Author's Chapter Notes:
Yes...this is the third chapter within a week. Very excited about getting my thoughts posted. This will be a rarity not a given. After this, I'll post once a week. I hope all is enjoying!
Lord Summers excessively prattled about nonsense, or so William believed. Not a word penetrated his thoughts, which were entirely filled with Lady Elizabeth.

She was indeed a rare beauty. In which the King was informed, was the truth, but there was so much more that was not disclosed. The King’s minimal information was almost a travesty to Lady Elizabeth’s exquisiteness. It was to proclaim that the ocean was mere water. The sun was mere light. Lady Elizabeth was lovely. She far surpassed this label. William pondered on a word, in which could describe this fair maiden, none would suffice.

Lady Elizabeth's hair spilled upon her slim shoulders and back, to form a waterfall of golden tresses. Sea green eyes beheld intelligence, spirit and an untamed fire. This fire would consume and lay to waste all those in which were to dance among the flames. Petite, fairy-like features graced her from her slightly upturned nose, to her full, bee-stung lips. Perfect, silky skin caressed her bone in a loving embrace.

In addition to her exquisite features, her mind and tongue were as sharp as a master’s whip and just as stinging. William knew that despite only one opinion fell from her lips, many more churned within her mind. With the complexity of her beauty and mind, he found her highly intriguing.

This spitfire appeared to be his match in every way. William’s grip tightened upon the hilt of his sword, as his mind envisioned numerous debaucheries of the flesh, that each could bestow upon one another. The cock within his breeches lengthened and hardened once again. The first time was upon introduction. From the moment his eyes befell her, his manhood swelled tenfold. William’s mind continued its lust-filled journey. Until one word from Lord Summers seeped into his mind, “King”.

In a flash, as if a wave of icy water deluged his mind, William remembered the reason for this voyage. The King. He had sequestered Lady Elizabeth to feed his desires, not William’s. Despite the strong loyalty that Henry had in their friendship, the King needs were raised well above all others.

William had seen many men suffer ill fates when they poached upon the King’s lands without permission. Despite the hunger that gnawed in their and their family’s bellies, their fate remained the same. To poach from his bed…William shuttered with the thought of what would become of him.

Before the servant opened the door to William’s room, his mind made a decision. Lady Elizabeth was his duty. All other women that exists within the manor, was his for the taking. Since William understood no other nobility graces this home, a servant will do. A mere wench or two, to purge his mind and loins, would quench his thirst for the Lady. With a satisfied smirk, William turned to Lord Summers,

“Yes, Lord Summers. I’ve found your words something for me to ponder upon, while I rest within my chambers. Perhaps, are there some wine and small plate of cheese? I am afraid that my hunger cannot abate until dinner, and since I am in France, these must be staples among the home, is it not?”

“Yes, Your Grace, the finest in the land! I will have a servant fetch these and bring them to your chambers, without delay. Your Grace.” With a slight bow, Lord Summers hurried down the hall.

The servant opened the door for William. Once the Duke, nodded his approval of his accommodations, the servant took leave. William walked around the quaint room, as he took in the sights. He removed his doublet and livery collar, and stood in front of the window. Below the Summers’ grounds were manicured and showed the early stages of spring. In the distance, a magnificent English Elm’s grand limbs filled his vision and inspired awe.

A light knock sounded from the wooden barrier, which stirred William from his thoughts. Upon his command of “Enter”, a servant, a young maiden of sixteen or a little more, entered. Her features were an utter contrast to those of Lady Elizabeth, hair as black as a raven’s wing, large doe eyes, and a buxom form.

“Your Grace.” Upon the placement the desired tray, she curtsied low. Her ample breasts pressed against her bodice and appeared to be magnified, due to the intention of her inner arms, which pressed the sides.

“Your name child?”

“Margaret, Your Grace.”

With a feral grin and without delay, William sampled the wares upon the tray and the woman, named Margaret, with equal zealousness.

**** ****

After a lengthy discussion with her mother on the ways of court, the two women took leave of one another, to prepare for dinner. Elizabeth entered her chambers, while her servants chattered like a flock of birds before a storm. Once she was noticed, the room hushed into a dead silence.

