Author's Chapter Notes:
This is it, the final chapter.I can't imagine that is was worth the wait, but I hope you like it nonetheless. Thank you for reading and for all the supportive words along the way. Happy New Year!
Saturday, March 19, 2011 (7:42 a.m.)

Buffy woke up and stretched. She couldn’t help grinning. She was sore, but It wasn’t the kind of soreness she felt after the charity marathon she’d jogged with Willow or the type she had after helping a friend move. Buffy had ‘I’ve got a fantastic new lover’ soreness. It was new. It was fantastic. Hell, it was worth celebrating, but she knew even before she opened her eyes that she was alone.

She listened for a few minutes to the quiet strumming coming from another room and then glanced at the clock. It was 7:00 am. Spike had barely slept at all. She stretched again and forced her feet to brave the chilly floor. The man needed a bedside rug. She filed the knowledge away with the intent to remedy the situation as soon as possible. Unwilling to bother with the work of getting dressed and planning to return to bed anyway, Buffy snagged a well-worn U2 t-shirt from a pile on Spike’s dresser.

She followed the faint sound of guitar playing and found him sitting on an ottoman in the still unfinished party room. He’d pulled on a pair of jeans, but hadn’t bothered with a shirt. Buffy walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around his shoulders. She kissed the messy curls on the top of his head. “You snuck away.”

Spike reached one hand up and covered hers before placing his guitar back on its stand. Grinning, he tugged her down on to his lap. “Sorry, love. Had some thinking to do—needed my six string to do it.”

Buffy nuzzled his neck. “It’s too early for thinking.”

He laughed softly and hugged her closer. “Yeah. I know.”

“What’s wrong?” She didn’t lift her head from the cozy spot she’d found on his shoulder.

Spike sighed. “Nothing. Really.”

“Nothing wouldn’t have you in here brooding after almost no sleep.”

He pressed his lips on her forehead and paused for a few moments before answering in a quiet voice. “I know it’s early yet for us and that you need time and—I know that. I don’t want to push or cling. I don’t want to rush you. But…” He sighed. “But I do.” He chuckled hoarsely. “I look at you and I want everything—all of you—all the time. You’ve been mine for what, a day? And the thought of losing you terrifies me. I’m…terrified.”

“You don’t need to be.”

“Yeah, I hear you sayin’ it, but…I want a lifetime. I want you to move in and help me fill this place to the rafters with noisy babies. Hell, I want us to run out of room here so I can buy you bigger house to fill up.”

Buffy laughed softly. “Can we go back to bed for a little bit before I start packing?”

He laughed at the smirk on her lips and kissed her fiercely. “Is the bed really a requirement?” He reached down and slid his hand up her thigh.

Buffy giggled as she shook her head. “Hmmm…sex on an ottoman that very much needs to be reupholstered in a room without any drywall or sex in nice warm bed with pillows? I say—take me to bed, Spike.”

He groaned. “But you look so bloody cute in my shirt. It’s practically cruel to make me wait so long as that.”

She chuckled, but she still stood up. “Come back to bed.” Spike stood up and scooped her into his arms. She squealed. “Spike! Down!”

“Yeah, yeah…in the bed.” He stomped down the hall and into his room and then tossed her onto the bed. He grinned when she bounced and squeaked in surprise. “You really gonna move in with me?” He unsnapped his jeans and shoved them down his thighs.

She nodded and started to take off the shirt she’d borrowed.

His hand on her arm stopped her. “Leave it on, yeah?”

“Oh yeah?”

“Definitely.” He flopped on to his back and pulled her up so she was straddling his thighs.

Buffy steadied herself by flattening her hands on his chest. “You’re really fond of this shirt aren’t you? Maybe I should just leave you, Bono and the boys alone?”

“Can’t a man enjoy seeing his woman in his shirt without earning a lashing?”

She grinned. “Can’t a woman fantasize about her man making out with Bono without him getting all pouty?”

Spike squeezed her thighs. “Such a dirty girl.” He grabbed her hips and guided her over his erection. “Ride me, love.” He lifted the hem of the t-shirt and watched as she lowered herself onto his cock.

She batted at his hands. “What are you doing?”

“Just enjoying the show.” He smirked.

Buffy shook her head. “I’m on top, so I’m in charge.” She pushed his hands away. “And I want your hands over your head.”

Spike complied, slowly. “Are you certain this is what you want? Just think of all the fun things I could be doing with my hands.”

She started riding him slowly. “But I like you like this. You’re all laid out for me, like a buffet—a buffet of sexiness.”

He chuckled but indulged her for a few moments. “You’re a sight just now, love. My dream girl come to life.” He closed his eyes and exhaled.

