Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope that everyone is enjoying! Please let me know what you think...EVERY review is important and aids in my writing
Elizabeth awoke to the wayward strains of flaxen tresses, being tenderly swept from her brow. Her lids fluttered open to a darkened figure sitting upon her bed. The sun had yet crested over the horizon, but the approaching morn hovered within the air. Before she could question who was there, a sweet whisper filled the air,

“Good morn, my sweet child. I apologize to wake you so early. I just anticipated the day. So much so, I could not wait until the dawn’s first light.”

“Mother, don’t apologize. Your tender caresses and words are the sweetest herald to the day. I am so pleased that you are well.” Elizabeth ’s tone matched her mother’s. Tender whispers, brimmed with love.

“Let’s greet the morn together Elizabeth.”

Lady Summers rose to give her daughter space to follow. Within moments, both women stood by her window, arms around one another, just as the sun’s rays spilled across the land. Each beam caressed the earth with tendrils of light. The dew upon the grass twinkled as stars within the nighttime sky. Silent tears rolled down their cheeks while the world before them, awoke for their final day together.


Endless, silent moments passed, before servants entered bringing the morn’s meal. Still joined by their hands, the women proceeded to approach the table. They released hands, as they sat. Tears were replaced with cheery words, when Lady Summers told of stories of court life and the beauties of England.

Elizabeth ’s eyes widened, while her mother’s words pervaded her mind. She always dreamed of court life, the nobles and their lavish wares, the topics of conversations, the excitement. Since the knowledge of her trip had been brought forth, dread has been her constant companion. Now, due to her mother’s tales, it had been replaced with anticipation.

While her words were ones of happiness, Lady Summers’ heart broke with each story. Once she has awoken from her slumber, the pain within her mind abated, she decided that it was imperative to have Elizabeth see the finer points of court life. Despite the callousness and drama which exist, and she had alluded to in the past, she feared that her daughter would enter court life with pessimism. If Elizabeth approached this new world with negativity, she would not thrive, only wilt under fear and doubt. Lady Summers’ mind filled with ease, as her daughter’s features brimmed with excitement. Once they finished their meal, she changed the focus of discussion.


“ Elizabeth, are your plans to join His Grace and your father on the hunt this morn?”

“Mother, I do not wish to leave you. With you illness yesterday, we have lost time to spend together.” Despite her daughter’s words, Lady Summers knew she longed for the hunt.

“ Elizabeth, do not hold back your desire because of me. I know you love all the aspects of the hunt; the wind within your hair, the speed of the beast you ride upon, the chase, and the capture. In my youth, I loved this myself. Go. Enjoy. I will be awaiting your return, and the tales that will surely follow.” Lady Summers’ high-spirited voice enwrapped Elizabeth, causing her to become affected. Elizabeth rose from her chair, and called out to her servants,

“Ladies, prepare my dress…I have a hunt to attend!”


**** ****

With a flash of hurried movements, Elizabeth was dressed and headed towards the stables. The chill of the morn encased her form, which caused her to tighten her cape slightly, but did not still her rapid strides towards her destination.

Happiness filled Elizabeth ’s features as she approached the stall that held her mare. Despite her father’s scoff that people don’t name beasts of burden, she had done so regardless. Dawn, the mare which possessed large, uncharacteristic blue eyes, was the name she bestowed upon her. Dawn greeted her with a slight huff and bob of her head. Instantly, Elizabeth called to the stable hand, to bring Dawn forward and prepare her for the ride.


Once Dawn was ready, Elizabeth approached her tenderly. Lost in her thoughts, she stroked and nuzzled her deep chocolate brown coat, as she cooed affectionate words to her mare. Elizabeth was unaware of another’s approach, until he spoke,

“Beautiful.” A deep baritone voice caressed Elizabeth ’s mind, which caused ripples of desire to fill her.

“She is. Her mother was of equal beauty…”

“No, you have mistaken my words Elizabeth. Beautiful is the word denoted for the woman that stands before me. Not the beast, she strokes.” William’s words were deep and even, as he approached Elizabeth. His chest mere inches from her back, the heat of his body radiated upon her, his breath upon the nape of her neck.

Elizabeth ’s eyes fluttered close, from the barrage of William’s overwhelming presence; his unique scent, his rumbling voice, the effortless magnetism in which always drew her closer. Shaky words tumbled from her quivering lips,

“William, as flattering as your words are, they are mistaken.” A soft moan escaped her lips, when she felt his body press against hers. His lips skimmed the flesh upon her throat.


