Author's Chapter Notes:
I know a lot of you were disheartened from the last chapter. I'm sorry, but it had to be done. For all of you faithful fans remember, it's always darkest before the dawn...and look, here comes the sun!

Big hugs to Sanityfair for being my beta.

fortnight=2 weeks
Subsequent to the truthful, yet hurtful words Elizabeth had spoken to William, she had not spoken to him in a fortnight. In the beginning, avoidance was easy; seasickness rendered her bed bound for several days. Once she gained her ‘sea-legs’, the task became more difficult.

The galleon offered much room for her to keep her distance. However, on each turn William would be within eyeshot. His enchanting sapphire gaze attempted to draw her in, such as the sirens, which were believed to inhabit the waters below. Impressively, to her own mind, forlornly to his, she maintained her resolve, just barely.

Eves were the most challenging. William’s cabin was located next to hers. Their beds lay adjacent to each other’s, only the wall separating them. She could hear each deep sigh, every movement he made while wrapped within his sheets. Elizabeth was also privy to more intimate moments.

She did not intend to spy, not at first. When she first noticed a gape in the wood, she begged Anne to switch beds. Anne ensured her that her bed was made of the finest goose feathers, where hers was stuffed with mere straw. Additionally, she noted that her bed was by the window, which would bring about more seasickness. Begrudgingly, Elizabeth agreed.

One eve, when the ship was quiet, Elizabeth was stirred from her sleep by peculiar sounds. After numerous rounds of ‘should she, should she not’ in her mind, she peeked through the gap. There on his bed, was William, gloriously nude. Elizabeth quickly pulled away, shaming herself for her wayward gaze. His pants became louder and more urgent, causing a blossoming within her womb.

Despite her mind demanding that she not look once more, her body won, as she resumed her gaze. William held his manhood within a firm grasp. With lavish strokes, he ascended and descended the hardened column. His face was contorted with pleasure, his eyes sealed shut, mouth drawn in a tight line, jaw clenched. He was exquisite.

She noticed his ministrations becoming quicker in pace, matched only by his breathing. In moments, his body stiffened, as a milky fluid escape the head. In witnessing this, Elizabeth’s breath caught with awe. Once the ejection began to lessen and then end, William’s body relaxed. A slight baritone chuckle and purr escaped his lips, while he remained briefly motionless. Afterwards, he cleared away his spendings, blew out his lantern, and then proceeded to fall asleep. Unlike Elizabeth, which spent the rest of the eve, wide-awake pondering what had just transpired.

This incident took place a half of a fortnight ago. Since then, Elizabeth became more brazen with her spying. Once Anne’s breathing became methodical, Elizabeth would await William’s return to his cabin, some eves later than others. Last eve, he was inebriated from ale. He stripped quickly, and fell to his bedding without covering himself.

Elizabeth used this opportunity to study his body fully. His alabaster flesh appeared almost flawless, except for the deep scar that adorned his brow. Sculpted muscles lay dormant under his flesh. One part of his anatomy fascinated her most; the shaft of manhood, which lay semi-erect in a thatch of dark curls.

The marmoreal column appeared as it was sculpted to perfection. In this state, the rounded tip was only in partial view, hidden by the foreskin. It rested to his left, clearly favoring his predominant side. Avec le bras gauche du diable travaille ses actes*, echoed in her mind. She released a slight giggle.

William stirred slightly, as Elizabeth stifled her mirth. Her giggle transformed into a gasp, when her whispered name slipped past his lips. Her eyes widened, as his cock began to swell and harden. His whisper became a low groan, which surrounded her name. ’Elizabeth.’

His deep rumble swam in her mind, causing her body to react. Her desire, which was once smoldering, ignited and burned hot within. Pebbled nipples rubbed against the cotton of her night sheath, causing her flesh to ripple. Green eyes became fixed on the intriguing and erotic sight before her.

This was the first time Elizabeth explored her own heated body. Her hands tentatively ran over herself, the material being the only barrier. They settled on her heaving breasts. After fondling them several times, one hand lowered to the apex of her thighs. Timid fingers grazed her core once, which resulted in a soft mewl to spill from her parted lips. Gaining confidence from the desire building within, she stroked the area. Her peaked tips hardened, begging for attention. Warm secretions seeped from her womanhood. Her body desperately urged her to continue.

