Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope everyone is enjoying. As always, hugs to my beta Sanityfair. She is absolutely the best! Without you babe, this would be for naught.
The subsequent morn, Elizabeth awoke with a jubilant smile gracing her lips. She maintained the smile, throughout her dressing and morn meal with her mother. Lady Summers took great pleasure from her daughter’s disposition, which she commented upon,

“I see that my daughter has greeted the day with a light heart.”

“Yes, mother, today is a wonderful day,” Buffy commented while her fingers absently brushed upon the emeralds adorning her neck. “I would welcome your company in the gardens, while we continue to discuss my duties as a Lady in Waiting.”

“I would love nothing more my sweet daughter, but I fear the sun would invoke the demon to return within my mind,” Lady Summers response held a saddened quality, while she lightly placed her hand to her temple.

“Mother, the clouds do offer cover today. The day is tepid, but overcast with large fluffy clouds. We also can reside under our elm. Much shade will be given to blot out the hurtful sun,” Elizabeth’s words were light, but pleading. She hoped her mother would join her outside. She worried due to her condition, she didn’t leave the manor’s walls often enough.

“Tis fine, my sweet Elizabeth, you have convinced me quickly; I do so love the outdoors. I fear that my condition has forced this well loved luxury out of my life. Following our meal, let us head to the gardens. The early morn sun is less fierce now. This will further hinder my exposure, if the clouds so choose to part.”

“Delightful! I am so pleased mother. I am but finished, if you would care to take leave now?” Elizabeth’s voice brimmed with excitement, while she quickly patted the corners of her mouth with a linen napkin.

“You are full of spirit today. I take great pleasure in seeing you in such a state. It does well for my tired and weary bones,” Lady Summers’ jested, while she mirrored her daughter’s actions.

“Mother, the bitterness of the winter and the manor’s walls has placed your body in hibernation. It is time to awaken it and welcome the spring,” Elizabeth stated lightheartedly, while she removed herself from her seat and approached her mother.

Lady Summers’ stood as she waved away her daughter’s hands. Lady Summers’ murmured with jest, “I’m not that old,” which in turn caused Elizabeth to laugh. The servants brought forward light cloaks for both women. Once donned, they headed towards the gardens.


**** ****


William awakened from sweet dreams of his fair Elizabeth. Their bodies intimately entwined, bestowing desired-filled strokes and kisses upon one another. Beneath his nightshift, his manhood had swelled to almost painful proportions.

He would remedy this quickly, were he still in England. One of his servants would fetch one of the many ladies that resided within the castle walls. It was common for him to release his seed, sometimes twice, before his morn meal.

He knew upon brief discussions with Lord Summers, that the same would be true here with the servants. Regardless of his ache, William would not partake. He only desired one woman to relieve his pain, Elizabeth. While his mind brought forward the images that laced his dreams, his hand eagerly found his cock. With swirled tugs, William bestowed pleasure upon himself. This was not comparable to the sheath of a woman’s quim, but he would make do.

William vowed to ignore his lust, which lasted only moments at a time. This minor time was incomparable to the growing desire between, he and Elizabeth. Her beautiful smile, pleasant voice, quick wit, her petite womanly form, the swell of her pert breasts…within moments, William released his warm seed upon his fist. With heavy pants, he began to slow his movements upon his flesh, until his hand finally stilled. He pulled his spent form from the bedding. With unsteady legs, he walked towards the water basin, and washed his spendings away.

Once cleaned, William called out to his servants, who entered before his echo vanished, quickly bringing his morn meal, as well as his day’s attire. William was aware he and Lord Summers were due to tour the grounds surrounding the manor. He hoped Elizabeth had similar plans to reside outside this day. The mere sight of her was the only reason that made leaving his bed and the realm of his dreams bearable. Her actual presence far surpassed his dreams.


**** ****


William met with Lord Summers while he walked the manor’s hallways toward the garden.

“Your Grace. I hope that slumber did not elude you last Eve. I would hate for you to not find rest while within my home.”

“No, Lord Summers, my body found much rest last Eve. I feel refreshed and awaiting further explorations of your grounds. We will be on foot today, will we not?” William asked, in hopes his subtle hint would not go unnoticed by Lord Summers.

“Yes Your Grace. We will be on foot. There are many impressive lands that surround this manor; a slower pace is needed to enjoy them.” Lord Summers’ words brimmed with pride, while his steps matched William’s.

“Delightful, let’s proceed.”


**** ****


Once the men passed over the threshold, William’s gaze searched for Elizabeth. Off in the distance, he noticed Lady Summers seated under a grand English elm he had admired his first day here. William believed that Elizabeth must be with her. His strides increased as he moved forward. Lord Summers kept pace. Within moments, William passed through the garden gate, and headed toward the tree.

