Buffy was puffing for air as she struggled to jog her way through the thick bush as she pushed further inwards of the forest. Sweat was dripping down onto her top from her forehead and her skin felt clammy to the touch. Buffy knew it was from the blood-loss and the force in which she was pushing her body to its limits.

This is so not a good sign. Come on Summers, pull it together!

With her new-found power running through her body she could run harder and faster, but there was nothing like a bleeding wound to slow you down. She slumped into a tree and almost slammed her forehead on its bark from exhaustion. The hand that had been cut from her window fall had bled through the bark bandage that she had tied around it and with a whimper she peeled away the wrappings to view the damage. She cursed herself for not collecting more Yarrow from the bushes she had come across earlier at seeing the blood pooling there.

Buffy closed her eyes and tied the bark around her palm a fraction tighter, almost as tight as you would a tourniquet. With her eyes closed she took a few deep and calming breaths to collect her thoughts. Her body was tired, thighs aching from running, her lungs hurting with every breath she took and her brows furrowed together when she felt her hip throbbing with pain. She pulled her pants away from her skin to see what the cause of discomfort was and noticed for the first time that the claw marks and scratches she had delivered to herself in her sleep were bright red and angry. The bite marks in the center were a deep blood red.

Her body swayed and she stumbled over her own feet to take a few steps as her vision blurred, her limbs becoming heavy.

"Such a pretty little dollie. Come to mummy."

Buffy's head smacked down again onto the trunk of the tree she was using to hold herself up, the smack doing nothing to jolt her out of the dazed state she had slipped into.

"You've been a naughty girl. Bad dollie."

That voice.


Buffy breathed deep in her trance, her limbs heavy as she started walking forward at a stumbling pace.

"Come to mummy."

Those feral yellow eyes.


Eyes than haunted her.

Buffy's body betrayed her every screaming thought as she tried to push herself out of the limbo she had slipped into.

"Bad dollies need to be punished."

..................................................................


Giles had been pushing his horse to it's limit, staying at a gallop for a long time, stopping only for a few seconds to console the map in his hands and the ash line that showed Buffy's movements as she continued to move further into the forest. She was close by and slow in her pace which he could neither decipher if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

Still, Giles thought it wise to stay on edge and alert, his back tense and eyes scanning the treeline in front of him. He stuck to the road that ran through the forest surrounding Spikes estate and could see that Buffy wasn't too far in from the main path itself. The map showed that she had traveled a good distance inwards, but was not slowly making her way towards the path again.

When the ash line on the map jutted forward again he could see that Buffy would be entering the path from the trees a few meters ahead from where he was. Wanting to catch her off guard he slipped from his horse and tied it to a nearby tree.

A small satchel hung from his saddle and he slipped it across his shoulder, the leather slung across his chest diagonally. He heard her before he saw her, Buffy's footfalls heavy and dragging sluggishly behind her, breathing shallow and short. It wasn't long before she came into his sight and when her yellow eyes locked with his he was taken back.

Buffy gave him a feral growl before charging, swinging her sword towards him. Giles only just managed to narrowly miss having his chest sliced open by lunging backwards on his feet.

"Buffy!"

She growled and lunged again, Giles out stepping her moves once more.

Giles couldn't believe what he was seeing. Buffy in this state of frame and mind was sluggish in her step, obviously fighting off Drusillas hold and pull on her. When she moved to come at him again he wasn't as quick and she managed to slice the side of his arm, cutting his shirt and hitting flesh.

He cursed and stumbled back, tripping over a tree root and falling. Buffy came at him again, her eyes wide and yellow. With shaky hands he dug his hand into the satchel deep and grabbed a fist full of the herbs inside.

"Sorry my dear."

Giles tried his best to sound sympathetic, but it was lost on Buffy when she tried to swipe down at him again. He thrust his fist full of herbs into her face and muttered a few words, sweeping out a leg to knock her legs from under her. Buffy's eyes rolled into the back of her head and the sword she gripped onto fell from her hands with a clang right before she crumpled to the ground in a heap, knocked out cold.

...................................................


Miles away an ever-maddening vampiress eye's narrowed as she swiped at the blood that dripped from her nose.

Drusilla had stayed awake all night concentrating so hard until she forced on nose bleeds as she sought to pull her dollie back. Her efforts seeming futile and almost giving up hope until the early morning hours came and she finally managed to break through the little girls barriers and enter her mind.

She had seen bunched up sheets and her dollies own bloodied hands before she was pushed out of her mind. Drusilla pushed back in and saw her Spike staring back in worry. She had growled and knocked him out using the dollies own body against her.

She would worry about dealing with Spike once dollie was home.

Drusilla was pushed out from her mind once again and had succeeded only minutes ago at taking over dollie once more. Through her eyes she could see tree's and forest surrounded her, which did nothing to help indicate where she was exactly. Drusilla needed pathways, signs or landmarks. Her eyes narrowed as her dollie struggled, using her voice to pull her back into the void once more.

Drusilla saw flashes of an old man trying to coax her dollie away and she growled and lunged at him. Minuets passed and just when she thought she had the old man finished she was pushed out again.

"Meddlesome fools!" She screamed her rage, hands scrunching into fists when her hold was once again broken.

Her nails dug into her flesh, half moons etched into her palm as she steamed with fury.


Chapter End Notes:
So I wrote/ looked over this one super late, I hope it makes sense. More to come soon! :)