Author's Chapter Notes:
Ah! An update at last! Huzzah! :D
Sorry, busy week, houseful of guests, and then, I made the crazy decision to post a new story! Which will be updated shortly, I promise! The weekend is much better for writing!
And, I wasn't completely procrastinating, I was working on my Buffy videos: http://www.youtube.com/PsychoMidgeX
^That was my main page, where I uploaded lots of BTVS videos. but due to copyright problems, I have a new page, this is the video I posted up last night, I'm actually pretty proud of it, give it a look if you like Buffy vids. I will love you forever! :D >http://youtu.be/rmy30glhtYQ
At the moment, I'm uploading a Spuffy video for you guys, A Kiss With A Fist Is Better Than None. It was the most fun to make! The link will be on my next update!
When Buffy awoke the next morning, she found herself still crouched beside the sofa, one hand lying across Spike’s. His leather duster was wrapped around her, the soft buttery leather smooth against her cheek. She smiled absently, wondering how it got there. Standing stiffly, she yawned, noting that it still looked pretty dark outside. A glance at the clock on the mantelpiece told her it was only a quarter past five in the morning.

She looked down at Spike. He remained unmoving, unchanged. She rubbed her tired eyes and sank onto the armchair opposite him, drawing the jacket tighter around herself, snuggling back into slumber.

The next time she woke up, Dawn was sitting on the sofa beside Spike, leaning over him, chatting incessantly, undoubtedly giving him a litany of Buffy’s supposed crimes against her.

She rose sleepily. Dawn looked up and glared at her.

“Is he awake?” Buffy demanded, hastening to check the vampire. She worriedly ran her finger along his face, down his neck, giving his shoulder a little shake. “Spike, you awake?”

Dawn scowled again. “Don’t pretend you care, Buffy.”

Buffy looked at her absentmindedly. “Go get ready for school, Dawn.”

“I’m so sick of you acting like you run the place. You’re not the boss.”

Her sister looked up at her, feeling more than a little pissed. “What? Dawn, I do run the place. I go out and work flipping burgers to make money. I clean. I pay the bills. I look after you. Not forgetting my Slayer duties! I have a lot of crap on my plate, and I don’t need this from you. Really, Dawn, I don’t! So go and get ready for school, and quit back-talking me.”

Dawn’s eyes narrowed and she turned away, running from the room again.

Ugh!” Buffy dropped onto the edge of the sofa, beside Spike. She held her head in her hands wearily.

Willow walked in. “Is everything okay?”

Buffy looked up. “Just a Dawn-induced migraine already. God, I really don’t get her, Will!”

Her friend shrugged. “Teenagers, what can ya do?”

The Slayer smiled. “I suddenly appreciate all the things that Mom put up with so much more.”

“She must’ve been Superwoman to do it all,” Willow nodded in agreement. “So, how goes it with our patient? Any changes?”

Buffy sighed. “A world of no. He hasn’t moved once. I don’t know what the hell is wrong with him!”

“Well, I have no classes today so we can do some major research, and work out this demon problem.”

“Thanks, Will.” Buffy smiled, breaking into a yawn.

“Bad night’s sleep?” Willow asked innocently.

Buffy shrugged. “I’m okay.”

“So, caffeine-y goodness is in order?”

With a laugh, Buffy nodded. “Definitely. But first I’m gonna go shower and dress.”

Once they had finally finished dressing and eating, it was time to hit the books. They had a small collection of demon texts in the house, the bulk, of course, were in the Magic Box. Willow promised that if they couldn’t find anything in the books they had, then they would visit the shop the day after. Appeased, Buffy began to delve into the dusty books, searching through account after account of various demons.

Three hours of research proved fruitless, and Buffy let the book fall onto the surface of the dining room table with a frustrated groan.

“This is hopeless! God, how many types of demon can there be?”

“Well, given the hundreds of species, not to mention the variations and interbreeding, I guess that… And that was a rhetorical question,” Willow finished sheepishly.

She threw her friend a smile. “Uh huh, yes it was. You hungry? I should put some food on. You feel like soup?”

“Soup would be of the good. Hey, don’t you have to work today?”

“Oh, I called in sick for a few days. I’m still pretty bruised this morning, and I don’t want to leave this while Spike is still unconscious. Something’s not right here. For all we know, he could wake up violent or something…”

“But, he’s chipped?”

“It doesn’t matter. I don’t think the chip could stop him if he was feral.”

Willow frowned. “But it did before? He was so evil before he was chipped.”

“But not wild. He was an idiot, sure, but he was never out of control, not like Angelus. Could you imagine if Angelus had ever been chipped?”

Her friend gave an involuntary shudder. “Now that’s pretty scary.”

“I just don’t know if the chip would stop him if something pushed him hard enough. We need to sort this out, and fix him.”

“Don’t worry, Buffy. We’ll work it all out in no time. I promise.”

Buffy gave a small smile, before picking up her abandoned book entitled ‘Demons Throughout the Ages’.

“Sheesh, no wonder we left all the book work to Giles. He’s the only one who’d be able to actually read this stuff. It’s so… stuffy!”

Willow nodded in agreement. “Some of these are pretty weighty. Even to me. I’d like to say it would be better to get all these texts onto the computer, but after the Malcolm incident? Gimme a book any day!”

They went back to work, studying the various descriptions, making notes in their notepad, cross-referencing, and crossing out each potential demon. The hours passed, and eventually Dawn came in. Once she realized what they were researching, she joined in, taking some of the lighter material, sifting her way through similar descriptions and images that looked like Buffy’s sketch of the demon. As the evening wore on, she excused herself to go and start her homework.