As he suspected and hoped, there upon the ground, sat Elizabeth and Lady Summers, deep in conversation, not until William bowed and announced himself, did the women look upon him.

“Your Grace, forgive us for not acknowledging your presence,” Lady Summers stated while she and Elizabeth stood.

“Ladies, please, a simple good morn is all that is desired. Remain seated. I am the one to intrude upon the conversations of two ladies. My hopes are that you would accompany Lord Summers’ and my tour of his lands. I am aware that you have seen them many times, but the mere presence of two lovely ladies will make the tour tolerable.”

Mirth and charm filled William’s words as he addressed them. More often than not, his gaze would fall upon Elizabeth and she responded with a slight smile of her own.

“Your Grace, it would be our pleasure,” Lady Summers responded with a curtsey.

“Wonderful, Lord Summers, please lead the way,” William instructed with a sweep of his hand.

The men took the lead, while the women followed several steps behind. Lord Summers’ excited voice was the only sound that marked the passage of time. The sun had cleared the clouds several times, which made the air become slightly heavy with heat. Lady Summers pulled her fan from the folds of her dress, to cool her. After several moments, her movements stilled, which caused concern for Elizabeth.

“Mother? Are you taking ill? Please, let us return to the manor.” Elizabeth’s concerned words reached William’s ears. He turned quickly and approached the women.

“Lady Summers, are you ill? Please let me aid you back,” William, suggested while he looped her arm through his. Lady Summers nodded gratefully, while she placed her hand upon the crux of this elbow.

“Your Grace, your concerns for my wife are insurmountable. I will attend to her. Please continue forward with Lady Elizabeth. She knows these lands as well as me. She can continue the tour. Wife, please let’s get you inside.”

Lord Summers’ voice filled with worry, which Elizabeth knew was false. If the Duke were not present, he would have instructed Elizabeth to care for her ailing mother. Not another moment of concern from him would follow.

When her parents took leave, Elizabeth realized that she and His Grace were now…alone. With slight trepidation, once the forms of her parents disappeared, she faced him.

“Your Grace,” Elizabeth stated with a curtsey.

“Lady Elizabeth, may I be so bold to state, I am tremendously pleased that you have remained to show me the lands. Not that I wish in any manner for your mother’s illness, but I feel fortunate for your time, nonetheless.”

“As I, Your Grace. If you would like to proceed, there is much my father has not shown you.”

“Please, lead the way Lady Elizabeth,”

William stated with a grand sweep of his arm. Once Elizabeth started to walk, William took her right side. His left hand rested upon the hilt of his sword, while his gaze remained fixed upon Elizabeth, regardless of the scenery, which surrounded them.

The pair walked for an endless amount of time. Only the sun within the sky alerted the time of the day, which was now noon. Elizabeth had shown him most of the lands within walking distance. Despite his gaze, never leaving her face, Elizabeth continued with her tour. Unfazed he had not once looked upon any of the lands she had presented. Elizabeth's tour had brought them full circle. The tree her mother and she resided under this morn came into sight, when Elizabeth decided to ask the Duke a question that had been weighing heavy upon her mind,

“Your Grace, may I be so bold in inquiring on a personal matter?”

“Please, I am truly intrigued, Lady Elizabeth, by your query.”

“How does your wife fair when you leave her for a lengthy extent of time, as in your voyage to France?"

William’s movements stilled, his gaze remained upon hers. Elizabeth mirrored his actions. In an instant, William responded with a bark of laughter.

“Your Grace, I do not feel that a woman’s feelings and concerns are a matter of humor.”

“Nor do I Lady Elizabeth. My mirth is with the prospect that you believe that I would have a wife.”

“Yes, well, due to your earlier behaviors, I hoped that there was not one, especially one with a babe or two. If I may say, I do find relief there is no wife. On the same token, it saddens me that there is not a woman who desires your safe return.”

“Lady Elizabeth, you assume from my words, there is not a woman or more, specifically women, which desire my return. I plainly stated that I do not have a wife.”

Elizabeth’s features soured due to his statement. With a deep intake of breath, she responded brusquely,

“I see. There must be many cold beds and weeping women in England, in tribute to Your Grace. Regardless of the earlier truce, this conversation has taken a turn, which I do not desire to follow, please excuse me.”

With a quick curtsey, Elizabeth turned to leave. Upon two steps forward, William called out to her,

“Lady Elizabeth, please but a moment.”

With his request, Elizabeth turned to face him. As she held tightly on the reins of her ire, she spoke,

“A mere moment, Your Grace.”

“It is true that I have been a…”

“A knave?”

“…man of questionable means…”

“A knave.”

“Fine, a knave, this does not mean that I cannot change. Start anew. I feel that it was my destiny to come to France and meet the catalyst for this change.”

