Author's Chapter Notes:
Please read below...
August 9, 2012


Dear Readers:

It is with a heavy heart to inform all of you that I am putting A Link is Forged on hiatus. I want it to be understood, initially when I started writing and posting, my full intention was to see this story to the end. However, like everything in life, things change.

Without getting into the details, but not to leave you in the dark totally, I will briefly explain. Several months back, I had an idea for a story. However, unlike my typical ideas that gently tap me on the shoulder and politely ask for me to consider this or that, this plot knocked me unconscious, dragged me to an undisclosed location, and went totally Clockwork Orange on my ass until I finally surrendered. Needless to say, I finally folded and now I’m in deep.

At first I thought once I wrote down what was in my head, I’d appease my screaming muse. Then one chapter turned into two, then doubled to four. Finally at chapter five, I threw on the brakes and went back to Link. This lasted for only two weeks before I had to go back. Believe me, I tried to split my writing time between these two completely different stories. It worked for a time, but not anymore.

When I write, I submerge myself into the story. It’s not uncommon for ideas and dialog to come to me during all hours of the day and night. Many times my mind is going a mile a minute, going back and forth, working through situations. Hell, I haven’t had a shower alone in years!!!! *Insert image of a naked, sudsy Spike here *

Huh? Oh, sorry, where was I?

Oh, yeah, submerging myself in a story. Since this is my way, I feel, at least in my case, a divided mind leads to subpar writing. Neither story nor you the reader deserve that.

Please know, my intentions are to finish what I’ve started, it’s just the when that is unknown. I first need to empty my mind of all things revolving this other story. Only then will I be able to focus my attentions elsewhere.

Before I go, I want to thank all of you who have followed and reviewed, and for those who voted at the SunnyD awards for this story. You are the ones who make my little literary world go round!!



See you soon,

Behind Blue Eyes