider doing what he was about to do. Well, there was that one time to show up Angelus, but that doesn't really count.

Spike stood off to the side of the ray, after several moments, he placed his palm in the direct path of the beam of light. He stood there waiting to burst into flames, or at least begin to smoke. Nothing. He could feel the heat of the sun warming his flesh. It felt wonderful. He felt like a lizard bathing in the midday sun. Buffy watched in awe at the sight before her.

Approximately, five minutes later, he felt the patch of skin start to burn, so he pulled his hand away. As Spike studied his hand, Buffy, who was now standing behind him, looked also in amazement. The area matched the flesh that was on his leg. A red band of burnt skin. Not charred. Not smoking. Only burnt. It resembled a bad sunburn, which one would have from a day at the beach. Well, what he had understood humans received on a hot summer’s day.

“I know that I’m new with this being a vamp thing, but aren’t you supposed to be all blaze of glory now?” Buffy joked.

Spike looked at her as his eyes twinkled with mirth. Buffy smiled as she stated.

“Maybe this is from us being mated or the drinking of my blood? I know I’ve been experiencing some weird stuff too. Like my eyes freaking out with the sunlight and my extra strength that’s above and beyond the basic Slayer package. Oh and last night I said ‘bloody hell’ when I was pissed at Giles for hitting me with a quarterstaff during training. And let’s not forget that after that, I knocked him to the ground and wanted to tear his throat out. Yeah, good times.” Buffy huffed. Spike’s scarred eyebrow shot up as she could tell that he found info quite funny.

“It’s not funny Spike! I did! I wanted to attack him! How can I patrol Sunnydale against vampires, if I want to join the feast?” Buffy sulked as she plopped down on the bed. Spike’s shoulder shrugged as he sat next to her. After several beats, she looked at him and spoke.

“Well, I have to get going to school soon. You can stay here and rest. Nobody will bother you here. First things first though, you need to feed again.” Buffy explained. Spike shook his head ‘no’ as his gaze never left hers.

“Spike, don’t give me a hard time. You can’t get better without blood, and what you have told me, its primo.” Buffy stated as she looked at him, features set.

Spike’s gaze filled with a look she hadn’t seen, desire. She could tell what he wanted her, and she wanted him too. The thoughts of throwing her on the bed and have his wicked way with her pervaded her mind. Since he was injured that would have to wait. ‘Rats!’ her inner slut yelled.

Trying to keep her focus on anything but his desire-filled eyes, Buffy looked at the palm that she had cut before as she spoke.

“Look, obviously you have far worse damage than a burnt face and throat, since you don’t even want to talk. Which hey, is a big time first, but I think it’s best if you feed again. Then when I come back from school, we’ll take it from there.” Buffy commented as she continued to stare at the small line that marred her palm where the knife had sliced into her flesh last night.

"I’m healing much quicker, even than before with Slayer healing. I guess with the combo vamp/slayer abilities, I heal super quick." Buffy's thoughts were interrupted when Spike placed his fingers under her chin and brought her face towards his.

As their gazes met, an unspoken conversation passed between them. After several moments, Spike nodded his head, as Buffy stood to get another knife. When she returned several minutes later, Spike had his other hand in the sun’s rays. His eyes were closed and if she wasn’t mistaken, a small smiled graced his injured lips. He turned once she approached him and sat on the bed.

Buffy stood close to his seated form, as she opened her hand and placed the serrated edge to her flesh. Spike stared at her face intently.

"Bloody gorgeous, my mate. I never knew it could be like this." Spike thought as he looked at her with awe. Once the blade cut into her flesh, as the blood welled, Spike’s demon flashed forward. The change still brought pain, but it was considerably less. ‘Thanks to Buffy.’ Spike thought as he eyed her hand.

As an offering, she brought her hand to his mouth. Spike tenderly cupped her hand under hers. As he fed his thumb swirled softly over her pulse point, just the slightest touch of his mouth and thumb brought shudders through her body. Mindlessly, she reached up with her other hand, and started to play with the fine hairs at the base of his skull. As she watched the erotic sight before her, her eyes became heavy with desire.

As he fed, Spike could smell and feel her arousal. He desperately wanted to take her, satisfy her. Unfortunately Spike knew that he needed to heal before he could bring pleasures of the flesh to his mate. He brought his other hand around her petite waist as he gently urged her to sit upon his lap. Buffy immediately melted into his grasp as she rested her head on his shoulder as he continued to feed.

After several moments he pulled away, placed one tiny lick upon her palm. He then proceeded to place this hand upon her lap. Spike brought his arms around her, encircling her body. Buffy was then pulled into a rib-crushing hug, as the lovers enjoyed each other’s bodies. Spike felt slightly warmer due to her blood flowing through his veins.