“ Elizabeth, you are correct about the wrongness of my choice in words, but not in the reason for my proclamation of them. Beautiful falls short of the truth. You are breathtaking, majestic, and exquisite; both in features and heart.” William’s words ended with dances of breath upon her skin. Once they ceased, his lips replaced the air. Tender caresses caused tendrils of desire to pulse within. Elizabeth ’s rose-tipped nipples pebbled within her corset. Her womb clenched with yearning.

“William,” Elizabeth ’s pleas filled the air, while her hand wound into the locks, urging him to continue. His hands splayed upon her abdomen, possessively drawing her closer.

Within the distance, William heard gravel crumble under the weight of numerous feet. With a final leisurely kiss, he pulled from her form. Elizabeth swayed slightly, from his ministrations and departure. Her eyes opened, while she turned to question William’s departure. In the distance, she witnessed her father, as well as four huntsmen, approach.

Her hazy gaze fell upon William’s. His breathing was labored, eyes dark with desire. Elizabeth knew if she were to glance upon a mirror, she would see the same exhibits in an attempt to tame desire.

“Your Grace, what a wonderful morn for the hunt!” Lord Summers’ voice was boisterous, as he bowed before William.

“Yes, Lord Summers, a beautiful morn.” William’s heated gaze fell upon Elizabeth with his words. The blush that began to wane renewed with a bright pinkish hue.

Despite Lord Summers’ lack of acknowledgement of The Duke’s affections towards Elizabeth, did not negate what was plain to see. In addition to the incident last eve, and the circle of emeralds upon her throat, Lord Summers’ was aware of His Grace’s fondness for his daughter.

Regardless of this knowledge, Lord Summers was slightly perplexed with The Duke’s intensions. The reason for his presence in France was to bring Elizabeth to England. Under the guise of a Lady in Waiting to the Queen, she would be a mistress to the King.

What added to the confusion, Lord Summers believed that he was familiar with the women that The Duke’s preferred, which is the same as he. Women with pliable minds, bodies and resolves, qualities in which His Grace would not find in his daughter.

“Maybe the King instructed that she needed to be well versed in how to pleasure a man, before she lies with him. Yes, that is it, only the best for the King,” Lord Summers’ inwardly thought while he mounted his horse. Once he was astride, Lord Summers spoke,

“Your Grace, what is your pleasure this morn? Stag? Wild Boar? The beasts upon my lands are for the taking!”

William’s brow quirked up wards, a hint of a feral grin graced his lips upon Lord Summers’ question. All the while his gaze remained on Elizabeth. Trying to lessen William’s attention upon her, Elizabeth mirrored her father’s actions by mounting her mare. William’s eyes widened briefly, as she sat astride the beasts back. Most noble women, whom did not ride with a man’s aid, utilized sidesaddles.

“Not my Elizabeth, a rare gem which continues to shine above all others,” William silently thought, as he too mounted his steed. Ending the silence, William responded to Lord Summers’ previous query,

“Lord Summers’ wild boar sounds a delicious way to end the eve, do you agree?”

“Yes, Your Grace, wild boar it is! Shall we?” Simultaneously, with dual heels into his horse’s side and a boisterous ‘hah’, Lord Summers and the huntsmen, galloped towards the outlining woods.

Before Elizabeth could follow, William’s teasing voice stopped her movements.

“With no man to aid in your ride, how are you to manage holding on during the hunt, sweet Elizabeth?”

“Why, the same as you, Your Grace. I’ll use my thighs.” With a brazen smile upon her lips, Elizabeth ’s spurred her mare forward. Her purred words still echoed within William’s mind, as she raced ahead. The feral grin that he once contained burst forward and held steady, as he followed.


After a mile of a full gallop, Elizabeth and William stopped next to Lord Summers, who was speaking with his huntsmen.

“Your Grace, I was informed that the Limier tracked the wild-boar into a thatch of dense forest three miles to the East, this morn. We awaited your arrival before we unleashed the Porcelaines. On your signal, the huntsman will do so.”

William eyed the pack of energetic dogs. Each appeared eager to be set loose, as they paced and yelped. He turned to Elizabeth and spoke,

“ Elizabeth, would you care to give the word?”

“If it pleases you, Your Grace.” Her words were formal, yet held an undercurrent of teasing and promises, which made William’s mind race.

“It does please me. Release the hounds,” William instructed. His eyes flashed with desire.

“Release the hounds!” Elizabeth ordered. Instantly, the harness that held the dogs back, released. With urgency, they raced into the direction of their quarry. The hunting party followed closely behind into the dense forest.

