"So it shall be. So it shall be! Now!" Willow felt the power that had built up throughout the chant leave in a gust and she slumped forward.

Past-Spike's eyes shot open and he sprung upright. His sudden movement sent him sprawling over the side of the sarcophagus. "Wha—" He looked around, his eyes landed on Willow. "Miss, where are we?" His voice was soft, lacking the cockney tone he usually used.

Willow ran a hand wearily over her face. "Spike, what are you talking about?"

He blinked several times before he shook his head. "I'm afraid you have me mistaken. My name is William."

Willow frowned. "This wasn't supposed to happen." She groaned. "Something must be wrong."

William examined his attire. "I'm certain something is indeed wrong." He pulled at the black cotton that covered his chest tightly. "What in the Queen's name am I wearing?"

"Um, a tee-shirt and jeans," Willow said as she looked William over. Still looks like Spike, she thought.

William tsked. "I must find a more appropriate outfit."

Willow groaned again and dropped her head into her hands. "What have I done to you? You sound like Giles."

William stood and outstretched his hand to Willow.

Willow stared blankly at William's hand before she looked up at him. "What are you doing?"

William held his hand out still, awaiting Willow's hand. "Miss, I know no Giles, and I am very confused as to how I ended up in a crypt, but I have not forgotten my manners. A gentleman should help a lady to her feet."

Willow took William's hand. "Thank you." She glanced at her watch. "The… thing took forever, the sun should be down. We should go to Buffy's."

William's brow creased. "Buffy? That's an… interesting name."

"That's putting it kindly," Willow mumbled. "Come on, I'll lead you there."

William readily followed her out of the crypt. "I'm still very confused. Do you happen to know how I wound up in a house for the deceased?"

Willow shrugged. "Long story." She glanced back at William's wide eyed expression as he stared at the world around him. "I hope I didn't mess anything else up."

XxXxXx

Spike felt the magic in the air seconds before Angel's startled cry broke the quiet conversation. Angel's head rolled back and he writhed in his seat.

"Bugger." Spike swore.

Buffy jumped to Angel's side. She grabbed his right arm in her hands. "Angel, are you okay?"

He settled down, his eyes closed. A smile tugged his lips, but he smothered it. "Oh, Buffy… it hurts."

Buffy leaned in closer to his side, one hand moved up to his shoulder, the other rested on his chest. "What happened? What can I do?"

"A- a kiss. Please, I just want a kiss."

Buffy stared at him in confusion. "What? Angel, we can't…"

He opened his eyes. "What, Buff? You give Spike the goodies, but I get nothing? How fair is that?" His voice was thick with an Irish drawl.

Buffy pulled back, her eyes wide. "You."

Angelus' face melted into his demonic form and his hand pounced out. He grabbed the back of Buffy's head and pulled her mouth to his. He kissed her hard, and one of his fangs cut Buffy's lip.

Spike shoved off the loveseat he was sharing with Dawn and threw himself at Angelus. He hit with his shoulder, pushing him back, at the same time he grabbed Buffy and pulled her away. Spike threw Buffy onto the couch and faced off with Angelus.

Angelus smirked as he rose to his feet. "Well, I must say Buff, you kiss about as bad as ever." His tongue slipped over his lip, and he drew Buffy's blood into his mouth. "Tasty though. You ever taste her, Willy?"

Spike growled; a menacing noise from deep in his chest. "I'll rip your bloody head off."

Angelus shrugged. "Guess that means no."

Spike leapt on him and dragged him to the ground. Spike and Angelus rolled around, each grappled for the upper hand, but neither of them could gain it.

Angelus used his superior weight to flip and pin Spike to the ground. "Am I going to have to do a dominance claim on you again, boy?"

Spike struggled under Angelus, but with no leverage he found himself stuck. He glared up at Angelus. "I'd rather die." He spit in Angelus' face. "Go to hell."

Angelus snarled. "Then the claim it is." He buried his teeth into Spike's neck and bit down viciously.

Spike groaned in pain and did the only thing he could think of in his new position. He rammed his knee into Angelus' crotch.

Angelus ripped his mouth from Spike's neck and gasped. He rolled over, his hands holding his bit a' pieces.

Spike sat and pressed his palm to his bleeding neck wound. "Sodding hell." Spike drove his boot into Angelus' ribcage.

Angelus hissed air through his teeth and climbed limply to his feet. "You will be paying for that, boy."

Buffy moved towards him, a stake in hand. "Stay the hell away from him. Don't come near me," She glanced at Spike. "or mine."

Angelus barked in humorless laughter. "He's mine, girly. I molded him since the day Dru brought his worthless arse home." His eyes flickered down to Spike, then back to Buffy. "I'm going to have to pound out the clay and try again." He smirked. "Ask him how I did it before," He chuckled. "It's really pretty funny."

Buffy gritted her teeth. "You know what? You die now." Buffy moved towards Angelus.

Angelus turned and unceremoniously ran for the back door. He flung it open and stopped, turning to Buffy, who hadn't moved to chase him. "I'll be back for what's mine." With that said he strolled out of the house and disappeared.

Xander crossed his arms over his chest. "Buffy, did you say that Spike was one of yours?"

Anya smacked his shoulder. "That's all you took out of this scene?"

Xander smiled sheepishly. "Um, good point. Angel has no soul, and that always equals bad."

Anya shook her head. "No. Evil Angel has the hots for Spike."

Spike nearly choked on his tongue. "He does not!"

Anya stood her ground. "Then why did he bite you? That seems way too intimate to me."

Spike glared at her as he found his feet. "It's a vampire thing. A dominance claim is often used with my type. It allows an older vampire to control a younger one. It also hurts like a son-of-a-bitch "

Anya grumbled. "I could still be right."

Spike ignored the disgruntled ex-demon and sat heavily on the armchair Angelus had vacated. He closed his eyes and let the searing pain from his neck take him to another realm. He jumped when he felt someone put their hand over his. Spike opened his eyes. "Buffy, what?"

Buffy moved Spike's hand off his neck. "I'm gonna clean you up." She ran a warm washcloth over the wound.

Spike protested and brought his hand up to intercept Buffy's. "I'll be fine, luv. Vampire healing an' all."

Buffy snatch his hand with her free one. "Am I going to have to tie you up?"

Spike snorted, but set his hand in his lap.

Buffy cleaned and patch Spike's neck. She leaned down and kissed the bandage. "There, how do you feel?" Her words were soft, unheard by anyone but Spike.

Spike brushed her cheek with his fingertips. "Better." He inclined his head and pressed his lips to Buffy's.

Xander jumped to his feet. "That's enough! I've had it. No touching."

Buffy sighed and moved from Spike to Dawn and sat by her. "So, what now?"


Chapter End Notes:
Spike just thinks he is William. He's still a vampire.