Spike was awoken by a slight jostling of the bed. He blinked open his eyes to see Buffy slipping out from beneath the covers. He caught her wrist. “Where you going?”

A blush colored her cheeks as she glanced over her shoulder at him. “I--I umm...need to...freshen up.”

She meant pee. His girl was too embarrassed to say she had to pee. Fuck, but she’s adorable. Spike leaned toward her and pulled her hand to his lips so he could brush a quick kiss over her knuckles before releasing her hand. “Let me know if you need anything.”

Buffy nodded then dashed across the room and into his bathroom.

Not getting her off during their--and more importantly her--first time was still weighing on him, though he hoped the two times she came afterward helped with his redemption at least a little. He should have insisted on more foreplay or at least chosen a position that allowed more touching. She always responded to his touch. Of course, he should have had a bit more control--lasted longer. He wasn’t a kid.

“You’re frowning.”

He turned to find her standing by the bed, wrapped up in a towel. “You’re wearing a towel.”

Her shoulders bounced up and down. “I got cold.”

Spike lifted the edge of the blanket. “Come back to bed and I’ll warm you up.”

She dropped the towel and wriggled under the covers beside him.

He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her close, rubbing his hand up and down her arm. “Better?”

“Mmmm...why were you frowning?”

“ ‘guess I just missed you, kitten.” He pressed a kiss against the crown of her head and inhaled slowly. She always smelled good. Sweet. Maybe all the baking meant she’d absorbed a lifetime’s worth of sugar and vanilla.

“I was only gone for a minute.” She rolled onto her side and brushed her thumb over his cheek. “What were thinking about?”

He sighed. She read him too easily. “I was wondering how you were this morning. If you’re hurtin’ or sore...any regrets.” Damn. Even asking was hard. What if she was regretting it--him--what could he do? She probably wouldn't admit it, but he could tell if she was lying. Heart in his throat, he kept a careful watch on her eyes.

“Nope--all around nope.” She played with his hair. “I’m pretty sure I have the sweetest, sexiest, most-prettiest-eyes-having boyfriend in the history of boyfriends.”

Spike hugged her close and rubbed his cheek against her head.

“How about you? Are you...was last night okay for you?” Her voice wavered a little.

That waver--the mere idea that she could still wonder--squeezed his heart. He sat up and pulled her onto his lap. “Buffy--love, being with you last night--it was the best night I can remember.”

Her eyes widened. “Really?”

“Yes.”

She chewed on her lip and stared at him with narrowed eyes.

“You doubt that? Knowing how I feel about you?”

She shook her head. “No. I was just thinking about how many nights you’ve had. I guess a lot. I mean you are so much older than me--practically a cradle robber.”

His jaw dropped as she dissolved into giggles. She was teasing him. She hadn’t gotten more than a couple hours of sleep; she was probably giddy from exhaustion.

“You. Are. Such a brat.” He tickled her side until she squealed then flipped her down on her back and caught her hands with his. He pulled them up over her head and held them down firmly. Spike tugged away the blanket that had twisted around them and took a moment to look her over. Fuck. Seeing her was like getting socked in the gut. Bam! Every time. Too sexy to be real. Her breasts wiggled enticingly. Her hardened nipples were so fucking pretty they practically begged to be nipped at and kissed. He bent down and wrapped his lips around one firm peak. A quick twirl of his tongue made her gasp. He looked up and grinned.“Thought you could get away with it just ‘cause you’re too bloody cute to be real, didn’t ya?”

“Pretty much.” Her smile was about a mile-wide. “And there’s that whole you love me thing.”

Spike hadn’t known he could feel like this, so happy he couldn’t contain it, so happy it almost hurt. “There is that.” He studied her face for a few moments before resting his forehead on hers. “You should get a bit more sleep, love.”

“I’m not tired.”

“That so?”

“Yup.” She shrugged as much as she could with him holding her hands up by the headboard. “Totally awake.”

“Well then…” He dropped her hands, grabbed her waist and rolled them both so that she was sitting on his thighs. “You can be on top this time.”



******************************

Buffy finished putting the plates in the dishwasher and wiped off the countertop.

“Are you staying in tonight?” Joyce pushed the stools under the counter and fidgeted with the bowl of fruit.

“I think so, why?”

“Just wondering. You’ve been spending a lot of nights at William’s apartment these last few weeks.”

Oh. Buffy froze for a second. “Is that...um is that a problem?”

Joyce chuckled. “I know you’re sleeping together, Buffy. That’s not--I mean one perk of you living in dorm we never really considered was that I wouldn’t have to be quite so aware of your evening activities...but I’m dealing. And I’m glad you decided to live here this year. I just haven’t seen much of you lately. Maybe we could rent a movie. I’ll make popcorn.”

“That sounds perfect.” Relief mixed with a genuine desire to spend an evening in with her mom. It had been awhile since they’d had any real mother-daughter quality time. She’d made it a point not to be the type of friend who disappeared just because she had a boyfriend, but between Spike, friends and school she hadn’t been home much.

“Good. Is there...should we have...should we talk about anything?” Joyce winced.

Her daughter mimicked the expression.“I think we covered it all back when I was like fourteen.”

“But then it was all still so distant and hypothetical.” Joyce gave a dramatic, wistful sigh.

Buffy laughed. “It’s under control, mom. Really.”

“Good. Of course. And I like him, Sweetheart. I do. I think William’s a good man and that he genuinely cares about you.”

“He does. He is and he does. Lot’s of goodness. Bundles of goodness.”