Buffy’s eyes began to blur as she skimmed the books, until a white hand reached out and traced a soft circle on the inside of her thighs. She jerked away.
“Stop it!”

He smirked, pulling his hand away. “Stop what?”

She rolled her eyes at him. “You know what,” she glared, casting a worried look across at her friends. Willow was perusing a text on the stairs, Anya was dusting the counter, and Xander was hunched over a large dusty tome across the table from her. “They’ll see.”

“Not if we go into the loo?” He suggested hopefully. “Or the basement? But I really don’t fancy havin’ to fight off that bloody mummy hand. Not again.”

Buffy frowned at him sternly. “There will be no going anywhere. We have research to do!” She hissed, being careful to keep her voice down.

“Please, you’re just pretendin’ to read, pet. Your eyes are all glazed over, your mind somewhere else. What are you thinkin’ about, hmm? A cozy little crypt for two? Or, maybe you wanna go into the backroom so I can pound you into the crash-mats?”

She shuddered unintentionally. “Stop…” She whispered, her eyes falling shut.

He slipped his hand to the back of her shirt, and slid it under the hem, his palm sliding up her back slowly, but with a firm pressure. Her back arched almost imperceptibly.

“Oh, God… please, stop… the gang, they’ll see…”

Spike moved closer, his cool lips brushing against the shell of her outer-ear. “The Whelp’s asleep, Anya’s got money to count, and Red isn’t paying us any attention. So, relax, pet.”

She leaned back against his shoulder. “I can’t do this. Not here…”

His other hand was sliding up her bare leg, under the length of her skirt, brushing the soft skin of her inner thigh…

“We’ll go then. C’mon, pet, we’ll say we’re goin’ on patrol. We’ll go back to my place, yeah?”

She shook her head, lifting herself slightly, to bring the path of his wandering fingers closer to where she wanted them.

“Ah-ah,” he chided. “Now, why do you get what you want, and I don’t? Hmm? Hardly fair, sweets.”

Buffy growled, her eyes snapping open to glare at him. “I swear, I’ll stake you.”

His fingers began to trace the edges of her panties, avoiding her need. “Are you sure it’s not that you want me to stake you,” he stressed, raising his eyebrows, the innuendo evident.

She gave a sigh of frustration. “No games, Spike!”

“I’m not the one who’s playin’,” he sing-songed.

“Damn you...” she gave a half-whisper, half-moan.

“Just tell me you want me, an’ I’ll make it all better.”

“Never.”

He chuckled darkly, his other hand slipped around to the front of her shirt, his thumb stroking the lace of her bra. “Say it.”

“No…”

His hands moved a little bit faster, enough friction to make her crazy.

“Spike, please…”

“Three little words, Slayer. Not that difficult, so tell me you want me.”

The lust was becoming too much for her, and she gasped. “I. Want. You,” she breathed.

He rewarded her by pressing his hand tight against her sodden panties, putting pressure on her sensitive spot. The other hand immediately slipped away from her breast to clamp around her mouth, stifling her low moan of release. She sagged against him.

“Now, pet. Wasn’t that fun?” He smirked, removing his hands.

She shot up in her seat. “Hey, Will, we’re gonna go patrol, okay? See you later.” She jumped from the chair, dragging the grinning vampire with her.

As soon as they got outside, she pressed him up against a wall, her mouth fastened on his, kissing him hungrily.

He chuckled. “Easy now, tiger.”

“Want you,” she moaned, kissing a trail up his neck, nipping his ear.

He gave a low groan. “Oh, Buffy. God, Buffy…Buffy…”

“Buffy? Buffy?”

She started awake, her head jerking upwards. Willow was seated across the dining room table, frowning at her. “You okay? You fell asleep. We should probably finish up, and go to bed, huh?”

Buffy blinked blearily. “What? Oh, right. Sorry, Will, must’ve dozed off, I guess…”

“Yeah, we should put the books away for tonight. I’m sure Giles doesn’t appreciate drool on his precious books,” Willow grinned in amusement.

The Slayer flushed, and swiped her mouth with the back of her hand. “Oops,” she said, sheepishly, tidying up the pile of discarded books.

Willow shrugged. “At least Giles isn’t here to catch you napping. It’s one of his pet peeves, I guess.”

“One of many,” Buffy smiled.

The witch nodded, giving a yawn. “Alright, I’m gonna go to bed. Night, Buffy.”

“Goodnight, Will.”

The redhead headed upstairs, leaving Buffy in the dining room alone. She sighed, and picked up a stack of books, and carried them into the living room, putting them in the glass cabinet. Once she’d finished cleaning up, she too went upstairs, into her bedroom. As soon as she was done get ready for bed, she went back downstairs, back into the living room.

Spike’s condition was unchanged, and with another sigh, she pulled back the comforter, and slid onto the sofa beside him, nudging him over gingerly. She tucked the blanket over them both, and laid her head against his unmoving form, clutching his still hand in hers, and drifted to sleep.


Chapter End Notes:
Ooh, Dawn's a bitch, huh? I always hated her. And I made Willow surprisingly likeable, I think, even though I hated her in Season 6!
...Sorry about the lack of Spike getting better, I know you're all worried. So, I put in the little flashback at the Magic Box to make up for his absence. Mmm, sexy Spike. :]
I hope ye enjoyed this brief chapter, and I love your reviews! Thanks to everyone who's been reviewing faithfully, you have no idea what it means to me! :D