Elizabeth gaze narrowed upon him. The thoughts that he spoke of his destiny and the woman that he had seduced just a day ago angered her. She spat her words out with much disdain, which matched the sentiment that swirled within her eyes.

"I believe that Margaret would be beyond words if she knew that she had been written in the stars to be your destiny. May I fetch her so the joyous news can be given?”

“Whom?”

Elizabeth’s eyes widen briefly from his forgetfulness. She then followed it by a heated poignant look. Upon his realization of whom she meant, William quickly continued,

“No, alas she was merely a distraction, as all the rest…”

Before he could finish his comment, Elizabeth huffed loudly and stormed away. Elizabeth was unable to distant herself any, as William grabbed her by the arm, then turned her to face him. His hands stilled upon her upper arms, while his determined gaze met hers.

“They were all mere distractions from my true destiny. The destiny, that with God’s good graces, I hold within my grasp this very moment.”

The realization of William’s words reached her mind, Elizabeth’s eyes widened in disbelief. After several moments, a knowing smile graced William’s lips. Shortly after, he spoke,

“Unless God has stricken my sense of hearing, I seem to have accomplished the impossible, rendering the sweet Elizabeth speechless.”

Elizabeth’s widen eyes, then narrowed with ire, which she had felt and displayed prior. Her response was quick and sharp,

“I have not words for the untruths you have bestowed upon me, Your Grace.”

“Sweet Elizabeth, not a word that has fallen from my lips, since I have met your acquaintance has been false. To the point of insult, I have been forever truthful.”

After Elizabeth pondered his words briefly, her features softened. She then proceeded to respond with a lighter tone,

“I apologize. You may not be kind in your words nor actions, but you have remained truthful. I just do not understand how you believe that I am your destiny, Your Grace.”

“William.”

“Pardon Your Grace?”

“Please, call me William.”

“If it so pleases you, William.”

To William’s pleasure, Elizabeth had called him his given name. Furthermore, she softened her words considerably. Once her voice reached his ears, his eyes closed briefly, while he reveled in her pleasantness. William’s next words were a mere whisper,

“The sweetest melody is your voice saying my name. Please indulge me again.”

Elizabeth gazed upon the man that stood before her. His cerulean gaze swirled with an untold desire, which struck deep within her soul. Her whispered voice mirrored his, when she responded,

“If it so pleases you…William.”

“It does. It pleases me beyond words.”

“William…”

“Yes sweet Elizabeth?"

“Could you please indulge my mind, by answering my query?”

“Yes…” William inwardly shook his head, to clear the haziness that resided within. Once done, his words continued, “Now it is my turn to apologize. I have lost myself within my mind and heart. I know with all my being, you are my destiny. Many moments in time had to align to bring us to this juncture: our births, your father’s and my association with the King, his sequestered for your presence in court, the smooth voyage here. Our very beings all played a part in this destiny.”

“William you speak of so many things. Each incident would have transpired regardless. For example: our births were the doing of God, not due to this destiny that you so claim.”

“Yes, our births were choices of God, but he chose that we were born when we were. Our arrival upon this earth could have transpired hundreds of years apart. Nevertheless, it did not. Each event that has brought me to you could have been different. The King could have chosen another for this voyage; or I could have perished within the sea. None did. You cannot deny that some force was present to bring us together. I so choose to call it destiny.”

“Say it is destiny, what does this mean exactly? How does this moment in time fit upon the path you claim is preordained?”

“My sweetest Elizabeth, this moment in time is when our paths intertwine for evermore.”

Elizabeth looked upon William. Her eyes swirled with dual emotions, trepidation and hope. William’s need to possess this woman, raged within. Gratefully, his mind controlled this need and replaced it with patience he knew that this exquisite creature before him deserved and demanded.

“May I be so bold to ask if I may kiss you, Elizabeth?"

“If it so pleases you, William,” Elizabeth breathlessly whispered.

William tenderly placed his hands upon the sides of her face. Slowly, he leaned forward, his lips ever so gently, brushed upon hers. William lingered briefly, sampling the sweet nectar of her lips, before gradually pulling away. His gaze swept over her features. She possessed a picturesque look of contentment; her lids fluttered and her lips pursed awaiting his. A rosy hue blossomed upon her cheeks. She was simply breathtaking.

William leaned forward once more. His first kiss was merely to taste her. This kiss was slightly more demanding. In his mind, with a mere kiss William confirmed his greatest strength and his greatest weakness. Elizabeth.

His lips caressed hers, with more urgency than before. At first, Elizabeth was unsure how to proceed. This was her second kiss. Second only, to the one that she had received immediately prior. Within moments of his mouth upon hers, Elizabeth’s desire blossomed from deep with. In an instant, her desire instructed her how to respond.