“Why are you ladies so excited? Is it the arrival of the Duke of Suffolk? I assure you, please don’t be fooled by his outward appearance. Face of an angel, heart of a pure demon.” Lady Elizabeth’s words bit out with force, as she looked upon the three other women, which prepared her gown for dinner.

“Lady Elizabeth, please pardon our puffery. It is just, that His Grace is the first nobility to enter our home. Any change from our daily life, will create a bustle.” The other two women tried to contain their mirth, as they lowered their faces.

“Yes Mary, I do understand. I was quite excited myself, once I was privy to his arrival. Now that I’ve met him, let’s just say, my opinion has changed considerably.”

“That is most unfortunate my Lady. In the moments that Margaret has met with His Grace, she stated that he was quite…quite charming,” Mary stated as she stifled her smile. Elizabeth turned sharply to the woman who Mary referred to. Margaret was now busing herself with the gown, while she was facing away from Elizabeth.

“Margaret, of which is Mary referring to? When were you in his presence?” Elizabeth’s heated questions and gaze fell upon the servant. Margaret turned, as she was addressed.

“Lady Elizabeth, I merely brought His Grace a tray of fine cheeses and a jug of wine. Nothing more.”

Margaret’s eyes remained downcast as she answered Elizabeth’s question. Ire raised Elizabeth’s hackles, as she understood with the utmost clarity, what the Duke of Suffolk had partaken in. Without a further word, Elizabeth stormed from her chambers. The clicks of her heels fell upon the stone. Her fury-filled gait headed in one direction, Sir William’s chambers.

**** ****

With angered fists, Elizabeth knocked upon the wooden barrier between she and Sir William. A faint “Enter” fluttered from within. Upon his invite, Elizabeth entered into his chambers. William stood before the window, bathed in the reddish sunlight of the ends of a day.

“Just place what you need to, and take leave,” Sir William ordered, as he mindlessly sipped wine. Eyes remained transfixed on the outside.

“Your Grace.” Elizabeth bit back her annoyance, and addressed him accordingly.

Her words penetrated his mind, and William turned quickly to gaze upon the woman in his chambers.

“Lady Elizabeth. Please excuse my bluntness. I thought you were but another servant. Since my initial tray of cheese, two other servants have come to my chambers, to check upon my well being, or so they stated. I feel that I may be a bit of a novelty to those in your home.”

Without another word, Elizabeth stepped forward, and placed a fierce slap upon his sculptured cheek. William’s face fell slightly to the side from the strike. Instantly, his heated gaze fell upon her equally irate one. Mirth replaced his anger, as his tongue snaked out from his mouth. The pointed tip tapped his front teeth. A feral smirk graced his lips.

Elizabeth’s chest heaved with fury and another emotion, which confused her. Before she could give thought to his emotion, she spoke,

“Your Grace, while you are in my father’s home you will exhibit manners that I feel that you do not adhere to in court. The women of this home, from myself to the servants are to be treated with the utmost respect. We are not here to feed your… your whims. As I am to adhere to the rules of the King’s court, despite my feelings and or thoughts, you shall do so here as well.”

The feral smile that graced his full lips slid away. His gaze bore into hers.

“Lady Elizabeth, I question, are you angered with me for the notion that I have partaken in my manly desires, or could it be that I did not partake of them…with you?”

William’s words dropped in several octaves as he completed his question. Once his words seeped into her mind, Elizabeth’s eyes widened. As her hand came up to strike him once more, William grabbed her wrist in mid-flight.

“Lady Elizabeth, to strike me once was a forgiven offense. A second time, would be unwise. Where are the words that you seem to hold onto so dearly? It appears that I have stricken a nerve from deep within. If I hadn’t, then your biting tongue would have responded, not your hand.”

William held firm upon her wrist. Elizabeth tried to extract herself from his grasp. With a slight tug from William, Elizabeth’s form collided with his. Chests met, both heaving, one muscular, one soft and supple. Without further words, he placed his mouth upon hers.

Passionately he feasted upon her lips. Within moments of their lips touching, William’s tongue exited his mouth and traveled across the seam of her tightened lips. Elizabeth reacted immediately, once she felt his tongue caress her closed lips.