After two hours of tracking, cornering and killing the boar, members of the hunting party headed towards the manor. Once they cleared the forest, a servant upon foot, approached Lord Summers. Following his bow, he spoke through winded breath,

“My Lord…Monsieur Deveaux…is at the manor…demanding your presence.”

“Whatever for?” Lord Summers barked, as he shifted upon his horse.

“Under strict instructions from his master, he will not leave his wares, unless he speaks with you.”

“Tell that rogue that his wares are of ill quality and his master is not mine. I do not come when beckoned!” Lord Summers’ enraged voice caused the servant to flinch and his head to lower, shielding his features under locks of unkempt hair. Despite his hesitance, the servant spoke once more,

“Lord Summers, before I carry out your request, if I may be so bold to speak?”

“If you feel that your back needs more taste of my whip…” Before he could finish his words, William calmly interrupted,

“What is the urgency of the matter, boy?”

“Monsieur Deveaux wares are for the feast tonight. If he leaves without delivery, preparations will be brought to a standstill,” The servant’s shaky voice was muffled, as his head remained bowed. Lord Summers gaze narrowed upon the servant before he addressed him,

“Boy, time was wasted with our verbal dance! If Monsieur has parted, you will surely feel my whip! Please excuse me Your Grace. I must attend to this issue.” With a slight bow, Lord Summers galloped back towards the manor, the servant running behind.

“Thank you William in your intervention. My father has a short temper, which usually results in miscommunications. For my father, there is a great distance between another’s mouth and his ears. If he shortened the distance, many problems would be adverted.”

“Unfortunately, this quality is often shared among men.” William’s chuckle followed his response.

“Not you William. I feel that you treat each word from another, as precious. Regardless, if they are from the mouths of a servant or the King himself.” Elizabeth ’s tone was soft, yet firm. Her gaze held upon his.

“Elizabeth, it is merely your presence that brings forth this quality that you hold in high regard. You make me desire to be a better man.”

“William?”

“Yes, my sweetheart?”

“I fear that once we reach England, this will all dissolve. Your life that you had created there will come forward and consume our newfound love.” Elizabeth ’s voice, which started strong and decisive, began to wane, which finished as mere whispers upon her last word. William moved his horse alongside hers. He removed his glove, and placed his hand tenderly upon her cheek.

“Never, Elizabeth. Regardless of where we roam, my heart and soul belong to you and you alone. No one, King nor God himself, will pull our love asunder.” William’s tone was filled with love and devotion, as his thumb gently stroked her skin.

“Regardless where we roam?” A teasing smile filled her features, as she responded.

“To the ends of the world and beyond,” William’s voice echoed hers in tone, as his smile mirrored hers.

“Not to end of the world, William, just a small patch of fields that houses the beauties of wild flowers, is my destination.” Upon her words, Elizabeth urged her horse into motion. With promises of Elizabeth within his arms, William instantly followed in the wake of her laughter.

William attempted to keep pace with Elizabeth. However, due to her familiarity with these woods and the agility of her horse, he fell several lengths behind. Around a bend of English elms, she disappeared from sight. William slowed his steed to a trot, as he approached. Once he curved around the largest tree, the land opened to a field, which was filled with a myriad of wildflowers. Off to the left, was a winding brook, where her horse was drinking. To his right, he caught a glimpse of Elizabeth, as she scampered further out of sight.

William steered his horse to the brook, and dismounted. His steed immediately joined hers, to quench its thirst. Recalling the hunt earlier, William slowly stalked towards the area where he witnessed her last. A predatory grin graced his full lips, while his head tilted slightly to catch the slightest sound.

A small giggle floated through the air, which pervaded his mind with words of poetry. With blithe, William called forth through the patch of trees,

“I was warned that there are nymphs that lurk among these woods…” When William entered another small clearing, he witnessed Elizabeth round a large beech tree. He waited for a moment to see if she moved. When she did not, he proceeded forward. His words continued, “With hair spun of the finest gold, eyes of green and features only bestowed upon angels themselves…” William rounded the beech. Flush against the trunk, was Elizabeth. Her face was bright with a rosy hue, chest heaving with exertion and excitement. Her eyes were wide with mirth and desire. William approached her. He braced his hands on either side of her body, as the rest of his words followed, “they are known to make the strongest men weak.”

William captured Elizabeth ’s lips in a demanding kiss. With equal vigor, she returned his passion. In an instant, their arms grasped and pulled one another closer. Only layers of clothing separated them. A single hand wound into her tresses. His mouth moved from her lips, to the sensitive column of her throat. Mews of pleasure echoed through the woods, which urged him to continue.