Her eyes closed briefly as the thoughts of a “normal” life pervaded her mind. A normal life where she wasn’t the Slayer, or specifically a vamp/Slayer hybrid. A normal life where this man that held her in his arms wasn’t part of the Scourge of Europe, and he wasn’t over a hundred years old vampire. A normal life where they could be happy. No blood, no death, no evil. After several beats, her eyes fluttered open as she stared at the man in front of her. Buffy placed a soft chaste kiss upon his cheek, slowly stood, exiting the room without a word.

When Buffy returned almost forty-five minutes later, Spike was cocooned under her sheets. Even his platinum locks, was engulfed by the fabric. She assumed that he was sleeping, and she didn’t want to wake him. Buffy threw two heavier blankets over the windows and headed off to school. Her eyes fluttered open as she stared at the man in front of her. Buffy placed a soft chaste kiss upon his cheek, slowly stood, exiting the room without a word.


The day dragged by. Her mind kept returning to Spike and how he was faring. Her mind hummed with the returning headache. A few Tylenol helped a little, but the static still remained. Buffy tried to stay away from crowded areas, to no avail. Since this was a high school no quiet or unpopulated area was to be found. Well, there was the library, but after the incident with Giles, she wanted to avoid that place like the plague. She wasn’t ready to face him yet.

As her French teacher droned on and on about conjugating verbs or some such, her mind remembered the last fifteen hours. The closeness that she shared with him, sure thoughts of desire were there, but it was so much more. Ever since Halloween their relationship had been violent and lusty. Last night and this morning it wasn’t like that. They connected in more ways than with their bodies. Without thought she reached out mentally to him. She felt that he was calm, content and almost happy. These thoughts made it easier to complete the rest of the day.

Once the last bell rang, Buffy ran all the way home from school. As she entered the front door, a barefoot, shirtless, Adonis-like man standing in the foyer near the stairs greeted her. With a smirk on his now healed lips, Buffy returned it with a bright smile of her own.

“I see the undead English patient is doing better.” Buffy stated as she closed the door. As she slowly walked forward, she noticed that his skin was mostly healed. His lips were slightly cracked as if they were chapped and the surrounding skin still held a pink hue, but otherwise he was almost fully healed.

“Yeah, your blood works wonders,” Spike lisped. As his eyes rolled at his speech, Buffy stepped forward.

“Well, unless you’re auditioning for Daffy Duck, I wouldn’t say you’ve healed completely,” Buffy stated as she stood before him. As she tenderly placed her hand on his slightly pink tinted cheek, she asked.

“Let me see your mouth?” Buffy asked. Spike’s eyes filled with a renewed desire. Buffy felt this humming in her veins. Her eyes closed at the assault. As she willed her eyelids open she whispered.

“Please, I need to see the inside…..of your mouth.” As his gaze darkened slightly, he followed her instruction. Buffy tried to get her bearings from the barrage of desire, hers and his.

It was difficult to see completely into his mouth. First, since she was shorter that him, and secondly, he was only able to open a few inches. The hand on his cheek moved to his arm, as she guided him over to the stairs. As she stood on the bottom stair, they were almost eye-to-eye. Buffy took a deep steadying breath as she looked into his mouth. For the second time in less than a day, her breath caught in her throat.

As her eyes flashed gold, anger filled her to the core. His mouth was completely tattered. His tongue for what she could see was still charred and the tip was missing. His gums were bright red and swollen. Before she could say anything, Spike placed his hand on her face to calm her.

“It’s alright luv. I’m fine. It will take time to heal, but you’ve helped so much already. Don’t fret.” Spike murmured.

“Spike, she needs to be put down! The crazy bitch will taste the end of my stake!” Buffy fumed as her fangs started to descend. With this statement, Spike’s demon flared forward. As a fierce growl emitted from his chest, he spoke.

“Slayer, you will do no such thing! She is to remain unharmed, do you understand?” Spike roared. Buffy’s golden eyes widened at his demand. After everything, everything between them and what she had done, he still put her first. Well, that wouldn’t sit well with her. As she pushed away from him, she roared back.

“So that’s how it is? She almost kills you, I feed you my blood, and she’s what, forgiven! God you are so twisted!” With that she stormed up the stairs. Before she could slam her bedroom door shut, his hand held it open. Spike pushed himself inside, and then grabbed her by the upper arms.

“She has been my world for over a hundred years! You seem to forget that one little fact. I owe my undead life to her. True, turnabout is fair play she should be dusted. However, it won’t be by my hands, or yours. Do you understand that Slayer?” Spike growled.