Slowly raising her sheath, her hands sought the bare flesh of her breasts and her dampened center. Her eyes closed, as pleasure filled her. With deft fingers in her feminine folds and the others upon her breast, Elizabeth brought herself to completion. Never before had she experienced this blissful array of satisfaction and calm. With deep breaths, she brought herself down from the pinnacle of ecstasy.

A dream-filled sleep immediately followed. Her dreams began with erotic flashes of William. Slowly, they merged with her memories of self-gratification. Prior to awaking, William was bestowing pleasure upon her body, which far surpassed her own eager hands.

Once she slipped from her dreams, her inner thighs were slick with desire and her skin held a thin layer of perspiration. Throughout the day, she avoided William completely, afraid he would see the longing she held for him, firmly fixed within her eyes.

That eve, while both ladies were within the cabin participating in cross-stitch, Anne noticed for an hour, not a stitch had been made, due to Elizabeth’s hands clenched with anxiousness. Her gaze frequently landed on the wall by her bed. Finally, Anne questioned her.

“M’lady, tis all well?”


Slightly startled, she responded, “Ah, yes, I am well. Just ready to retire, the day has been trying and the comforts of my bed are calling me.”

Anne's features remained unaffected by her words, but her mind raced. She was aware of the tension, emotionally and physically, which lay between her lady and the Duke.

During the days, his gaze, filled with sadness and regret, remained fixed upon her. Lady Elizabeth’s would clearly ignore him, but Anne could tell it took all her being to do so.

The eves were more trying. Due to sharing a cabin with Elizabeth and the thin walls, she could hear each tossing within their sleep, not even dreams giving them solace. Several times, Anne heard Elizabeth whisper in her troubled sleep, his name.

Regardless of the pain and deceit that The Duke had bestowed upon Lady Elizabeth, she knew their love was one for the ages. Due to the stubbornness of her lady and the wounded emotional state of The Duke, Anne knew that this mentally torturous dance would continue, unless once more, she intervened. A knowing smile teased the edges of her lips. Resuming her cross-stitch, a plan formulated within her mind.

Shortly after her brief talk with Anne, slumber called to Elizabeth. Stripping down to her chemise and petticoat, she vowed that she would momentarily close her eyes for a short nap.

When she finally awoke, the stillness of the eve surrounding her. Elizabeth blinked several times to adjust to the darkness. Preparing to succumb to slumber once more, a deep baritone voice stilled her.

His voice wasn’t clear. Elizabeth surmised that he must be away from his bed. She situated herself upon the bedding, in order to get a glimpse into the room. An object blocked her view. Despite Elizabeth attempting to push it with her finger, it refused to budge.

Elizabeth placed her ear to the wood, in an attempt to hear. A string of William’s muffled words continued then stopped. Soon another voice sounded…a female voice.

Elizabeth blanched, as her head turned towards the bed of the only other woman upon the ship-Anne. Regardless of the knowledge that it would indeed be empty, she needed to look. It was, as she feared empty. The mere thought that Anne, her handmaiden, was in her William’s cabin, instantly filled Elizabeth with rage.

Elizabeth angrily extracted the linens, which cocooned her body, and stormed from the cabin. Within several fury-filled steps, she stood on the threshold of his door. Through the wooden barrier, she could hear Anne’s coos.

“Your Grace, mmm…please.”

Without announcement or warning of any kind, William’s cabin door slammed open. Startling the two occupants, which were passionately embraced within. Anne tried to pull from The Duke, yet he refused to release her. Eyes trained upon Elizabeth, he placed a languished kiss, on the column of her throat. Upon finishing, his words rang out.

“Lady Elizabeth, what do I owe this pleasure? As you can see, I am indisposed at the present moment. However, if you care to wait, well for sometime, I can address whatever need that you have at this hour.”

Holding by mere threads, Elizabeth composed her fury. With a clenched jaw, she seethed.

“Get…out…now.”

