"Will it hurt?"

"No," Spike paused, watching Buffy as she worried her lip between her teeth. "Not the way I can do it."

His words offered her little assurance.

"What would you do? Angelus just-" she shuddered from the memory and averted her gaze.

I'll die first before I ever let someone touch me like that.

"It's not like that for us. Vampires like pain." Spike struggled to explain. "Pain is- It's just..." He let out a frustrated sigh. "I wouldn' do that to you. I'm not going to run over and maul you. Relax, pet." Spike could see her body tense and stiffen from his words, her thoughts and fears clearly taking a hold over her as she instinctively crossed her arms over herself in defense, still worrying her lips between her teeth.

"What if you don't do it. What if-"

Spikes demon protested at her words, the thought of Buffy turning from the idea sent his face into a scowl, brows furrowing in response to the thought of her rejecting his offer.

What if he can control me?

"Do you want to help me kill Angelus?"

"Yes." She whispered, wanting nothing more than to avenge her parents' deaths, but the thought of what Spike might be able to do to her once the claim was completed had her eyes watering in fear and worry.

"If I don't break the claim Drusilla has on you, then she will feel you coming. She'll be able to warn Angelus. She can control you." His words were short, but heavy, eyes boring into hers as he spoke.

"Mummy has fixed everything. Alone in the dark she stumbles, but I'll always know. The pixies whisper where she hides."

"You won't be able to fight her off." Spike paced back and forth for a few moments before stopping in front of her. "There's nothing stronger than a blood claim. Dru has her claws in you, luv."

"Will you be able to control me?"

"No, a mating claim runs both ways. What Dru has done to you-" Buffy jumped when he reached out to touch her. "It's different."

Buffy's eyes searched his face, looking for what she didn't know. All that she was sure of was that Spike spoke the truth. There was nothing stronger than blood. Blood was special. She of all people knew that.

"You're special, Elizabeth and one day not too far from now you're going to do great things."

"Ok." Her answer was a barely audible whisper, sighing almost in defeat as she spoke.

"Ok?" Spike was surprised, eyes going wide at hearing her whispered answer, positive that she would say no. He was expecting curses thrown at him or even punches as she swore she would rather die first than let him anywhere near her. "I do this and it's forever, pet."

"I don't have any other choice do I!" Buffy defeatedly yelled, eyes welling with tears. "It's you or her! A-and right now being under her control is-" a few tears slipped down her cheeks. "Please, just make it stop."

Spike felt something in his chest tighten, pity, sadness and a sympathetic nod of understanding was sent her way. He knew the costs of the claim and had spent the better part of the day pacing lost in his own thoughts as he tried to come to terms with his decision.

Drusilla, for a moment in time had been his whole world. She had made her choice though. It was clear as day to him now upon seeing the woman standing before him, suffering, because of Drusilla and the lengths that she was going to, to pull Buffy under her control. Ultimately bringing her back to her tormentor, Angelus.

He always hated the pillock. No. The only way to stick it to Angelus was to take away the one thing he desired most, and more than anything that was Buffy.

The tiny young scrap of a woman who had knocked him out cold and dusted his minions with ease, eluded his guards, jumped from a two story balcony and run off into the sunlight.

This tiny scrap of a woman is goin' to be the death of me.

Spike owed Ripper his life, a debt that he would never be able to repay and after hearing the old man state that Buffy was the closest thing that he had left to family and was his duty and obligation to protect, his mind had been made. He had no choice but to intervene. He would break the hold Drusilla held over her, and help her kill Angelus once and for all. He just hoped that when it came to the moment, Drusilla wouldn't get caught in the crossfire.

"You said it yourself. There's no other master vampire around to break the claim, not one that wouldn't kill me knowing what I am." Buffy took a deep breath. "H-how do we do this? Do you just?" She offered up her arm and moved a few steps forward, making biting noises with her teeth.

Please don't let this hurt.

Spike let out a laugh at her ministration, taking a few steps forward to wrap his cool hand around her offered delicate wrist. A smirk formed on his lips. The demon in him was ecstatic, waiting just beneath the surface, relishing in the fact that soon he would be making her his. Buffy's blood would soon flow through him as he buried himself inside her.

Buffy had no idea what she was in for.

"It's a bit more complex then tha', luv." He took her hand in his and turned her palm down. "A claim is like a marriage I guess, in the way you humans would describe it anyhow. In the sense that it's no' official unless you, you know."

When he waggled his eyebrows suggestively making Buffy gasped, her hand jumping in his.

Oh...

"OH!"

"You give yourself to me and I would give myself to you."

Spike brought her wrist to up his lips and kissed the pulse point there, eyes staring at her the whole time. Watching the emotions that played across her delicate features, highlighted by the fires flames that they stood in front of.

"You don' have to be afraid of me."

"I am..." Buffy whispered, fighting back the urge to snatch her hand from the vampire staring at her hungrily and make a run for freedom.

Kinda hard not to be when you're looking at me like that buster.

Her neck was tingling with warning at having a vampire this close to her. Her body automatically tensing and slipping into defense mode, muscles ready and tense.

Spike placed an open-mouthed kiss on her wrist and smiling before letting her hand go, dropping to her side.

This is a bad, bad idea. What did I just agree to!

"Nope!"

Buffy jumped back when Spike's hands moved to grasp her hips, her bite mark burning red at his touch. Spike stopped his movements, hands slipping into defense, only to try again after Buffy had taken a few shaky and deep breaths. His fingers played with the material of the night gown she had been dressed in after arriving that afternoon. He fingered the material, letting his knuckles glide across her thigh before moving them upwards. Fingers swam across her tense back like wisps of silk as Spike whispered to her.

