Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope everyone is enjoying my story! Thanks always to Sanityfair for her support and being my beta. Without her help my stories would be crap! Also thanks to Pixiecorn for her lovely banner!
After choking down most of the vile food-like substance, Buffy tried to rest. Her lids refused to obey as Darin’s words, “First battle tonight little girl” incessantly rattled in her mind. Darin’s voice was then replaced by her own thoughts.



“Besides my first few months with Merrick and the yearly apocalypses, I can’t remember ever being this nervous about fighting a demon.”



Across the way, Spike remained unusually quiet, with the exception of some random lyrics he softly sang, while he casually lounged on his bed. His exterior appeared calm and collected, but his mind rambled.



“Even as a fledgling, I never truly worried about becoming dust. Hell, I sought out my own demise! For over a hundred and twenty years, one way or another, I could escape any situation. Even when it seemed impossible, the possible happened. The rabbit’s foot and horseshoe I have shoved up my arse, better do their jobs! Well at least another twenty-one times! Spike inwardly scoffed.



Unable to remain sitting, Buffy began pacing the room. With each passing, her eyes fixated on the ‘outfit’. The leather disaster remained on her bed, except for the tiny scrap on the floor.



Following her mini temper-tantrum, Spike’s amusement seemed to echo endlessly, until it was finally replaced by sputters of dying laughter. Once ended, the silence began. Buffy surprisingly preferred his amusement to the silence that now hung heavily in the room.



The pacing continued, until Buffy flopped down on her bed. Surprisingly, she had the urge to talk to someone about how worried she was. The only person there was Spike. Strangely, she really wasn’t too put off by that.



“Spike?”



To her own ears, she sounded foreign. This was mainly due to the once continuous silence, but partly from the politeness of her tone.



“Yeah?”



“Are you…what I mean…I’m kinda…I know this sounds weird but…never mind.”



Spike’s features filled with curiosity, from her stammered speech. Buffy normally wouldn’t initiate a conversation with him, unless it was laced with threats. She also appeared somewhat nervous. Needing to know what she was thinking, he sat up to face her.



“What’s on your mind Slayer?”



Buffy’s gaze fell to her bare feet, as she slowly drew an arc with her pointed toes. Her whispered response broke through the awkwardness.



“I’m nervous.”



Her declaration caught him off guard. He waited for several beats before he commented.



“Did you?”



“Yeah, I said it, I’m nervous.”



“What for? You’re the bloody slayer! This is in your job description, another day at the bleedin’ office.”



“And it probably will be, it’s just…” with a shoulder shrug, she continued, “I never had to fight under these conditions before.”



“What? Decked out in Xena attire?” Spike gave a deep chuckle. Hearing this, Buffy stood and began to pace once more. Her arms flailed, as she seethed.



“See…I knew I shouldn’t have said anything! Stupid Buffy, thinking I could talk to you about anything!”



“I am little nervous too, Slayer.”



As always, Spike’s mouth moved before his brain could have a say in the matter. Saying this, his gaze fell from her, to his own feet. Buffy’s movements abruptly stopped. Her eyes widened slightly, as her head slowly swiveled to look towards him.



“Did you?”



“Yeah…yeah I did. Enjoy it while you can Slayer, cuz I’m completely off my bird at this moment, and I will never admit anything of the sort to you, again.”



Spike’s gaze lifted and met hers. A silent acknowledgement and a trivial amount of camaraderie passed between the two. Before another word could be spoken, a loud voice sounded through the room.



“Twenty minutes!”





Buffy’s eyes moved first towards the doorway, then to her bed-- more specifically to the articles of leather there. Spike’s laughter recommenced as Buffy blanched from the task before her putting these vile pieces on her body.



“Looks like I’m going to get a show! Damn…all I need is some blood, bottle of Jack and my fags, and this would be exactly like that time in Amsterdam’s red light district!”



“Shut up Spike.” Buffy’s voice didn’t hold its typical bravado, and seemed to hold more of a tone of embarrassment than anger.



“Now, now, don’t be like that. Come on, give Spike a little show.”



With a devilish leer, his gaze traveled over her body, holding briefly on her breasts before descending further. Fury consumed Buffy as she scooped up the clothing and threw them.



“If you like them so much, you wear them!”



With agile grace, he stood and caught them mid flight. He appreciatively held up each garment for inspection. The tip of his tongue pressed against his front teeth, while his eyes and hands moved over the leather.



“Your sick Spike!”



“What, not sick, just a man. Appreciative of scantly leather-clad, gorgeous women…” Buffy’s brow arched at his words. Before she commented, he continued, “or a pesky Slayer who is about to be embarrassed beyond belief, beaten and killed. You know, the standard evil trinity for a good day.”



Spike lobbed the clothing towards her and returned to his bed, discreetly hiding the erection forming within his snug denims. Buffy begrudgingly picked them up off the floor.



Her eyes widened and darted over towards the wall behind him, as she silently attempted to hint, in her mind, the obvious. Spike’s gaze remained on her, completely ignoring to her hints.



With a huff, she scoffed, “Spike…turn around!”



“No…make me.” With a smug grin, he crossed his arms over his chest and met her challenging glare straight on.



“Spike, please. Despite how much I hate to say it, I have to put this…these on!” Buffy huffed with exasperation.



“And…”



With a slow, steady intake of breath, she answered, “And I would appreciate it if you gave me some semblance of privacy.”



Spike’s mind rambled with more witty banter, but noticing the death-grip that she had on the clothing and the beseeching tone of her voice, he relented.



“Fine…fine, but I get to say whatever I want, when you’re changed. Deal?”



With a shake of her head, Buffy agreed begrudgingly. “Yeah, deal.”



