Author's Chapter Notes:
Elisabeth learns of her special news.
The remnants of another rough night lingered for Elisabeth causing Mrs. Leveau to order her home early the next afternoon. Knowing William would be home that night comforted Elisabeth as she removed his cream linen shirt from beneath her pillow. If it weren’t for last week’s horrible cramps and brief and spotty period, she would have sworn she was pregnant but she knew that wasn’t a possibility. *Aren’t I pathetic? Only two days without my husband and I miss him horribly.* The scent of William surrounded her as she changed into his shirt. This made her happy as well the large glass of Swiss tea the maid always kept fresh at her bedside. *And why can’t I get enough of this stuff?*

Dusk settled as Elisabeth awoke from her nap. Sensing her William nearby, she sauntered downstairs to find him fixing a drink in the parlor. From his slightly unkempt appearance, she surmised exactly what he had been up to. “You and Justin have been sparring.”

“We got back early. I thought you’d still be at the shop or I would have come straight home.” As his lips danced over hers, he untied her robe and pushed it off her shoulders.

“Someone will see us,” she whispered.

“I don’t care.” Quickly he unbuckled his pants. “Now show me exactly how happy you are to see me.”

Pushing aside his shirt that she wore, yanking down her knickers and backing her against the wall, Elisabeth saw William’s beastly side and soon enough she knew she would feel it. As always, it turned her on. She trembled momentarily before she wrapped her legs around his hips. Slipping her hands beneath his shirt, she pressed against him as he thrust with an animalistic lust. Every thrust brought her closer to the brink. “Oh God!” she screamed. An orgasmic tidal wave ravaged her body.

“Your pussy feels so damn good.”

“Baby, I know what you like.” Squeezing down on him, she felt his warmth flood into her. For a little while, she enjoyed his closeness as they held each other. “You were a bit barbaric.” She saw a look of worry cross his face. “I loved it.” Then she felt the scratch marks her nail left on his back as she slid off of him. “Oh William, I’m so sorry.”

“Don’t be. I loved it.” William gathered their clothing. “C’mon let’s get cleaned up for supper.” Suddenly, he swept her into a sensual. “By the way, I forgot to tell you I love you.”

“I love you too.”
-------------------------------------------------------
At the Leveaus’ shop the later that week, Elisabeth found a poem that William wrote and slipped in her purse.

i like my body when it is with your
body. It is so quite a new thing.
Muscles better and nerves more.
i like your body. i like what it does,
i like its hows. i like to feel the spine
of your body and its bones, and the trembling
-firm-smooth ness and which i will
again and again and again
kiss, i like kissing this and that of you,
i like, slowly stroking the, shocking fuzz
of your electric fur, and what-is-it comes
over parting flesh . . . . And eyes big love-crumbs,

and possibly i like the thrill

of under me you quite so new**

** e.e. cummings – i like my body when it is with yours

*I have completely corrupted him.*



Later, she busied herself raising some hemlines when Justin popped in unexpectedly. Often he came to dinner to visit with William and her with Jane. Normally on Wednesday afternoons, William and Justin brawled at Justin’s home. “Good afternoon Justin,” she greeted. “Are you and William practicing tonight since you missed last night?”

“Tuesday was the only practice for this week since St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner. We’re saving our strength for that.” Justin brushed back a dark lock of hair and his deep brown eyes darted around the shop nervously. “Would you have lunch with me?”

“Of course,” she replied. Now her curiosity was really peaked.
------------------------------------------------------
Over a lunch of sandwiches at a pleasant family restaurant, Justin seemed to enjoy his sandwich more than her since hers had an unpleasant aftertaste. However, it was a free lunch so she didn’t complain. Elisabeth eyed Justin who seemed twitchy. “What’s wrong?”

“Will you go shopping with me? I need to buy a wedding present for Jane. She’s very refined and I’m not good at that sort of thing…never mind.”

“All women love to shop, no problem at all.”

“I appreciate it.” Justin poured more tea for them. “You know you make William very happy. If it weren’t for you, I don’t think we would have become as close of friends as we are. You make him more …accessible. Before you, he was painfully shy.”

“William just needed someone to believe in him and I do. He thinks of you as the brother he never had.”

“I’m flattered.” Justin patted her hand. “Since William is like a brother to me that makes you like a sister. I know you have few relatives and if you ever need brotherly advice, yours truly is here.”

“Thank you,” she replied. “Your new sister is happy to help you.”

Justin looked at her half eaten sandwich. “Was the food alright?”

“Sometimes food tastes like metal lately but I think it’s just me.”

Justin tilted his head and stared at her moment before he finished his tea.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
After lunch, they went shopping since the Leveaus let her keep a flexible schedule. Elisabeth chose a tasteful silver broach that could be dressed up or down a green silk scarf to wrap it in. “Jane will love this. You have excellent tastes.”

