[Reviews - 298] LikedPrinter
Summary: A 2011 Buffy back in 1880 along with William Pratt. After an ocean voyage and a stop in New York City, our couple sets off across the American West.

There are showdowns, riots, murder and olde tyme bathing suits. The story is also chock full of history and you'll learn all the 'hip slang' from these wacky Victorians in no time. It also features a few real historical figures, but no spoilers. I'll only say that it is NOT Genghis Khan and Amelia Earhart. Put that thought right out of your mind.

Though this is a sequel to "Yours, William," it also works as a stand alone. I had to take down "Yours" as I'm rewriting as an original. You can email me about this if you want info.
Won Round 25 of the Sunny-D Awards for Best Alternative Universe. Won Round 26 for Best Drama, Best Original Character, Best Original Character Pairing, Best Unfinished. Thanks!


Rated: NC-17
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 40 Completed: Yes
Word count: 164308 Read: 58264
Published: 09/13/2011 Updated: 08/24/2012

1. Chapter 1 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 19] Liked (5315 words)
This is a sequel to “Yours, William,” which is archived on this site. I’d planned on writing an entirely different story, but this sequel crawled into my head and set up camp. So here it is! Final warning: It will be darker than “Yours,” and feature vampires, demons and slayers. There will be blood.

This is my second story and I have to start by saying thanks so much for the wonderful welcome you’ve given me. Spuffy fans > anything else in the world, even chocolate.

I’ve missed you. It’s great to be back writing again. Many thanks to Lutamira, MsJane and DoriansKitten for beta help. Love to hear what you think! And now, on with the show! (Said in the voice of Harold Zidler from ‘Moulin Rouge.’)

2. Chapter 2 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 4] Liked (4223 words)
Much thanks to Lutamira, DoriansKitten and MsJane for beta'ing this for me!

3. Chapter 3 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 17] Liked (2951 words)
Many thanks to DoriansKitten, Lutamira and MsJane for beta help.

4. Chapter 4 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 9] Liked (4004 words)
Firstly, I would never tell you to do this if it weren't hysterical, but check out the reviews for chapter 3. It began with an "anon" review and took a hard right into hysteria. The cast of characters are wonderful. Full of wonder, I am! :)

Thank you to AmyXaphania for a banner that inspires me every time I look at it. I don't deserve her! Also, for betas who are patient and wise: DoriansKitten, Lutamira and Capella42. Thank you!

Lastly to readers for leaving feedback! WIth a special shout out to reviewers Steven, and Rupert and the PTWB. The whole gang, really. Even you, "anon" :)

5. Chapter 5 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 9] Liked (3623 words)
Thanks to AmyXaphia for the beautiful banner. Thanks to Capella42, DoriansKitten and Lutamira for the beautiful beta'ing. And thanks to YOU for the wunderbar feedback!

6. Chapter 6 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 6] Liked (3431 words)
First of all - thank you for the reviews so much! I have this whole dissertation in my mind about why they're so important. But I'll spare you. Just, trust me, they are. I don't feel like I'm rowing a boat by myself upstream when you're all here.

Thanks to my wonderful betas: Capella42, Lutamira and DoriansKitten - for removing my extra commas, and telling me when things don't make sense - and for not minding when I ignore their advice and put in some part that they think might be better off left out. Swell banner by AmyXaphania!

7. Chapter 7 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 6] Liked (4075 words)
Thank you to my betas: DoriansKitten, Capella42 and Lutamira. Also for extra goodies on this chapter, hugs to Science and Wolffan! Awesome artiness by AmyXaphania.

Someone nominated this story for Sunny-D awards – thank you so much!!

8. Chapter 8 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 7] Liked (3814 words)
Thank you to capella42 for beta'ing this chapter. Thanks to Xaphania for the banner

9. Chapter 9 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 8] Liked (4373 words)
Thanks to my betas: DoriansKitten, Capella42 and Lutamira. And thanks to Amy for the lovely banner. A big thanks to Wolffan and Science for hand-holding and general midwifery and to all of you for reading and commenting! And to William for having those cheekbones! And to my cats!