“Yeah Spike, I get it. Loud and clear. Just you need to understand this I am what you call me, the Slayer and I have a job to do. That means that any vamp that gets in my way will meet a dusty end. You included.” With that Buffy pushed past him to head back downstairs. Spike stopped her in the hallway, by grabbing her arm. Reflexively her leg shot out and swept his feet from under him. As he lay sprawled in the hallway, her angry form hovered over him.

“Don’t ever grab at me! Do you understand? I will not be pushed around, not by you, not by anyone else! Got it!”

“Yeah, I do.” Spike whispered as his vampire visage melted away.

Buffy could feel waves of confusion and hurt roll off his form as he pulled himself off the floor, as he sat up with his back to the wall. She tried to ignore these feelings as she walked downstairs, but they slowed her steps. Finally, a mid way down, she stopped and looked up. With a deep huff, she turned and walked back up. Spike remained on the floor, her demon side disappearing, she approached him as she spoke.

“Look, I don’t want to fight. Whether we like it or not, we’re connected, until Giles can find a way to break the claim. These feelings we have between us are just that, the claim. Our hearts belong to others. Despite our disapproval of those choices, the fact remains, we have to work together. If that means me accepting that you are going to protect that psycho chick, then so be it. Now if we are done with our fight, I really need to nap or something my head is pounding.” Buffy stated as she walked over him and entered her bedroom.

Spike pulled himself from the floor as he followed her into the room. Her feelings and thoughts encased him as he felt all of them; hurt, anger, aggravation, and a slight hunger.

“Slayer, you need to feed. I assume that you haven’t since that night when you did from me. Am I right?” Spike asked as he approached her as she was lying on her side facing away from him.

“No, no hemoglobin since that night.” Buffy murmured.

“Well, even though you didn’t become a vamp under typical circumstances, you are still a fledgling. As a fledgling you need to feed every day or at the least every other day. It’s been longer than that, and you're feeding me, your starving. In addition to you being with all the young Happy Meals all day, I’m surprised that your head didn’t blow off your shoulders.” Spike stated as he sat on the bed close to her.

“Well, I’m not going to be biting my fellow Sunnydaleans if that is what you’re suggesting.” Buffy snapped.

“You have to. If you go too long, you’ll fall into a blood lust. And when that happens, you’ll attack anyone that has the ruby red you’re craving, that includes your mum.” Spike stated. Buffy sat up quickly at his statement. Her eyes filled with horror at that thought. She looked to him and questioned.

“Then what can I do?” Buffy whispered.

“You didn’t seem to have an issue from feeding from me. Maybe that’s the way. I’ll feed from the populous, and you feed from me.” Spike explained brusquely.

“Spike I can’t have you killing people, so I can be fed! I hate that you do it for yourself and believe you, me, I’m still at war with myself that I haven’t dusted you yet. Never mind for killing for me! It would be like I have my fangs in their throats. I won’t do it!” Buffy snapped.

“Don’t be stubborn Slayer! You need to feed, this is the only way. Well, unless you want to feed from Fluffy down the street. Oh maybe tall, dark and forehead would lend a neck?” Spike growled as his vampire visage flashed again. The thoughts of her feeding from him made him fill with fury. Before she commented his demon receded.

“No, no dogs or cats or anything else on two or four legs that are furry, gross! Also, not really on good terms with Angel right now so his supplies and his neck are a no go.” Buffy explained.

“Fine that settles it then. My tasty throat is it. How about a compromise? I’ll feed, but I won’t kill?” Spike asked as his last question was muffled.

“What?” Buffy asked as her brow furrowed.

“I said, I’ll feed, but I won’t kill. It will take twice as many people, since I can’t drain them, and that I have to provide for you, but I could make it work. Well, if that’s what you want me to do?” Spike asked. Buffy thought several moments. As she looked into his azure gaze, she could see that he was telling the truth.

“Fine. Not the best answer to this conundrum, but it can work. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate this Spike. I prefer nobody being a donor, but that’s not realistic. So, thanks. Both my Slayer side and my pounding head thanks you,” Buffy said with a slight smile.

“No problem Slayer. So get some kip. When you wake, I’ll probably be gone. When I get back, we’ll do what needs to be done. Now, if you don’t mind, even though I am of the undead I hate smelling like one. I’m going to grab a shower.” With that Spike stood and exited the room.





Later that night at the Bronze……

“I really wish that Buffy would have reconsidered coming tonight.” Willow stated as she frowned into her soda. As she swirled the ice around with her straw, she looked up at her companion, Xander.