The pure wrath that filled her lady’s eyes caused Anne to pull quickly from his embrace. In a scurry of movements, she was gone. Taking her dress that was lying on his bed, which had initially blocked Elizabeth’s view.

The only sound in the room, were the heavy breaths of both parties, as their gazes held. Neither heard Anne depart, nor the door close behind her. Several tense moments, passed before Elizabeth stepped forward and stood within arm's length of William.



**** ****



Ten minutes prior


Resembling a caged panther, William paced within his room with sleek, feline grace. He muttered softly, while he contemplated his next move.

Every day became more tedious than the last. He tried to shower Elizabeth with attentions, tried to talk to her, just reside near her. Each attempt was refuted. She paid him no mind at all.

The eves were the worst. His body cried out for solace that only her body could give. For penance, William tried to withhold pleasure. Many times, he succeeded. However, each eve became worse than the last. Until in the wee hours of early morn, as sleep evaded him, and the pain of his unrelenting, hardened cock, plague him, he finally surrendered.

Since that moment, the mere thoughts of Elizabeth being within an arm’s reach, just past a wooden barrier, fueled his hand, while he brusquely tugged the spendings from his loins. Each time, her whispered name tumbled from his lips.

During his hundredth passing of his bed and the common wall just beyond William had an epiphany. He would approach Elizabeth in her cabin and speak with her.

“Now, what words to say.” William inwardly contemplated.

Breaking William from his thoughts was a soft knock on his door. His brow furrowed on who would be calling upon him at this hour. There were no sounds of drunken squabbles, and the seas and sky were peaceful, so he was perplexed on whom it might be.

Before he could reach the wooden barrier, the door opened slowly. A petite, woman stepped into the room. Long, blonde tresses hung down the center of her back, causing William’s heart to race. The following moment, he began to deflate, as the woman turned to face him. She stepped into the light. William noticed that this was Anne, Elizabeth’s handmaiden.

“Childe, why are you here? Has your mistress taken ill?”

Concern filled William’s words and features, as he met her in the middle of the room. Several silent moments passed. On the edge, William grabbed her upper arms, shook her slightly to fuel a response.

“Answer me! Has Elizabeth taken ill?”

Anne’s dark brown eyes rose to meet his stormy blue. Without warning, she lunged forward, in an attempt to kiss him. Before her lips could meet his, he backed away from her.

“I do not know why you are here childe, but it would be best that you leave, immediately.”

“Your Grace, I apologize for my forwardness.”

With a curtsey, she turned to leave. No longer on the edge, but needing to be far away from her, William turned to face the furthest wall. Anne took this opportunity to disrobe and strategically place her dress on the gap along the shared wall.

Not hearing the door open, nor close, William turned to see if Anne had departed. Standing in the middle of his room, she stood adorned only in a night shift. William’s eyes widened with confusion. He stalked forward, grabbing Anne by the arm to escort her out. Anne skillfully pulled from him, and threw herself into his arms, moaning loudly.

“Your Grace, mmm…please.”

In an instant, William’s door slammed open, revealing an enraged Elizabeth. William felt the woman within his arms stiffen, and attempt to pull away. Instantly, William decided that if this were the only way to evoke Elizabeth’s attentions, then he would use this moment to his advantage.



**** ****



Several tense moments, passed before Elizabeth stepped forward and stood within arm's length of William.

“Your Grace, as I have stated before, there are rules, which have been dictated in regard to expectations of your behavior. The women, from me to my handmaiden are to be treated with the utmost respect. We are not here to feed your--your whims. You have taken advantage of my hospitality and patience for the last time!”

Upon her last word, Elizabeth attempted to strike William with her palm. He captured her wrist. With anger filling his features, he seethed.

“Lady Elizabeth, as I said before…very unwise.” His gaze held malevolence, as he continued, “Since I am not in your home, nor are you my keep nor my wife, your hand will not be placed upon me in anger nor discipline!”

Elizabeth stood speechless, as mirrored chests rose and fell. After several moments, William spoke once more.

“What is that sound I hear—silence? Have I finally slain the beast, which dwells within the cavern of your mouth? What an epic moment when—“ Instantly, Elizabeth’s passionate lips silenced William.









*With the left arm, the devil works his deeds.


Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are loved and cherished.