10. Chapter 10 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 10] Liked (2921 words)
Hi! Sorry this is a wee bit late. I cannot lie - real life has been treating me like a baby treats a diaper. But...! Just kept pushing and voila! Chapter 10! Thanks to betas: DoriansKitten, Capella42 and Lutamira, without whom this chapter would contain a lot more suck. And current suck is my bad, and my inability to leave it the hell alone once they're done with it. The lovely banner is by Amy.

It won't take me so long to update next because of less suck in real life! (She says, hoping not to jinx it!)

11. Chapter 11 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 8] Liked (3290 words)
Thank you to Science for being mean. :) Thanks to DK and Lutamira and Capella42 for beta-ing. Thanks to Amy for the banner. Thanks to YOU for reviewing because that is full of awesome!

12. Chapter 12 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 6] Liked (3507 words)
Thank you to everyone for sticking with the story and for your feedback. Turns out my recent move to the bible belt has sapped my will to live ability to write. That is on the upswing now, however, I'm happy to report. Thanks to Science and Lutamira for beta'ing and being patient with my blatant comma abuse. Awesome banner thanks go to Amy.

13. Chapter 13 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 5] Liked (3205 words)
Your continued feedback helps shape the story and I never take it for granted. Thank you! Also thanks to DK, Science and Minx! They beta'ed this and they're awesome. They don't even morph into mean bitches if I don't take their suggestions! Props to Amy for the banner!

14. Chapter 14 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 7] Liked (4226 words)
If I stop updating this story on Spuffy Realm, I will still continue to update it on Elysian Fields and my livejournal so you might want to check there. Thank you to Capella and Science for the beta and, as always, Amy for the banner.

15. Chapter 15 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 6] Liked (4456 words)
Thank you to Amy for the banner. Thanks to DK, Capella, Science and Lutamira for the beta. To those who are reviewing this story, thank you very much.

16. Chapter 16 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 15] Liked (3314 words)
Thanks to the Gang of Four: DK, Lutamira, Science and Capella. Though they probably fantasize about beating me to death with a large comma, they refrain. Also, they're awesome. Thanks to Amy for the banner. I would love to hear what you think about this chapter - especially this chapter. And ... there is a footnote at the end of this - just so ya know.

17. Chapter 17 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 7] Liked (4145 words)
Thanks to Science and Minx DeLovely for being my Writing Swap Buddies. Thanks to Lutamira, DK and Capella for the beta. In reviews for the previous chapter a reviewer went after my betas. Let me be very, very clear. Any mistakes are mine alone. You wanna vent invective about a dangling participle? Wig out on me alone. Miss Amy did the banner. Thanks to you for sharing your thoughts about this.

18. Chapter 18 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 6] Liked (4377 words)
Be it a read-through or a thorough beta, these people helped and I thank them: Lutamira, DoriansKitten, Science and Minxy. Mistakes are still mine alone. The banner just for this chapter was made by Capella42, who found a photo of an 1880s NYC skyline! Thanks to her as well!

19. Chapter 19 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 6] Liked (3643 words)
Thanks to DoriansKitten, Minx, Science and Capella for the beta. Any and all errors, especially having to do with abusing commas, belong to me. Thanks to Amy for the banner. Thanks to you for reviews!

20. Chapter 20 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 5] Liked (4578 words)
Thanks to DK and Capella for the beta, to Amy for the banner and to you for reviewing!

21. Chapter 21 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 5] Liked (3235 words)
Thanks to Lutamira, DK, Capella and Science for their beta skillz. Sometimes I went ahead and did it my way anyway, so don't blame them. Thanks to Amy for the banner too. Finally, thanks to you for letting me know what you think about things. You are the gas in my engine and the caramel in my macchiato.