“Yeah, I know Wills. It’s just since she has traded to the dark side, she’s been sorta MIA, and I don’t just mean physically. When she’s around, she’s not really there. Do you know what I mean?” Xander asked as he took a brief sip of his drink.

“Yeah, I do. We use to tell each other everything, now nothing. I mean I know that she was in the hospital this week, big thing. However, when she came back to school yesterday and again today, she has been nonexistent. Besides our meeting on Thursday night, I haven’t spoken nor seen her since. How about you?” Willow asked Xander.

“Nada on the Buffy sightage,” Xander stated.

“She and Giles had seemed so secretive. I mean more secretive. Not she’s the secretive Slayer. On Thursday afternoon, when we were around, they were so tight lipped. I get the feeling that there is a lot that they're not telling us. I hate being out of the loop!” Willow huffed.

“Well, outside looking in, that is us.” Xander retorted.

As the pair sat in silence, they were completely unaware of a dark figure that watched their every move.

“Is Buffy here tonight?” Angel asked as he approached their table. Willow let loose at big ‘eep’, while Xander spat out his mouthful of soda. The duo glanced over to the brooding vamp next to them.

“Don’t do that!” Willow rushed out, as she held her hand to her chest.

“Yeah Deadboy, try to give some of us humans heads up before you approach them all stealthy like.” Xander blasted.

“Sorry. Well, is she here? I haven’t seen her patrolling or anywhere else for the past few days. I’m starting to really worry about her. The last time I saw her, we didn’t exactly part on the best of terms.” Angel explained.

“Well Deadboy, doesn’t that give you a clue that she doesn’t want to see you?” Xander snapped.

“Xander!” Willow hissed. “Sorry Angel. Xander, well he’s being Xander. We haven’t seen much of Buffy either. After her….ummm….illness, she hasn’t been around much of late.” Willow explained.

“So you know?” Angel inquired

“Do we know……?” Willow retorted, trying to coax his response.

“About Buffy’s……?” Angel responded, as he tried to coax hers.

“Look, we all know! We don’t have to go through the wink, wink, nudge, nudge routine! Yes, we all know that Buffy is playing on the undead team now!” Xander huffed

“Xander, ixnay on the ampirevay!” Willow hissed

“ Willow, I know. The last time I ran into her, she sorta became angry with me. In addition to swatting me around like I was a rag doll, I saw her game face.” Angel explained.

“Well, now that just the best thing I’ve heard all night!” Xander announced as he raised his glass in toast. Ignoring Xander, Willow continued.

“So what does this all mean? Giles and Buffy explain to us some of it, that Buffy’s some vamp/Slayer hybrid. She does have some of a vamp’s weaknesses, but also has some of their strengths. Well, I guess you got firsthand knowledge of that. However, Xander and I have so many more questions. Like how did she get this way? Was it from Halloween?” Willow questioned

“What happened at Halloween?” Angel asked with interest.

“You don’t know?” When Angel nodded ‘no’ she continued “I know Halloween is a night off for all that goes bump in the night, so you must have stayed home uh?” Willow asked to Angel. With a brief nod yes, she continued. “Well, we all purchased costumes from this place called Ethan’s. Well long story short, surprise, surprise, he was evil. All his costumes turned everyone into what they were dressed as. I was a real ghost, Xander an Army guy, Buffy…..”

“A vampire.” Angel finished her sentence.

“Yeah. Just for the record, to let you know, this costume was not her first, not even really a choice at all. The costume that she had picked out ripped. So she couldn’t wear it. Since we needed to get to Snyder’s voluntary/mandatory trick or treating thing, she had to get dressed fast. She originally was going to be a coiffed debutant.” Willow explained.

“Why would she choose…..” Willow looked at him with her eyebrow raised. “For me?” Angel asked.

“Yeah. Instead she wore fangs that were purchased from Ethan’s. Voila, instant vamp! After that night, Buffy became sick. I mean really sick. She ended up in the hospital, needed a blood transfusion. The doctors believed that she had anemia. From what Giles told us, she was in actuality, changing. Now she’s some part vamp, part Slayer. However, that is all we know. Giles and Buffy have been extremely tight lipped about everything. Sorry I can’t tell you more,” Willow stated.

“No, you’ve told me a lot. Like I said, last time I saw Buffy, we weren’t really discussing anything. Did Giles or Buffy say anything about Spike being involved?” Angel stated as he growled Spike’s name.

“No, nothing. We don’t know how she became part vamp. Was it from being bitten or just after effects from Ethan’s spell, they won’t say. Why do you ask?” Willow inquired.