“I still need to tell you to be careful.”

Buffy nodded. “Okay.”

“I don’t mean in the practical way. Well, actually, I do mean be careful in the practical ‘please use protection’ way, but I also mean be careful with your heart...and William’s too. Even good people make mistakes. Try not to be too hard on each other when you do.”

Buffy’s second “okay” was a touch more solemn.

“And now why don’t you go pick a couple of movies and I’ll make popcorn and we can pretend we didn’t just have this chat.”

“Sounds like a good plan.”

***************************

Spike swore in frustration and scooted out from under a shiny red Mercedes convertible. She was fucking gorgeous but she needed an entirely new engine. The owner ought be hung by his balls for treating her so shitty. He gathered up the tools he’d been using and stomped toward the shelving on the back wall.

“Spike?” Buffy called out from the front room. “Are you still here?”

“Back here, love. I’m almost done. Though I’m gonna have to stop home for a shower if you want to go out tonight.”

She appeared like some kind of vision in the doorway. “I locked the front door,” she announced casually as she placed a basket carrying unnamed goodies on the workbench.

Spike’s frustration with the car’s neglectful owner found a new channel instantly. “Did you now?” He looked her up and down slowly. She’d worn a flirty red top, a short denim skirt and red heels. His gaze settled on those shoes and he couldn’t help indulging in a moment’s fantasy about exactly how they’d feel pressed into his back.

“Yup. Are you ready to get off?” She twirled a bouncy lock of her pretty golden hair around her finger.

He was almost too hard to see straight. “Bloody hell. I hope that was intentional.”

She grinned impishly and he lunged toward her.

Buffy giggled. “But you’re so hot and...dirty.”

“Damn straight.” He scooped her up, carried her over to the Mercedes, and laid her down on the hood. “You like it dirty, don’t you?”

She nodded. “Oh yeah.”

“My sweet girl. Did you bring me a treat? Something good to eat?” He shoved her skirt up to bunch around her waist and spread her thighs as he lowered his mouth for a taste. He rubbed his cheek against the soft skin of her inner thigh, then kissed her through the cotton fabric of her underwear.

She gasped as he tried to push her panties to the side and tore them. “Spike!”

He chuckled and gave her another lick.

The heel of her right shoe pressed against his side. “More.”

“Good girl.” He licked and sucked and teased until she was panting.

He pulled back and she groaned. Spike chuckled hoarsely. “Don’t worry, kitten. I’m no where near done with you yet.” He brushed some hair away from her eyes and cupped her cheek as he leaned close to her face. “I want to see those pretty breasts of yours bouncing while I take you.”

He watched the shock and lust run across her face. He was pretty sure she all but came.

“Unbutton your top before I ruin it, kitten.”

She nodded and quickly undid the top few buttons. Spike dragged her bra down and took one sexy peak between his lips. “Mmmm”, he murmured against her skin. “So hot.”

He licked the valley between her breasts and kissed a path across her collarbone and up the length of her neck.

Buffy’s fingers tangled in his hair and yanked his mouth to hers for a deep kiss. When he pulled away, her lips looked swollen, her cheeks were flushed and she was staring back at him with eyes so full of passion they made him tremble. How could she be his? How could he be so lucky?

Spike tugged his wallet out of his back pocket, found the condom he kept stashed there and dropped the rest on the floor.

He pressed a kiss below her earlobe then spoke in low, quiet voice. “Are you ready for me, love?”

“So ready.” Her fingertips caressed the sides of his face.

A deep rumbling moan worked it’s way up his throat. He leaned into the touch, closing his eyes for a moment before straightening up.

Spike held the condom wrapper between his lips while he undid his belt and zipper and freed his erection. He stroked himself a few times, nearly exploding when Buffy lifted herself up onto her elbows to watch.

Her lips curled into a smile. “Need any help with that?”

Spike tore open the wrapper and slid the condom on. “What did you have in mind, baby?”

“Oh, I don’t know. It just looks lonely.”

“You can fix that, can’t you?” He gripped her thighs and pulled her closer to the edge.

She gripped his forearm tightly and Spike glanced up to meet her eyes.

She bite her bottom lip for a second before grinning. “Hard.”

With a single nod, he lifted her hips and pushed inside. “Your wish. My command.”

Spike took her hard and fast. Sweat ran down his back and dripped off his hair. He should have taken the three seconds to remove some clothes, but Fuck! she looked too good.

Her head was thrown back and her mouth was open. She was close. He lifted her hips higher and pushed in deeper.

“Yes!”

“You like that, kitten? You like me deep?”

She nodded. “Yes. Lots of yes.”

“Next time I’m gonna bend you over the workbench so I see that cute little arse of yours while I fill you up nice and deep. Think I can make you scream?”

She wrapped her legs around his waist as she came, squeezing him hard inside and out.

“That’s it. That’s it, Buffy. God, yes.” Spike came with a yell then fell forward. His head rested on her stomach as he fought to catch his breath.

Buffy lifted herself up on one elbow and ran her hand over the back of his head again and again. “That was...wow. It was…”

“Like my birthday and Christmas all at once.”

She giggled. “I brought sandwiches and lemonade.”

Marry me. The words popped into his head and very nearly slipped over his lips. She was everything he had ever wanted, how could he not want to keep her with him forever? He had to get his shit together. She deserved...everything. He lifted his head and caught her chin between his thumb and pointer finger. “I love you, Buffy.”

She leaned in and kissed the tip of his nose. “I know.”