Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry I've been away for so long. Initially, this was no way my intention it's just RL got ahold of me and I couldn't shake it loose. I promise, I will be updating regularly, every other week, from now on. I hope this long wait hasn't detered you from returning. One can hope. Many thanks to all the readers who nominated me. I'm still speechless! Big thanks to my amazing betas, Sanityfair and Diebirchen. You ladies are the best.
XIV




Inside paneled walls of opaque fabric and wood, Buffy and William came together in a fervent tangle of limbs and mouths. They were equally matched until he took control by pinning her arms down by her sides.

Greedily, he feasted on her throat, and when he stilled, worrying the spot over her racing pulse, she wriggled in his firm grasp, desperate to touch him again.

“William.” With the whisper of his name, he released her but didn’t move away.

“What do you need, sweetling?”

“I…I need—” Her mind was reeling. Words were difficult to grasp.

“I know what you need.”

Feeling trapped under his piercing gaze, feeling every bit the prey being sized up by its predator, Buffy remained stock-still, while William leisurely circled her.

Finally, stopping behind her, he gathered and secured her hair with two chopsticks. Tiny puffs of warm breath on her exposed nape caused her to shudder and her eyes to close. Buffy then felt a strip of silk settling over her eyes before it was tightened behind her head.

“Remove your dress.”

Blindfolded, and with slightly trembling hands, she removed her dress. Clad only in stilettos, a black garter belt, thigh-highs, and a thong, she waited.

Then there was nothing. Only a long stretch of silence filled the passing moments. In her rising uneasiness, Buffy attempted shielding herself until William’s command stilled her.

“Don’t.”

Reflexively, Buffy froze. Only her mind moved, racing trying to figure out where and, more importantly, what he was doing. Judging by his voice, he was now in front of her but no longer nearby. What he was doing remained a mystery.

“William, what—”

Her words caught in her throat by the faintest brush from her navel up through the valley between her breasts. Her body arched into his touch, needing more.

William’s exploring caresses teased and enticed yet never ventured where she truly wanted. It was maddening. Unable to stand another moment, she blindly reached out for him. He easily evaded her seeking hands.

“Ah, ah. No touching, or I’ll have to ensure you don’t.”

His cryptic warning, meant to chastise, only intensified her need. To refrain from reaching out again, she fisted her hands and lowered them to her sides.

It felt like forever before he touched her again and even longer before he guided her to the platform bed in the center of the room. Shaking with minimal restraint, she laid spread out against the silk sheets.

“The picture of pure avidity, you are.”

Following the direction his voice, Buffy craned her neck over her left shoulder. A moment later, she felt his hand gliding from her ankle and stilling on her inner thigh. Heeding his warning, she fought against the desire to clench her thighs together to trap his now retreating hand.

“Spread your legs.”

Wantonly bending to his will, this new position drew her thong taut to press hard against her clit. Gasping, her hands gripped the sheets while she dug her stilettos into the mattress to keep herself grounded.

“Mm…so responsive.”

His rousing comment, coupled with the cinched silk, nearly had her coming undone. She held this pose, shaking with anticipation.

“Please.”

“Please, what? This?”

In an instant, she felt the end of the bed dipping under his weight and his shoulders brushing against her inner thighs. She cried out when he finally made contact, laving her folds framed by the fabric.

Every swipe of his gifted tongue, neither increasing in speed nor pressure, expertly held her on the edge. Desperately needing more, Buffy reached for him. With almost inhuman speed he moved, seizing both her hands while skillfully wrapping a thin rope around her wrists.

“You were warned.”

The combination of his reprimand and swift punishment made her shiver. Yet it wasn’t from fear but pure voracity.

With her wrists securely bound, he raised her arms above her head, and she felt him fastening the slack onto something solid. Following three brisk tugs, he appeared satisfied, then set to work on her feet.

Now fully bound and blindfolded, Buffy was completely at his mercy.

It felt like a lifetime before he touched her again. Yet this time it wasn’t his mouth or his hands, but what she believed was the frayed end of a rope.

The irony wasn’t lost on her.

She bit her lip, holding back her plea as he teased, dampening further between her splayed thighs.

Then without a word, he worked the length intricately around her upper body. Dual knots on her sternum kept the harness firmly in place while leaving her breasts fully exposed.

“Lovely.”

His brazen appreciation was followed by another rope trailing along her midriff heading lower, and Buffy reactively arched her hips.

“So willing.”

Then the rope was gone, and it was clear by the sound of footfalls that William was moving. Buffy was completely on display and vulnerable. She’d never felt so alive.

“I wonder, will I find every part of you this way?”

William ran his hands over her outer thighs, settling at her hips. She felt him untying the two ribbons holding the two halves of her thong together and slowly sliding away the silk covering her center.

“Ah, there it is. Many a man has fallen, wars fought, and worlds lost, all in the name of sanctum sanctorum.”

While resting his cheek against her inner thigh, William reverently stroked her cleft. With each passing, he dipped further inside, reaching straight into the very heart of her.

“You truly don’t know the power you possess between these heavenly thighs? Do you, sweet Buffy?”

Beyond words, her only response was an imploring whine. It took all her will to remain still, afraid if she moved, he would stop. When his tongue replaced his finger, Buffy was unable to hold back. Her hips rose to meet his mouth as her arms strained and her legs shook in their bindings.

Then abruptly, he stopped. The chilly air replaced his hot mouth, while he worked another length of rope around her, skillfully fitting her with a makeshift chastity belt. When he was done, he released her ankles and wrists, then removed her blindfold before helping her to sitting.

“As I, you must wait. Go, and tomorrow return to me, unfulfilled. Then and only then—”

Holding her chin firm, he met and held her gaze. His eyes, two stormy depths of insatiability, dragged her under.

“I will make you mine.”

The rest of their time together was spent in silence. William carefully dressed her before escorting her to the exit. With his parting, “Till tomorrow,” she walked into the early morning light to a waiting taxi.



Author's Note:

sanctum sanctorum: "The Latin word sanctum is the neuter form of the adjective "holy," and sanctorum its genitive plural. Thus the term sanctum sanctorum literally means "the holy [place/thing] of the holy [places/things]," replicating in Latin the Hebrew construction for the superlative, with the intended meaning "the most holy [place/thing]."" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctum_sanctorum


Chapter End Notes:
Please let me know whatcha thought. Even if it's to chew me out for being a bad, bad writer. ;)