Author's Chapter Notes:
This is a season 6 based, A re-write, set after Gone, just when Buffy and Spike are starting to get really intimate, but its going to take an interesting turn.. I do love that season, and it will be based on how I would have written it, it won't be much different I promise.
It was a dark, cold night in Sunnydale, there wasn’t a sound in sight, it was too quiet.
The Summers house was dead , no phone calls, no music, nothing, the cemetery was dead and there had been no recent activity nothing from the trio. All the scoobies where just enjoying life for the first time in years like normal adults.
It had been about 2 months since Buffy had come back from the dead was still adjusting to life, getting used to properly patrolling again on her own when Spike wasn’t helping her which was most nights, getting back to seeing her friends, and even looking for a job for herself, something that wasn’t full on and could work it around her life as The Slayer. Buffy just arrived home from going shopping on her own, Dawn had told her this morning that she was spending the night at Tara’s after school, which gave Dawn time with Tara and time away from Willow, speaking of Willow, She had been on the phone said that Xander had called asking her to spend the night there with himself and Anya, it would give her time away to recharge after the Disaster which was the other night after the accident. This opportunity meant that Buffy could have the whole house to herself for once. She didn’t have to worry about anyone or lie to her friends about wanting to be alone; She was completely free for the first time in a while.

Buffy closed the door after herself and walked into the kitchen, set her food shopping down and quickly put it away, she had just used the last of the money that Giles gave her before he went away, he really did pull through for her, it was sad that he had left her, at the start she felt so abandoned, but after awhile she began to think maybe it was for the best. She picked up the rest of her shopping that she had bought and turned back towards the door and made her way to the stairs.

She ran upstairs and placed everything way, and sat down on her stool at her dresser, took the bobble out of her and set her short hair around her shoulders, and began to brush it, she forgets sometimes that she had cut her hair short. So much has happened since she came back, where to begin.

Anya and Xander had got engaged, she was genuinely happy for them, she was going to be maid of honor. She got to wear a pretty dress for once and actually feel like a woman for once instead of the Slayer.

Willow and Tara had broken up because of Willow's magic, which had gone from bad to worse because of the car accident which caused Dawnie to break her arm.

Dawn had gone off the rails and just was upset all the time, and constantly craved her attention, which is obviously because of there recently deceased mom.

Giles left and went back to England, because he felt like he wasn't needed anymore, which was obviously not true, he was just oblivious to what was really going on behind the scenes.

And last but not least Spike, he seemed to be the only genuine person who seemed to care about her, the only one who seem to make any since she came back. The only person who told her how it was, and how it could be. To let him be in control for once to look after her and to give her own space when she needed it.

Spike had been there for her when no one else was, she even started something with him, a relationship of sorts with him, it was nice, they had regular sex and he cared for her so it was enough to have something that was just hers and for her to enjoy it.

She got changed into a pair of black and white leggings and a comfy off the shoulder top and threw on her slippers for a relaxing evening, no sister, no friends just her.

The phone started to ring and she jumped.

“Oh come on! who needs me now.”

Buffy exclaimed towards the phone, she looked at her watch and it was 6:30 pm, who would be ringing her now. Dawn had already ran her on her mobile when she was out shopping to check in.

She sighed and picked up the phone from her dresser, pressed the button and held it to her ear.

“Hello, This is Buffy.”

She spoke in annoyed voice, and then sighed after the words left her mouth waiting to hear the voice in her ear, maybe it was Xander checking in for the fourth time today.

“Hello Love.”

Buffy took the phone away from her ear and looked at it. Since when did Spike have a phone.. She thought to herself. Then she remembered that he had bought a phone to contract them if he was needed or when he needed me.

“Spike, What are you doing?”

Buffy looked at herself in the mirror and stared at herself, how did her life turn out this way. How did her life change that Spike was able to keep her company and comfort her.

“We’ll I’m glad you’re okay too love, It’s nice to know your back to normal. Just incase you’d like to know. I’m very well too.”

She could also hear the sarcasm in his voice and she smiled and shook her head.

“Ha-ha so funny, Spike. Why are you ringing me anyway? I’m supposed to be having a relaxing night in.”

She walked over to the bed and lie down and let the phone lie between her head and her shoulders.