“Anytime you need some shopping done, just ask.”

Justin smiled. “I’m sure you’ll be doing plenty of shopping soon enough.”

Elisabeth stared at him blankly. Sometimes she didn’t understand British humor. “Sure,” she answered.

“You look tired.” Justin offered his arm. “I’ll escort you home so you can nap. I’ll let the Leveaus know.”

“Don’t be so bossy. I’m not a child who needs a nap or an escort.” Elisabeth started to go the other way just to spite him.

“Stop being silly,” he said. “Do you want William to worry?”

“No,” she answered, reluctantly taking his arm.

“That’s a good girl.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Saint Patrick’s Day, Elisabeth dressed in a dark green satin dress while William wore in a green vest and tie with his cream color suit. After a late morning mass, they went to the same warehouse where they celebrated Halloween for the Sweeney and company Saint Patrick’s Day celebrations. Though she liked corned beef and cabbage before, now the dish tasted superb. Jane chatted with her for awhile about her upcoming nuptials. A lively jig resounded throughout the hall so she joined William and danced.

Two hours later, most of the women cleared away the food and the men drew straws to see who they would be fighting. Unlike the rest of her female brethren, Elisabeth stayed to watch. Then she saw who William would fight: big, brutish and ugly. Tears stung her eyes as she ran to find Justin. “You have to stop this. My poor William will be torn to shreds.”

“Overly emotional,” he muttered. Embarrassed to be seen, Justin grabbed his shirt and covered up since he had just finished his fight. “Don’t worry,” he assured her. “I’ll handle it.”

Since she didn’t want her husband to think she doubted his abilities, she cried in a corner.

Justin returned and gave her a handkerchief. “William will win. He has the advantage.”

“How can you say that?”

“Just watch,” he stated.

Elisabeth watched as her husband and Brute approached each other. Immediately, William dodged the rather slow punch aimed at him. Several times he danced around his opponent’s misses. Then William closed the distance with rapid furious punches as he sidestepped his opponent’s clumsy attempts.

“Some fighters pull their strength from anger; others use hatred but William uses something much more powerful, love.” Justin grinned when he thought about the little lie he told. “I told him that Angus grabbed your bottom.”

“Sometimes, I think you’re a bad influence on my sweet William.” Elisabeth gasped just as the world started to spin around her. “I feel strange.”

Justin scooped her up immediately and walked towards the kitchen. “My mother’s expecting you, just not like this.”

“Why is she expecting me?”

“Daft girl,” he muttered. In a back area, he laid her down on a bench and placed his coat beneath her head. “I’ll get mum.”

The dark haired matronly woman Elisabeth remembered from her wedding approached her and handed her a glass of tea. “How are you feeling dear?”

“I’m fine. Why is everyone fussing so much?”

Justin rolled his eyes while his mother studied Elisabeth closely. “You were right. She does have some of the physical signs and she commented that certain foods taste metallic. And you thought me dragging you to all those appointments wouldn’t come in handy.”

“But you’re a mid-wife,” Elisabeth stated. “I can’t be pregnant.” While she couldn’t remember the specifics, it had been ingrained into her that she would never be a mother. It wasn’t allowed.

“Justin you go handle William while I talk to Elisabeth and not a word to him or even a hint. This is her news to give him.” With a shrug, Justin turned to leave. “I mean it or I’ll break out the old wooden spoon.”

“I got it, Ma.”

Mrs. Sweeney patted her hand warmly. “Now dear, when was your last cycle?”

“Over a week ago so I can’t be pregnant.”

“Was it normal?”

“No, it was spotty and didn’t last but for like a day.” Elisabeth shifted uncomfortably.

“You experienced cramping?” Her patient nodded. “When was your last real period?”

“Right at the end of my honeymoon, when we were travelling home.”

“That spotting is normal during most pregnancies. Have you been feeling tired, nauseous, having odd cravings, tenderness, visiting the loo frequently?”

“All of it,” Elisabeth replied.

“You’re showing your symptoms a little early. It seems your child has a strong presence.”

Elisabeth placed her hand on her abdomen and focused for the first time. When she did, she felt something. “I can’t believe it. I’m so scared.”

“Don’t be frightened. Everything will be fine. You and William are going to make wonderful parents.”

Mrs. Sweeney was right at least for William’s part. While she didn’t have much confidence in her own parenting skills, she knew her husband would be wonderful. “What do I need to do? How do make sure the baby is healthy?”

“Drink plenty of liquids and eat small but frequent meals,” Mrs. Sweeney answered. “That will help curb your sickness. Sometimes I think our cravings are our unborn babies telling their mums what they want. You just need to listen closely. If you’re tired, rest and if you’re antsy, take a walk. As to health, your baby will feel your happiness and love. If you’re happy during your pregnancy, your baby will be born happy.” She fetched some thread from her purse. “Would you like to know if it’s a boy or a girl?”

