In one swift move, William grabbed Elisabeth around her waist. His lips crashed against in an intense kaleidoscope of passionate love and unbridled lust. As his tongue danced in her mouth, she trembled in ecstasy so much so that her knees buckled. They dropped to the ground. He pressed himself against her. The motion of his hand slipping beneath her shirt made her feverish. “Feels so good,” she whispered. Electric sensations pulsed through her down below when she felt his hardness. *OH MY GOD! How does he hide THAT? I want to touch!*

“Mummy! Mummy! Look what that man is doing to that boy!” They both turned to see a darling little girl pointing at them.

“Don’t look! Come along now Gretchen.” The mother grabbed the girl’s hand and dragged her away.

That snapped them out of their haze but only briefly. William propped himself on his side but still remained a couple inches over her. Looking into his eyes, Elisabeth saw primal urges barely veiled in his eyes that now openly ogled her while he slid the vest aside. “William, I’ve never gone this far.”

Deftly he unbuttoned her shirt. “Pink, perky and perfect,” he muttered.

Elisabeth’s nipples stiffened as his fingertips gently glided over them. She arched her back for more. “Please William,” she whimpered.

“My little butterfly likes to tempt.” A slight smirk crossed his face. “Petals, they’re my petals and no one will ever touch them.” Bending down, he kissed each of his petals very gently, making her gasp in delight.

While her body screamed to let him take her, her mind gently reminded her that she wasn’t ready. “Are we going to....” From the look in William’s eyes, she knew she ignited something in him; something that turn her into a licentious pile of mush and him too. *Is my gentle William in there?*

“My little butterfly isn’t ready yet, is she?”

“No,” she answered. “If you want, I’ll…I mean. Have you ever?”

William looked down in shame. “Once but it was a graduation present from my uncle. He bought me a night on the town.” He remembered his one night with a lady of the evening. Though he enjoyed it at the time, he felt shame after. Now with the look Elisabeth gave him, he felt even more shame because it wasn’t….love. “It was a long time ago.”

“I understand.” She gave him an understanding smile.

“Elisabeth, I love you.” He gently traced the crooked of her neck causing her moan.

“I love you too,” she gasped. “I’ve never loved anyone the way I love you and I never will.”

All his life he felt things deeper than most. A poet’s passion Elisabeth called it. Improper words formed in his head; so improper that it might startle her but he couldn’t hold back. “I’m the only man you will ever let touch you.” She nodded. “Body,” he whispered with a kiss on each of his petals his hand clasped her hip. “Mind,” he whispered with a kiss to her forehead. “And soul,” he whispered with a kiss above her heart. “All are mine, only mine.”

“Yes and you promise,” she whispered.

“Mind, body and soul, all yours,” he pledged. “You’re my muse and my soul-mate.”

William looked down at her heaving flushed body willing to let him do anything he wanted to her. All the nasty little thoughts and dreams he had about her for the past several weeks tempted him. Something about her brought out a buried part of him that scared him. It frightened him into pretending it never existed but he didn’t need a mask anymore. However, Elisabeth trusted him and he couldn’t take advantage. William regained control. Reluctantly, he buttoned her top back up. “We need to leave before I get tempted again.”

After they packed the picnic utensils, Elisabeth practically skipped home.

On the other hand, William strutted home to find a letter from his mother and a note from Justin asking to meet the following afternoon and to dress very casually, both of which he responded to.

------------------------------------------------------
The following afternoon William arrived at Justin’s office to find him dressed very casually as well. “Allo William, do come in. How are you today?”

“I’m superb.” His thoughts remained on Elisabeth and their day together. “How are you?”

“Excellent; I’m escorting Jane to next week’s ball.” Justin handed him a glass of water.

“That is good news.” William sipped his water. “Why did you ask me here?”

“Wellington should be recuperating for about a week. After that, he might come after you so I’m going to teach you how to fight. You do want to learn to fight to defend yourself and more importantly Elisabeth?”

“Of course,” he answered.

William followed him to the basement. Justin’s townhome consisted of an upstairs living area with his offices on the main level. He never realized there was a basement. “You know how to fight?”

“Made quite of bit of money at it,” he stated proudly. “My family could barely afford Oxford. There wasn’t any money left to start this practice so I brawled.”

While he knew that Justin’s family had some questionable business practices on the docks, Justin made an honest hard earned name for himself. During his Oxford years, Justin toned down his Irish brogue and replaced it with a more acceptable British accent. However, much of the upper crust still snubbed him. “Why are you doing this?” William looked at the basement which had some gym equipment, a punching bag and a stuffed burlap dummy.

“For as long as I’ve known you, you have barely spoken a hundred words a day. Twenty-five of them were usually spoken with me which is twenty-five more than most people say. After graduation, you gave me your business. Several compatriots of yours followed suit because of your recommendations. I always repay my friends.”

Studying Justin, they were roughly the same size as in tall enough but not that tall. Both had a lean build as well so he found it difficult to believe that Justin fought much less won. “You’re not what I would normally think of as fighter material.”

“Don’t let my size fool you. My fights usually lasted only a minute.” Justin removed his shirt to reveal a toned chest and a tattoo of a Celtic hammer on his arm.

“One minute,” he stated. William barely spoke the words through his laughter. William didn’t see the lightning fast strike to his stomach but he felt the remnants of it as he lay on the ground. It felt like a hammer slammed into him.

“They nicknamed me the hammer.” Justin leaned over him. “Do you believe me now?”

“Yes,” he gasped.

“Good; now get up.” He walked over to the punching bag. “When you punch, hit only with your primary two knuckles. The others are more fragile and can break. Also, stand with your lead side facing your opponent. This gives your opponent less of a target to hit.” William stood in the stance he showed him, followed his lead and alternated punches. “Faster,” he commanded. “Now switch sides so you can develop both arms.” William did so. “Pull from your anger.”

“What do you mean?”

“Pretend you just saw Wellington grope Elisabeth,” he stated. William grunted and punched hard almost injuring his hand. “Control that rage and channel it,” he demanded.

Next they moved to the dummy which had red and black Xs marked on various spots. “The red Xs are the soft spots of the human body. You can inflict a lot of pain without hurting your hand. If you hit the black Xs, you would hurt your hand more than your opponent. Now punch the red Xs.”

Though weary, William continued to punch. At one point, he nearly punched a black X.

Justin grimaced. “The black Xs have metal plates behind them to help illustrate the pain so be careful. You should come by everyday for a bit. After that, we’ll ease up.”

“Is the intensity so I can be ready for Wellington?”

“Partly,” he replied. “Bouts of intense practice will help your muscles remember how to fight. The punches become instinctual.”


By the end of the week, he and Justin began sparring. Though Justin beat him every time due to many years of practice, William enjoyed it. In fact, his thrill of the fight surprised him. On Saturday, he relished his break so he could recover and be fresh for his very special plans for Elisabeth on Sunday.


Chapter End Notes:
How did you like the interlude in the park? How about Justin? Notice some Spike like qualities coming out? Please R&R and thank you for your support.