With the speed of a cobra, she bit hard upon his wayward tongue. Only but a few moments she held upon the muscle, before she released. Once freed, dual parties placed their hands to their mouths. One to wipe away the filth that now resided there, the other, to coddle his wounded tongue and to check if it remained intact.

“Your Grace, that is a mere sample of my bite! If you do not wish to have other parts of your form to remain intact, I suggest that you keep them to yourself! Your Grace.” With a slight curtsey, Elizabeth exited William’s chambers.

Once William pulled his hand away, he inspected it for blood. None existed. A myriad of emotions churned within anger, disbelief, and desire. In respects to Lady Elizabeth’s behavior, most men would have stormed from these chambers and speak directly to Lord Summers about her immediate and harsh punishment. She had invoked a completely different reaction from him. William craved her, as he had no other

**** ****

With a swift gait, Elizabeth stormed the halls towards her chambers. Upon entrance, the three servants that were initially present still remained. Each curtsied, head remained bowed low. Elizabeth swiftly passed the two others and approached Margaret. With a tight rein on her anger, she spoke,

“Margaret, I will ask this of you all but once. Any deceit, I will surely know. Did the Duke of Suffolk take advantage of your virtue?”

Elizabeth’s mind flashed to moments earlier. William bathed in the faded sunlight, while he slowly sipped upon the goblet housed at his full lips. Elizabeth shook away these thoughts and tried to concentrate on the task at hand.

“Lady Elizabeth, please, I beg of thee. I must not lose my position here at Summers’ manor. I have no family to call upon and nowhere to go,” Margaret's voice shook. She barely held back her tears.

“I am aware of your predicament Margaret, but the fact remains, I must know the answer to my question. I will ask it one more time, did the Duke of Suffolk take advantage of your virtue?” Elizabeth’s words were harsh. Eyes blazed.

“No, my Lady, he did not. I willingly gave myself unto him.” Margaret’s eyes were rimed with tears. Elizabeth’s eyes grew in fury, as the information pervaded her mind.

“Margaret, I dismiss you from my chambers and as my servant immediately.” Margaret’s eyes widened, Elizabeth continued, “I am not going to speak a word of this indiscretion to Lord and Lady Summers. You will approach the Head of the Home, and request to become part of the kitchen staff.”

“Thank you My Lady. You are generous and kind…” Margaret began to speak, until Elizabeth continued over her,

“Margaret, if it was not for that…that silver tongued knave, your place would have remained within my graces. Now, the mere sight of you, angers me so. I know that servant’s tongue does wag considerably of the goings on in the manor. Yours will especially so, Margaret. You will tell all the other women to stay clear of the Duke. If you must attend to him, do so in pairs. No woman shall be left alone with that beast. Am I clear?” Despite the fury that pulsed through her veins, Elizabeth’s voice remained steady and precise.

“Yes, my Lady. All will be done as your bidding.”

“Take leave of my sight Margaret. Send your younger sister Anne to my chambers. She will now be my servant.” Upon her blunt dismissal, Margaret left her chambers.

With a deep cleansing breath, Elizabeth began addressing the other servants,

“I want it to be known, that I hold no fault with Margaret and her indiscretions with the Duke. As I said before, he is a silver-tongued knave that is well versed in words and cunning. When I confronted him…”

Elizabeth’s words still within her throat, as memories of William’s firm, but soft lips upon hers swirled within her mind. His tongue seeking entrance, in which she forbade, despite the slight unexplained stirrings deep within her being. “Those stirrings…disgust…nothing more,” Elizabeth proclaimed inwardly. Her thoughts were broken, as a woman’s voice ruptured through,

“My Lady Elizabeth, as you were saying?”

“Ah, yes…never thee mind. Avoidance of the Duke is of the utmost importance…for all of us. Now, the blue gown is placed before me, I wish to have the emerald green that was tailored and yet to be worn.” Elizabeth’s voice wavered slightly as she ended her first thought. She then quickly changed subjects. In attempts, to portray confidence that she did not currently feel.





Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are loved and cherish!!! Please feed the muse!!!