Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope everyone is enjoying my tale. I so pleased that people are inspired by my words. I've received beautiful reviews and banners...I love and appreciate all of them. Please, please keep them coming! Thank you Vette for this beautiful banner. Thank you also to Pari for her past two contributions. Keep reading there are more magnificent banners and words to come!
Seated in front of the hearth, William’s gaze was lost among the flames that danced within. Tumultuous thoughts ran continuously throughout his mind. Prior to his voyage to France, he never questioned his and other’s roles within his world. Men and women had their own distinct functions… men to stimulate his mind, women his loins.

Men were placed upon this earth to advance civilizations and rule those of weaker beings and minds…uneducated men, the young and women. Especially women. Women were placed upon this earth to bear children, manage a household, and bring happiness upon their master…a man.

Within mere moments, Lady Elizabeth had taken his once firm beliefs and scattered them to the winds. This tiny, but fierce creature with a sharp tongue and wit, stirred his loins and mind completely. Never before, had these two halves of his being, intertwined.

William ran the pads of his fingertips across his lips. He recalled her full lips upon his. His eager tongue, which sought entrance within the heated cavern of her mouth, was denied, and fiercely so. The sting of her teeth and words still burned his being.

He undeniably craved Lady Elizabeth. She in turn, despised his very being. This knowledge was clearly bestowed upon him, within the brief moments she was in his chambers.

Initially, while her heated words flowed, he mistakenly believed that jealously, had swirled within her green depths. This mistake was quickly amended, with the sting of her bite, both figuratively and truly.

Not only was Lady Elizabeth’s blatant denial, a barrier for his pursuit, a more pressing concern loomed within William’s mind. The King. He was here, within France, within the Summers’ manor, upon the King’s demand, not his own. His previous silent declaration rang through his mind,

“Lady Elizabeth is my duty.”

William acknowledged that he belonged fully to his King. His loyalty knew no bounds for Henry, his confident in all means and his sovereign lord and master.

Upon a deep sigh of resignation, William made a silent vow. In being the King’s humble servant, he will abide his will. Lady Elizabeth will become Henry’s mistress. Regardless, how fiercely William’s mind, body and soul cried out, for him to possess her entirely.

**** ****

Elizabeth was seated within her chambers, awaiting her father’s arrival, to escort her to the banquet hall. A firm knock upon the door, resounded throughout the room, which called forth one of her servants to respond. Upon opening, she curtsied, acknowledged the person who stood over the threshold, and removed herself from the doorway. Elizabeth proceeded forward.

Elizabeth’s movements stilled, eyes widened, as she viewed the person before her, Sir William. The crown of his fair tresses, greeted her gaze, as he remained bowed. His deep baritone voice caressed his words as he spoke, “Lady Elizabeth.” Subsequent to his acknowledgment of the majestic woman before him, he rose to meet her uncertain gaze. His eyes lingered briefly upon her. Within moments, her beauty was burned upon his mind.

A gown of the finest emerald silk caressed her flawless form. A-lined bodice with small pearls, adorned the edge. Long flowing, belled sleeves encased her arms, and placed silky kisses upon her hands. From her tiny waist, the skirt slightly flared, which flowed into a train behind her.

William blinked quickly to dispel his stare. With his earlier decisions brought forward, his eyes met hers.

While Elizabeth studied Sir William, she noticed profound differences. Gone was the earlier smirk, which had lingered upon his lips, as for the mirth that once blazed within his eyes. Replaced by what appeared to be, humility and if one could believe, shyness. Prior to her response, William spoke,

“Lady Elizabeth, I would like to extend an olive branch of peace unto you.” He brought forward a single, long stemmed rose, from behind his back. Elizabeth ’s brow rose slightly from his offering. As before, he spoke prior to her response,

“Yes, well, a true olive branch would have been difficult to procure, within the short amount of time I had. Let this rose bud symbolize a new beginning. If I may?” William bowed before her, for a second time. He began addressing her, once he returned to a full height,

“Lady Elizabeth, it is a profound pleasure to meet your acquaintance. It would be my privilege to be your escort this evening, if you so have me.”

She smiled softly, while she beheld this stunning man before her. Dressed in an onyx velvet doublet, accented with silver trim and jeweled buttons. A silver livery collar with the Tudor’s rose, adorned his broad chest. His legs encased by black hosiery and thigh high leather boots. With a curtsey, she followed his lead,

“Your Grace, I accept your offer.”

Following their pleasantries and a slight nod of acceptance, Elizabeth moved in the hallway. With a grand sweep of his right arm, William encouraged her forward. Once she advanced several steps, he took the position, on her left side. His hand rested upon the hilt of his sword, as he heard her softly whisper,

“Avec le bras gauche du diable travaille ses actes.” With a hearty laughter, William reacted. Each continued their steady pace, as he responded,

“Indeed, Lady Elizabeth. With the left arm the devil works his deeds. I assure you, despite your notions of me and my behaviors, I am not the devil himself. This facade, that you claim I maintain, is nothing more than mere handsomeness.”

“Your Grace, your modesty bewilders me,” Elizabeth responded with a stifled smile. A scarred eyebrow rose slightly, as William commented,

“May I be so bold to inquire, is only the male persuasion privy to the bite of your tongue?”

“No, Your Grace. Not one gender is immune to its sting. With my knowledge of the male persuasion, it appears that it needs to be utilized far more often.”

“If my understanding in correct, your knowledge is quite limited, Lady Elizabeth. The males that you have known do not represent all. Whether it be in behavior, humor, or understanding of such behavior.”

Elizabeth stilled, as she faced Sir William. He mirrored her actions. William could see the wrath fill her gaze. Before she could comment, he softly spoke to her,

“Lady Elizabeth, I do not say this to you to anger, but to educate. I am afraid that once you enter the King’s court, you will be swallowed whole. A woman with a fierce disposition and fiercer words is not accepted, especially not by the King nor his Queen. Within moments of your ire, your dismissal would be swift. Disgrace would befall you and your family. It pains me to suggest for you to change your very being, for myself, I find you utterly astonishing.” William’s eyes lowered upon his last words.

Without a further word, Elizabeth placed her hand gently upon his. Once his enticing blue eyes rose to meet her intense green gaze, she spoke,

“Thank you, Your Grace. Your knowledge of the world outside this estate is profound, where mine has yet to begin. I will idle my tongue. My mind, on the other hand, will move just the same.” A sweet smile graced her lips. Her gaze fixated on the man before her.

“I wouldn’t expect anything less, Lady Elizabeth,”

William responded with a slight nod. Both parties resumed their movements, as they headed towards the banquet hall. Silence fell between the two, until Elizabeth spoke once more,

“Just know, that despite my claims of an idle tongue for the masses, this does not include my father nor Your Grace.” Elizabeth stifled her laughter, until the deep baritone melody of William’s amusement filled the air,

“Lady Elizabeth, I could not hope for a more magnificent pledge than that.

Their laughter continued, until they reached the dual wooden doors of the hall and the feast that lies within.





Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are loved and cherish...please bestow unto me