Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank You. :)
William slept until 11:45 when his mother knocked loudly on his door and told him he was wasting the whole day. He’d once tried explaining that studies had proven teenagers actually had totally different sleep patterns than everyone else because their bodies produce melatonin later in the evening than younger children and adults do and that the crazy early start time of high school meant that he was always suffering from sleep deprivation. His mother had laughed, rumpled his hair and told him that he’d make a good lawyer. She hadn’t stopped waking him up on weekends though. At least she normally cooked breakfast on the weekend, that, William considered a big plus.

He showered, ate a small mountain of pancakes and started considering excuses that would allow him to go see Buffy. She’d kissed him. He figured that had to be a good sign, but she hadn’t said much about what the kissing meant. He was using a slice of vegetarian bacon to trace a pattern in the leftover maple syrup on his plate when the doorbell rang. He listened curiously as his mother answered the door and nearly fell out of his chair when he realized that she was sending Buffy in to the kitchen to find him.

“Hi.” He stared at her wide-eyed as she walked in.

“Hey.”

“Hi.”

“You said that already.” She walked over and stood in front of the table.

“I suppose I did.” He smiled and ducked his head. “Did your mum make you come over to drop off something or invite my parents to supper?”

“No.”

“So it would be fair to say that you came over to see me?”

She nodded. “Yeah. I was wondering if you were busy today. Are you?”

“No. No. Definitely not busy.”

She giggled. “Cool.”

William stood up and carried his plate over to the sink. He turned back to her and arched a single eyebrow. “I put a lock on the door to my bedroom. We could go up there and…” He shrugged.

Laughing, Buffy shook her head. “I’m not going to just go up to your room and make out with you.”

He sighed. “Are you sure?” She was still laughing so he grinned. “I’ve been fixing the place up—got a new poster of the Periodic Table.”

“I came over to see if you wanted to come watch a movie at my house. My mom’s going shopping. She wants a new bedroom set.” She grinned. “We have chips.”

“I could go for some chips.” He didn’t even bother trying to sound less excited than he was. He was smiling too broadly to pull off cool.

“Well, as long as there’s something you like at my house.” She rolled her eyes.

“There usually is.”

Buffy grinned.

“I mean your mum is always baking, isn’t she?”

“HaHa…very funny. When do you want to come over?”

“Now.”

“Okay.”

She followed him into the other room and looked at the family photos on the wall while he put on his shoes. When he got to the front door, William looked at the row of coat hooks and frowned.

Buffy giggled. “I still have your jacket.”

“Right. ‘Cause that happened—last night…happened.”

She rolled her eyes again and walked out the door. He called out to his parents that he’d be at the Summers’ house for a bit and followed her out, bare-armed. He was way too happy to feel cold anyway.

Joyce had already left, so they settled in to the living room.

Buffy picked up the remote. “I haven’t snuck a pay per view in ages. What kind of mood are you in? Comedy? Cartoon? Action movie with a guy trying to get vengeance on the bad guys who killed his family slash the only girl he ever loved?” She turned to him and shrugged.

“You can pick, love.”

“Ooh, brave man. You know there’s a new movie where this cute girl meets this cute guy in a sort of cute way and at first they don’t even like each but then they totally realize that they’re like in love with each other but there’s obstacles.”

William laughed and nodded. “That sounds like the kind of movie that makes girls get all cuddly.” He sighed dramatically. “Tough, but I think I can handle it.”

She picked a movie. Even while it was on, William couldn’t remember which one she chose. He just watched her.

She told him to sit on the couch and twenty minutes into the movie she slid down so that she was leaning against his side. Her hair smelled good and he wondered if would be wrong of him to find out what shampoo she used and buy some just to have that scent all the time. He waited an entire hour before giving in to temptation, brushing her hair to the side and kissing the back of her neck.

She gasped softly and froze.

He placed another soft kiss on her neck. “Is this okay?” He placed his hands on her shoulders and squeezed gently.

She turned towards him slightly. “What if I said that I didn’t want you to?”

William pulled his hands back. “Then I stop.”

Buffy quickly wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him hard.

“I thought you wanted me to stop.”

She shook her head. “No. I just wanted to know that you would stop if I asked you to.”

“You’re weird.”

“Not as weird as you.”

“You like me though?” The question popped out of his mouth before he’d had a chance to filter it. He regretted it instantly but couldn’t help studying her face while he waited for her response.

Her smile made his heart race. “Yeah. I do.” She kissed him again, softly, and snuggled against him for the rest of the movie.

He made use of his new lock when he went home. Twice.