“Yes,” she replied still in a daze over the news.

She slid Elisabeth’s ring from her finger and tied it to the thread. When she held it above Elisabeth’s abdomen, it twirled rapidly. “Normally, it twirls much slower. Twirling means a boy.”

“It won’t matter to William.” Feeling a little better, Elisabeth got up. “Speaking of which, I need to find my husband. I want to tell him tomorrow evening. Would you keep my secret until then?”

“Of course and so will Justin,” she answered.
----------------------------------------------------------
After a day of pre-wedding preparations with Jane, Elisabeth donned the negligee the Leveaus gave her for her wedding. Her breasts barely squeezed into it. I should have known. Placing her hand on her abdomen, she stared at herself in the mirror. “Hey little one,” she whispered. In that moment, she swore she sensed his presence, a teensy little William. “I guess I sensed you all along without realizing it.” *Is this normal? Well, from now on, I’ll be listening.*

“So you’re the one who loves Swiss tea and corned beef and cabbage.” Taking Mrs. Sweeney’s advice, she already had four tiny meals that day. Three of which were corned beef and cabbage. “I’ve only known about you for a day and already you’re the most important person in my life, well, you and your father.” As she lit a couple of candles for romance, an unexpected yawn escaped her lips. “You want a nap. We’ll make it a short one since your father will be home soon. You’re about to make him the happiest man on the planet.”

When she crawled beneath the sheets, she thought about how much she missed William during his trip, to the point it was overwhelming. “I wonder if you couldn’t stand your father being away for those couple of days. Well, I don’t like him being away either.”
-----------------------------------------------------
When William arrived home, he bounded upstairs to find his gorgeous wife asleep in their bed with a lovely smile on her lips. She seemed so ethereal to him. Sometimes he worried that she would realize that she could do so much better than a middle-class, untitled poet with strange political ideas. However, the sight of his beautiful wife lying in bed awaiting him ended those thoughts as he quickly undressed. A gentle kiss ignited his wife’s passion as she slipped her arms around him. A moan, a tremble and William lost control and to his delight so did his wife.

Afterwards, Elisabeth cuddled in his arms and gazed down at him, grinning ear to ear and giggling. “You have a surprise, don’t you?”

“Yes and you have to guess it.”

“More wedding stuff,” he stated with an exasperated sigh. To answer, his wife shook her head. “They want more of your designs at work.”

She shook her head. “Close your eyes,” she said. When he did, she placed his hand just below her belly button. In that moment, she felt complete beatitude. *So little one, this is like getting a hug from your father.* “I’m pregnant.”

“What,” he said incredulously. “That’s wonderful!” He hugged her tightly and kissed her over and over. Then he gazed at her with great tenderness. “You once asked what you could do to be the perfect wife. You’ve always been the perfect wife and now you’ve made my dreams come true. I’ve always wanted a family.” He kissed her tummy several times. “How long until I’m a father?”

When Elisabeth looked into William’s eyes, she saw the delight of child experiencing a dozen Christmas’ at once. “About eight months, I know it’s still very early but I’m showing all the signs.”

The maid lightly knocked on the door to bring them dinner so they made themselves respectable. Once she left, William prepared a plate for the expectant mum.

“Are you going to dote on me for my entire pregnancy?”

“Yes,” he replied. “Also, I want you to see a doctor tomorrow.”

“I’ve already seen Mrs. Sweeney since she’s a very qualified mid-wife. I trust her more than any doctor.” Somehow, she knew that many doctors had unsanitary habits and posed more danger to expectant mothers than they helped.

“What advice did she give?”

“I need to eat several small meals a day to help my tummy. Drink plenty of liquids. Rest when needed and exercise when needed,” she recited.

After they ate a few bites, William’s eyes widened. “The other night I was an animal. That could have endangered the baby. From now on, we won’t do anything that could hurt the baby.”

*NO SEX FOR EIGHT MORE MONTHS! NOT LIKELY!* If she was happy, the baby was happy and sex made her happy. Therefore, sex was good for the baby. When William acted like an animal, it made her feel very desired which made her extremely happy so that made the baby extremely happy. Good thing she knew how to manipulate her husband. “Actually, sex is good for me and the baby, the more the better but I understand if you don’t want to. Once I start showing, I’m sure you won’t want me anymore, especially the as much as you did when you came back from your trip.” She pouted her best and continued to eat.

“My dear, finish your soup and have at least two more cups of tea, for the baby.”

“Sure,” she replied somberly.

“Afterwards, I shall put you to bed.” William glanced at the little manipulative pout on her lips. “Where I shall shag you senseless,” he continued as he watched the pout turn to a contented smile. Then he felt her foot massaging his crotch. “You better hurry and finish your tea.”



Chapter End Notes:
Just curious to see what everyone thinks of Elisabeth talking to her unborn and anything else. I appreciate the reviews.