Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope everyone is enjoying! Big thanks, as always, to beta extraordinaire, Sanityfair!
“For a man that’s lived over 120 years and has eternity before him, the past three days have been the longest of my undead life,” Spike growled inwardly. To an outsider, viewing him slouched in his battered chair, gaze fixed on the tele; he appeared relaxed. However, if one could read minds, they would hear the incessant replay of nonstop questions and concerns churning within.



These questions and concerns were beginning to break down the resolve he’d carefully built. Resolve constructed of self-control and restraint he normally didn’t possess. Patience was not Spike’s forte. Regardless, he awaited Buffy’s decision. She would make her decision without his interference. He may not agree, or like it, but he would accept it nonetheless. So here he sat.



Spike’s mind continued to race with thoughts of Buffy. On the outskirts of these thoughts, the continual buzz from the tele droned on. Within an instant, every sound disappeared. Replaced by the well known tingles pervading his senses, licking upon every nerve in his being. The Slayer was close, Buffy. Within moments, her knock resounded. The door slowly opened then her soft, tentative voice filled the room.



“Spike?”



Spike’s handsome face split wide with mirth. His mind screamed this was an alternate universe; which he ignored and spoke,



“Yeah, come on in Buffy.”



Buffy slid in past the partially opened door to ensure no more harmful sunlight spilled into his crypt. Once she entered, she closed the door quietly behind her. After several brief moments, she turned to faced Spike, who remained seated. A small, shy smile graced her lips before she spoke,



“Hey. Am I interrupting anything? I didn’t wake you, did I?” She rolled her eyes and continued, “Duh! I’m such an idiot! Daytime. Vampire. You were sleeping, weren’t you? I’ll come back later. Well, if that’s ok with you, I’ll come back. I’m not trying to impose...” Buffy’s breath hitched slightly, while she tried to catch some much-needed air, she’d lost during her rant.



Spike stood, and with measured strides, he approached Buffy; still hovering by the closed door. It appeared as though he had just risen. He was shirtless and barefoot, wearing only his faded black denims slung low on his slender hips. His bleached locks tousled. Buffy’s heated gaze traveled over his form as he approached.



“Where should I begin? No. No. No, you’re not. Yes. Yes. No. Please don’t leave. Yes, it will always be ok with me. You’re not,” Spike answered each of Buffy’s questions in order. A teasing smirk on his lips the entire time.

“Huh?” was the only word that Buffy could form, while her gaze remained fixed on his body.



“Never mind kitten. What brings you to my humble abode at this hour?”



“I’ve been thinking. Well, that’s an understatement, that’s all I’ve been doing these past three days. My head is about to burst, like a piñata at a five- year- old’s birthday party!” Buffy huffed, slightly flustered, her gaze finally reaching his, once she finished.



“Nice imagery. I wouldn’t say that too loud. Around here anything could happen,” Spike whispered, in a teasing tone.



“Yeah, you’re right. Ixnay on the eadhay urstbay,” Buffy’s hushed, teasing tenor, mirrored his. After her words left her mouth, she locked her lips with an invisible key, tossing it away. Attempting to retain the light mood, Spike decided to encourage her stay, by using some common hospitality.



“Would you care for something to drink, maybe something to snack on?” Spike offered, while he proceeded to walk towards his fridge. Once opening the door, he began to list its contents, “Um…well we have blood and more blood. A pint of Guinness…ahhh here it is…Diet Coke.” Spike pulled the chilled beverage from the shelf. Placing it on top of the fridge, he leaned down once more to further his exploration. While inside, shifting the contents, he spoke again, “I have some chocolate around here somewhere. Well, unless I ate it. Sometimes I dunk snacks in the blood while I’m watching tele.”



All the while Spike was occupied, Buffy was also preoccupied. Her eyes remained fixed upon Spike’s firm backside. Especially, the muscles that played under his alabaster skin, while he moved. Once her eyes drank in the utter perfection of his back, her gaze lowered to another flawless asset. Encased in worn denim, begging for further exploration were two perfect round globes. Buffy’s hands twitched, having mind of their own. The only sound she heard was the steady tattoo of her heartbeat pounding within her ears. This was until another; word more formidable reached her ears…chocolate. “Ohh…chocolate and lips of Spike…mmm…” Buffy thought before she responded,



“Mmmm…chocolate,” Buffy purred.



“Yeah, I don’t think that I have any…” Before Spike could finish his statement, a heady essence bombarded his senses, arousal; the tantalizing musk of unbridled desire. This delectable aroma immediately displaced the dank, musky air of his crypt. Pulled from his task, Spike straightened to his full height. Nostrils flared. Jaw clenched. Once clear blues, flashed golden, then back. Within the confines of its denim prison, his manhood lengthened and hardened. Before trusting himself to turn to the owner of this intoxicating scent, he called out with a wavering voice,



“Buffy?” Prior to his echo receding, her husky voice responded,



“Yes, Spike?”



“So there are no misunderstandings, why are you here?”



Spike’s deep baritone tone was blithe, despite the overwhelming feelings and desires he felt. Buffy swallowed hard, trying to pass the lump that had formed in her throat, prohibiting her response. In the moments it took to collect thoughts, the haze cleared slightly. Buffy tried to focus, while she attempted to recall a piece of the original reason for coming here. Once she’d collected her thoughts, she continued,



“Giles left,” Buffy responded, with calmness she did not feel. Spike broke from his musings as if someone doused him with holy water.



“What?” Spike growled slightly, while he turned to face her. Buffy’s eyes widened briefly, when anger flashed across his features. In an attempt to calm him, she explained,



“No, Spike, not like that. Giles will only be going for a week. The Watcher's council, in England had some info on our latest baddie, that’s all.” Buffy’s voice now laced with a forlorn quality, despite her words.



“If it’s only a week, what’s with the gloomy tone?”



Spike’s brow furrowed somewhat while he questioned her, believing he could move toward Buffy, without pulling her into his arms and kissing her senseless, he proceeded forward. Once he was an arm’s length away, he stopped. Spike’s concerned gaze fixed upon hers. Buffy’s eyes appeared slightly misty with impending tears, this broke Spike’s undead heart.



“Why do the men in my life always leave?” Buffy’s gaze remained transfixed upon Spike, as if he possessed this answer.



“Luv, I can’t speak for all the other wankers before. All I can say is if it’s any consolation, I’m still here.” Spike tenderly placed a wayward, golden lock behind the shell of her ear. His fingertips lingered upon the softness of her skin briefly, before he begrudgingly pulled away.



“Yeah, yeah you are. Why is that?” Buffy’s voice, a mere whisper, broke the deafening silence between them. Following a brief chuckle, Spike responded,



“If you haven’t guessed by now, I’m hard headed, relentless and…” Before he could finish, Buffy’s voice broke through his words,



“A true man.” Buffy’s words were gentle, but decisive. A soft smile danced across Spike’s lips. His response filled with mirth,

“I was going to go for determined, but I like you’re words much more.” Their gazes remained steady. After several moments, Spike spoke, “Buffy, I hate to ruin the mood, well if there is one, but where does this leave us?”



Her tears once threatening to fall were gone. Her green gaze heated, she stepped forward. Placing her petite hands upon his sculpted chest, she purred her response,



“Spike, it leaves us standing here, with far too many clothes on, especially for what I have in mind.”



Chapter End Notes:
Please...please...please give me reviews! Feed the muse!