She watched his jaw tighten as he fought to control himself and smiled. She did that to him. She made the sexiest man she’d ever seen fight to control himself. The knowledge emboldened her. “Then why are your eyes closed, Spike?”

He opened his eyes and grinned at her. “You gonna put on a show for me, kitten?”

Her cheeks warmed, but she went with it. “What did you have in mind?”

“Well, since I have to keep my hands all the way up here. I think you’re going to have to play with those pretty nipples all by yourself.”

She almost laughed at the exaggerated leer he gave her. She nodded. “Ooh. You’re right. They are feeling awfully left out.” She lifted her hands to softly cup her breasts and watched his eyes turn black with excitement.

“Fuck, kitten. Don’t stop there”

She pushed aside her nerves and pinched her nipples between her thumbs and index fingers.

“Does that feel nice, love. Tell me.”

She nodded. “So nice.”

He groaned. “Yeah it does.” His hips jerked. “You are so hot.”

Buffy reached down and pulled his nipples. “See how nice it feels?” She watched his hands grab violently at the pillow before leaning down to lick the hardened nubs. She kissed his chest. “I wish I was wearing lipstick so we could see my kisses on your skin.”

“Use your teeth, kitten—or your nails. Mark me up.”

She giggled. “Couldn’t I just get a Sharpie and write property of Buffy Summers right here?” She traced his hip bone. “On second thought, I wouldn’t want anyone getting close enough to read that.” She placed her hands over his and leaned all the way down to whisper in his ear. “I won’t share you, Spike.”

“You’ll never have to—feeling’s mutual. Seeing you with another man again would bloody well kill me, Buffy.”

Her heart ached at the thought of him hurting all that time. She kissed his neck. “I know. I still can’t believe you waited for me. I don’t know what I could ever do to be worth—”

“Hey, you look at me.” He reached up and cupped her face between his hands. “You’re my girl. That’s all I want and I’ve never wanted anything else the way I want you to be my girl.” He flipped them both over so her back was pressed against the mattress and plunged himself as deeply into her as he could.

She gasped and wrapped her arms around his neck. “I’m your girl, Spike. I love you.”

Saturday, June 18, 2011 (5:22 p.m.)

Buffy shooed Doc out of the kitchen. “Not for you,” she told him as sternly as she could and lifted the bowl of strawberries higher. She walked towards the back door and smiled at the sight of Spike trying to straighten a tablecloth on one of the picnic tables he’d built in the back yard. She giggled. The man could build a table, but he couldn’t place a piece of cloth over it evenly to save his soul. She walked out and wordlessly handed him the bowl before fixing the white fabric. She reclaimed the bowl as he kissed her cheek and then walked over to place it on the folding table they’d set up to hold their barbeque buffet.

Spike placed his hands on her shoulders. “Are you sure about this, love?”

“Positive. You did get another bag of charcoal, right?”

He laughed. “Charcoal, check.”

She turned and gave him a sheepish smile. “I guess I’ve asked that already.”

“Maybe a couple of times.”

“I just want everything to go smoothly. I mean you really haven’t actually met my mother yet. That’s weird, right? Do you think that is weird?”

He chuckled again and leaned down to kiss her nose. “Your mum is going to love me.”

“I know. I mean, of course she will. You’re awesome and you love me and…maybe you should introduce yourself as William.”

He arched an eyebrow. “I’ll think about it. Why don’t you go finish getting ready and I’ll bring out the plates and whatnot?”

Buffy pretended to pout. “You don’t like my outfit?” She gestured dramatically to her sauce stained tank-top and oldest jeans.

He grinned. “Does that mean I don’t have to change either?”

Buffy took a look at the holes in his jeans where his knees poked out and laughed. “No, you definitely have to change. Hurry up with the stuff. You might get a chance to take a quick shower even.” She headed in the house, but paused at the door. “Don’t forget to shave.”

Buffy quickly stripped off her work clothes, washed her face and slipped on the crisp white eyelet cotton sundress she’d laid out. Fifteen minutes later, her hair was carefully arranged half-up and half down for the cascade of golden waves effect, dangly silver earrings glinted when they caught light on the sides of her face which glowed with the barest touch of make-up. She had just slid her feet into a pair of turquoise studded leather sandals when she heard the knock on her door. She took a deep breath and hurried to answer it. “Willow!” She gave her friend and quick hug. “And Tara!”

Tara gave a soft laugh. “We made brownies.” She held out the foil covered platter.

Willow nodded. “I know you said you had plenty of food, but…I couldn’t help it.”

“She really couldn’t,” Tara added.