"Relax, luv."

Oh yeah, like it's so easy!

Buffy couldn't help but be scared. She had been terrorized and tortured by vampires for the last two years and here she was making a deal with the devil himself to stop the control one beast had over her. She was going to let Spike bite her. She was going to let Spike take her very life essence, the blood her parents had told her was so special and claim it as his.

She was going to have sex with Spike.

Oh my god!

Her heart skipped a beat as she stammered nervously.

"I've....I've never..."

"Relax."

The whispered words in her ear sent a shudder through her, goosebumps rising on her arms even in the warmth of the room. Buffy couldn't help the involuntary tense of her back muscles when his hand trailed down her spine, sliding along the material of her gown as he walked to stand in front of her again.

Spike pushed the hair off of her neck and leaned in.

This is it. Here goes nothing.

Her eyes squeezed shut as she tensed again, waiting for him to strike. Spike paused his movements.

"Relax, pet."

His soft voice made her heart race. Instead of the sharp bite she had been waiting for, she got a kiss on the collarbone. And then another, and another, before he placed a trail of them along her neck. His kisses turned to short little nips, racking them up her neck before placing an open mouthed kiss above her pulse point there.

"Wh-"

Buffy could feel her pulse racing under his lips. Never before had she let anyone this close to her, never the less kiss her. Her eyes fluttered closed when he took an earlobe in between his mouth and murmured to her. She tried to fight her body, but it betrayed her. Her legs turned to jello and she had to grip onto his biceps for support. Spike must have taken her arms on him as a sign to continue his movements and with firm hands he placed them around her waist.

His hands began stroking her, squeezing, as he trailed kisses down her neck, collarbone and chin before he placed a brief kiss on her lips and groaned low.

"You smell amazing." He squeezed her hips and took a deep breath in her hair.

Buffy's only response was a gasp as her body betrayed her again and starting moving forward, further into his arms.

"Like sunshine."

She had a brief moment of panic when his lips had first met hers, cold as ice on her warm skin. A jolt had run through her right to her stomach and further below.

Oh my!

As if hearing her thoughts, he captured her lips once again.

His kiss was against closed lips at first, before opening his mouth a few seconds later and pushing his tongue against her lips, forcing his way into her. Her stomach was a flutter with butterflies when her tongue met his for the first time. She felt her body flush with goosebumps, her nipples becoming hard as he pulled her close.

In all her eighteen years she had never experience anything so amazing before. The hands she had on his biceps involuntarily moved to cup his neck when he pulled her flush against his body. His head tilted, moving in the opposite direction, making his kisses all the more intoxicating.

Buffy let out a gasp as their heads turned, the new movement deepening their kiss. The hands around her waist slipped to cup her backside and she groaned. Her body felt foreign to her, feelings and movements she had never experience before, but coming so easily.

His hands squeezed her backside and she moaned again into his mouth.

"Christ, luv."

They broke apart panting, foreheads resting together, his hands still silently roaming her body. Stroking, squeezing.

"Wow."

Her eyes widened at her body's reaction to his touch. Maybe this wouldn't be as destructive and painful as Angelus had made it look.

"Uh-huh."

Was Spike's only response before diving straight back in. She was getting the hang of this kissing thing. If she really was going to do this, let Spike claim her, then she was going to make sure she at least tried to enjoy it.

And enjoying it she was.

Feeling bolder in her kiss Buffy pushed forward and they stumbled in their steps slightly as she brought him closer. Her legs felt like they would collapse from under her at any moment and she was grateful when Spike slipped his hands beneath her gown and hoisted her up, her legs instinctively going about his waist to stop her from falling over.

The gasp and sound that escaped her mouth was foreign to her. Surely she didn't just produce such a sultry sound. The higher position let her body feel a whole new range of sensations. Spike's hands grasped the naked flesh of her legs, his lips kissing her breasts through the material of her gown, making the front damp from his ministrations.

In all her wildest dreams Buffy had never though that she would ever experience this. Experience the touch from another man. Spending her whole life on the run it wasn't safe to let anyone close and the prospects of a relationship seemed dim. If not impossible.

Buffy gasped when Spike pushed her up against the nearest wall. The cold stone hitting her back and making her shiver. She cried out in protest at the still tender skin being brushed against anything. Spike seemed to notice and captured her lips with his and stumbled them towards the bed. They fell with a thud and both let out twin groans when Spike's center collided with hers.

Spike could feel the heat that radiated in between his legs and felt his demon fighting for dominance. It wanted Buffy and it wanted her now. He struggled for a few moments trying to keep his demon at bay, knowing that Buffy deserved more than just a hard and fast claiming. He needed to make this special for her. Something she wouldn't fear and hate him for entirely.

He didn't want her resentment.

Her hatred.

He had tried his best not to lie when she had asked him if it was going to hurt, but there was no stopping the pain that came from a vampires teeth biting into flesh.

Of course it's goin' to hurt.

The skirts that were bunched around Buffy's waist were suddenly stripped free, the material making a sharp ripping sound in the quite of the room. Spike pulled the offending garment from her body and over her head, his lips coming down to meet the naked chest that awaited him.

"Fuck!" Buffy gasped when Spike pulled a nipple into his mouth and bit down lightly, one hand coming to toy with the other. "Y- you really weren't lying when you said I was missing out - Oh!" Buffy let out another gasp as Spike chuckled, his hips unconsciously grinding down against hers before he slid up and away.

His eyes raked over her naked form and he couldn't help the possessive growl that came out of his mouth.

Mine!

Buffy felt herself shudder, goosebumps rising to her flesh under his intense stare.