22. Chapter 22 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 7] Liked (2901 words)
Thanks to Capella, Science, Lutamira and DoriansKitten for betaing, Amy for the banner and to those of you who review - big hugs.

23. Chapter 23 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 8] Liked (4140 words)
Each of these women helped by beta'ing:  DoriansKitten, Minx DeLovely, Science and Lutamira.  Thanks to them for their proofing and wisdom.  Mistakes remain mine.  Amy did the banner.  You help with the inspiration with the feedback and the stuff!  Thanks all

24. Chapter 24 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 5] Liked (5348 words)
Lutamira, Science, DoriansKitten and Capella did the beta and many thanks to them. Mistakes? Mine still. Minx DeLovely helped a lot and wrote this lovely poem just out of the blue because she’s like that! Thanks to Amy for the banner.

25. Chapter 25 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 8] Liked (4454 words)

Back from an intense ten state car trip.  I had lunch in Mississippi one day and the very next day, dinner in Montana – and that means non-stop driving, my friend!  On the plus side, when (if? No spoilers!) Buffy and William get to the Midwest, I can write very convincingly about what it feels like to have Nebraska go on and on and on.  Thanks so much for your thoughts about the introduction of Billy.  I thought people might be weirded out, but you all seem right on board.  I wonder if you can guess what will happen next?  

Many thanks to Science and DoriansKitten for their beta work!  Tennyoelf made this kickass banner and I also borrowed her brain a bit!  She’s seventeen shades of fantastic!

 

26. Chapter 26 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 5] Liked (4290 words)
Thanks to Science, Minx, DoriansKitten and Lutamira for beta'ing this. Any mistakes are mine alone. Thanks to Amy for the banner.
I outlined the rest of the story this morning - chapter by chapter. Feels good to see the end. Thanks so much to those of you who provide feedback - you keep me going.

27. Chapter 27 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 6] Liked (5231 words)

Thanks to you for your reviews and feedback.  You are saying stuff which might make me change a fairly big thing which I can't tell you about, but I'll tell you after it happens.  Yeah, I know that makes no sense.

Thanks to Science, Minx and DK for the beta and to Tenny for this cool banner.

28. Chapter 28 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 5] Liked (4243 words)

Many thanks to Minx, DoriansKitten, Science and Lutamira for the beta.  Sorry for the delay in chapters.  My body decided to go wonky and land me in the hospital but I’m out now.  Unfortunately, I’m learning that when the body mends, the writing brain sometimes goes to sleep.  Hope to see you soon.  Oh! And thanks to Tennyoelf for the banner!

29. Chapter 29 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 6] Liked (5174 words)
This story has been nominated in Round 26 of the Sunny-D Awards. Thanks so much for that. Also for whoever nominated the old story, "Yours, William" in this round. It means so much to me! Thank you also for reading and commenting! Super speedy beta was done by Minx, Science and DK and they deserve a big thanks too. Mistakes, commas and details about antelope steaks are all on me, however. Amy did the banner!

30. Chapter 30 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 6] Liked (3440 words)
Thanks so much to Science, Lutamira, DoriansKitten and Miss Minx for their beta work! And thanks All4Spike too! And thanks to you for your thoughts and feedback! I’m leaving today for some much needed time with family in the Pacific NW – hope to be back with another chapter soon.

31. Chapter 31 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 10] Liked (5895 words)
Thank you to those of you who keep me going. It's been a hard go lately. Reviewers? You keep gas in my engine. Thanks to Science and Minx for the beta and Amy for the banner. Jack insisted the White Stripes have a say.