“Thank you. I’m sure they will be a hit. Did you know that this is my first barbeque party? I mean ever.”

Willow placed her hand on Buffy’s shoulder. “Everything will be great. Your mom is going to love Spike. Everyone loves Spike.”

Buffy nodded. “I know. I know. I just…I want everything to be right.”

“It will be. What can we do to help?”

Buffy shook her head. “Nope. You’re the guests. No helping.”

“But—“

“Nope. Just head out back and have fun. I’ll go turn on the music.” She grinned. “Spike set up speakers outside and made a special Ipod playlist. I have no idea what is on it.” She shook her head. “Hopefully not a bunch of obscure b-tracks from bands I don’t know.”

“What’s this about bands?” Spike walked into the room wearing a pair of khaki pants and a white button down shirt. The shirt was still unbuttoned and his curls were still dripping from his quick shower. Buffy was sure he’d never looked hotter. If her friends hadn’t been standing there she would have told him. It was the kind of openness she now had. She shared her silliest and most whimsical thoughts with Spike all the time and knew that he only loved her more for it.

“Maybe you could button your shirt since our guests are arriving.”

He smirked. “I don’t know, kitten. I think they might enjoy the show.” He winked at Tara and Willow. “What do you say, ladies?”

Willow blushed slightly. “If Buffy says you should button, then you should button.”

Tara looked down and away but didn’t quite manage to hide her smile.

He sighed dramatically and quickly buttoned the shirt. He was tucking it into his pants when Buffy shook her head and walked over. She pulled it out and straightened it. “Leave it untucked. Be comfortable and…you.”

He smiled somewhat dazedly at her before giving her a quick kiss. “I have to check on a couple things for later. Are you good?”

“I’m great.” She held his gaze for a moment and smiled.

He laughed and shook his head. “We’re doing this.”

She nodded. “Yup.”

Willow laughed. “You two are seriously excited about this party.”

Buffy paled. “Yeah, I mean it is our first one together and my family is coming and—hey, come see what we’ve done to the backyard.” She curled her fingers and signaled for them to follow her through the house and out the back door.

“Oh!” Tara gasped. “Oh, Buffy it looks so pretty. The flowers have really thrived and the hanging lanterns and the tables.” She shook her head. “So pretty.”

“Yeah?” Buffy blushed slightly. She knew the yard looked great and that it would only look better after dark, when all the twinkle lights and lanterns they’d hung could really shine.

Willow nodded. “It looks great, very festive. When are Dawnie and your mom supposed to get in?”

“Any min—” The sound of voices coming from the street in front of the house made her pause. Her eyes widened. “Right now. “ For just a second she froze. Willow tapped her shoulder and giggled, knocking her back out of her head. “Come around back,” she yelled and hurried around to the side of the house. “Dawnie!”

Her sister, looking lovely and waifish in a long purple printed cotton dress laughed. “Hey Sis, nice digs.”

Buffy gave her a quick, hard hug. “I’m so glad you’re here.”

Dawn’s eyes widened slightly in surprise and Buffy supposed that she was startled by the intensity of her welcome. “Me too, Buffy.”

“There she is!” Joyce hurried up the driveway, her heels clicking against the pavement.

Buffy smiled at her. “Mom.”

Joyce pulled her into a quick hug before grasping her shoulders and holding her a few inches away. She studied her daughter’s face. “You look good. Beautiful.” Her eyes watered slightly before her face grew stern. “Now where is this young man that made you cancel your wedding?”

Buffy could feel the blood draining from her face. “Mom, please. It wasn’t like that. You know that—” She stopped when her mother and her husband, Ted started laughing.

Dawn shook her head. “Seriously, Buffy, you need to loosen up.” She shrugged and headed into the back yard.

Buffy blushed. “Hi Ted. I’m really glad you guys could come out for a visit.”

Ted reached over and squeezed her shoulder as he gave her a warm smile. “Me too. I know your mom misses you something awful. Besides we already had the tickets we’d bought to come for your wedding.” He shrugged.

She couldn’t help whimpering. “Right.”

Cordelia arrived just in time to provide a distraction and while she was chatting with Joyce, three more quests arrived. Two hours later the yard was filled with friends and family all laughing and visiting. It was perfect. Buffy sat with her sister and Lorne who were deep in a discussion about Tibet and watched Spike chat with Ted and Wesley while the three men stared at the barbeque grill. She stood up and started towards them, drawn by the adorably domestic display of testosterone.

Faith stopped her halfway across the yard. “Hey, nice party B.”

Buffy smiled. “Thanks.” She shot a glance at the tall, dark and handsome man Faith had brought with her. “Who’s the guy? He seems…nice.”