“It’s just, I smelt Spike on her when I saw her last. At first I thought that he was close by. After a few moments, I realized that the smell came from….from her.” Angel explained.

“Why would she smell, and by the way, that smelling thing, kinda gross. Of Spike?” Willow asked with a furrow in her brow.

“Oooo….ooooo. I know this. Think brain think. I got it! One night this week, I went to the library. Giles and Buffy were there. So was Deadboy Jr. He had Buffy in his skanky arms, getting all close like. I tried to stake him. Well, needless to say, didn’t get too far. Anyway, Buffy begged me to leave. Then Giles yelled at me to leave. So I left. Does that help you any?” Xander asked.

“Yeah, that could be some of the explanation. I know you don’t want to hear this, but she also had marks. Bite marks, on her neck. They were Spike’s.” Angel explained

“What! Do you think Giles knows? How do you know that were Spike’s?” Willow asked, as her eyes widened.

“I was around Spike for almost two decades, plus I’m his grandsire. I can tell my childe’s marks.” Angel explained in a hushed tone.

“Great! Just great! Now we have to deal with both of you?” Xander huffed

“So Angel, what are we going to do?” Willow asked, completely ignoring Xander’s outburst.

“I don’t know. First I think I should go to the source. Well, the second source, Giles. I’m not going to go to Buffy. Knowing Spike like I do, if he has any hand in why Buffy is part vamp, he won’t be too far behind. I won’t be able to get to her more than once, so I have to make it count. Once I get enough information, I’ll go to her. Hopefully, I can convince her that Spike is bad news and needs to be dealt with, on the pointy end of a stake,” Angel explained.

“I’d like to amend what I said earlier, that is the best thing I’ve heard all night!” Xander stated as he raised his glass again.

Willow rolled her eyes at Xander and then spoke to Angel.

“Okay. Please let us know whatever you find out. You’re not the only one left out of the loop,” Willow explained.

“Will do.” Angel stated as he walked away from the table. Willow faced Xander as she spoke.



“Yeah, let’s head off. Let me walk you home.” With that the pair headed out into the night. As they continued through the darken streets of Sunnydale, they discussed mundane things. Off to their right side, as slight rustling in the bushes stopped their movements. They both stood and listened.

“Xander, is it, me or do you hear something?” Willow whispered with fright

“No Wills, it’s not you. Let’s get the hell out of here. I’m so not wanting to be a vamp’s dinner tonight.” Xander stated as he grabbed her upper arm as he started to move forward with fast-paced steps. Several moments passed as they moved closer to Willow ’s home. As they approached, their feet slowed down as they saw their destination in sight.

“I think that we should…..” Xander started as Willow was pulled from his grasp by a snarling vamp. The vamp placed his hand over Willow ’s mouth as he started to drag her flailing form into the darkness. As Xander lunged forward to grab for her, he was attacked from behind. A vamp held his arms behind his back, as another stalked forward. He blocked Xander’s view from where Willow was being taken off.

“Now, are you worthy of being a sacrifice for our mistress?” The vamp hissed as he approached.

Out of the night, a charging burly form plowed into the vamp that held Xander’s arms. As the first vamp took off, Xander was thrown to the ground from the sheer force of the attacking person that had pulled the second vamp from him. As he recovered from his fall, he looked in the short distance to see Angel, vamped out, quickly decapitating one of Xander’s captors. As the dust swirled around his form, he stood and approached Xander. Still in game face he asked.

“Are you alright? You weren’t bitten were you?” Angel lisped.

“I’m fine. It’s Willow! A vamp took her somewhere! I couldn’t see due to that other vamp that took off, was blocking my view. Angel we have to find her!” Xander yelled as he started to frantically whip his head around in an attempt to find which way they went.

Angel lifted his head to catch her scent. As he started to run in the direction that he believed that they headed, Xander started to trail behind. As the pair ran for several minutes, Angel stopped abruptly, as he bent down to pick something up. Xander came up from behind and asked.

“Why are you stopping?” He asked between his heavy pants, hands on his knees. Angel turned to face him as he held up a jacket, Willow’s jacket.

“I don’t think this is the way they came. The bastards are trying to throw us off their trail. I think if we keep going this way, we’ll just find more of her clothes. I’m sorry Xander. I don’t know which way to go.” Angel murmured as he continued to look around trying to get a glimpse of some sort of hint, which way she went. Xander ignored him and kept walking. When he approached her shoes lying on the side of the road, he unwilling admitted that Angel was right. The defeated Xander took a deep breath and spoke.

“We have to find Buffy.” Xander stated as he headed towards 1630 Revello Drive, Angel following behind.


Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are loved and cherished!!!