Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope everyone is enjoying my tale! Big...big thanks to Sanityfair...your the best!!!!
Intense, interlocking gazes held firm. The outside world fell away. Existence only encompassed them. Measured, mirrored breaths marked time. Ripples of desire skimmed over their sensitive flesh. In an instant, this intense connection was gone.





“Bloody hell!” A short-lived growl erupted from Spike, while he shook his left hand vigorously. The once harlequin moment, replaced with the harsh reality, of a slayer and vampire standing in a graveyard; in the middle of the night. Before Buffy could fully shake the dream-like stare, he spoke,





“The bleedin’ fag got my fingers…that bloody hurt!” With this declaration, Spike placed his two injured fingers within his mouth.





“Huh?” was the extent of Buffy’s comment, due to her mind still wrapped up within the intense moment that had passed between them.





“The cigarette luv, burnt my digits,”




Spike answered, once he extracted his fingers with a slight pop. Buffy’s gaze focused on his mouth.



“I love those full lips and that talented tongue, how it writhes and strokes his teeth when he taunts. Oh, what those magnificent assets did to me during Willow’s spell. What they could be doing to me now...” Spike interrupted Buffy’s inner monologue,



“Buffy?”




“Huh?”




“You already said that…”




“Yeah…well…I hope you feel better, and I guess on that note, let’s call it a night.” With that, Buffy quickly turned to leave.






“Have a nice night slayer,” Spike responded to her retreating form. Buffy’s movements ceased, once his words reached her. With slight ire, she turned her gaze to him.




“So, that’s all you have to say?”


“Um…sleep tight, don’t let the bed bugs bite?” Spike questioned with slight confusion, in an instant her ire transformed into fury.


“I thought I lived on the river of de-Nile! I never take a chance, when it comes to emotional things…been burnt too many times to count. For once, I decided, hey give it a chance! Listen to my emotions! Forget what Giles or the others say…forget about my sacred duty…forget that I just got dumped…AGAIN! See and this is what I get…a vampire with a sudden case of short term memory loss! Just forget what I said…forget the whole thing!”





Buffy’s clipped, pacing movements nearly worn a path in the soft grass. Her constant movement matched her words, which spilled forth, like an overflowing river after days of heavy rains. Once she finished, her gaze fell upon the uncharacteristically silent vamp then she spoke,





“Well? You’ve picked a fine time to practice the art of silence Spike! Say something!”





“Was just soaking it all in. Then I was wondering if I was asleep, or a portal of some sort, maybe a doppelganger dimension sucked me in? Maybe even a portal that brought me into a dimension that is about sleeping? That would explain what’s been going on.” Spike shook his head in agreement with his own thoughts.





“That’s what you have to say! I spill my heart out, and you are thinking about sleeping and portals!” Upon her last words, Buffy’s voice reached a heightened shrill.





“Easy on the lobes, luv, sensitive vamp’s hearing, yeah? I heard everything you said Buffy, it’s just very confusing that’s all. Only days ago you wanted to stake me, or at the very least, pop me in the nose. Now we’ve been talking and getting along, which in it’s self is strange. Next, you bring up about how vamp’s bite for pleasure…then…well you know the rest. There is no other explanation except a dream or an alternative universe,” Spike stated with certainty.





“I was just curious. You know, like last time when that 80’s flunky got the best of me and fed me my own stake. Like that.” Uncertainty laced each of her words and actions. Her gaze darted around the cemetery, never landing upon him.





“Ah-huh…well since there’s no dosh, nor you standing over me being all superior, I don’t believe it. Also, try using a little more conviction next time, and then maybe one of us would believe that line of shite.”





“Look, Spike, I’m really tired. I would like to go home now, repress all of this and move on. Goodnight Spike.” Buffy turned to head toward home. Spike’s firm voice stilled her movements,





“Buffy, do you truly want to know, or was it for curiosity sake?” Silence fell briefly between the pair. Within moments, Buffy’s whispered response, reached Spike’s sensitive ears, which caused the sweetest smile to grace his lips.





“I truly want to know, and I want you to show me.”





Without a sound, Spike was behind her. His unique essence permeated her senses. Leather, bourbon, cigarettes and pure male tickled her nose, filling her lungs. Her skin prickled with the intense energy and raw sexuality that crackled from his being. His unneeded breathing resounded within her ears. Buffy’s lids fluttered from his closeness. His lulling, deep baritone voice bombarded her mind, causing her body to shudder.





“I’ve longed to hear those words…sweeter than any other. You aren’t aware of the power you have over me, are you? This tiny warrior, who had slain many, has bewitched the slayer of slayers with mere words. Your every wish is my command, until the end of time; if you will have me. However, know this, once my fangs pierce your throat you will belong to me, for eternity. Never will another touch you, nor possess you. Do not take this lightly. There is much to consider Buffy, now leave me. Let me know when you’ve made your decision. Tonight will be the end or the beginning, it’s your choice.”





Spike spoke his final words against the sensitive column of her throat. Placing a tender kiss upon her flesh, just above her rapid pulse, he was gone. Shakily, Buffy turned. Her gaze met with an empty cemetery, no Spike. She shuddered. With a racing mind, and on unsteady legs, Buffy made her way home.





She continued to replay the events of the evening. Tucked in her bed a long while after, his words still played in her mind, causing her pulse to race once more. Finally, when the dawn broke over the horizon, sheer exhaustion pulled Buffy into the realm of sleep.













Chapter End Notes:
Yes, I know that was a short chapter, especially by my typical wordyness. Just a little taste to wet your whistles to what is to come! Give me reviews they feed my muse like yummy PIZZA ROLLS!!! he he...that was for you PaganBaby!