Spike stood and walked towards the wall. He placed his forehead upon the cool metal and called out, “Go for it Slayer.”



He could hear the distinctive sound of her disrobing. The metal from his zipper, bit into his erection, as a mixture of pleasure and pain radiated throughout his body. His mind started to picture her, as she was at this very moment, completely bare.



In his mind’s eyes he envisioned, her flawless bronzed skin. Small pert breasts, adorned with rosy peaks, puckered from the chilled air. Gazing lower, her flat, toned abdomen, which housed a tiny navel, just made for the tip of his tongue. Further still, her cleanly shaven mound.



He then pictured her splayed upon her bed, thighs parted, offering him a glimpse of perfection…her quim. Hidden within her velvety folds, the sweet distended pearl and the epitome of heaven, her heated core. His gaze fixed on her body, until her husky voice pulled his eyes upward…Spike…




“Spike…hello…Spike!”



“Wot?”



“I’ve been calling you for like…forever, and nothing! If you want to keep staring at the wall, fine by me!”



Spike lids fluttered, as he pulled himself from his thoughts and the wall. Slightly shifting his hips, he dislodged his cock, which was most likely permanently imprinted with metal tracks. He turned towards her voice. All he had envisioned paled in comparison to the sight before him.



Her petite, womanly form was adorned with minuscule scrapes of strategically placed black leather. It appeared each piece was custom made for her, as they highlighted her finer assets: small, pert breasts, toned and flawless skin. Staring in awe, Spike’s didn’t hear nor did he process her demand.





“…boots?”





“What?”



“I said, give me my boots.” Buffy didn’t appear affected by the outfit, despite her earlier ranting. Her voice was filled with strength and authority. Spike scarred brow cocked from her tone. His snarky response followed.



“I see that you’re taking the Dominatrix mind-set like a duck to water, Slayer. Bully for you. Just remember, I don’t give a damn what you say or how you say it. If you want your boot, you gotta beg for it.”



Buffy crossed her arms over her leather-covered breasts, with a huff and eye roll. Knowing that the guards would be coming back soon, she relented.



“Please Spike, can I have my boots?” Buffy asked offhandedly.



“Yeah, don’t seem too sincere there Slayer. You need to do…much…better…than…that. Get on your knees and ask for it,” Spike taunted, following with his customary tongue roll. Buffy responded to his instruction with a death-glare. With an exaggerated exhale of breath she lowered herself into a kneeling position.



“Please Spike, can I have them?” Buffy’s voice lost its harshness, and was replaced with a smooth, seductive tone.



Spike’s cock jumped, scrapping against the metal zipper once more. His eyes flashed with pure desire. He attempted to rein in his lust as the heavy silence enveloped them. After several moments, he tossed over one boot. Still kneeling, Buffy caught the boot, sat down and slipped it on. Once finished, she looked at him poignantly, silently demanding the second. Spike noticed her look and responded.



“What? I said ask for it not them. You have to do something else to get the other one. Now let me think of something creative…” With exaggerated taps on his chin, Spike continued to eye her.



Before Buffy could snap her response, another voice sounded throughout the room, “Prisoners, assume the position!”



Spike quickly tossed over her other shoe, while he groused, “Bloody pillocks taking away all my fun.”



Deftly, she caught the boot and started to slide her foot inside. Before she could finish, Jack and five guards sauntered into the room. Jack noticed that Buffy was still on the floor. He grabbed her by the hair, arching her neck backward to the point of pain, forcing her to face upward.



“I said assume the position!”



His fist still embedded in her hair, he began to drag her towards the back wall. Her arms and legs attempted to gain purchase in order to cushion the violent motion. Once they reached, he brutally released her, pulling some strands out in the process. Not making a sound, Buffy immediately scrambled into ‘position.’



At first, Spike watched with anger bubbling just under the surface. Despite the numerous times they had fought, this felt different, more vile and sadistic. While her hands and forehead remained placed, Jack landed several kicks to her ribs. Hearing her stifled cries and witnessing her winces, Spike’s demon roared forward.



“Oi, ya wanker! Leave the lady alone!”



Jack’s hate-filled glare fell on Spike. With a loud grunt, three guards rushed him, as Spike remained motionless. One guard hit him on the back of the neck with a crossbow, causing him to fall to one knee. Spike’s treatment mirrored Buffy’s except for a crossbow, loaded with a wooden arrow trained on his chest. He retained his position despite the blows he received.



Once the air returned to Buffy’s lungs, she yelled, “Stop, just stop it!”



Following several more strikes, Jack whistled and the guards backed off, with one leaving a parting kick to Spike's ribs. Jack grabbed Buffy’s hair once more, bringing her ear close to his mouth.



“Did we hurt your fellow demon? Makes my stomach churn at the thoughts of what you two have been doing in here…alone.”



“Planning on ways to kick your arse, that’s what we’ve been doin’,” Spike snapped as his golden glare fixed on Jack.



“Looks like you’re the one who was beaten, leech.”



“What…that? Mere love taps. I’ve received worse when I was shagging some bint.”



Spike’s taunting words, earned a sneer from Jack. Their hate-filled stares held, until Buffy shifted slightly.



Jack’s gaze lowered to the woman at his feet. With a clenched jaw he seethed, “Are you ready to die, little girl?”



With that, he pulled his hands from her tresses, as he pushed her head forward in the process. He stepped away, and with a nod of his head, instructed the guards to escort Buffy out of the room. Spike watched intently as they left. Momentarily, their eyes met before she was gone.



Spike slowly pulled himself from the wall and shuffled towards his bed. As the silence enveloped him, his gaze held firm on her empty side of the room.





Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are loved and cherished!