Author's Chapter Notes:
Elisabeth settles into married life quite happily.
Though it seemed like it took forever to get to Malaga, the return trip took no time. When Elisabeth walked into the spacious and colorful Victorian home, she felt safe, happy and that she belonged.

William put his arm around her shoulders. “Welcome to your home,” he whispered.

Anne greeted them warmly and ushered them in to a home-cooked meal. For the first course, they ate oysters sauteed in butter with mushrooms and onions. Anne ensured that all the tea served to her new daughter would have a a blend of Chaste berry in it. “So did you both enjoy Malaga?”

“Best time ever,” stated Elisabeth slightly blushing.

“So you took a tour of all the historic sites,” Anne queried.

“For a few days,” William volunteered.

“The rest of the time we were at the beach or the bungalow,” Elisabeth unabashedly admitted. She sipped her tea which had an odd but flowery taste to it. “This tea is different but I like it.”

When she heard that, Anne smiled. “It has a special blend of herbs for ...energy.” Then the sausage with chestnut stuffing was served. Anne couldn’t help but feel giddy as she watched her new daughter drink several cups of the tea. “I’m afraid the tea may not be working my dear. You look exhausted from your travels.” Anne turned to her son. “William, you should ensure your wife gets plenty of rest.”

Williams gulped down some wine. “I shall bed her immediately after dinner.”

Having overheard that remark, their maid gasped as she brought the bread pudding into the dining room. With the passing of several weeks, Anne didn’t mind the scandalous behavior the servants whispered about her son and his wife. For her, it meant that the tea and frequently served oysters were working.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Though the sun had barely winked to the night sky, Elisabeth awoke to a warm body pressing against her. William loved cuddling and she couldn’t be happier. However, an urgent matter at hand forced her away. Beneath her feet, a cold wooden floor made her hasten her way to the bathroom. *Maybe I’ve been drinking too much Swiss tea lately.* A few weeks ago she discovered the half lemonade with half tea mixture and couldn’t get enough since.

Afterwards, she dove under the covers and snuggled next to William who slept soundly after an early night of dancing followed by a late night of poetry writing. On the other hand, she only had a night of dancing followed by sleep due to exhaustion. As she brushed a few strands of light brown curls from his forehead, she pressed herself against his lean muscular form. “I’m cold.” Immediately, he pulled the blankets over them and wrapped his arms around her.

After a little snooze, she awoke to find William barely awake but gazing at her with a twinkle in his eyes that only happened when he looked at her. “William, I’m horny.”

A slight smile formed on his lips. “No need to pout love,” he replied. He clasped her hand and drew it slowly down his chest, over his stomach and down so she could grasp his hardness. “Time to perform your wifely duties,” he drawled.

“Don’t I always,” she replied sweetly.

“You do, like an obedient wife should.”

After three and a half months of marriage, Elisabeth could read her husband’s sexual mood quite well. “Obedient,” she stated stormily as she pinned him. For a moment, he struggled trying move his wrists that she held firmly. She nipped his neck causing a startled gasp. Beneath her he tensed from the unexpected hickey. Then a contented sigh escaped his lips. More followed with each hickey she trailed down his chest. The entire time he never uttered the word “Serenity,” their safe word.
--------------------------------------------------------
After church, they hurried home so William could grab a picnic basket filled with goodies. Arm in arm, they strolled to Battersea Park. A few buds of spring adorned some of the shrubbery while the leaves sprouted from the trees. Near the pavilion, they attended an art show. William purchased for her a beaded bracelet that represented every color of spring. Several eyebrows raised when Elisabeth threw her arms around her husband. Even more eyebrows raised when William kissed her soundly. “That was most inappropriate.”

“My wicked wife makes me behave that way.” As they strolled to their favorite tree, he put his arm around her shoulders. “And, I don’t want her to ever change.”

After dining on roasted chicken sandwiches and grapes, they decided to take a skiff and paddle in the lake. Elisabeth hopped in and grabbed the oars before William had a chance. Immediately, she launched the boat causing William to nearly fall into the seat. Strong strokes propelled them ahead of several other skiffs.