32. Chapter 32 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 5] Liked (5689 words)
Fans of 'lots of notes'?  You, in the back?  This is your lucky day.  To everyone else:  'err, sorry!'
Thanks tons to Ragpants, who responded to something I said on the EF tagbox and found a metric ton of links for historic Ogden - answering questions about the train station, hotel rooms and how available liquor might be.  Thanks to Science and Minx, not just the beta but for pushing me.  When I changed Oscar to a lame character named Fingal, asking 'What kind of cheesy, over-the-top author would have Billy the Kid AND Oscar Wilde?" they reminded me I was JUST that kind of cheesy author. Amy did the banner.

33. Chapter 33 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 9] Liked (3807 words)
I was supposed to wait and post this on Monday, but I have the patience of a 5-year-old on Christmas morning.  Thanks to Science, Minx and DK for the beta and thanks to you for your feedback.  I'm curious about your thoughts at the end of this one.  No banner this time because every time I post it, the paragraphs go wonky.  (The interwebs are a wacky mystery to my mind!)

34. Chapter 34 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 9] Liked (4755 words)
Thank you to Lutamira for the beta.  I changed dozens of things after she was finished though so I get any blame for bad stuff.  Thanks to Tennyoelf for the banner.  Thanks to you for your feedback!

35. Chapter 35 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 5] Liked (4642 words)
Sorry for the delay.  It took me five tries to get this chapter down at last.  I was going to be too embarrased to tell you that, but then I figured, what the hell?  Turns out that after that duel that I'd been looking forward to writing, everything else seemed kinda zzzzzz.  Big thanks to Lutamira, DoriansKitten and Science for their beta work and setting me straight.  Ta to Amy for the banner.  As always, thanks to you for taking the time to share your thoughts and for sticking with me so far. 

36. Chapter 36 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 6] Liked (3875 words)
Thanks to Minx, Science and Lutamira for the beta and to Ragpants for being my location scout. Thx to Amy for the banner. Thank you for the feedback which helps me to know what to clarify. You'll find a little clarification in this very chapter. This really won't go beyond 40 chapters!

37. Chapter 37 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 6] Liked (3256 words)
Hey readers! Thanks for your support and feedback. We're closing in on the end now! Thanks to Miss Minx and Miss DK for the beta (but mistakes are mine) And thanks to Amy, as always, for the banner. (Commas in the previous sentence were for Science, who loves them.)

38. Chapter 38 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 7] Liked (5781 words)
Finally! The penultimate chapter of the story! Sorry there was a bit of a delay on this one. Writers block landed on me like a big ugly house and it took some doing to get it off. Writing’s hard, bro! On the upside? It’s a pretty long chapter.

Humble thanks are owed. Thanks to my Minx, Lutamira and Science – who beta’ed and made the chapter have less suck. Thanks to you, constant reader, for sticking with me on this long tale and for your feedback. And finally thanks so much for the Sunny-D awards that I just won for both this story and for “Yours, William.” I was very touched and knowing that you like the stories make the researchy stuff and the days of pushing through writers block all worthwhile. I feel so lucky to have this supportive community!

39. Chapter 39 by Puddinhead [Reviews - 4] Liked (5588 words)

Finally, the end. It’s such a kick to finally write those words. I can safely say that I doubt I’ll ever write another one this long. Thanks, loyal reader, for sticking around, giving me your feedback and generally being awesome. Thanks also to All4Spike for her help on this chapter. And to my wonderful betas for this last bit: Minx, Lutamira and DK. Mistakes belong to me.  Thanks to Amy for the banner.

I built lots of playlists to help me write. I compiled a final one which has the songs I played most often, which is listed as My Elizabeth on Spotify, but I can't manage to link to it, sorry!

There is an epilogue and a pretty long footnote, fyi.

40. Epilogue by Puddinhead [Reviews - 10] Liked (1093 words)
I posted this the same day as my final chapter. Don't forget to read 39 first!
Thanks to Minx, Lutamira and DK for the epilogue. Without them - there wouldn't be one! I know that in this world of ours, we tend to only say nice things in feedback. If you have something not nice to say to me after that ending, that's ok too. I'd really like to hear your honest thoughts.

Thanks!