With deft fingers, he released the tie of her cloak, which slid from her shoulders and fell to the forest floor. Elizabeth ’s fingers eagerly toyed with his hair, releasing it from the dressing.

William’s mouth continued downwards. His tongue skillfully caressed her collarbone, but never lowering. With a breathy permission of “please”, he traveled lower. With lips and tongue, William lavished attention upon the exposed portions of her breasts, which spilled over her corset. Her mind swirled with desire, in which she had never experienced before.

Gradually, William lowered Elizabeth upon the forest floor. Dried leaves of the past autumn laid beneath her. Apart from her head, which was pillowed upon her cloak. Despite their descent, William’s mouth continued to bestow blissful ministrations. Once reclined, his form lay to her left side. One hand was placed upon her cheek. The other was used to steady his body. Whispers of worship, teased her flesh, along with his mouth.

“My love…my heart…my soul…my Elizabeth …”

Elizabeth ’ mouth pursed, his name hovered upon her lips. His hand left her cheek and leisurely descended her side. Fingers danced upon the bindings of her corset, but never releasing. To urge his continuance, Elizabeth raised her hand, and guided his to the beginning of the fastening. With skillful fingers, he pulled, to release the bindings and expose her flesh. Cool air rushed forward, in combination with his mouth, caused her flesh to sing with pleasure.
William shifted slightly to remove the barrier from his desire. Elizabeth’s nipples pebbled, as the fabric grazed her sensitive nubs. Within moments, her breasts were exposed to his hungry gaze and mouth. William’s whisper filled her mind,

“Effulgent.”

As his words still echoed within, the heat of his mouth was upon her virgin flesh. Her back bowed slightly, while her mind whirled. The only words that tumbled from her lips were the chant of his name,

“William…William…”

He continued to explore her with tantalizing strokes of his tongue, and grazes of his soft lips. With equal vigor, his hand joined his mouth upon her breasts. Elizabeth ’s hand grasped his locks holding him upon her, while the other clutched the leather of his doublet.

William’s hand moved from her chest and continued to lower, first grazing her side, then her hip. Elizabeth tensed slightly, as she felt him gathering her dress within his hand. William immediately extracted his mouth, his gaze lifted towards hers, as he stilled his hand.

“Elizabeth, please do not be frightened. My desire for you is overriding my mind and will. Please accept my apologies for my roguish behavior.”

William attempted to extract himself from her. Elizabeth ’s hand upon his back tightened. Subsequent to a deep breath, she responded,

“William, I desire you, more than I am able to explain. My heart and body cries out for yours. Nevertheless, my mind is clear. My maidenhead is for you upon our wedding night.”

“ Elizabeth, before you, my life was mere shadows. You have brought me into the light. Every day I intend to win your love time and again. We will wait, until we are wed.”

William released her gown, while he sat up. With skillful hands, he aided in lacing her corset. Tenderly, he placed chaste kisses upon her flesh as he worked. Once he was finished, he pulled her forward for another mind-bending kiss, which ended all too soon.

Gallantly, he aided her to stand, brushing leaves from their forms. Elizabeth placed another tender kiss upon his lips, as she weaved her fingers into his. Hand and hand they exited the woods. Their horses remained by the brook, feeding upon the tender spring grass.

William held Elizabeth ’s mare, as she mounted her ride. Once settled, he followed suit. William pulled along side her. Leaning forward, he placed another kiss upon her lips. Pulling away slightly, he spoke,

“May the best man win.” Upon his words, William spurred his steed into a full gallop. William was several lengths ahead before his words penetrated Elizabeth ’s mind.

“Best woman!” Elizabeth ’s yell became lost among the sounds of pounding hoofs, as she prodded her horse to follow.

Once Elizabeth caught William, they remained alongside one another until her elm appeared, in the distance. Silently considering their race was a draw each slowed their horses, until they achieved a leisurely gait.

Once alongside the elm, Elizabeth stilled her horse, which caused William to do the same. He pulled alongside her. Without words, each leaned forward, their lips meeting. Several moments passed, before they broke apart. With gentle words, he instructed her to go forward, as he followed towards the stables.


Standing within her chamber’s window, Lady Summers witnessed the passionate exchange between her daughter and The Duke. As a lioness with her cub, protectiveness roared through her veins. With resolve that was clear, Lady Summers vowed that the knowledge of utmost importance will be brought into the light…the truth behind The Duke of Suffolk’s presence.




Chapter End Notes:
Oh, for anyone that follows the Tudors on Showtime, the last season starts on April 11th! I can't wait!!!!