“I just thought being the kinda man I am love that, I would offer to keep you company as I fully aware that Bit and Red aren’t home tonight, and they have left you alone, pet. Thought you would like some company is all?”

She took the phone in her hand and turned onto her stomach, and sighed again, she knew already this was going to be a long, long night. Had Spike never thought that she might want to be on her own tonight? The truth was, she never felt more alone, she wanted him with her, and he knew it.

“Come, If you have too, but didn't the thought ever occur to you Spike, that I might want to actually be alone tonight?”

She could almost hear him smirk down the phone at her as if she was right in front of him.

“You see Love, I know as well as you do, you hate being in that house on your own, So I’m coming to keep you company, because I know that you want my company, even if you don’t admit it.”

Spike sighed down the phone at her and she can imagine him standing again his wall in his crypt all smug and happy the fact that he gets to spend the night with her.

Buffy knew that Spike had other ideas for their evenings entertainment, but she truly wanted the night off, she wanted to relax, and what he had in mind was not going to let her relax in any sort of way.

“Just come round already, Spike. Before I change my mind and realize that I’ve made a mistake.”

Buffy shook her head, why was she letting him in again, did she really have feelings for another vampire, or was it just Spike.

Buffy put the phone done on him and quickly stood up and put the phone back on the receiver and quickly touched up her make-up as a cold shiver went up her back as a gust of wind appeared behind her and the voice along with it flowed with the wind.

"You don't have to look over yourself for me love, you look bloody gorgeous."

She didn’t turn to look at him, she just shook her head at herself for not realizing sooner, he must have been outside this whole time, obviously saw her in her room.


“Spike… you couldn’t have used the door.”

She sighed still not looking at him, she shook her head and then turned to look at him.

Spike looked at her, he was a little upset with her to be honest, she wasn’t happy to see him at all, and she just wanted to have a go at him. Why did he bother come round in the first place?

“Look, okay I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be angry.. Lets start again. Hey Spike, that was quick.”

She smiled at him trying to get back on track he smiled back at her.

“It’s fine love, don’t worry. Anyway you know me, Love. Never see me pass up an opportunity to spend the night with you, Goldilocks.”

She shook her head, and smiled, he turned around and closed the window after him and closed the curtains. She just became aware that this had been the first time they had been together since the invisible accident, let alone be in her house together just the two of them for the whole night. She looked around her room trying not to focus on him; she didn’t want to give the impression that something was going to happen tonight.

“So, What do you want to do tonight?”

She looked at him and smiled, he just smiled at her and listened what she was saying and didn’t say a word.

“I could make us some hot chocolates, the one with the little marshmallows that you like and maybe watch a movie, my Mom showed me her special recipe before I went to college, I have my own little twist on mine but Mom’s…

Buffy started to ramble into a mini frenzy, Spike just stared at her in awe of her, he hadn’t seen her so relaxed in ages. She stopped talking and just watch him.
“I don’t mind, I mean… you’re the guest, it’s not to much trouble…”

She started rambling again and he just smiled at her and then he finally talked.

“Buffy, Love… It sounds perfect, whatever you want. I just want to be with you, relax and spend some quality time with you, sweetheart. Anything else is just a bonus.”

“Okay, two Mom’s hot chocolates coming up.”

She walked to her bedroom door and opened it and started down the stairs knowing that Spike was on her tail, she slowed walked into the kitchen.

“Just sit down at the island, and I’ll get started.”

Spike sat down on a stool, and just watched her get to work; the silence was peaceful, not forced, just relaxed and perfect.

There was a loud noise outside like someone falling over something on the backyard.

Buffy looked at Spike and then looked out the window but didn’t see anything.

“Spike, did you hear that.”

She looked frantically around but gave up as nothing was there.

“No Love, nothing.”

Spike walked up behind and looked but there was nothing there.

“It must have been the wind, I guess.”

Buffy closed the window and got back to her drinks making and Spike took a seat again.

The scene then went to the outside of the house as three shadows appeared in the background.....


Chapter End Notes:
Thank you for reading you guys .. let me know what you think in the reviews.. If you want me to continue it or not let me know.

I know a new story, I do want to continue AETL but I am still waiting for my beta, so I am planning to finish it I just have writers block with it, and need some inspiration, i'm sure my muse will appear again and help me finish it..

Much Love to you all

xx Lilly xx