Faith laughed. “Yeah. Not my type, right?” She nodded and glanced over her shoulder. “Robin is a high school principal. Can you see that? Me with a high school principal?” She shook her head. “It’s just casual. I think he’s got some kind of bad girl kink he needs to work out.”

Buffy wasn’t so sure that was it, but she nodded. “Maybe. He seems nice anyway and…hot.”

“Yeah he is.” Faith smirked. “Anyway, I uh…just thought I’d say hi.”

“I’m really glad you came.” Buffy was surprised by how true the statement was. She’d seen Faith a couple of times since she and Spike had finally gotten together and she liked her. Oh Faith was a bit of a wild child, but something told Buffy that she could be counted on if things were ever bad. There was just something inherently good in her that couldn’t be covered by the dark make-up and scandalous attire. Mostly though, she thought that the other woman just needed a couple of good friends. Something about being blissfully happy made her want to make everyone else feel the same way.

“Me too.”

“I was just going to check on the grill situation. I think they might keep cooking all night if no one stops them and we already have enough food to feed an army.”

Faith laughed again. “Yeah, men dig fire.” She shrugged and nodded before heading back to her sexy date.

Buffy walked up behind Spike and wrapped her arms around his waist. “Hi, handsome.”

He turned in her arms and grinned. “Hi yourself.”

“I think we have enough meat and veggie burgers for the rest of the summer now.”

He looked sheepish. “I suppose you’re right.”

“You did a great job cooking them. Everyone was very impressed.”

He looked instantly pleased and then laughed. “Is that so?”

She nodded. “Oh yeah.”

“Good.” He leaned down and dropped a very quick kiss on her mouth. “Is it time?” He whispered, “Are you ready to do this?”

She nodded. “Totally ready.”

His eyes twinkled as he gave her another quick kiss. He turned and lifted his hands to his mouth to call out. “Hey, everyone! Can I have everyone’s attention for a minute?” He waited for conversations to die down and the crowd of people to turn towards him. When Charlotte, his baby niece, was the only one still blabbering, he started again. “I want to thank you for coming today. I…um…you all mean a lot to me and to Buffy and we very much wanted you all here for this.” He paused as people whispered questions to each other. “I love Buffy and I…ummm…I love her and she is the most incredible person I’ve ever met.” He felt Buffy’s hand pressing comfortingly against his back. “We’re getting married. Tonight. Now, actually.”

He looked down at Buffy and grinned as their friends and family exclaimed surprise. She mouthed the words ‘I love you’ to him and he nodded. “I know, kitten.”

Joyce hurried towards them and grabbed her daughter’s hand. “Buffy, this is…this seems very sudden.” She turned to Spike. “You seem like a nice man, William and I see that you’re making Buffy happy, but why the rush? Let’s just—”

“Mom.” Buffy squeezed her mother’s hand. “I’ve never been more…sure in my whole life. This is exactly what I want.”

Her mother stared at her for a few moments before nodding. “Okay, okay. My baby is getting married.” She hugged her and then reached for Spike. “You take good care of her and she’ll good care of you.”

“I know, she already does. She tries to take care of everyone. Thank you.” He hugged his soon to be mother-in-law.

Cordelia grabbed Buffy’s arm. “But we can’t have a wedding like this. I haven’t thrown you a shower or a—”

“I don’t want all that, Cordy. It just seems like too much stress and fuss. I just want Spike. Everyone I love is here right now.” She giggled. “Come on, Cordy. We’re throwing a surprise wedding!”

“But who does that?”

Buffy shrugged. “I do. Spike and I, we do.”

“It’s insane. You—” She stopped and shook her head. “Okay, we’re doing this.” She turned away from Buffy and took a quick survey of the yard. “You two can stand over there.” She pointed to a pretty corner of the yard. “We can move those flowerpots to frame the spot better.” She started walking away. “Jessie and Xander, come help move these. Who here knows how to play classical guitar?”

Buffy looked up at Spike and shrugged. “She really likes to be in charge of this stuff.”

He laughed. “Works for me if it works for you.” He leaned down and spoke quietly into her ear. “As long as I get to call you my wife by the end of the night.”

She felt her cheeks heat up from his sexy tone. “Who did you say was a Justice of the Peace? You talked to someone, right?”

Spike nodded. “Yeah, Ronnie’s here.”

“Wait. You mean The Freshmaker? The Freshmaker is officiated our wedding?”

His eyes widened. “Is that bad?”

Buffy dissolved into giggles and shook her head. “Nope. That’s perfect.” She reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck. “Absolutely perfect.”


Chapter End Notes:
So...any thoughts?