“I must insist that I row. It is not proper for a man to let his wife do this sort of thing.” William tapped his fingers against the side of the boat and pulled his hat down to avoid embarrassment as they passed more skiffs. After a lap around each of the small islands she started to row towards their starting point. “This is most unacceptable.”

“I need the exercise. This dress used to be loose. Look how snug it is now.”

“You are still very beautiful.” William looked at her appreciatively.

“If I don’t exercise, I won’t be that way for long.”

“You were far too thin before. You needed to put on a stone.”

Her dear William thought she was too skinny and now he thought she was fat. At once, she pulled ashore and bolted. Halfway home between the emotional upset and a hard run, lunch revisited her making her feel even worse before she continued on her way home. Once she arrived at her home, she bounded upstairs to her and William’s room, brushed her teeth several times and stripped out of her snug clothing.

Not long after, William arrived and sat next to her on the bed. “Elisabeth, I was so worried.” Then he kissed her lightly on her forehead before he dampened a cloth to dab against her face. “You are the most gorgeous woman I’ve ever seen.”

“You’re just saying that.” Tears stung her eyes. “You thought I was too thin before and now you think I’m fat. You don’t think I’m beautiful.”

“I think you’re gorgeous and I’m not just saying that.” As she turned from him, he heard her sniffle. “The first time I saw you, I had to think grotesque thoughts to tame the beast below.” His remark yielded a slight giggle from her leaving him relieved. “Are you alright?”

“Just tired,” she muttered as she turned to face him. “And I’m just not feeling very well.”

“Well, that’s to be expected after rowing the entire lake faster than the Oxford Rowing Club.” When William saw the tiredness and self-doubt in his wife’s eyes, he knew just what to do.

Elisabeth relaxed into William’s tight hug while he rubbed gentle circles on her back. “You’re so good to me. I don’t deserve you.”

“Yes, you do but the next time we get into a fight, you have to forgive me.”

“One get out of jail free card for you,” she remarked. “I love you so much.” She looked at him and pouted. “Are you still leaving on business tomorrow?”

“I have to but I’ll be back on Tuesday.”

“Promise you won’t travel at night and you won’t let anyone in the cottage at night.” William snickered at her comment. “I mean it. Promise me,” she stated adamantly.

“As long as you promise me that you’ll take care of yourself.”
-----------------------------------------------------
Very early the next, Elisabeth felt a feather kiss on her lips just before William left for his business trip. Later that morning, she gratefully left for the shop. The extra hours helped her pass the time. Towards the end of her shift, Mrs. Leveau handed her a large sketch pad. “Elisabeth, for all your hard work and your very innovative ideas, we would like you to design four dresses for our new line. We’re going to feature you as our new protogee.”

“Oh my God, this is terrif!” She hugged Mrs. Leveau before she grabbed her sketch pad and ran home.
------------------------------------------------------
When she arrived, she found Anne knitting a pastel multicolored blanket. “Mum! The Leveaus have asked me to design some dresses for their new line.”

Anne immediately hugged her. “My dear, that is wonderful news. When William gets home, he’ll be quite proud as well.”

“Thanks,” she replied. “Since he’s away, I’m going to start on my sketches. It’ll help me keep from missing him so much.”

For a couple hours, Elisabeth sat across from an drawing various designs until a rancid smell assaulted her senses. Immediately, she covered her mouth. “What is that odor?”

“Dinner, oysters and mutten,” Anne answered. “It smells fine to me.”

Elisabeth’s stomach churned. “Excuse me,” she muttered as she covered her mouth.

The inhuman speed with which her daughter bolted to the restroom shocked Anne. Immediately, she had the cook cease cooking the oysters. Instead, she ordered her to keep soup, cheese, crackers and various other inocuous snacks handy.

She then poured a glass of Swiss tea for Elisabeth and brought it to her room along with some crackers and broth. Once Elisabeth finished eating, Anne brought the empty dishes downstairs. Cheerfully, she resumed her knitting for today was a happy day indeed.


Chapter End Notes:
Thank you all for the reviews. Chaste berry tea in small amounts was thought to alleviate amorous thoughts in monks. However, in larger amounts it has the opposite affect and is shown to increase fertility. Also, Oysters were very popular in Victorian England.