When Elizabeth returned kiss, William was briefly taken off guard. Their first kiss was gentle. While sweet, her lips remained idle. The same held true for the beginning of the second.

As if Elizabeth had received silent instruction on how to respond, her mouth suddenly became urgent, passionate. William reveled in her response. Endless moments passed, each savored one another.

Becoming somewhat bold, William’s tongue danced upon the seam of her lips, as he demanded entrance. Only a brief moment of wariness filled his thoughts, with this action, based on her previous response, but a day ago. Once her lips parted, granting him entrance, all thought became nonexistent.

William’s fingers wound within her golden tresses. His other pulled her closer. William’s tongue dipped within the heated cavern of her mouth. Before long, her tongue joined his, in a wondrous dance. Elizabeth placed her palm upon William’s chest, right above where his heart maintained a thunderous pace. Her other hand, lay upon his neck. Her fingers toyed with the fine hairs that remained unaffected by his hairdressing.

Their moments together flowed as fine wine, hearty, sweet and just as intoxicating. Despite his own desire, William ended their exploration of one another. He placed his forehead tenderly to hers. With shaky words he spoke,

“God forgive me, but I can not help but to feel envy and hatred toward every man that has partaken in the sweet heaven of your mouth before me.”

Elizabeth’s hazy mind took several moments to comprehend his words. Her heated gaze held him, as with a whispered voice, she responded,

“There has been no other.”

William’s eyes flashed with the desire. His mind and body burned to possess this tiny woman before him. With a deep baritone growl, William retorted,

“And if I have it my way Elizabeth, there will never be.”

William’s mouth returned passionately to hers. The melodious sounds of Elizabeth’s mews and her hands upon him weakened his mind and resolve. For a second time, he pulled from her lips. He placed his forehead to hers. His gaze of lust-filled blue fixed upon her hazy green. Mirrored gasps filled the air, before William spoke,

“Elizabeth, my sweet Elizabeth, I must leave you now before I become the knave that you claim me to be. Despite the tight resolve, I appear to be maintaining, I am but only a man, one with many desires. Which, I feel that you are not ready to be privy to. Nor do I feel that you are a treasure to be plundered upon in the open. You are an exquisite woman that deserves to be worshiped, in private for hours upon end.”

William’s word penetrated Elizabeth’s mind. Even though her body cried out for the pleasure William bestowed upon her, she needed to inform him of her wishes, which she held firmly within her mind.

“Despite my forwardness and responsiveness to you, I will not be anyone’s mistress William. My maidenhead is for my husband and him alone.”

Elizabeth’s declaration made William’s heart swell tenfold. Normally, a woman’s denial of him in the carnal sense would anger him. Elizabeth’s denial, just added another reason why he adored the woman within his grasp.

“Nor do I wish to sully your virtue Elizabeth. My wishes are such that I become your wedded husband, if you are to have me. Unfortunately, the King himself will have say upon the matter. Upon our return to England, my first order of duty is to speak to him at once. I need you to know, that this may have dire consequences, but I will suffer any ill fates, for us to be bound together before God as man and wife.”

Elizabeth’s eyes remained wide upon his declaration, as her mind processed what he had stated. William wanted to wed her. He also informed her that he might suffer ill fates from the King. Regardless of the ire and bitter words they’d traded, Elizabeth knew that William was her match in every way. He valued her entire being --- mind, body and soul.

“William, what are these ill fates and dire consequences which you speak of?”

“Elizabeth, my duty is to return to England with a Lady in Waiting, not a wife. In this role, you are to be unwed. This fact, among many others, which I have not alluded to, may cause grief to the King. Worry not my love, all will be well.”

Before Elizabeth could respond, William placed another soft kiss upon her lips, instantly heating. After several moments, he pulled away and spoke,

“Please, order me away. I have not the will to go otherwise.”

Once the final word left his lips, William kissed her again, passionately. Their kiss continued, until she found the strength to pull away. Elizabeth gently placed both hands upon his chest. Her words passed her lips in a mere whisper,

“Leave me, William. Not due to my desire, but yours.”

“Just upon the thought your desire wishes I stay will be enough to aid in my departure. Till later, my love.”

William turned to leave Elizabeth. In several strides, he passed through the gates to the garden. Once he surrounded with spring flowers, he turned. His gaze held hers briefly, before he turned and continued back into the Summers’ home.

As she released a breath she did not know she held, Elizabeth lowered herself upon the soft grass. She raised her face towards the rays of the sun, closed her eyes and reveled in its warmth. Elizabeth’s fingers slowly caressed her lips, as her mind replayed all that had just transpired. One group of words continued to ring the loudest within her mind, ‘My wishes are such that I become your wedded husband, if you are to have me’.





Chapter End Notes:
Please let me know whatcha think. Love to hear ALL reviews!